Thread: More Banjo: Week3 vs. Chiefs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ankle biter.

via Imgflip GIF Maker
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-29-2015 at 12:21 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Looks like a defenseless receiver to me. Targeting for sure.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Looks like a defenseless receiver to me. Targeting for sure.
    perfect technique. shoulder-chest.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    He hit him way too hard - and the receiver wasn't looking or properly prepared. Probably deserves a four game suspension and a stiff fine. Have to punish/fine away the hard hits. Maybe a good rule change would be for the defender to shout a strong warning before the hit.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Maybe a good rule change would be for the defender to shout a strong warning before the hit.
    Nah, way too complicated. Did he shout the correct warning? Did he shout it loud enough? Was the shout timely? If there are two defenders in the area, do they have to shout directional information as part of the warning? ("I'm going to crush you from your left side!") What if two defenders from different locations both shout warnings? Wouldn't that be confusing to the poor, poor wide receiver?

Much simpler to just eliminate tackling of receivers all together. DBs can play the ball, but not touch the receiver. In fairness, you could eliminate y.a.c. and give the offense the ball at the point of the reception; although the NFL might like every completed pass leading to a TD, with defenders limited to only trying to punch out the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Nah, way too complicated. Did he shout the correct warning? Did he shout it loud enough? Was the shout timely? If there are two defenders in the area, do they have to shout directional information as part of the warning? ("I'm going to crush you from your left side!") What if two defenders from different locations both shout warnings? Wouldn't that be confusing to the poor, poor wide receiver?

Much simpler to just eliminate tackling of receivers all together. DBs can play the ball, but not touch the receiver. In fairness, you could eliminate y.a.c. and give the offense the ball at the point of the reception; although the NFL might like every completed pass leading to a TD, with defenders limited to only trying to punch out the ball.
    We are moving towards electronic touch football. I figure the closer it gets to that, the less interest there will be and the game will die. The push will come from the high schools, where hysterical helicopter moms are steering kids away from football (never mind that plenty of other sports have their attendant injuries, concussions, etc.). At some point, the well is going to go dry, but these things take time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post

Oh yeah.

Form tackle, through and through.

That shit gets the sideline hollerin'.