Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Meadow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I think if Skinbasket became the Supreme Leader of Packerrats for a year, exactly nothing would change. Every once in a while Mad turns into a Wolfman, for instance that was bullshit that he iced Skinbasket just for giving him lip. But Skin's theory that people leave Packerrats because Madtown is too strict and oppressive is baloney.

I saw an article somewhere about how forums have become quaint and nearly extinct. People are spending time on facebook, forums such as packerrats are passe. I post occasionally in another forum, and it too has shrunk the past 5 years.

Skinbasket thinks looser rules will bring more life. I doubt it. But I'd like to see if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I post occasionally in another forum, and it too has shrunk the past 5 years.

That Nancy Sinatra forum?

I'd bet that's because most of those fossils have died off.

I think if Skinbasket became the Supreme Leader of Packerrats for a year, exactly nothing would change.
    If you had read my dissertation correctly, you would understand that it's too late for change. Putting nice clothes on a corpse or combing it's hair won't bring it back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    If you had read my dissertation correctly, you would understand that it's too late for change. Putting nice clothes on a corpse or combing it's hair won't bring it back to life.
    Why not? It started quite small if you recall...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Why not? It started quite small if you recall...

That's what she said
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

You were my hero. I haven't felt this let down since the Milli Vanilli lip syncing scandal.

I came here to offer an example of conduct that I think needs to be stopped, since I don't wish to be accused of hiding in dark corners or being a pussy (non-gender specific variety spinelessness).

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...048#post667048

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006 View Post
    I'd be even more surprised if you didn't threaten a Rat...or your hero Finley didn't impregnate/give another poor girl herpes who is not his wife this week.
    The list of transgressions this single line contains is impressive, its close to Skin's work. As the work of a troll, its impressive. But its also in the Packer's forum. And as such there is no reason for it to continue to display.

A lot of heat and debate has been created about how to encourage and expand PackerRats. I doubt there is much of an audience for this crap in a football forum.

The Packer Forum can continue to be an experiment in free speech and effective self-regulation. But if its going to grow it needs to be about football. Not drama or personal insults.

Someone needs the authority to just delete the comment. Clean, no drama about the comment. If someone wants to move it to RR, FYI or the Meadow to discuss it, fine. But it doesn't belong in the Packer Forum. There is no argument I am aware of that continuing to accept quality trolling will increase visitors or usage in that Forum. Ignoring Snake isn't a good alternative as much of his material is well worth the read. Banning someone (or suspending them) is unnecessary for a single mistake. Harlan's leave alone request is backwards for that Forum. There has to be a different standard for a post to stay.

That post needs to disappear. My 2 cents.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So, essentially, now personal quips about players based on allegations shouldn't be tolerated? I'm not sure what's trolling about someone adding a little humor to their post. Unless there's some context to the first sentence that makes this all somehow more nefarious than it looks.

You're being a total pussy, BTW. Transgressions? Transgressing what? Finely's fine moral character?

It's not like snake graphically described how Finley face fucked some woman and gave her head herpies or talked about how terrible Finley looks in Brandon's avatars.
    Last edited by SkinBasket; 05-01-2012 at 02:58 PM.

I came here to offer an example of conduct that I think needs to be stopped, since I don't wish to be accused of hiding in dark corners or being a pussy (non-gender specific variety spinelessness).

I appreciate the open an honest communication. And the little dig. Nicely done!

Though I agree that Snake was out of line and offensive, I disagree with your call for censorship. I think the issue was adequately dealt with in the thread.

Even if it's the right thing to do in this case, it's too slippery of a slope. Just my opinion.

A lot of heat and debate has been created about how to encourage and expand PackerRats. I doubt there is much of an audience for this crap in a football forum.

I respectfully disagree with this. I think there are 2 draws to this place:

1) Characters.
    2) Content.

You view would seem to place a premium on the content over the characters. I would value them equally.

I think all the posts reminiscing about Partial and Ty are evidence as to the value of the characters.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...048#post667048

The list of transgressions this single line contains is impressive, its close to Skin's work. As the work of a troll, its impressive. But its also in the Packer's forum. And as such there is no reason for it to continue to display.

The Packer Forum can continue to be an experiment in free speech and effective self-regulation. But if its going to grow it needs to be about football. Not drama or personal insults.

