Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
Originally Posted by woodbuck27

" The worst defeat in Green Bay Packer history" woodbuck27

I withdraw that remark as it would be a mere opinion.

As to the rest of it:

Last Sunday It was reported that the Green Bay Packers suffered the worst comeback in NFC Championship history.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...yoff-loss-ever

The above says that 12 of 17 Packerrats feel last Sundays collapse in Seattle was the worst playoff loss of 8 prominent losses in the Packers more recent history.

I suffered through the Packers history following Super Bowls I and II. I'm certainly well aware of many poor performances before the team won another Super Bowl or Super Bowl XXXI. That was almost 3 decades of disappointment.
45 years of fan memories is impressive. But it also skips the 45 years before that. And there has been somewhere between 42 and 46 NFC Championship games. Really small sample size.

As for the 12 of 17, a survey immediately after the game is a terrible way to put a loss into perspective.

But, in terms of the article, the rank of terribleness in this loss is immaterial to the main point. Rodgers poor play is indicative of several things. Its not indicative that he needs to be an even bigger part of the team.