Seahawk Richard Sherman rips Roger Goodell, officiating, says NFL ‘isn’t fun anymore’ — and more

— On how to improve officiating: “Make the rule book a lot less extensive. You’ve got a bunch of freaking rocket scientists writing rules for a simple game. Like I’ve always said they e always say they ask players and coaches about rules and rules changes but they really don’t take what they say into account, obviously, because the game is entirely too difficult to officiate to be written by coaches and players, to be influenced by coaches and players. This game would be a lot more simplified by the refs. Obvious calls would have to be made, if it affects the play it would have to be made. Earl Thomas got called for illegal contact on a play where he pretty much ran the route for the receiver and then you don’t get called when the receiver just blocks a dude in the end zone to the ground on a pass play. You’ve got to simplify it and give them less things to watch because it’s hard for the to ever protect the defensive player.’’
— On how he would rewrite the pass interference rule: “I’d even it out. I’d take illegal contact out or I’d call it both ways. If we can’t touch them past five yards, then they can’t initiate contact with us past five yards. But then it kind of sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it? Just as illegal contact is a ridiculous rule and impossible to officiate they can literally run into you at any point on the field and get that call. All you have to do is initiate contact, 4th and 55 and you got a first down. It makes it difficult to play defense because now they know the rules, they can manipulate the rules and the refs see what they think they see.”
IMO there are way too many penalties called in this league. It seems on every play almost. Every punt. It's making some games unwatchable.

What exactly is "incidental contact?" What exactly is holding? Pass interference?

Should penalties -- especially pass interference, offensive and defensive, and now unnecessary roughness -- determine the course of of just about every game?