Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Winners - Losers Packers vs. Bills

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I think you didn't appreciate the pressure Rodgers was under. O-line did well in the run game, as was predicted, and Stubby was too Stubby to stick with it (plus they were trying to limit Lacy and Starks was so-so).
    I heard they were trying to limit Lacy too. The O line was opening holes so why did Starks not shine?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    NO !

If Aaron Rodgers doesn't play LIGHTS OUT excellent AND at that level usually at Home.

The Green bay Packers SUCK !

Take that show we've seen too often this season on the road and we get what we've seen. It doesn't fix itself. It takes superior players.

Aaron Rodgers is the MVP of the Green Bay Packers hands down and as long as the Packers can win their last two games he's the likly candidate for NFL MVP. Now one of those last two games is in Tampa bay:

YIKES !

It has to be instilled in the tem the need to win on the road. See the Dallas Cowboys and this season.
    I don't know if AR had to be lights out for us to win. If he had played just average for an NFL QB we win that game. But Rodgers was uncharacteristically bad yesterday. I'm gonna chalk it up to a bad day at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I heard they were trying to limit Lacy too. The O line was opening holes so why did Starks not shine?
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201412...alyze=boxscore

James Starks had 4 carries for 19 Yards and a long of 12 yards.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Is there some reason D. Harris can't get a snap on offense? I think he would be a nice change of pace back who could do some damage.
    I wonder if Harris is struggling with pass pro - picking up the blitz - in practice?

I've said this many times here - but it's been awhile because drops haven't been an issue up to this game...

One of Rodgers flaws (he does have some) - is that he lets receivers drops get into his head (i.e., i'm doing my job - you're not) - and that ends up having an actual impact on HIS throws and the general communication on routes/presnap.

Other thoughts - Packers had 2 ten point hits. Near impossible to win on the road with -20. (special team - punt return TD and missed FG) and (dropped TD then an INT that lead to a FG for Bills).

This was not on Packers' defense. Didn't let them sniff the endzone and no 3rd down conversions in first half. And AJ Hawk actually made one play (shocking, I know).

This was a tough loss and everything else went wrong (Det, Philly and Seattle winning). BUT - win 2 games and you have at least #2 spot - THAT's a very enviable position.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Yeah, I love funny guys. To me, Tank ain't one of him. You do, you think Tank is the next Richard Pryor or something. I thought the John Homes shit on JSO was lame and sophomoric. You thought it was a hoot. One man's ceiling is the next mans floor and all that shit.

My beef here with Tank is his criticism of a tough young players heart. Because he was a "shutdown corner", he thinks Dix used bad mechanics in his tackle or in general. Dix didn't, he made a helluva a play to get in the backfield. Then he went in square, hard and low. He made a form tackle and grabbed the front leg. & the sumbitch shook the tackle and got loose. it happens, but Dix's technique was very sound. Sometimes you get the Bear and some times he slips your tackle.

Tank uses his fake credentials as a former star to re-enforce his fanboy fantasies. He's a fan of this player so he criticizes other guys.

Well, fuck him. he doesn't know what he's talking about. he would have a right to his opinion, except he's banned from this forum, so he don't.

Two other guys I think were studs today were Lang and Sitton. Those were two top hands they faced today and they both kicked ass. I think the game today bodes very well for our final game against a boy named Suh and them.
    Plus Lang and Sitton are not 100%. I think it bodes very well when we go up against the seachickens too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Losers - our garbage ass te's. That's what we really need to beat the 4 man 2 deep defense.

Also losers - the refs. Sure seems like our guys are seeing a ton of grabbing/holding more than 5 yards downfield
    Yes, our TEs were invisible yesterday.

Losers:

Announcing team: couldn't even pronounce the Packers' players' names correctly and called the entire game from the Bills' perspective. C'mon. This isn't preseason where the television market is primarily the home team. Did the JV announcing team call in sick and they had to plug in guys from Buffalo's last coaching staff to call the game?
    Production team: never saw replays on questionable calls or on anything that wasn't obvious. Barely saw replays at all.
    Officiating team: several phantom calls on the o-line (which the announcing team--see first entrant--never caught), several non-calls on the Bills d-backs, etc. It's been since Fail Mary that I've been this upset about officiating.

