Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Hopefully his next draft pick at Safety works out better than McMillian. Anyone know anything about the guys red listed?
    The kid from Wisconsin is listed as injured, so they'll probably take him.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    The kid from Wisconsin is listed as injured, so they'll probably take him.
    fits right in

he's use to the weather and he knows how to be hurt, sign him up

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 41m
    Dez Southward/S/Wisconsin not at the Shrine Game as he'll be playing next week in the Senior Bowl.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...y-team/page/13

Draft Position: 21

Dream Fit: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama

" He has great vision ...and can read a quarterback's eyes to make a quick break on the ball. He has the speed to make up ground in the secondary .... a physical, sure tackler who can make plays at the line of scrimmage."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Who's off the board first @ the QB position?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ohnny-manziel/

Texans’ Bill O’Brien just beginning to evaluate Johnny Manziel

Posted on January 15, 2014 at 6:45 PM ... By: Ultimate Texans in 2013 season, Houston Texans, NFL draft

Comment woodbuck27:

The Houston Texans scored the second fewest points in the NFL and the QB position is getting much of the blame.

Once upon a time franchise QB, Matt Schaub, had an interception returned for a touchdown in an NFL record four straight games.

Schaub's replacement, on and off, Case Keenum never won a game this past season. "

" That ain't a workin' ..." Dire Straits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPjxz4LGak

Dire Straits - Money For Nothing (Live At Knebworth)

Post @ Packerrats with dire Straits LIVE @ Knebworth ... Enjoying the whole concert:

http://store.eagle-rock.com/title/li...-i-ii-and-iii/

An amazing band.

It looks very likely that the Texans will be drafting @ QB with their No. 1 overall pick.

Which of leading candidates will they elect to make the NO. 1 overall pick?

I've noticed of ** the three present leading candidates for first QB off the board. That Johnny "Mr. Football" Manziel is getting a lot of attention and LOVE of late. Is Johnny Manziel moving forward to be the consensus overall NO.1 Draft pick?

He might blow any serious thought of that "to HELL in a New Your minute", with one of his little antics hitting TMZ.

** Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville and Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M and Blake Bortles, UCF.

Who goes off the board at QB first and to which team?

Houston needs a QB:

Newly hired Texan's HC Pete " Irish" O'Brian has only watched Johnny Manziel on the tube. From reports he hasn't begun his evaluation process of this years QB class more so Johnny Manziel to any degree of depth.

Will the Texans Head Coach and Company select a certainly dynamic but undersized QB who has risen so suddenly to the top of some early mock drafts?

I look to see if the St. Louis RAMS get any offers to trade down from the NO. 2 slot. Cleveland or Minny?

Minny? That move will be a costly one from the NO. 8 slot to No. 2.

How costly? Which Trade Value Chart are we @ Packerrats going to rely on in this 2014 draft?

Which one does Ted Thompson and Company use?

Cleveland is picking at No. 4 and has QB needs as "Weeden" may get "weeded" ... OUT.

Are the Cleveland Browns the AFC equivalent to the NFC Detroit Lions or ... is it possible ...worse ?!

Changes @ the HC position will fix it all. You simply have to believe if your a Browns or Lions fan.

At least " the growing pains again Cleveland Browns" are waiting ... waiting patiently for this seasons playoff picture to clear. They may smartly wait until after Super Bowl XLVIII to select their new Head coach.

Enjoy some "Red Hot Chili Peppers" .... Kick It !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication [Official Music Video]

Almost 90 Million Hits !!

That deserves this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DyziWtkfBw

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop [Official Music Video]

Back to football:

The Cleveland BROWNS waiting until after the Super Bowl to get their HC?

Is that a good idea? Who's starving to go there? Will he be the new Bill Belichick?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-16-2014 at 08:17 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
    Keep it in FYI

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Keep it in FYI
    Ha Ha!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Just remember this when going Ha-Ha over the draft. Usually people dislike Ted's drafts. The one universally loved my media and fans? 2012.

That is the draft people are now killing Thompson over since they believe that draft is killing the Packers.

I hope Ted trades out of the first and takes Greg Jennings II in the 2nd round.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

FWIW, Draftek has the Packers taking a WR:

DraftTek ‏@Drafttek 27m
    #NFLdraft sim #Packers Picks:
    1- WR Matthews
    2- SS Bailey
    3- LT Mewhort

I think they just use an algorithm to make picks, at least for a while.

