Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: One Man's Guess: Pack Mock

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Why?
    I think because they have Potter going in the 4th round, but Walter Football isn't the greatest source. I think he'll go higher than that. And don't get me wrong, I like Sherrod, I'm not so sure he'll be ready to start though.
    Thanks Ted!

Finally came up with one that I'm happy with with or without Collins:

Player availablity roughly based on PFW's value chart: http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-value-chart-7

TRADE: Ted sends #28 (660 points) to Jacksonville for #38 +#80 (660 points)
    #38 2a) Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois
    Ted trades down because a bunch of OLBs he likes are still on his board and Jacksonville wants to grab the OT on the board. Only one is left by the time Ted picks again in the second, but it's coincidentally the guy with the highest upside. If nothing else, he gets after the QB on third down improving the worst 3rd down pass defense in the league.

Ted sees a guy he has a high grade fall past a team he thought would take him on and pulls the trigger to cross a tier

TRADE: Ted sends #59, #90 (450 points) for to Dallas for #45 (450 points) to select
    #45 2b) Devon Still, DE, Penn State
    Still falls a little due to productivity, injury, motor, and hand use concerns. He's absolutely a player Trgo can work with though, high end tools, best frame on the DL.

#80 3) Brandon Hardin CB/FS, Oregon State
    Ted "reaches" for a guy in the eyes of the media who have miscast Hardin (who played CB for the Beavers) as a cornerback instead of a safety, similar to how Nick Collins had 5th round grades as a CB in 2005. Even if Collins is cleared, he may not play more than another couple of years, Hardin eventually replaces him and teams with Burnett in the backfield.

4a) Chris Polk, RB, Washington
    Ted is gobsmacked to find this guy here, PFW says he might be.

4b)Philip Blake OG/OC, Baylor
    Not an ideal pick, since 26 year old developmental centers aren't ideal, but he can take over for Saturday in a year or two preventing the need for another stopgap. Perhaps not the long term solution.

4c) Akiem Hicks, DE, Regina
    Green as seasick grass, but similar tools to Brockers who's goes in the high first. Can become a player, Ted takes him higher than the "experts" would have.

5) Jake Bequette, OLB, Arkansas
    Good size, motor, athleticism, has experience playing in space. Technique is terrible. Value meets the slot here.

6) Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego
    Rocket-armed QB whose footwork is atrocious, which hurts his accuracy. No prospect in the draft stands more to gain from McCarthy's QB school than Lindley.

7a) Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion
    Developmental size/speed CB.

7b) Tydreke Powell, NT, North Carolina
    Ted's 7th round DL flyer is a nose tackle this time.

7c) Bryce Harris, OT, Fresno State
    Ted's late round developmental OL flyer.

7d) Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
    Because, why not.
    </delurk>

Why?
    Whenever I see a response like that I think to myself....what can I do with that? Was my response to packrulz not more mannerly then 'your post to me'? Did you have a problem with my response? If so try to articulate your complaint please. Your why? isn't much better than 'a GRUNT' Joemailman.

I'll ignore your why? As that response gives me 'a zero' to work with. I'll return with more than a ZERO as this forum deserves that respect.

Trying to respond to someone like you that has no more sense that to 'GRUNT' (a why?) doesn't add to 'the Spirit' that we all deserve to enjoy here.

I suppose your the type that's defensive and often responds with 'a why?'. Bad habits are hard to break. (-:

I don't just subscribe to Walterfootball.com.

I will add these LINKS:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...raft-take-two/

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2...iter=37&page=3

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...raft-prospects

If those LINKS are studied and a poster here adds more information. Well, alot more information. That poster might be suitably equiped to make a pretty solid MOCK Draft. It takes considerable skill and experience to master the art of the MOCK. It's OK to not have it perfect.

Making a MOCK takes considerable time and attention .It takes a thourough knowledge of team needs with all emotion aside; where to pull the trigger to best address those needs. It should also be fun.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-09-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    Finally came up with one that I'm happy with with or without Collins:

Player availablity roughly based on PFW's value chart: http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-value-chart-7

TRADE: Ted sends #28 (660 points) to Jacksonville for #38 +#80 (660 points)
    #38 2a) Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois
    Ted trades down because a bunch of OLBs he likes are still on his board and Jacksonville wants to grab the OT on the board. Only one is left by the time Ted picks again in the second, but it's coincidentally the guy with the highest upside. If nothing else, he gets after the QB on third down improving the worst 3rd down pass defense in the league.