Someone needs the authority to just delete the comment. Clean, no drama about the comment. If someone wants to move it to RR, FYI or the Meadow to discuss it, fine. But it doesn't belong in the Packer Forum. There is no argument I am aware of that continuing to accept quality trolling will increase visitors or usage in that Forum. Ignoring Snake isn't a good alternative as much of his material is well worth the read. Banning someone (or suspending them) is unnecessary for a single mistake. Harlan's leave alone request is backwards for that Forum. There has to be a different standard for a post to stay.

Here's my 2 cents in terms of specific violations of what a post should NOT be in terms of verascity:

What about a member here unqualified to do so posting that another member is mentally ill. You don't see that as crossing over any line pbmax?

I can tell you this. My parents didn't raise nor need to deal with any mentally ill children or raise them as they did to ever imagine they wouldn't be strong enough to avoid the stigma associated with such a slanderous accusation as Scott campbell insists upon over and over inferring upon me.

That has to STOP that has to be removed from the record of this forum.I do not expect he could apologize he doesn't have to decency or common sence to do somand if he diod it is BS as he is not capable of sincerety.

Scott Campbell insults not only me but my parents. Scott campbell insults my entire family tree.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

No Skinbasket. You implying that Packerrats is something cancerous or dead is hardly appropriate nor the TRUTH.

Packerrats is a solid forum that simply needs a means to control any animosity between any (TWO) members as a means to isolate their issues with one another from the general population of a general membership that doesn't give a damn for such nonsence as they are not emotionally invested in it. yes there are some here that love DRAMAand will even participate in a flame war. You have such sicko's in any community. The busy bodies we call them in Canada. These are the worst people. They just love to keep it going for their own SICK pathetic needs.

So we need 'the Meadow' as a means for any two members to work it out or stay the hell out of any real discussion untill they do or one disengages the other by absenteeism.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I think if Skinbasket became the Supreme Leader of Packerrats for a year, exactly nothing would change. Every once in a while Mad turns into a Wolfman, for instance that was bullshit that he iced Skinbasket just for giving him lip. But Skin's theory that people leave Packerrats because Madtown is too strict and oppressive is baloney.

I saw an article somewhere about how forums have become quaint and nearly extinct. People are spending time on facebook, forums such as packerrats are passe. I post occasionally in another forum, and it too has shrunk the past 5 years.

Skinbasket thinks looser rules will bring more life. I doubt it. But I'd like to see if I am wrong.
    Time for a packerrats facebook page. I haven't made the leap to facebook yet, but my kids and most of my friends have...oh wait, I don't have any friends.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Time for a packerrats facebook page. I haven't made the leap to facebook yet, but my kids and most of my friends have...oh wait, I don't have any friends.
    I have a child who refers to this place as PacerRats Facebook. I tell them its more like PackerRats Middle School.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I have a child who refers to this place as PacerRats Facebook. I tell them its more like PackerRats Middle School.
    PackerRats discussion.

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

I'm somewhat dubious that Skinbasket could exercise the control necessary to run Packerrats. Does he really have the temperment to deal with some of the dynamics of this place.

NO! He would make this place into that section of 'the Amusement Park Road Show' that should never be seen by 'our youth'. This forum would become obscene. That's the straight up there folks.

now get this. I have zero problem with skinbasket.he's no problem. he has common sense and well he's intelligent. That's NOT te case with Scott Campbell...who's like some tempestuour bully in an Elementry school yard at recess. Just one little tyke needs to stand up to him and kick dirt in his face to expose him. Funny this is that's easily done and been done over and over and over and he still goes on and on>>>>

Mad has done a solid job and the stress this place has placed on him the past four-six weeks has certainly beed over the top but it gets likie this some times. There is a solution but it's NOT necessarily accomplished by making HUGE change.This place simply needs a tweaking.

The Meadow is a great idea for two posters with some decent attitude to resolve maybe just a bit of misunderstanding. It is of no value to personalities likie SC and myself. I want NOTHING to do with Scott Campbell as he bores me.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I want NOTHING to do with Scott Campbell as he bores me.
    You have an interesting way of doing this. Are you Scott Campbell?

It would take a wingnut to pull it off.......
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    You have an interesting way of doing this. Are you Scott Campbell?

It would take a wingnut to pull it off.......
    Do you truly understand the seriousness of my issue with this poster? With the degree of insult he's dumped on me?
    having written that I do NOY mean to choose a side.

a) I do ask you to place yourself in my place.

b)Then just simply try to imagine your like Scott Campbell. How easy would that be?

You answer this questions for yourself. NOT to me please.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    a) I do ask you to place yourself in my place.
    If I were in your place, I wouldn't care what an internet poster named "Scott Campbell" wrote about me.