Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: McMillian story from the Bangor Daily News

McMillian story from the Bangor Daily News

New Packer Jeron McMillian is now the highest drafted Maine Black Bear in history. Here is a story: http://bangordailynews.com/2012/04/2...n-bay-packers/
    Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
    Vince Lombardi

Don't be surprised if this guy is the starting SS this season.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I wouldn't just be surprised, i'd be amazed.

are you one of those guys who makes 57 predictions in off-season, and then reminds everyone of the ones that turned out right?

Did Coston, his teamate, end up being drafted? He was mentioned in the safety dance thread.
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?23930-Safety-Dance
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Did Coston, his teamate, end up being drafted? He was mentioned in the safety dance thread.
    http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?23930-Safety-Dance
    The article says he is a UDFA with the Bears.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    are you one of those guys who makes 57 predictions in off-season, and then reminds everyone of the ones that turned out right?
    #1 In 2012 I predict Harlan will become a mall cop and watch every Sunday afternoon Packer game in Sears' electronics department.

#2 I predict McMillian will make a pre-season tackle that will earn him the nickname "Mr. August II".

#3 I predict a Lambeau hamburger, fries, and large soft drink will cost more than a James Jones jersey.
    Last edited by swede; 04-30-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    No, I'm the guy who hasn't forgotten we still have Peprah at SS.

Senior Rat HOFer

Burnett is the starting SS, unless they're moving him over to fill the FS spot vacated by Nick Collins. McMillan has a small chance at becoming the starting FS by season's end, but Peprah will almost certainly be the starter there in week 1 (unless, again, they're moving Burnett over). I think McMillan's immediate contribution will be as a gunner along with Jarrett Bush on the punt coverage team. I'd love to be wrong, but with his lack of big game experience at the college level I don't see him beating out Peprah for a starting job this year. Pep isn't great, he isn't even that good, but he does have nearly 2 full seasons of starting experience in the NFL.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    I'd be even more surprised if you didn't threaten a Rat...or your hero Finley didn't impregnate/give another poor girl herpes who is not his wife this week.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006 View Post
    I'd be even more surprised if you didn't threaten a Rat...or your hero Finley didn't impregnate/give another poor girl herpes who is not his wife this week.
    I'd be more surprised if you made a post that made any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor View Post
    Burnett is the starting SS, unless they're moving him over to fill the FS spot vacated by Nick Collins. McMillan has a small chance at becoming the starting FS by season's end, but Peprah will almost certainly be the starter there in week 1 (unless, again, they're moving Burnett over). I think McMillan's immediate contribution will be as a gunner along with Jarrett Bush on the punt coverage team. I'd love to be wrong, but with his lack of big game experience at the college level I don't see him beating out Peprah for a starting job this year. Pep isn't great, he isn't even that good, but he does have nearly 2 full seasons of starting experience in the NFL.
    I know Burnett is the starting SS right now but he believe he is better suited to play FS than either Peprah or McMillan. I think we'll see him starting at FS this season with McMillan pushing Peprah for the SS starting gig.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006 View Post
    Nice personal attack for a post. Should be pulled. Snake, you start some good threads. This is just garbage unfortunately.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer
    I know Burnett is the starting SS right now but he believe he is better suited to play FS than either Peprah or McMillan. I think we'll see him starting at FS this season with McMillan pushing Peprah for the SS starting gig.

I could see this happening. But Peprah actually looked pretty good at SS when filling in for Burnett a couple seasons ago. So either way I think the rookie has his work cut out for him trying to crack the starting lineup on defense. It should be one hell of a competition.

No, I'm the guy who hasn't forgotten we still have Peprah at SS.
    No kidding...

I could see this happening. But Peprah actually looked pretty good at SS when filling in for Burnett a couple seasons ago. So either way I think the rookie has his work cut out for him trying to crack the starting lineup on defense. It should be one hell of a competition.
    Of course we had Collins back there too AND a pass rush. I suspect our secondary is gonna look 100 times better in 2012 with our revamped front 7.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Of course we had Collins back there too AND a pass rush. I suspect our secondary is gonna look 100 times better in 2012 with our revamped front 7.
    Burnett won't be Collins if they move him over to FS, but he won't be Peprah over there either. And TT just added 4 pure pass rushers to the roster over the weekend. It will be a very similar situation to when Peprah stepped in for Burnett a couple seasons ago, and I'd expect the production out of him to be similar as well.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Burnett will be the starting FS, McMillian or Peprah will battle for the other spot. Not that there is much difference between FS and SS anyways.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Not that there is much difference between FS and SS anyways.
    SS plays closer to the LOS and has greater responsibility providing run support. SS is generally a better tackler, while FS is generally better in pass coverage.

SS plays closer to the LOS and has greater responsibility providing run support. SS is generally a better tackler, while FS is generally better in pass coverage.
    That's the classic definition, but the Packers have been trying to move away from that. When they moved up to draft Bunett 2 years ago, what they envisioned was having 2 safeties who would be almost interchangeable. Either could play close to the line or play deep coverage. Unfortunately, Collins and Burnett didn't get to play together much because of season-ending injuries to Burnett in 2010 and Collins in 2011.