Ted sees a guy he has a high grade fall past a team he thought would take him on and pulls the trigger to cross a tier

TRADE: Ted sends #59, #90 (450 points) for to Dallas for #45 (450 points) to select
    #45 2b) Devon Still, DE, Penn State
    Still falls a little due to productivity, injury, motor, and hand use concerns. He's absolutely a player Trgo can work with though, high end tools, best frame on the DL.

#80 3) Brandon Hardin CB/FS, Oregon State
    Ted "reaches" for a guy in the eyes of the media who have miscast Hardin (who played CB for the Beavers) as a cornerback instead of a safety, similar to how Nick Collins had 5th round grades as a CB in 2005. Even if Collins is cleared, he may not play more than another couple of years, Hardin eventually replaces him and teams with Burnett in the backfield.

4a) Chris Polk, RB, Washington
    Ted is gobsmacked to find this guy here, PFW says he might be.

4b)Philip Blake OG/OC, Baylor
    Not an ideal pick, since 26 year old developmental centers aren't ideal, but he can take over for Saturday in a year or two preventing the need for another stopgap. Perhaps not the long term solution.

4c) Akiem Hicks, DE, Regina
    Green as seasick grass, but similar tools to Brockers who's goes in the high first. Can become a player, Ted takes him higher than the "experts" would have.

5) Jake Bequette, OLB, Arkansas
    Good size, motor, athleticism, has experience playing in space. Technique is terrible. Value meets the slot here.

6) Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego
    Rocket-armed QB whose footwork is atrocious, which hurts his accuracy. No prospect in the draft stands more to gain from McCarthy's QB school than Lindley.

7a) Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion
    Developmental size/speed CB.

7b) Tydreke Powell, NT, North Carolina
    Ted's 7th round DL flyer is a nose tackle this time.

7c) Bryce Harris, OT, Fresno State
    Ted's late round developmental OL flyer.

7d) Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
    Because, why not.
    There...is some real thought and a solidly backed up MOCK DRAFT in terms of explanation (at least). A fella can't ask for more than that.

Congratulations Lurker64. A lot of time was spent working up that model. Now I'll check it out to see how fast you might have written down ** 'a dream'.

Those moves trading down from #28 to #38 and trading up fr. #59 to #45 make alot happen in a deep top of the draft. I'm amaqzed that ** Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois was there for you #38 pick. Of course I love him and at #45 Devon Still, DE, Penn State...pretty sweet.

I need some time to look at the rest of your masterpiece. (-:

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-09-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by packrulz View Post
    I think because they have Potter going in the 4th round, but Walter Football isn't the greatest source. I think he'll go higher than that. And don't get me wrong, I like Sherrod, I'm not so sure he'll be ready to start though.
    No. It's my fairest assesment that there are better choices available if TT had to select at LT in the First Round.

I would bet alot on this.If TT was to elect BPA at #28 he would not in this lifetime select 'your choice of LT'. Sorry but that is how it shakes out.

Have a wonderfful time upgrading your MOCK or NOT. I'm not here to make you feel badly.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-09-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Whenever I see a response like that I think to myself....what can I do with that? Was my response to packrulz not more mannerly then 'your post to me'? Did you have a problem with my response? If so try to articulate your complaint please. Your why? isn't much better than 'a GRUNT' Joemailman.

I'll ignore your why? As that response gives me 'a zero' to work with. I'll return with more than a ZERO as this forum deserves that respect.

Trying to respond to someone like you that has no more sense that to 'GRUNT' (a why?) doesn't add to 'the Spirit' that we all deserve to enjoy here.

I suppose your the type that's defensive and often responds with 'a why?'. Bad habits are hard to break. (-:

I will add these LINKS:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...raft-take-two/

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2...iter=37&page=3

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...raft-prospects

If those LINKS are studied and a poster here adds more information. Well, alot more information. That poster might be suitably equiped to make a pretty solid MOCK Draft. It takes considerable skill and experience to master the art of the MOCK. It's OK to not have it perfect.

