Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 53 Man Roster Prediction

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    This is without benefit of seeing the fourth game (just hearing reports).
    Robertson Daniel vs. Josh Hawkins was a tough one. I wouldn't be shocked if Hawkins and Daniel both beat out LaDarius Gunter.
    I'd be shocked and very disappointed if they keep Daniel over Gunter. Daniel has the measurables but he was semi-abused by the KC back-ups. Late into the 2nd quarter Daniel was about the only guy giving up yards. He must have been attacked successfully 5 times in the first half. He bounced back a bit but he can't cover or make a play on the ball like Gunter can.

Gunter can use his length, physicality and good technique cutting off deep routes while turning to look for the ball, using the sideline, etc. to overcome his lack of top-end speed. Al Harris made a pretty damn good career on the outside without much speed.

Bottom line IMO is Gunter's flags can be overcome. Other than running with guys, I don't see a great athlete or playmaking ability in Daniel. He just allows too much separation and gives up too many plays IMO.

Daniel was playing the dime corner and had those late crossing routes the Packers have huge trouble covering, as they run them through a double pick at midfield.

Gunter had some brutal plays in preseason and a couple of penalties. He might still be the octopus but his warts showed. I thought the young safeties played as well as the young, backup CBs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I am mostly in agreement with HH.
    Always a wise course, but you must mean HW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Price was cut this morning.
    So was Patrick.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Cutting Price surprises me slightly. TT must be fantasizing about another fat guy somewhere.

Daniel gone, Bradford gone. I wonder if Carl will end up back on the PS.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack