Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Mike McCarthy: Brett Hundley Wasn’t Prepared

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Why does anyone think Alex Van Pelt was a quality QB coach?
    because he was the packers qb coach

pay attention

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    You and others are bitching about how terrible Hundley is and how the coaches dropped the ball with him. Perhaps this is why Van Pelt wasn't encouraged to stay? And it isn't up to Rodgers who is position coach is. I don't want MM to let Rodgers become a diva like Farve was.
    When did Favre ever comment on coaching hires or fires? He may have but I don't remember. At the end of his career in Green Bay he was upset at Thompson for the handling of Randy Moss. Favre wanted Moss in Green Bay. Moss went on to catch 22 TD passes that season. Favre wanted to reload for the 2007 season, not rebuild like they did the previous two years under Thompson.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Tank, Janis had a panic when he was in a game the previous year (2016 I believe). He ran a slant and the LB knew he was running a slant. Janis stalled, then ran up to the LB and jumped into the air in what was less of an attempt to catch the ball and more of an attempt to not get hurt when he got hit. The ball either bounced off someone or went elsewhere, I don't remember. I just remember Janis going to the turf on his butt.

He had no idea how to run that route with tight coverage and someone in the way. He was confused at a minimum and was in no mood to challenge the LB who could have legally popped him in the five yard bump zone. No idea how to adjust. And that is the kind of thing its his job to know. But he is used to just running around obstacles, not sticking to the route plan.

If we had a pic, and trust me I have looked for the video, the caption would read: What Are You Doing Here?
    I don't recall that incident but even if it's true, every receiver is entitled to at least an infamous occurrence.

TO with the star incident. Moss with the moon job. Schroeder with the facemask thing. Hell, Jordy was chewed out by McCarthy once for not going after a bomb Rodgers threw 2 miles out of bounds.

I'm sticking to my original premise: Good things happen when Janis is on the field.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    When did Favre ever comment on coaching hires or fires? He may have but I don't remember. At the end of his career in Green Bay he was upset at Thompson for the handling of Randy Moss. Favre wanted Moss in Green Bay. Moss went on to catch 22 TD passes that season. Favre wanted to reload for the 2007 season, not rebuild like they did the previous two years under Thompson.
    Well said, Nutz.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

You are correct, he pretty much stuck to retirement speculation to get his way.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Right. That explains the trade offers.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

You are correct, he pretty much stuck to retirement speculation to get his way.
    No!

Please, will you people ever get to the TRUTH:

The TRUTH: Clearly Ted Thompson as usual bungled that one after half heartedly going after Randy Moss. Ted Thompson went to sleep and blew it. Just another REAL Super Bowl (very likely in the bag) tossed away.

Mike McCarthy helped ensure that result, when in the most frigid conditions he elected to hold Packer Practices in an indoor setting.

Why didn't MM insist that TT fly the Team to Florida that week? It wouldn't have done much worse damage.

Most people move very gradually into cold water;.MM just tosses them in head first.

Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy = Bone Heads.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Did Moss go to NE for more $$? I can't recall...

And yet when the rubber met the road he decided he was too cold to take the checkdown and threw a packer career ending pick to seal the giants berth in the big game.

What? Still too soon?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

No, he was traded. TT thought he had a done deal for moss for a 4th, and overnight hoody snarked us and offered a better 4th. So the fact that TT didn't have a better 4th to offer and NO ONE would offer a 3rd he is an epic failure. Try and keep up.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I think it was a trade thing, New England got him for a fourth round pick and Moss had to restructure his contract. All I remember was that Thompson called Moss and chided him on the phone about if he was going to be a good boy, and that he would accept that Donald Driver was the team's number 1 receiver. I think Moss told Thompson to get bent, and then the Pats picked him up.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    And yet when the rubber met the road he decided he was too cold to take the checkdown and threw a packer career ending pick to seal the giants berth in the big game.

What? Still too soon?
    Well it doesn't hurt me any more than any other Packer fan at the time. Imagine if he had Randy Moss in that game?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Well it doesn't hurt me any more than any other Packer fan at the time. Imagine if he had Randy Moss in that game?
    Yup, nothing changes. Hard to catch a ball 7 yards from where you are even if you are a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. The loss that game certainly wasn't on the WRs.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I tend to forget how many Super Bowls Randy Moss won.

In other Hundley related news, any chance Teddy BridgeH2O escapes Minnesota and would sign with the Packers?

The Vikes are in a sweepstakes to pay 10 times the cost of their previous starter for the rights to a QB who might be 15% better (Cousins). Broncos like Keenum as their consolation prize to Cousins so I don't know if there is a scenario where Teddy leaves or not, but if he doesn't get a crack at a starting gig, might he do two years with the Packers?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

In other Hundley related news, any chance Teddy BridgeH2O escapes Minnesota and would sign with the Packers?
    i'd take that in a heartbeat, IF he can play

The TRUTH !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    No, he was traded. TT thought he had a done deal for moss for a 4th, and overnight hoody snarked us and offered a better 4th. So the fact that TT didn't have a better 4th to offer and NO ONE would offer a 3rd he is an epic failure. Try and keep up.
    Crap ! Your the GM of the Green Bay Packers and you want Randy Moss (Really want Randy Moss); you offer your fourth and say.

Please get back to me if you get a better offer and before finalizing any Randy Moss trade.

What does Randy Moss have to say about that Trade to NE from Oakland for a Fourth Round Pick:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-was-hyped-nfl

Randy Moss remembers trade to Patriots: 'I was hyped'

How did you first find out you were being traded to the Patriots?

" I got a phone call and it was Bill Belichick. I thought it was a friend or somebody playing with my phone. I actually cussed him out. When he kept saying it was Bill Belichick, I knew he was serious. I started being apologetic because I had cussed the man. Then he told me the Raiders were thinking about trading me. I had to be in Foxborough by 10 p.m. Eastern, or the trade would void. So, I just did everything that I could possibly do to get up there by 10 p.m.

After I got off the phone with him, I was excited. I was hyped. I was in a club that night. .."

That would be deemed 'a complete Game Changer' and..... any competence in analysis.