Making a MOCK takes considerable time and attention .It takes a thourough knowledge of team needs with all emotion aside; where to pull the trigger to best address those needs. It should also be fun.
    There seems to be some confusion here. In post #13 of this thread of this thread I posted a mock. In post #15 of the thread, you quoted my post and said I might rethink my mock. It was totally unclear to me as to why you thought I should do that, so I asked "Why?" Did you perhaps accidentally respond to my post when you meant to respond to packrulz' post?

Take a look at this. Just a suggestion:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012bigboard.php

You might rethink your MOCK.
    No Joemailman... I was a bit surprized that you went #28 with Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut who is a Round 2-3 Prospect at #81 with a draft site that I'm not altogether high on but I don't altogeter toss out. That there is that many players between who I might choose at #28 using WalterFootball.com as their model for a DRAFT BOARD surprized me.

Actually Joemailman I didn't go on to analyze the rest of your draft. I do that as a learning tool. Certainly not to upset any member that takes the necessary time and has the courage to do a MOCK and post that result.

There seems to be some confusion here. In post #13 of this thread of this thread I posted a mock. In post #15 of the thread, you quoted my post and said I might rethink my mock. It was totally unclear to me as to why you thought I should do that, so I asked "Why?" Did you perhaps accidentally respond to my post when you meant to respond to packrulz' post?
    No Joe. Please see my post just ahead of this one.

In fact I did think your Why? response was to a post I made to packrulz.

Sorry man for the confusion. My BAD ! I've reposted you to explain why I thought you might re-think the top of your MOCK. Please don't take it that I'm slaming your MOCK as that isn't the case. I know the effort it takes to do a valid MOCK. A really wonderful masterpiece of a model draft.

PEACE Out.

There...is some real thought and a solidly backed up MOCK DRAFT in terms of explanation (at least). A fella can't ask for more than that.

Congratulations Lurker64. A lot of time was spent working up that model. Now I'll check it out to see how fast you might have written down ** 'a dream'.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2...s-for-2012.cfm

Those moves trading down from #28 to #38 and trading up fr. #59 to #45 make alot happen in a deep top of the draft. I'm amaqzed that ** Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois was there for you #38 pick. Of course I love him and at #45 Devon Still, DE, Penn State...pretty sweet.

I need some time to look at the rest of your masterpiece. (-:

GO PACKERS !
    So I came back to EXAMINE THIS A TAD CLOSER.I then began to think your into some really bad hemp. That last pick...
    Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State ... finally got me zero'd.

OK I get it...You celebrate APRIL FOOLS DAY for at least two weeks. You damn near got me there Lurker64. I was thinking you could dream in Technicolor. Pretty wild MOCK man.

hahahahahahahahaha

So I came back to EXAMINE THIS A TAD CLOSER.I then began to think your into some really bad hemp. That last pick...Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State finally got me zero'd.

OK I get it...You celebrate APRIL FOOLS DAY for at least two weeks. You damn near got me there Lurker64. I was thinking you could dream in Technicolor. Pretty wild MOCK man.

hahahahahahahahaha
    Vontaze Burfict is borderline undraftable. I think someone will take a flyer on him with a late 7th. Why not us?

Also, do you know how hard it is to come up with 4 plausible 7th round picks?
    Last edited by Lurker64; 04-09-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    </delurk>

Vontaze Burfict is borderline undraftable. I think someone will take a flyer on him with a late 7th. Why not us?

Also, do you know how hard it is to come up with 4 plausible 7th round picks?
    I've another source ranking ILB Vontaze Burfect, ARIZONA State at #144. ***

*** http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...ontaze-burfict

I say Go for it.We can be the Green Bay Packer 'Steelers'. Jack Lambert/Mean Joe Green/Rod Woodson ... Mean - Mean - Really Mean.

NO more kiddy kiddy down tackling.

Ok then your posting seriously.I'm impressed 'of course' that you recognized Akiem Hicks, Regina. Big Boy ! **

** http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Ram...007/story.html

Do you realy believe that the fellas you have to us in Round Two will both land there?

