I came here to offer an example of conduct that I think needs to be stopped, since I don't wish to be accused of hiding in dark corners or being a pussy (non-gender specific variety spinelessness).

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...048#post667048

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006 View Post
I'd be even more surprised if you didn't threaten a Rat...or your hero Finley didn't impregnate/give another poor girl herpes who is not his wife this week.
The list of transgressions this single line contains is impressive, its close to Skin's work. As the work of a troll, its impressive. But its also in the Packer's forum. And as such there is no reason for it to continue to display.

A lot of heat and debate has been created about how to encourage and expand PackerRats. I doubt there is much of an audience for this crap in a football forum.

The Packer Forum can continue to be an experiment in free speech and effective self-regulation. But if its going to grow it needs to be about football. Not drama or personal insults.

Someone needs the authority to just delete the comment. Clean, no drama about the comment. If someone wants to move it to RR, FYI or the Meadow to discuss it, fine. But it doesn't belong in the Packer Forum. There is no argument I am aware of that continuing to accept quality trolling will increase visitors or usage in that Forum. Ignoring Snake isn't a good alternative as much of his material is well worth the read. Banning someone (or suspending them) is unnecessary for a single mistake. Harlan's leave alone request is backwards for that Forum. There has to be a different standard for a post to stay.

That post needs to disappear. My 2 cents.