Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Troy Aikman, Packer Hater

Troy Aikman, Packer Hater

I actually noticed this quite a while ago, but never gave it much thought until last night. Troy Aikman sure does seem to jump on the bandwagon of any team that the Packers play against.

I searched these forums, and didn't find any posts about Aikman, or his bias against the Packers, but when I googled it, I found all sorts of articles and posts from people who feel the same way.

It seems like anytime there is a call that goes against the Packers, Aikman will make a comment saying that he agrees with the officials. While any call against the opposing team always seems to require "another look".

I wish i could give more specific examples, but I am not ready to go back and watch last nights game just yet. It just seemed to me, that not only in last nights game, but in previous games as well, Troy Aikman has seriously gone out of his way to knock the Packers every chance he gets.

Yes he does. You'd think they'd be unbiased, but when he was still playing, the Packers seem to have beaten him an awful lot...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Aikman and the Cowboys owned the Packers for years....I hate the fucker.
    C.H.U.D.

ya, thats the thing i cannot figure out. I was thinking that Aikman was always hating on the Packers because the Packers became so good right around the time that Aikman was close to retirement. Perhaps because the Packers made everyone forget how good the Cowboys were. But I was looking at Aikmans wiki page, and I don't think that the Packers and Cowboys even played a playoff game against each other around that time......and the few regular season games against the Packers during Aikmens last 5 years or so, were wins for the cowboys.
    So where does all the bias and apparent contempt for the Packers come from?

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBlues View Post
    ya, thats the thing i cannot figure out. I was thinking that Aikman was always hating on the Packers because the Packers became so good right around the time that Aikman was close to retirement. Perhaps because the Packers made everyone forget how good the Cowboys were. But I was looking at Aikmans wiki page, and I don't think that the Packers and Cowboys even played a playoff game against each other around that time......and the few regular season games against the Packers during Aikmens last 5 years or so, were wins for the cowboys.
    So where does all the bias and apparent contempt for the Packers come from?
    Didn't favre lose to the cowboys a few times in the playoffs? I still remember one of the times madden was rambling on and on about favre being jacks up and not playing the crown of the field properly. He was overthrowing wr's because cowboy stadium had one of the largest curves in the nfl.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Yes he does. You'd think they'd be unbiased, but when he was still playing, the Packers seem to have beaten him an awful lot...
    What are you smoking? Or maybe you have post-consussion syndrome like Aikman. Aikman only lost to the Packers twice - in his first season and in '97, both at the Packers. In 93, 94, and 95, he won twice - reg season and playoffs. They even beat a depleted Packer team in the Superbowl year of '96. He was ridin' the pine when Jason Garrett won in '99.

You guys whine so much about Aikman, guy is just doing his job.

I guess I don't understand why people care so much whether Troy Aikman likes the Packers.

Packers sucked yesterday, so if he said some negative things about the Packers, they were probably true.

He praises Rodgers on a regular basis.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I actually noticed this quite a while ago, but never gave it much thought until last night. Troy Aikman sure does seem to jump on the bandwagon of any team that the Packers play against.

I searched these forums, and didn't find any posts about Aikman, or his bias against the Packers, but when I googled it, I found all sorts of articles and posts from people who feel the same way.

It seems like anytime there is a call that goes against the Packers, Aikman will make a comment saying that he agrees with the officials. While any call against the opposing team always seems to require "another look".

I wish i could give more specific examples, but I am not ready to go back and watch last nights game just yet. It just seemed to me, that not only in last nights game, but in previous games as well, Troy Aikman has seriously gone out of his way to knock the Packers every chance he gets.
    That's my observation as well. When we draw these two 'cookie monsters'. I won't go so far as to infer that either Troy Aikman or Joe Buck hate the Green Bay Packers. They do have an interesting take on things that might certainly seem to reflect something other than 'a Green Bay Packer victory'.

Why?

As of late that hasn't been a reality in terms of alot of really huge games. The 2010-11 season excluded.

I didn't realize that we drew that team until I tuned into the game last night and then I said to myself...Ohh Boy! Here we go ! They've become like a bad oman to me.

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-13-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    hi MJ. I'm guessing from the above that you've been a Green Bay Packer fan for less than 15-20 years?

From 1993 - 95 Troy Aikman and the Dallas Cowboys owned us.

See Dallas Cowboys Vs Green Bay Packers playoffs 1993-95.

In 1995, Troy Aikman and the Dallas Cowboys hosted the Packers in the NFC Championship and, for the third straight season, knocked the Green Bay Packers out of the playoffs 38-27 to earn their 3rd Super Bowl appearance in the last four years.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-13-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    How long have you been a Green Bay Packer fan?

Check the history MJ. Are you correct?
    Did you read the thread? I gave you the history you fool.

I like Aikman. He is the Kevin Malone of broadcasting.

"That pass was dropped...because the receiver didn't catch it. When the quarterback throws the ball to you he wants you to catch it."

He gives hope to aspiring broadcasters who are also handicapped by a lack of skill.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    You guys whine so much about Aikman, guy is just doing his job.

I don't care about the anti-Packer stuff. He's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Did you read the thread? I gave you the history you fool.
    Don't flatter yourself. As if I read an entire thread to look for your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I guess I don't understand why people care so much whether Troy Aikman likes the Packers.

Packers sucked yesterday, so if he said some negative things about the Packers, they were probably true.

He does appreciate Aaron Rodgers.

Maybe it's simply his personality / style? Maybe we read too much into that!?

I thought could it be a back to the South Vs North thing? Nope !

Troy Aikman is from West Covina, California
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-13-2013 at 04:02 PM.

That's because the search fucking sucks donkey ass on this site.

Here's the one I remember: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...ost-Bears-Game

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I don't care about the anti-Packer stuff. He's boring.
    Hey, YOU try to be interesting when most of your prefrontal cortex resembles a chunk of punky, worm-ridden firewood due to multiple blows to the head.

I could care less if he likes the Packers...he stinks as a color guy. As Rand said he if fucking BORING...and stupid.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

I didn't get to hear yesterday's broadcast, but I'd say that, post-Favre meltdown until GB's Super Bowl and return to prominence, that many would say that Aikman was very favorable toward the Pack.

Everyone likes the up-and-comer storyline. The Packers were that team a few years ago. Now they are on the other side of that.

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    Boy you guys have some serious displaced hatred to go along with drug/delusional behaviors.

IMO it is disgusting with the continual love fest for A-rod. Likes MM as a play caller and TT's personnel decisions. Always gives the Packers the benefit of the doubt.

In fact Aikman almost sounds like a Packer homer.