Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
McGinn barely mentions Rodgers' injury, and even then he reduces it to Rodgers being trapped in the pocket. It was much more than that. I think the injury affected his throws, and also affected how Seattle played defense. They did not need to worry about Rodgers taking off and running, or even buy a lot of time by rolling out. Rodgers is classy enough not to use the injury as an excuse for his play, which makes him a good target for McGinn.

McGinn also does not mention that with the score 19-7 McCarthy took the ball out of Rodgers' hands. By the time Rodgers got the ball back, the Packers were down 22-19. He then led the Packers 48 yards in just over a minute for the tying field goal, completing 3-5 passes for 36 yards and limping for a 12 yard run. It was not Rodgers' best performance. But the team was up 19-7 with 5 minutes to go, and the fact that they blew it had nothing to do with Rodgers.
Not many want to discuss Rodgers' injury and how it affected the game. When I tried to on another forum I was chastised for making excuses. But you are right, Aaron's injury hurt is accuracy and his lack of mobility changed the way Seattle defended us and took away one of the main things that makes Rodgers the most dangerous QB in the league for our adversaries to beat.