Rodgers: Usually when people say what I'm about to say, I roll my eyes since it's usually a vast exaggeration. But this time it's warranted: missing receivers. Don't know if it was the mist, the wind, or an off day, but he contributed to the loss.
    Wide Receivers: catch. the. ball. You have one job.
    Jordy Nelson: not included in the above category since the drop on the 94yd TD deserves special identification.

Not happy about this game for a variety of reasons. The first category made the game really annoying to watch and made me feel like the Packers had an uphill battle to climb from the start.

But the second category is what lost the game.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    I've said this many times here - but it's been awhile because drops haven't been an issue up to this game...

One of Rodgers flaws (he does have some) - is that he lets receivers drops get into his head (i.e., i'm doing my job - you're not) - and that ends up having an actual impact on HIS throws and the general communication on routes/presnap.

Other thoughts - Packers had 2 ten point hits. Near impossible to win on the road with -20. (special team - punt return TD and missed FG) and (dropped TD then an INT that lead to a FG for Bills).

This was not on Packers' defense. Didn't let them sniff the endzone and no 3rd down conversions in first half. And AJ Hawk actually made one play (shocking, I know).

This was a tough loss and everything else went wrong (Det, Philly and Seattle winning). BUT - win 2 games and you have at least #2 spot - THAT's a very enviable position.
    Yes. Winning those two game is all the focus now.

Yesterday is gone !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Hold the phone there. Incredibly inaccurate is not a term that can be associated with Rodgers under almost any circumstances. Certainly not against all good defenses. Did you forget the NE game already?

Packer fans don't even know what inaccurate looks like anymore. Most of his misses hit the receiver and several others were back shoulder throws that no WR understood was going to be thrown. That is the mystery that needs to be solved because each was viable if the WR knew to look.

It was his worst game in years but its he's not inaccurate against good defenses normally. He also moves and throws as well as anybody in the game. So while it didn't work today, that doesn't happen each week. He had a horrible game, but he hasn't suddenly become horrible.
    +1000

Rodgers is the least of our worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Lacy has a bad hip. It bothered him all week. They were not going to run Lacy 30 times. Maybe the argument can be made Starks should have gotten more carries. The problem with that is that is that they'd rather have Lacy in there most of the time for his superior pass blocking. Besides, I can't blame McCarthy too much for thinking Rodgers and his receivers would get their act together at some point. They usually do. It only would have taken 1 drive. Remember Miami?
    It was surprising Starks didn't get more carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Losers:

Announcing team: couldn't even pronounce the Packers' players' names correctly and called the entire game from the Bills' perspective. C'mon. This isn't preseason where the television market is primarily the home team. Did the JV announcing team call in sick and they had to plug in guys from Buffalo's last coaching staff to call the game?
    Production team: never saw replays on questionable calls or on anything that wasn't obvious. Barely saw replays at all.
    Officiating team: several phantom calls on the o-line (which the announcing team--see first entrant--never caught), several non-calls on the Bills d-backs, etc. It's been since Fail Mary that I've been this upset about officiating.

Rodgers: Usually when people say what I'm about to say, I roll my eyes since it's usually a vast exaggeration. But this time it's warranted: missing receivers. Don't know if it was the mist, the wind, or an off day, but he contributed to the loss.
    Wide Receivers: catch. the. ball. You have one job.
    Jordy Nelson: not included in the above category since the drop on the 94yd TD deserves special identification.

Not happy about this game for a variety of reasons. The first category made the game really annoying to watch and made me feel like the Packers had an uphill battle to climb from the start.

But the second category is what lost the game.

Losers:

" Announcing team: couldn't even pronounce the Packers' players' names correctly and called the entire game from the Bills' perspective. C'mon. This isn't preseason where the television market is primarily the home team. Did the JV announcing team call in sick and they had to plug in guys from Buffalo's last coaching staff to call the game?

Production team: never saw replays on questionable calls or on anything that wasn't obvious. Barely saw replays at all. "

I agree that coverage was horrible. Was it by CBS?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Losers:

" Announcing team: couldn't even pronounce the Packers' players' names correctly and called the entire game from the Bills' perspective. C'mon. This isn't preseason where the television market is primarily the home team. Did the JV announcing team call in sick and they had to plug in guys from Buffalo's last coaching staff to call the game?

