Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Jermichael Finley: What might the Green Bay Packers do?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    we'll see if there's still a big market for him after teams do physicals

also, lets not forget the 10 million dollar question.

if he's not offered a deal worth at least 10 million, then he might be better off walking around with a neck brace on and claiming his career if over. at this point, i'm not so sure he'll get a 2 year 10 million dollar deal for anyone with all the ?????????????????
    maybe he could get some oversized leg warmers to enhance the look.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

?????????????????
    My father would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    It doesn't sound terribly hard to me to find a doctor who likes money.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    It doesn't sound terribly hard to me to find a doctor who likes money.
    rumor has it that some doctors actually go through college, graduate at the top of their class, then four years of medical school, 2-6 years of residency, fellowship, etc. etc. because they like to treat people.

Some, but not all.

There are numerous doctors who would lose their medical licenses today if their peers actually had the ability to take them away, but congress put a moratorium on it, because it would be 'harmful' to remove physicians from the market or jail them all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Some, but not all.

There are numerous doctors who would lose their medical licenses today if their peers actually had the ability to take them away, but congress put a moratorium on it, because it would be 'harmful' to remove physicians from the market or jail them all at once.
    really? lol, didn't know that.

This sounds kinda like what we talked about wrt Seattle DBs. Break the rules often enough, they'll get tired of punishing you for it.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Partial redemption for Cub Reporter Hot Tub Chmura, Rob Demovsky confirms the same vertebrae involved with Collins AND Finley. McCarthy much more optimistic about Finley, obviously.

The C-5/C-6 fusion surgery is much easier to come back from than fusions that are done higher in the neck. Former Packers safety Nick Collins had a C-3/C-4 fusion and was never cleared. That's the same fusion tight end Jermichael Finley had last season, although last week coach Mike McCarthy expressed optimism that Finley would be cleared.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...m-neck-surgery

Bonus news, Jolly likely to be cleared to play this year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

MM sure does seem to like ol' Jermichael. He's got a soft spot for the guy. And that soft spot seems to be located inside his brain pan.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I like how the media has amnesia when it comes to Nick Collins's stenosis so they can keep comparing his case to those of Jolly and Finley.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Exactly; a more accurate comparison would be to Terrance Murphy, who is, like Collins, still retired due to his injury and the stenosis.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I like how the media has amnesia when it comes to Nick Collins's stenosis so they can keep comparing his case to those of Jolly and Finley.
    I would blame them more if I could remember it. Can barely keep the vertebrae straight.

We really should just name a thread Spinal Injury and put all the links to posts in there.

And then someone should name their metal band after the thread.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

maybe the problem is that nick collins doesn't have stenosis?

or if he does, its news that has never been made public

heres an article i found on another forum from 2011. its completely stolen

Rob Demovsky:

Green Bay Packers safety Nick Collins is out for the year, but one of his agents said the full extent of his injury isn’t known.

“We’re not 100 percent sure what the injury is at this point,” said Alan Herman, who co-represents Collins. “We know he didn’t break his back, he didn’t break his neck, he has full feeling in all of his limbs. He can run around and do whatever he wants to do right now. There’s no lingering effect from the impact yesterday. He’s got a headache, but he’s physically able to go.

“The MRI supposedly tells a different story, but we haven’t seen the MRI, we haven’t seen the report of the MRI, and they felt from the doctors that saw him in Carolina and obviously his team doctor, the best thing for him to do for this year is to shut him down to protect him. But there’s nothing in there, there’s no break. I’m assuming there’s some kind of disc involvement, but we don’t know that for a fact either.”

Herman said he’s still waiting for the MRI report, which is being sent to doctors in New York, where Herman is based. From there, a course of action on treatment will be decided.

Disc injuries can be problematic. It’s what has kept Colts quarterback Peyton Manning out of action so far this season. Manning has a bulging disc.

Good news for Collins, though, is that he does not have stenosis, according to Herman. Stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal column, and players who have it and sustain neck injuries often have to retire.

It appears to me as if MM is still high on JeMichael Finley....that he will be resigned.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

maybe the problem is that nick collins doesn't have stenosis?

or if he does, its news that has never been made public

heres an article i found on another forum from 2011. its completely stolen
    I vaguely remembered that as well, and was pretty sure he did not have stenosis. I don't think it was ever clear why it seemed his career was done, not much question about it.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I very clearly recall several articles that said Collins did not have stenosis prior to the surgery, but for some reason they almost immediately raised a concern that he could have developed a surgically induced stenosis. Perhaps it had something to do with the severity of the injury, or his specific anatomy, or something else, but for months they talked about waiting to see if he had developed stenosis.

As I recall, at the end he visited a bunch of doctors, and it was reported that they were split on whether or not he should play again.

its funny, when i was trying to find news on collins injury, i ran across the eric dickerson case.

when dickerson got traded to green bay they gave him a test with one of those new fangled mri machines and found out he had a herniated disk in his neck. because of that, he failed the physical and the team forced him to calling it a career, telling him that they would not allow him to risk his body.

funny thing is, dickerson injured his neck in 84 during his second season in the pros. after he suffered the injury he had around 2600 carries and 281 receptions, before mike holmgren told him the injury prevented him from playing anymore because of the 9 year old injury

from what i've read on collins injury (and finley, jolly and richardson) people get freaked out because IF that same little section of spinal cord gets damaged (touched), then the damage COULD be more permanent. many doctors say that after the fusion, that section of spinal cord is basically encased in an impenetrable shell, and there is absolutely no was that same section can be damaged again. the only way the neck can be re-injured is if another section takes on too much strain because of the fusion. but the chances of that happening are extremely slim to none

i would start to wonder if teams can be held liable for cutting players careers short, when other doctors say there is no risk?

how did football player in yesteryear ever survive without mri machines telling them that their sore neck is a career ender?

i wonder if i should stop working because i have a bulging disk in my lower back. you never now, i could fall off a 4th story roof one day and land back first onto a brick fence and be paralyzed for life, all because of my weakened back, not because of the 4 story fall. me and the other 75% of people in the world should just quit not and go on disability before we get injured any more seriously then we already are

Red, I agree with you about all of us retiring who have bulging discs. The one point I would make though, is that Nick Collins wasn't told he couldn't play anymore, he was simply not cleared by the Packers and he was cut. He can go play with any team willing to sign him.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Red, I agree with you about all of us retiring who have bulging discs. The one point I would make though, is that Nick Collins wasn't told he couldn't play anymore, he was simply not cleared by the Packers and he was cut. He can go play with any team willing to sign him.
    i wonder just how many teams brought him in and did all the tests on him, or are they just all taking green bays word that he's not cleared?

the guys been wanting to play again since 2012, but i don't remember hearing any stories about him going to visit other teams and getting checked out by them.

if he did, you'd think it would be news and he would no longer be trying to come back again

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I very clearly recall several articles that said Collins did not have stenosis prior to the surgery, but for some reason they almost immediately raised a concern that he could have developed a surgically induced stenosis. Perhaps it had something to do with the severity of the injury, or his specific anatomy, or something else, but for months they talked about waiting to see if he had developed stenosis.

As I recall, at the end he visited a bunch of doctors, and it was reported that they were split on whether or not he should play again.
    The reporting on Collins was horrendous. At first he was reported to NOT have a disc injury. His agent made the situation unclear several times.

Clearly something is preventing Collings from getting team approval. If it isn't the type of surgery, its either the result or an unexpected complication.

https://twitter.com/nickdapick36

Nick Collins Verified account

@nickdapick36

" Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. " Albert Einstein
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau