Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: He's BACK! Brad Jones Is Your Starting Dime LB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If the Packers focus TOO much on Gronk, they will get shredded elsewhere. Patsies are gonna run the Tampa Titan at them, hoping he will recreate his former Lambeau Field glory. I'm guessing 200+ rushing yards for the Patsies. They probably still lose though...
    I was only being half sarcastic when I suggested in another thread that Adrian Hubbard spy Gronk the whole game and then don't let him get off the LOS by all but tackling him on every play. Of course, the tackling part might be the weakness of my plan.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

For all you anti-Hawk people that say he doesn't contribute. If he is off the field for a significant amount of time, you will see just how much old, reliable AJ contributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    For all you anti-Hawk people that say he doesn't contribute. If he is off the field for a significant amount of time, you will see just how much old, reliable AJ contributes.
    AJ Hawk is second on the Packers 'D with 77 tackles to SS Morgan Burnett (Ranked an NFL 12th with 84 in tackles}.

If you elevated AJ Hawk by 'only 2' tackles he would rank in the top 20 defenders in tackling in the NFL.

The issue with AJ Hawk is his to be desired pass coverage skills.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Are we allowed to say he is slow, getting slower (possibly due to injury) and a liability in coverage?

Because if I am not, then I might as well stop watching because my eyes will revolt and jump away from my brain.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I want Sean Richardson as the dime LB. Clay on the outside. Hawk on the sidelines.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...1.html#packers

Wait and see: Last week, linebacker A.J. Hawk was replaced by Brad Jones as the lone inside linebacker in the dime package. This week, Hawk isn't sure who will be there.

"I have no idea," he said. "It's a minute-by-minute thing probably."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Max... was just listening to the radio and they were interviewing a Patriots beat writer from the Boston Globe.

He says he expects Belichick to come out and doublt Jordy [bracket him], stick Revis on Cobb 1 on 1, and force Rodgers to beat them with our junk TE's, 3r WR, and anemic running game - those were my thoughts exactly. That is exactly what I am expecting to see from Belichick.

Will MM expect this?? He may expect it, but he will not adjust in any way... as he's said, they'll run what they run, and that's it.

As for our defense, I expect the same... dunderdummy won't do anything to stop Brady or Gronk... he'll just scheme to keep everything in front of him and let our defense bleed to death.
    wist

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    \

He says he expects Belichick to come out and doublt Jordy [bracket him], stick Revis on Cobb 1 on 1, and force Rodgers to beat them with our junk TE's, 3r WR, and anemic running game - those were my thoughts exactly. That is exactly what I am expecting to see from Belichick.
    Since you I, and everyone else seems to be expecting this, I expect Cheat to do something different.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck