Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Meadow?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I want PBMax and Snake to be sent to the meadow together to learn about each other and work out their differences.

Why don't you just watch Nick at Night instead.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Oscar, Oscar, Oscar!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    So, essentially, now personal quips about players based on allegations shouldn't be tolerated? I'm not sure what's trolling about someone adding a little humor to their post. Unless there's some context to the first sentence that makes this all somehow more nefarious than it looks.

You're being a total pussy, BTW. Transgressions? Transgressing what? Finely's fine moral character?

It's not like snake graphically described how Finley face fucked some woman and gave her head herpies or talked about how terrible Finley looks in Brandon's avatars.
    Let's do the fine tooth items first, then the broader point.

1. Its an insult designed to troll the target, as Finley has been a bone of contention between several posters and Brandon, with both sides making a personal issue of it.
    2. Its the worst kind of rumor, uninteresting and recycled. As boring as the one about the local weatherman was recently in the hospital to have an emergency gerbil-ectomy. Or that the local college coach has a piece on the side. Or that Rod Stewart collapsed during a concert ... well, you get the idea.
    3. Its an insinuation about murder.
    4. Its not funny or enlightening. And its doesn't address the thread at all.

Now someone could differ on those points. So lets get to the larger issues that goes to the debate Campbell and Rand are having.

1. If you tally up the losses, more contributing posters have been lost to the Packer forum because of personal insults/attacks and endless arguing than lack of posting freedom. While this may not be true at all for the RR, FYI or the Garbage Can, this behavior has hurt the Packer forum.

2. If the goal is to grow it again, I think a clear line needs to be drawn there, different than the other forums. Herpes rumors probably draw web traffic as a matter of SEO, but they don't lead to posts about the Packers.

3. Characters might draw in regular users and make PR distinct from other sites. And I like the Characters very much. But insult posts in the Packer forum do not attract the public at large, I think the evidence of posters and posts in the Packer forum is that Characters are limited in their ability to draw new blood. I would go so far as to say the current mini resurgence after the recent "sign up or you can't read" membership drive has benefited from a lack of sniping.

To appreciate the Characters it helps to know The Tank, the Partial and the Lawyerin' Joe. And fewer of us do. We are short Partial, Tank, and Bigguns because their posting arguments consumed so much oxygen that those valuable posters were driving others away. Or some (Nutz and others) tired of the whole situation and left.

You can't have a play if no one is sitting in the seats.

If Mad were to adopt the guidelines above, I would probably have at least 20 posts mocking Bretsky about the criminal Odell Thurman immediately removed. But I am just clever enough to make a football point AND mention Odell Thurman in a post about the draft. And I am smart enough to know Bresky will take it in stride. I think everyone else is at least my equal in this regard.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    1. If you tally up the losses, more contributing posters have been lost to the Packer forum because of personal insults/attacks and endless arguing than lack of posting freedom. While this may not be true at all for the RR, FYI or the Garbage Can, this behavior has hurt the Packer forum.
    I wonder if this is true. If it is so, I would think the repetitive insulters could be easily identified. I also think the "leave people alone who express through words and action that they don't want to keep it up" ought to be successful guideline.

I can't believe that the sort of comment that Snake made is driving people out of the Packer forum.

When I first met Woody, I thought he was nuts. So what? Why are you continuing to talk about individuals, or bring up old hostilities?

I like Woody a lot because he is TRULY unique and says surprising things.
    Don't you see just how sick this man is to still be referring to something.... what...Five years ago? He's got too much estrogen going on there. He needs to strap on something resembling manhood; Dear Lord....what am I imagining there!? That such a thing could ever be possible? NOT a chance.

This is Scott Campbell. Troubled. He imagines himself 'an Outlaw'. What a complete JOKE >>> SC.

His salt...obsession..his pepper hatred / hate mongering. It's very sad.

SC is hardly challenging one on one as that's about as satisfying as 'a hot dog' without the condiments ...like beating on a wee child. He's so fricken' weak...a real waste of time. So I've had him on IGNORE Harlan. That doesn't work when I'm aware of his slanderous manners. Often he's reposted and there is his CRAP. He knows how I feel about him so to post you openly is no shock to SC and for anyone to imagine this is carrying on a flame War!??

That is ridiculous>>>BOGUS !

They miss the point completely. I want DICK ALL with his sick/silly ways...his sick small ego... Scott Campbell's low low self esteem >>>> Scott Campbell. He's pathetic.

Compare us Harlan. Take a look at my contribution to Packerrats Vs Scott Campbell's. Ohh you'll always get the same CRAP. I'm not understood. I cannot express myself.