I was just impressed with the math it took to get two picks beween #38 and #45 in that round. DT Devon Still and DE Witney Mercilus will very likely go before our #28 pick as I analyze it.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-09-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Do you realy believe that the fellas you have to us in Round Two will both land there? I was just impressed with the math it took to get two picks beween #38 and #45 in that round.
    Ideally, you want to pick twice between 35-45 in this draft. That's about where the third tier (i.e. "round 1-2 tier") talent runs out. Mercilus I think falls because he's risky, Still I think can fall because of the reasons I listed. He's sort of a prospect you have to look long and hard at, and the luster of the player was taken off by some impressive performances by others.

I do think you can land an OLB and a DE in that 35-45 range with a similar two-step kind of trade. Whether it's Mercilus and Still or Branch and Reyes or McClellin and Thompson, I'm not sure, but I think that one of those might be there. I think the top of the 2nd will have a run on first round quality WRs and RBs (Reuben Randle, Mohammed Sanu, Alshon Jeffrey, David Wilson, Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, etc.) which will push some of those defensive guys down.
    </delurk>

Ideally, you want to pick twice between 35-45 in this draft. That's about where the third tier (i.e. "round 1-2 tier") talent runs out. Mercilus I think falls because he's risky, Still I think can fall because of the reasons I listed. He's sort of a prospect you have to look long and hard at, and the luster of the player was taken off by some impressive performances by others.

I do think you can land an OLB and a DE in that 35-45 range with a similar two-step kind of trade. Whether it's Mercilus and Still or Branch and Reyes or McClellin and Thompson, I'm not sure, but I think that one of those might be there. I think the top of the 2nd will have a run on first round quality WRs and RBs (Reuben Randle, Mohammed Sanu, Alshon Jeffrey, David Wilson, Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, etc.) which will push some of those defensive guys down.
    OK now we're in SYNC. Your strategy to trade out of one into top two and trade up fr. #59 is ideal IMO. Yes there will be two very solid defnsive prospects in the #38-#45 grouping.

Just looking at OUR MOCK:

(37) Browns = Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson = packrulz
    (38) Jaguars = Alfonzo Denard - CB - Nebraska = Joemailman

7 (39) Rams (Redskins) = David Wilson - RB - Virginia Tech = Lurker64

8 (40) Panthers = Brandon Thompson DT Clemson = packrulz
    9 (41) Bills= Lavonte David - OLB - Nebraska = Joemailman

10 (42) Dolphins = Alshon Jeffrey - WR - South Carolina = Lurker64

11 (43) Seahawks= Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama= packrulz

12 (44) Chiefs= Kevin Zeitler - G - Wisconsin = Joemailman
    13 (45) Cowboys = Amini Silatolu - G - Midwestern State = Lurker64

14 (46) Eagles= Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California = packrulz

15 (47) Jets = Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame = Lurker64
    16 (48) Patriots (from Oakland Raiders) Shea McClellin - OLB - Boise St. = Joemailman

(37) Browns = Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson = packrulz

16 (48) Patriots (from Oakland Raiders) Shea McClellin - OLB - Boise St. = Joemailman
    As far as I'm concerned it's that grouping of players.The Pick 33 to pick 50 group that Ted Thompson should be focusing on (his board) and anyway he can. Aquire two from that group in this draft.

It may be be such a move that will key his draft his draft success or not. We need to see something solid and consistent in this draft.

Focus on talent, athleticism, attitude and character.

GO Ted Thompson ! GO PACKERS !!
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-10-2012 at 07:50 AM.

I never do this but will now....Bump !

(37) Browns = ** Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson ** = packrulz

** http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/4/4/...nch-de-clemson

BBV Community Mock Draft: Packers Select ... Andre Branch, DE, Clemson

by Ed Valentine on Apr 4, 2012 12:01 PM EDT in 2012 NFL Draft

"No. 28, Green Bay Packers -- Andre Branch DE/LB Clemson

The most identifiable need for the Pack, via our brothers at Acme Packing Company, is pass rush. This kid fits the bill for their system perfectly. Played mostly with a hand in the dirt at end for Clemson, and was successful doing this, but seems to be a little slow off the snap at times.

Solution, stand him up in a 3-4 defense and let him loose.

At 6-foot-4 and close to 260 anwith room to grow, He would fit in nicely as a DE with us but will do even better as an OLB in GB.