Production team: never saw replays on questionable calls or on anything that wasn't obvious. Barely saw replays at all. "

I agree that coverage was horrible. Was it by CBS?
    No it was FOX but not one of their top announcing crews, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    This very well could be the case, but then you have to have Starks and Harris ready and be willing to use them. Planning to be limited in the run game with one of the deepest positions on the field seems self defeating.
    The Broncos beat the Bills at home by sticking to the ground and mixing in some passes on occasion. Manning threw 2 INTs against that D also.

I only caught the last 4 minutes but looking back... why did the Packers throw so much?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Fox's #4 announcing team is usually Thom Brennaman/David Diehl/Laura Okmin. Yesterday somebody named Justin Kutcher was in place of Brennaman. But I think it was Diehl who didn't know how to pronounce some of the Packers names.

Check this out, from the Bills/Broncos:

BUF on left DEN on right
    Code:
    First downs	24	15
    Rush-yards-TDs	16-74-1	29-133-3
    C-A-TD-INT	38-57-355-1-2	14-20-173-0-2
    Sacked-yards	4-14	0-0
    Net pass yards	341	173
    Total yards	415	306
    Fumbles-lost	2-1	1-1
    Turnovers	3	3
    Penalties-yards	11-98	5-45
    Third Down Conv.	9-16	4-10
    Fourth Down Conv.	2-3	0-0
    Total Plays	77	49
    Time of Possession	33:29	26:31
    GB on left, BUF on right.
    Code:
    First downs	21	13
    Rush-yards-TDs	25-158-1	33-113-0
    C-A-TD-Int	17-42-185-0-2	14-27-158-0-1
    Sacked-yards	1-10	3-18
    Net pass yards	175	140
    Total yards	333	253
    Fumbles-lost	1-0	1-0
    Turnovers	2	1
    Penalties-yards	9-70	10-75
    Third Down Conv.	4-14	4-16
    Fourth Down Conv.	0-0	0-0
    Total Plays	68	63
    Time of Possession	27:02	32:58

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    He is not going to change into someone you like.

But lets look at that wisdom/maturity thing. Is it wise and mature for somebody to obsessively carry on a personal vendetta for months and years in the football forum? Is it wise and mature to call a high school principal to investigate the football career of a poster from an internet forum, then submit accusations?

Seems to me this forum only has two rules: you try to stick to topic of football, you don't post about people's personal life. Who is the criminal here?
    Criminal, eh Harlan?

You can really be an asshole HH.

I wasn't criminally stalking a Goddamned thing.

I was back in Wisconsin and made a local to my buddy, an old teammate of mine. Him an I were in a golf outing a couple days later. We were in the same foursome. As usual, when I play shitty in a scramble, I win money. At the good old 19th hole I asked my pal about Charles and the great game of Tank. My buddy called over an asst coach who was still at the school, the HC got a big job from that season. Both my buddy and the asst coach laughed their asses off that anyone from the Appleton team would brag about their play in a game in which that team was blown off the field.

I sure that's because Tank did not play in that game.

I don't bring up Tank's shutdown "fame".

He brings it up, constantly. And he uses the "accomplishment" to establish his football credibility.

In this thread, he used it to demean the play of HHCD. He shouldn't do that because he doesn't know what he's talking about. He wants Dix to tackle higher?

Who cares?

The first thing about tackling is getting in position to tackle. You get yourself squared up and drive thru to the man. Go fast and low, mentally aiming about a foot past the point you think you'll strike. Drive thru the man and try to grab that front (lead) leg. I always preach to keep your head up, never losing sight of the target. If you get that done, a lot more of 'em will go down than you will miss.

I don't bring up the shutdown shit, he does.

He's a troll and has been banned from this forum. I think the ban should be enforced on the little troll.

Whoops, gotta go.

Somebody spotted that criminal in a Paris sewer again.

I'll catch him if it's the last thing I do.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Dyoop: Packers made too many mistakes. Your chart doesn't have ST and dropped/poor passes.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

He brings it up, constantly. And he uses the "accomplishment" to establish his football credibility.
    Why do you even care? I don't. Speaking as a former astronaut and marathon champion, you should take my advice and drop this.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    ^^^^ Packers made too many mistakes. Your chart doesn't have ST and dropped/poor passes.
    Exactly.

There's no accounting for Slocum or situation in the box score.