Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordy out for rest of playoffs

Jordy out for rest of playoffs

Lacerated spleen
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

I guess that's what happens when you spear someone in the side with the crown of your helmet. Dirty bastard

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Well that sucks. Somehow hearing that the guy will get fined won't help anyone feel better.

Here's hoping the rest of the gang steps up even more.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Where are you hearing the this, I can't find it anywhere

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    If so, a damn shitty break. But I'll tell you, something says this team will persevere and maybe dedicate the rest of the playoffs to Jordy. Guys WILL step up.

Houston or bust. Go Pack Go!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Mike and Mike are reporting it apparently. I have mixed feelings on the hit. It didn't seem particularly dirty but it did seem unnecessary. Dang, that is a serious injury.

Hardly a Warren Sapp level hit but he should be fined. Sucks to lose Jordy. Our team is worse off, obviously.

This one is advisory:

Dr. Mark Adickes ‏@jocktodoc 2h2 hours ago
    Concerns for Jordy Nelson are broken ribs, pneumothorax (collapsed lung) and splenic laceration with blow occurring on his left side.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/...s-of-emphasis/

Crown of Helmet

For safety reasons, the Committee believes that crown-of-the-helmet hits by defenders that were previously legal because the defender did not line up the runner should be illegal regardless of whether the defender lines up the runner prior to making contact. When the rule was first implemented, game officials were instructed to look for three elements for interpreting the rule for initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet:

The player must line up his opponent
    He must lower his head
    He must make forcible contact with the crown of the helmet.
    Game officials will be instructed to call fouls when a defender lowers his head and makes forcible contact with the crown of his helmet on a runner outside the tackle box. The line-up requirement will still apply to a runner, since in many instances that player ducks his head to protect himself from impending contact by a defender, rather than to deliver a blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/...s-of-emphasis/

Crown of Helmet

For safety reasons, the Committee believes that crown-of-the-helmet hits by defenders that were previously legal because the defender did not line up the runner should be illegal regardless of whether the defender lines up the runner prior to making contact. When the rule was first implemented, game officials were instructed to look for three elements for interpreting the rule for initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet:

The player must line up his opponent
    He must lower his head
    He must make forcible contact with the crown of the helmet.
    Game officials will be instructed to call fouls when a defender lowers his head and makes forcible contact with the crown of his helmet on a runner outside the tackle box. The line-up requirement will still apply to a runner, since in many instances that player ducks his head to protect himself from impending contact by a defender, rather than to deliver a blow.

Which reads like the script for the hit on Jordy.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I think the Mike and Mike thing was premature, not to say it couldn't be correct.

This guy tweeted at 7:36AM

Concerns for Jordy Nelson are broken ribs, pneumothorax (collapsed lung) and splenic laceration with blow occurring on his left side.

Schefter retweeted that, but did not confirm it.

Then this guy reported Mike and Mike with EXACT same information but Tweeted as fact at 8:08

ST_OG_Bababooey @ST_OG_Bababooey
    @BrandonGoats just FYI @MikeAndMike is reporting Jordy Nelson has broke ribs, collapsed lung and spline laceration. Out for playoffs.

Nothing confirmed from Schefter or RapSheet.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-09-2017 at 09:51 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Schefter retweeted that but it is curious that no one else has had a sniff of anything.

My gut feeling is he will be out for the playoffs or some news would have leaked already. I have no doubt he is in the hospital and that's why nothing has gotten out yet.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Rodgers trying to get into Geronimo Allison's head, calls him out, sets him up as THE playoff Fuckdoggle of Jordy can't play:

"But Geronimo [Allison] has been playing a lot for us and he's been playing effectively," Rodgers said. "Randall [Cobb] being back healthy -- you know I said this week in my press conference we're better with 18 [Cobb's jersey number] on the field. And he showed it tonight, made a ton of plays for us. He was excellent. And having him out there is going to help. But you know Geronimo is going to have to step up and play extended time if Jordy is going to be out."
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think the Mike and Mike thing was premature, not to say it couldn't be correct.

This guy tweeted at 7:36AM

Schefter retweeted that, but did not confirm it.

Then this guy reported Mike and Mike with EXACT same information but Tweeted as fact at 8:08

ST_OG_Bababooey @ST_OG_Bababooey
    @BrandonGoats just FYI @MikeAndMike is reporting Jordy Nelson has broke ribs, collapsed lung and spline laceration. Out for playoffs.

Nothing confirmed from Schefter or RapSheet.
    Wow. It was obvious it wasn't a bruise. He was hurting bigtime. Any return would have been a surprise.

Hope it is premature. Yeah - mike/mike.

Al Harris had similar injury and was out over 4 games in 08

Even if it was just the rib injury, we were probably looking at 2 games. Anything more just adds to it.

Davis must have tried to bang McCarthy's wife. He hasn't sniffed the field in weeks.

Abby makes a triumphant return for the playoffs? Surprisingly, I don't think he played for anyone else during the season.

You may not believe this, but the night before the game, I dreamt that Nelson spontaneously retired. I woke up and thought " That was weird."

But more to the point, a dirty hit to Jordy, the way twisting Ty was dirty. As soon as he was hit, you knew it was bad, his reaction was immediate.

Bummer deal, I hope he heals up ok.

Wayne Larivee did a live segment on WTMJ this morning, and said there was no word on Nelson's injury, or how long he might be out.