In essence the Pack would be lining him up opposite of the Nelson twins ( Hawk and Matthews) plus 1, and turn a weak spot last season into a strength this season." -- Flynner

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Rob Rang ... At #28 Nick Perry, DE, Southern California

Dane Brugler... At #28 Devon Still, DT, Penn State and Dane Brugler has Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State going to the NE Patriots at Pick # 31 in Round One.

Here's my latest effort:

28) Shea McClellin Boise State
    TT's on the phone with Houston talking about trading up when there are two OLBs he likes on the board. He rolls the dice and feels vindicated when McClellin falls to him. TT already has "the guy" at the other OLB spot, and since this is a super bowl contending team, an immediate contributor is more valuable than a long term upside type project. McClellin is smart, hard working, versatile, and he immediately starts opposite Matthews.

TRADE: Packers send #59+#123 +224 to Cincinnati for #53 to select:
    53) Kevin Zeitler, OG/OC, Wisconsin
    Zeitler played guard at Wisconsin, but practiced at Center but was never needed. TT takes him here to groom him long term at center. Backs up Lang and Sitton this year, replaced Saturday next year (at worst, the year after) at Center to give Green Bay quite possibly the best interior trio in the league.

90) Chris Polk, RB, Washington
    Biggest gap in our group of running backs is at the third down back position. Saine isn't really tough enough to run without enormous holes, and neither Starks nor Green distinguish themselves as blockers. Polk offers immediate upside as a third down back and competes for the workhorse role. Fans want TT to take three defensive guys with the first three picks, so the doomsayers will be out in force in Packerland after day 2.

132) Brandon Hardin, FS, Oregon State
    Missed most of 2011 with an injury, falls a little due to character reds, but if the staff is comfortable with him as a person, they've got a heck of a FS prospect on their hands. Runs like a deer, hits like an LB.

133) Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State
    Made as many "wow" throws as any QB in college last year playing in a pro style offense. Footwork needs work and as a result his accuracy suffers, but if there's anything that McCarthy excels at in developing QBs it's footwork. Developmental QB with "asset" potential

163) Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota
    Corn-fed midwestern farmboy hero. Definitely looks the part of an NFL lineman. Is a little tight in the hips and needs work on technique, but he'd be the #4 OT.

197) Akiem Hicks, DE, Regina
    Originally recruited to LSU from Junior College, declared ineligible due to recruiting violations, so he played his college ball in Canada. Has tools comparable to Michael Brockers, just needs time and work. Enormous upside.

235) Markus Kuhn, DT, NC State
    Big, strong German transplant who played inside and out for the Wolfpack. Green, but can be great.

241) Vaughn Meatoga (NT, Hawaii)
    Developmental NT. Early round NTs are a waste with Raji on the roster, mid-round NTs aren't good value, so you pick one late and build him up over a few years.

243) Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion
    Small school cornerback with prototype TT measurables. Practice Squad candidate with long term potential, but DIII-> NFL is a long road, worth a flyer.
    </delurk>

Nice job on this MOCK Lurker64.

I want to inquire into the following decision as your RB Pick at #90:

"90) Chris Polk, RB, Washington
    Biggest gap in our group of running backs is at the third down back position. Saine isn't really tough enough to run without enormous holes, and neither Starks nor Green distinguish themselves as blockers. Polk offers immediate upside as a third down back and competes for the workhorse role. Fans want TT to take three defensive guys with the first three picks, so the doomsayers will be out in force in Packerland after day 2." Lurker64

* RB Chris Polk, RB, Washington over ** LaMichael James, RB, Oregon.

* http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=RB

** http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=RB

* Health issues over ** Character issues.

* 5 '-11" and 215 lbs over ** 5'-8" and 194 lbs

Yet.......

** LJ's Measurables <<< exceed >>> CP's Measurables*.

L J's potential is 'off the charts' excellent upside. Does that cancel out 'the risk factor'? There's a risk factor with every drafted player.

In 2010 L J was the Nation's TOP rusher and 3rd in voting for the Heisman trophy. L J was one of three finalists for the 2010 Walter Camp Award.

REPORTS >>> Superlatives galore. Did he learn a lesson during his probation? Interview!

Question Lurker64: You chose CP over LJ and nothing wrong with that choice but did you take a close look at LJ in making a decision for Pick #90?

PS: The talk .... LaMichael James is alot like Darren Sproules.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-17-2012 at 06:10 AM.