I'll write RINGS around him in any focused one on one.

I've never 'all my life' been a man misunderstood. if i was I would not have been the leader i've been all my life. My brain Vs Scot Campbell's. He's sad in comparison and I DO NOT enjoy going up one side of him and down the other. To see him CRACK..well you know Harlan. I don't debate nonsence.I don't pick on sickness. I don't waste my precious time. A portion of which I try to contribute to Packerats as a positive member.

Here is the real head scratcher to me. He can absolutely run amuck through this Packer home and write anything he feels at the time. He's admired for that.

If I ever and I mean EVER stand in for me. I'm judged as nasty or abrasive of NOT being nice.

If someone posts me ...as in ...SMH>>> that begs for the proper response.

That poster sets himself up. I will always sense a man's weakness by the tone of his post to me...frustration is easy to determine. The weak act weak. The weak fall easily but NOT Scott Campbell. No 'he's special'.

Try to find a handfull of posts where I begin an attack or ' a Flame War'...SINCE i'VE BEEN A MEMBER OF Packerrats. Find those FIVE posts and good luck with that.

Yet you'll get members here that post that I'm an absolute TYRANT and miss the point. I am merely standing up for myself. That's my Democratic Right and I'm really GOOD at that right.

If I ever exercise that right I'm the bad ass here.That is so unfair.

I DO not flame. I DO STAND UP FOR MYSELF.

I'm a Canadian. We always stand up for ourselves. Look at OUR history. I'm my fathers SON.

Back to your post Harlan.

How can any man be so sick as to have on file that CRAP from back in JSO Forum days? SC is a very troubled man.

That member we know as Scott Campbell goes 'on and on and on >>> ' **like this fella'.

Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-02-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    He's got too much estrogen going on there I thing.He needs to strap on something resembling manhood; what am i imagining here. Thatv such a thing could ever be possible..
    I almost Skin also took woody's avatar and submitted this post......then I saw the picture he posted. I knew it wasn't skinbasket. his picture would have sent this thing straight to the GC!

If Mad were to adopt the guidelines above, I would probably have at least 20 posts mocking Bretsky about the criminal Odell Thurman immediately removed.

This is the master plan to quadruple membership?

Really???????

Just how many posters have we lost to the Odell Thurman wars? I guess I didn't realize it was such a controversial issue.

Good Lord, do we really need all knowing moderators to change our diapers for us?

There are many methods of measuring and encouraging the growth of content production from the membership. And most of those methods have nothing to do with censoring disruptive behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    I almost thought Skin also took woody's avatar and submitted this post......

I can see how that might happen. Their writing styles have many similarities.

I think if Skinbasket became the Supreme Leader of Packerrats for a year, exactly nothing would change. Every once in a while Mad turns into a Wolfman, for instance that was bullshit that he iced Skinbasket just for giving him lip. But Skin's theory that people leave Packerrats because Madtown is too strict and oppressive is baloney.

I saw an article somewhere about how forums have become quaint and nearly extinct. People are spending time on facebook, forums such as packerrats are passe. I post occasionally in another forum, and it too has shrunk the past 5 years.

Skinbasket thinks looser rules will bring more life. I doubt it. But I'd like to see if I am wrong.
    I'm somewhat dubious that Skinbasket could exercise the control necessary to run Packerrats. Does he really have the temperment to deal with some of the dynamics of this place.

NO! He would make this place into that section of 'the Amusement Park Road Show' that should never be seen by 'our youth'. This forum would become obscene. That's the straight up there folks.

now get this. I have zero problem with skinbasket.he's no problem. he has common sense and well he's intelligent. That's NOT te case with Scott Campbell...who's like some tempestuour bully in an Elementry school yard at recess. Just one little tyke needs to stand up to him and kick dirt in his face to expose him. Funny this is that's easily done and been done over and over and over and he still goes on and on>>>>

Mad has done a solid job and the stress this place has placed on him the past four-six weeks has certainly beed over the top but it gets likie this some times. There is a solution but it's NOT necessarily accomplished by making HUGE change.This place simply needs a tweaking.

The Meadow is a great idea for two posters with some decent attitude to resolve maybe just a bit of misunderstanding. It is of no value to personalities likie SC and myself. I want NOTHING to do with Scott Campbell as he bores me.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I want NOTHING to do with Scott Campbell as he bores me.
    You have an interesting way of doing this. Are you Scott Campbell?

It would take a wingnut to pull it off.......
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    If you had read my dissertation correctly, you would understand that it's too late for change. Putting nice clothes on a corpse or combing it's hair won't bring it back to life.
    No Skinbasket. You implying that Packerrats is something cancerous or dead is hardly appropriate nor the TRUTH.