DraftTek ‏@Drafttek 27m
    1- WR Matthews
    2- SS Bailey
    3- LT Mewhort

For a minute I thought Mewhort was just an anagram for Newhouse trying to get another signing bonus.

DraftTek ‏@Drafttek 27m
    1- WR Matthews
    2- SS Bailey
    3- LT Mewhort

i've been following draft tek for years and their picks rarely make any sense. not only have they had us picking a WR in the first for at least a month now, but they're saying that pick would be a pretty big reach

and i hate the fact that its a WR from USC. NEVER DRAFT A WR IN ROUND 1 FROM USC

also, since we're in the draft thread

what kind of safety do we need?

i've seen a lot of sites and posters saying we need a SS.

morgan burnett was a SS when we had collins, and i think moved to FS after collins got hurt. and he's sucked hard at FS every since

so do we need a SS and keep burnett at the safety spot where he sucks. or do we draft a real FS and move burnett back to where he looked average?

or does it even matter?

to me, we need a playmaker, thats a FS in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    also, since we're in the draft thread

what kind of safety do we need?

i've seen a lot of sites and posters saying we need a SS.

morgan burnett was a SS when we had collins, and i think moved to FS after collins got hurt. and he's sucked hard at FS every since

so do we need a SS and keep burnett at the safety spot where he sucks. or do we draft a real FS and move burnett back to where he looked average?

or does it even matter?

to me, we need a playmaker, thats a FS in my mind
    A SS can certainly be a playmaker. See Leroy Butler. I'd rather see Burnett at SS, which is probably what TT envisioned since Collins was only 26 or 27 when he drafted Burnett. OR maybe the idea is for the 2 safeties to be interchangeable. The Packers need playmakers on defense no matter where they line up.

Ha-Ha and Pryor re both listed as FS.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 01-17-2014 at 06:19 PM.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Draftek is ridiculous. Our last three WRs picked in the first round?

JAMES LOFTON
    STERLING SHARPE
    JAVON WALKER

Pretty fucking awesome players. None drafted by Thompson.

Speaking of which, Lofton was the most recent Packer first rounder (1978) to be inducted in the HoF. The most recent first rounder to get in was Johnathan Ogden (1996).

That's nearly twenty years without a first-rounder panning out into a HoF. :C
    Last edited by smuggler; 01-18-2014 at 06:55 AM.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...st-shrine-game

Gives a shout-out for better than expected Badger Beau Allen.

people in tampa should be ashamed

thats one of the worst looking domed fields i've ever seen

i've been following draft tek for years and their picks rarely make any sense. not only have they had us picking a WR in the first for at least a month now, but they're saying that pick would be a pretty big reach

and i hate the fact that its a WR from USC. NEVER DRAFT A WR IN ROUND 1 FROM USC
    I found their alignment of players to NFL teams is seemingly off when you do a comparison to other draft sites.

I liked the way the site is designed. I don't recall discovering much better in that regard.

It seems like such a short time ago that we last did this. Time sure flys.

The East-West Shrine game is a little slow.

It's all tied up @ "13" now.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-18-2014 at 05:26 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Jeff Mathews. He proved quickly that he has the strongest arm of all the quarterbacks in attendance and can make the intermediate/deep throws with zip and accuracy at an NFL level. One issue he had at Cornell was taking too long to pull the trigger and this was an issue at times this week.
    sounds like the perfect backup
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Draftek is ridiculous. Our last three WRs picked in the first round?

JAMES LOFTON
    STERLING SHARPE
    JAVON WALKER

Pretty fucking awesome players. None drafted by Thompson.

Speaking of which, Lofton was the most recent Packer first rounder (1978) to be inducted in the HoF. The most recent first rounder to get in was Johnathan Ogden (1996).

That's nearly twenty years without a first-rounder panning out into a HoF. :C
    Not really that strange. A Hall of Famer would generally have a 10-15 year career and then have to wait 5 years to get in. Most players drafted in the last 15 years that are good enough to get into the Hall of Fame aren't eligible yet.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Also never fight a land war in asia. INCONCEIVABLE!!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.