Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I don't know why Janis hasn't been brought along faster. I doubt anybody else in here does either. It's annoying and disappointing to me, though, and it is not the only example of that past and present - Packer player(s) seemingly having the most ability getting held back in favor of ........ whoever for whatever reason. I've seen various stuff on various teams in several sports - what it seems to me is coaches and GMs getting a lot of credit when the teams win, but not (IMO) maximizing how good the team could do.
    Yes, because the GM and head coach purposefully hold back a ProBowl caliber WR to show who is boss and shorten their careers because they want less wins by not playing their stud players.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

My point is proven.

It's amazing - and kinda sick - that we have so many Janis haters or at least detractors in here. All the damn beat reporters say ....... this and that - BFD about that hahahaha. Janis may be getting first team reps now - I guess I have to take the word of you detractors about that. However, he languished on the bench or inactive for two years or so; Then when finally given the chance to get on the field, he did an excellent job both as a receiver and on special teams - any of you negativists gonna dispute that? Just my opinion, mind you, but I'd say Janis in his limited opportunities for game situations has looked better than Montgomery at his best when he was healthy, and it isn't even a contest comparing Adams to Janis.

I don't know wtf is in the minds of McCarthy and Thompson - maybe they will just fart away Janis's career with the Packers. Whoever he ends up with, though, I expect him to eventually be a star-quality receiver. It will piss me off highly if that is not with the Packers.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Hey you guys, is texaspackerbacker a troll? His posts are hilarious.

I've been hovering around here for a couple years but haven't posted much.
    I want to have real conversations and I don't want to waste time in conversations that are just meant to bait people, I'm still learning personalities on here.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It's amazing - and kinda sick - that we have so many Janis haters or at least detractors in here. All the damn beat reporters say ....... this and that - BFD about that hahahaha. Janis may be getting first team reps now - I guess I have to take the word of you detractors about that. However, he languished on the bench or inactive for two years or so; Then when finally given the chance to get on the field, he did an excellent job both as a receiver and on special teams - any of you negativists gonna dispute that? Just my opinion, mind you, but I'd say Janis in his limited opportunities for game situations has looked better than Montgomery at his best when he was healthy, and it isn't even a contest comparing Adams to Janis.

I don't know wtf is in the minds of McCarthy and Thompson - maybe they will just fart away Janis's career with the Packers. Whoever he ends up with, though, I expect him to eventually be a star-quality receiver. It will piss me off highly if that is not with the Packers.
    Where did you get the idea that Thompson and McCarthy can't recognize and develop quality wide receivers? It may be their greatest strength. If Janis is good enough, he'll make it with the Packers. If he's not good enough to make it with the Packers, he probably won't make an impact anywhere else either. This is one area where the Packers don't make many mistakes.

in other news, after one preseason game, miles jack looks to be the real deal

coulda woulda shoulda

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

coulda woulda shoulda
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. He might end up being great, who knows. But there's not way of knowing anything after a pre season game. Remember when Jayrone Elliott looked like the next Brian Urlacher in pre season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

coulda woulda shoulda

I would have been completely on board with this
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Espn reported he broke it Wednesday.http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17292237

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    It's all a setup by the coaching staff just to keep the man down.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I think we all know he punched a coach right?

I am not sure if this is center related OR long snapper related:

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
    New from JSOnline and PackersNews: DePere native Kyle Steuck joins Packers http://ift.tt/2aS1N4d #Packers

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 15m15 minutes ago
    #Packers have put long snapper Jesse Schmitt (broken hand) on injured reserve and announced official signing of OL Kyle Steuck.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

^ Yes. After a coach tried to stop him from punching Rodgers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 32m32 minutes ago
    Todays DNPs: Waters, Gatewood, Burnett, Ryan, Flores, Linsley, Murphy, James, Rotheram, Janis, Nelson, Montgomery (rest) #PackersCamp

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 46m46 minutes ago
    Busy day for participation at #Packers camp: Clay Matthews, Randall Cobb, Brett Hundley, Mitchell Henry and Makinton Dorleant all return.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    Wondering if #Packers S Morgan Burnett was not a healthy scratch. He was activated vs. Browns, didn't play, now isn't practicing today.

Tom Silverstein@TomSilverstein
    ILB Jake Ryan, S Morgan Burnett are still out.

C Matt Rotheram has his left arm in a sling explains why they signed Steuck.

WR Jeff Janis is here. Has his right hand in a splint and wrapped with an ace bandage.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    #Packers WR Ty Montgomery's absence is not injury related. Just his first rest day since coming off PUP. Easing him back onto field.

Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13
    Seems the calf issue for Cobb is minor. Made a couple nice grabs on passes from Rodgers in 2-min drill vs. starting defense. #Packers

Rodgers went twice to Davante Adams during drill Adams dropped back shoulder against Shields and then couldn't time up on free play.

Blake Martinez prevented a touchdown to James Starks on cross-field throw from Rodgers.

If the punters were trying to hit short line drives then they succeeded. Unless they were trying something I don't know about it was brutal

Aaron Nagler@AaronNagler
    Hundley getting time with the first team offense.

Aaron Nagler@AaronNagler
    Carl Bradford getting a few reps with the first team.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    #Packers QB Brett Hundley gets starter reps in team period, but Aaron Rodgers handled lone 2-minute drill. Hundley missed week, needs reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If the punters were trying to hit short line drives then they succeeded. Unless they were trying something I don't know about it was brutal
    If both were punting the same way, I suspect they were working on something, like lower line-drive punts needed late in the year when playing in gale-force winds at Soldier Field or Lambeau.

Aaron Nagler@AaronNagler
    Hundley looks really sharp today. Throwing in rhythm and placing it well nearly every time.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    #Packers rookie WR Trevor Davis makes a nice route adjustment, cutting under CB Demetri Goodson to catch Brett Hundley's sideline pass.

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood
    #Packers WR Geronimo Allison beats CB Josh Hawkins deep, but Hawkins strips it to force incompletion.

Then on next play ball thrown slightly behind Allisonbounces off his hands and is picked off by Carl Bradford.

When OLB Kyler Fackrell gets a one on one rushing outside his quickness is hard to deal with. Even athletic Jason Spriggs has trouble.

Aaron Nagler@AaronNagler
    Great job by Adams tracking a deep pass from Rodgers for what would have been a touchdown. Big play from the third year WR.

Pete Dougherty@PeteDougherty
    Team drills close with 2 big plays by scout team with Rodgers at QB: Bomb to Adams over Daniel, then Richard Rodgers on seam route

Rodgers ran scout team plays today against Defense Suggests he is possibly not playing this week either.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rodgers ran scout team plays today against Defense Suggests he is possibly not playing this week either.
    Their plan had been for Hundley to get a lot of reps this preseason. With the 1st game cancelled, and Hundley missing the 2nd game, they may want him to play most of the game.

I would sit Rodgers the entire preseason. Timing with receivers? You get that in practice. It's true that Rodgers needs to adjust to real game speed, but that will take all of a series or two in the first game, if that long.