Packerrats is a solid forum that simply needs a means to control any animosity between any (TWO) members as a means to isolate their issues with one another from the general population of a general membership that doesn't give a damn for such nonsence as they are not emotionally invested in it. yes there are some here that love DRAMAand will even participate in a flame war. You have such sicko's in any community. The busy bodies we call them in Canada. These are the worst people. They just love to keep it going for their own SICK pathetic needs.

So we need 'the Meadow' as a means for any two members to work it out or stay the hell out of any real discussion untill they do or one disengages the other by absenteeism.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    The lyrics above were funny enough but hte Uranus ending was hilarious!!! Funniest thing I have seen in a while. Truely the meadow is a place of good and should be rejoiced.
    The Meadow is a place where two members can go one on one and possibly forgo the BS and discover their humanity and common sence and decency.

Is that such a novel idea?

I came here to offer an example of conduct that I think needs to be stopped, since I don't wish to be accused of hiding in dark corners or being a pussy (non-gender specific variety spinelessness).

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...048#post667048

The list of transgressions this single line contains is impressive, its close to Skin's work. As the work of a troll, its impressive. But its also in the Packer's forum. And as such there is no reason for it to continue to display.

A lot of heat and debate has been created about how to encourage and expand PackerRats. I doubt there is much of an audience for this crap in a football forum.

The Packer Forum can continue to be an experiment in free speech and effective self-regulation. But if its going to grow it needs to be about football. Not drama or personal insults.

Someone needs the authority to just delete the comment. Clean, no drama about the comment. If someone wants to move it to RR, FYI or the Meadow to discuss it, fine. But it doesn't belong in the Packer Forum. There is no argument I am aware of that continuing to accept quality trolling will increase visitors or usage in that Forum. Ignoring Snake isn't a good alternative as much of his material is well worth the read. Banning someone (or suspending them) is unnecessary for a single mistake. Harlan's leave alone request is backwards for that Forum. There has to be a different standard for a post to stay.

That post needs to disappear. My 2 cents.
    Here's my 2 cents in terms of specific violations of what a post should NOT be in terms of verascity:

What about a member here unqualified to do so posting that another member is mentally ill. You don't see that as crossing over any line pbmax?

I can tell you this. My parents didn't raise nor need to deal with any mentally ill children or raise them as they did to ever imagine they wouldn't be strong enough to avoid the stigma associated with such a slanderous accusation as Scott campbell insists upon over and over inferring upon me.

That has to STOP that has to be removed from the record of this forum.I do not expect he could apologize he doesn't have to decency or common sence to do somand if he diod it is BS as he is not capable of sincerety.

Scott Campbell insults not only me but my parents. Scott campbell insults my entire family tree.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    You have an interesting way of doing this. Are you Scott Campbell?

It would take a wingnut to pull it off.......
    Do you truly understand the seriousness of my issue with this poster? With the degree of insult he's dumped on me?
    having written that I do NOY mean to choose a side.

a) I do ask you to place yourself in my place.

b)Then just simply try to imagine your like Scott Campbell. How easy would that be?

You answer this questions for yourself. NOT to me please.

I wonder if this is true. If it is so, I would think the repetitive insulters could be easily identified. I also think the "leave people alone who express through words and action that they don't want to keep it up" ought to be successful guideline.

I can't believe that the sort of comment that Snake made is driving people out of the Packer forum.

I agree with your assessment of the matter here harlan.It's the personal attacks that do the damage. The degree and verascity of the insult left to stand. How can a member defend him/herself?

The insult can be beyond a matter of decency 'to gross insult' and attack that has no objective foundation.

It's that uncalled for or unreasonable attack that does serious damage. Without any recourse for an amend.

In real life a person sues. Here the humiliation 'simply' stands. The gross misconduct is actually applauded by 'the most insensative' members that enjoy 'the humiliation' that their need for the feeding frenzy satisfied as the insulted member defends his/he name/person.

The sickness spreads. Packerrats as it was intended to be is compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post

What the hell is that?

a) I do ask you to place yourself in my place.
    If I were in your place, I wouldn't care what an internet poster named "Scott Campbell" wrote about me.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    There are many methods of measuring and encouraging the growth of content production from the membership. And most of those methods have nothing to do with censoring disruptive behavior.
    maybe you should share them with madtown

The Meadow is a place where two members can go one on one and possibly forgo the BS and discover their humanity and common sence and decency.

Is that such a novel idea?
    The meadow is marriage therapy?? I preferred it when it was about funny lyrics.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell