Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Barney Fuckdoggle Award

Monty.
    C.H.U.D.

It's either Joe Thomas or Alonzo Harris. Gruden loved both of those guys.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Fair enough. Does anyone merit this prestigious award or does it go empty for week three?
    I think it should stay empty. There were a few unknowns here and there who contributed, but nothing out of the blue amazing that was required for the win.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Is Monty eligible? Teams may fear the potntial of a 2nd round pick, but who would fear some Barney Fuckdoggle from Lafayette?
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I think higher round draft picks should be deemed ineligible. I don't know where that threshold lies; somewhere about rounds 5-6-7, I would think.

Don Barclay is a UDFA who didn't let Justin Houston get a sack. Kinda Fuckdoggleish if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Don Barclay is a UDFA who didn't let Justin Houston get a sack. Kinda Fuckdoggleish if you ask me.
    That's not a bad choice, especially given how brutal he looked in preseason. Poor lineman - they are at their best when no one notices them.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I could support the Don Barclay candidacy. Career backup lineman keeps Aaron clean against fearsome pass rush.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Don't know who gets the award, but I thought Justin Houston was gonna rack up 4-5 sacks like Wally Ogunleye did vs Barbre a few years ago.

Barclay is an ugly player, but he wades in there and tries to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Don't know who gets the award, but I thought Justin Houston was gonna rack up 4-5 sacks like Wally Ogunleye did vs Barbre a few years ago.

Barclay is an ugly player, but he wades in there and tries to get the job done.

I think the question here is how well known is Barclay outside of fanatical Packer circles?

If he's a complete unknown (thanks, Bob Dylan), then it's appropriate.

But I was thinking of Joe Thomas, who made a couple of nice plays. He hits hard and playing inside in the dime freed up Matthews.

Even Joe Thomas's name is kind of a fuckdogglish name.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Man...I wanted him to have it but I yanked it after he speared Datone.

Alonzo's first NFL run of 16 yards had him on the Fuckdoggle podium temporarily...but that was the only highlight. It was a Fuckdoggle moment anyway.
    AH also got zero yards in a clock eating mode run, unless the announcers got the number wrong.

Thomas got mauled on Charles long TD run.

I could support Barclay. I don't remember being mad at him all night. For an O lineman, that's OK. He was having a better night than Bach. He's a vet, but the only people who know him are us and Pro Football Focus.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Has to be Thomas for me. Barclay was a starter not so long ago. Yes, he struggled early to shake off the rust, but that's not really fuckdooglish to me. Thomas may have had a couple bad plays, but overall he was a nobody that stepped up.

I thought the context of fuckdoggle was that the unknown replacement stepped up and played well. James Jones in week one isn't unknown, no matter how many times he was cut. Barclay was a full season starter two years ago. I think both are ineligible. I think Nate Palmer gets it for week one and Joe Thomas this week. He was on another team's practice squad a week ago.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    The perfect BF candidate should be both unknown AND anonymous...and recovering from a hamstring injury.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Might be time for a poll.

McGinn is not ready to Fuckdoggle Barclay: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...330045601.html

Mike McCarthy, Tom Clements and Aaron Rodgers did everything they could to protect Don Barclay against Justin Houston and David Bakhtiari against Tamba Hali. The fact Barclay allowed one-half sack (to Hali) and Bakhtiari didn't allow any was a victory in itself. Barclay is back to being the player he was in 2012-'13. He moves OK, never quits, stays focused and uses his massive hands (107/8 inches) to steer elite rushers just wide enough. Houston walked Barclay back with big bull rushes for two pressures, but only once did he knock him off his feet. Of the 13 "bad" runs, the unit was charged with 10. Barclay had 5 ½, including 2 ½ when he was unable to cut off rampaging DT Jaye Howard on the backside and two partials at the point against Houston.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

making an executive decision

2015 Barney Fuckdoggle Award Winners:

Week 1: James Jones
    Week 2: Jayrone Elliott
    Week 3: Don Barclay

Including Barclay is a stain on the good name of the barney fuckdoggle. Jayrone Elliott has every right to be incensed.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Barney Fuckdoggles are a Packer tradition. I nominate Chuck Mercein to the Barney Fuckdoggle Hall of Fame.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers