Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Seriously, this time, I will teach you everything.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...osh-mcdaniels/
    The best part of this narrative is that simply understanding the administrative aspects of what the Hoody does won't make Jerk-Mac into the Hoody. I could follow Elon Musk around and learn how he runs his business operations but that is still not going to give me the same neurological footprint. At the end of the day I just don't have the same horses under the 'ol cranial hood.

McDaniels has been a fine OC in their system, with Brady and with Hoody running the whole show. He has not been as successful as a HC (Denver) or OC (St.L. offense under him was 32nd in ppg) elsewhere. Just because he learns how to balance the team's checkbook doesn't mean he can continue to run the Patriots as successfully as the hooded one.

Unless there is some eldritch magick afoot to pass down dreadful secrets from the ancient ones, some series of rites and incantations that imbue the initiate with the awful all-seeing eye of the crimson king, colour me dubious that mere observation will suffice.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I can't wait until BB retires. Either McDaniels will get embarrassed and not get the HC gig or he will get it and sh*t the bed and be fired for his poor performance and thus officially ending the Pats dynasty.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

He'll need another HC gig to prove me wrong, but I'm starting to think of McDaniels like I do Wade Phillips: great as a coordinator, but if he's the head coach I worry a little. Maybe the Denver experience humbled and made him smarter, that remains to be seen. I certainly wouldn't let him run the personnel side as a GM.

Is this next season BB's last? I'm hearing JM is staying with the Pats because he's the heir apparent. Brady is getting old and his relationship with BB is wearing thin.

"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    He'll need another HC gig to prove me wrong, but I'm starting to think of McDaniels like I do Wade Phillips: great as a coordinator, but if he's the head coach I worry a little. Maybe the Denver experience humbled and made him smarter, that remains to be seen. I certainly wouldn't let him run the personnel side as a GM.

Is this next season BB's last? I'm hearing JM is staying with the Pats because he's the heir apparent. Brady is getting old and his relationship with BB is wearing thin.
    Wade proved it at multiple stops. McDaniels has only been a coordinator at the Patriots (I think), and who knows how much of that is BB?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Ex-49ers QBs, current teammates rejoice at Garoppolo deal

PEBBLE BEACH — Steve Young and Alex Smith enthusiastically endorsed Thursday’s news that Jimmy Garoppolo will get paid more than anyone ever to work their old job as 49ers quarterback.

“Tremendously good news, and if I had $136 million, I would have given it to him,” Young said as he and Smith golfed together at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

A text alert on Young’s phone informed the former Niners on the front nine at Spyglass Hill Golf Course, and neither had sticker shock at the figures: $137.5 million over five years, with $90 million guaranteed in the first three seasons, per ESPN.
    New target set for Aaron.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    This is incredible.

https://streamable.com/6sdup
    What a fucking idiot, that Kelce. I mean, kids skipped school to be at that event. Now they think it's cool to swear.

Just kidding. It was a cool rant."Fuck" has gotta be the greatest word of all time.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

If Tank ran the Packers, they'd be in the tank. The toilet tank.

I am down on how all the offseason changes happened, and I still think McCarthy pulled an arrogant move with the GM thing, and I think Murphy kowtowed and has set himself up for failure, but it's all still a million times better than hiring Josh McAsshole.

At least Green Bay might have some short-term success before it all goes to hell.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If Tank ran the Packers, they'd be in the tank. The toilet tank.

I am down on how all the offseason changes happened, and I still think McCarthy pulled an arrogant move with the GM thing, and I think Murphy kowtowed and has set himself up for failure, but it's all still a million times better than hiring Josh McAsshole.

At least Green Bay might have some short-term success before it all goes to hell.
    Pride goeth before the fall, which I have always taken to mean, possibly incorrectly, that you get what you've been asking for first, then you get what you deserve.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I am down on how all the offseason changes happened, and I still think McCarthy pulled an arrogant move with the GM thing, and I think Murphy kowtowed and has set himself up for failure...
    Murphy "demoted" a GM who not only was too incompetent to do his job, but has become, apparently, mentally incompetent.

Couple of examples: Thompson couldn't find anyone better to replace Gunter when Gunter was starting, and the Polar Bear had no clue where he was during a meeting with the suits. Polar Bear is not fit for GM duty anymore.

If Guntekunst utilizes Belichickism, the Packers should win at least 2 more Super Bowls before A-Rod hangs up the cleats.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-13-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Murphy "demoted" a GM who not only was too incompetent to do his job, but has become, apparently, mentally incompetent.

Couple of examples: Thompson couldn't find anyone better to replace Gunter when Gunter was starting, and the Polar Bear had no clue where he was during a meeting with the suits. Polar Bear is not fit for GM duty anymore.

If Guntekunst utilizes Belichickism, the Packers should win at least 2 more Super Bowls before A-Rod hangs up the cleats.
    If it was as easy as utilizing a system, everybody would win the Super Bowl every year!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

If it was as easy as utilizing a system, everybody would win the Super Bowl every year!
    It is certainly easier with an elite QB. But the Eggles won it with a backup QB while utilizing Belichickism, so an elite QB is preferred but not required. (Wentz did look pretty elite during the 10 minutes I watched him play on the tube.)

Somehow, I just don't think McDaniel's is going to be able to measure up to Belichick. Though Bill did resign from the Jets when he didn't like Parcell's continued involvement, so he has contract betrayal down.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...osh-mcdaniels/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Football Outsiders @fboutsiders

Do you need to run to set up play-action? @guga31bb shows through numbers of the last 7 years that there's no connection between teams that run more (or better) and success on play-action passes. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...action-passing

So it's like having sex with a woman and not knowing if her orgasm is real or fake:

It doesn't matter.

KYPack

So it's like having sex with a woman and not knowing if her orgasm is real or fake:

It doesn't matter.
    Exactly. Defensive coordinators are too wrapped up in their own little world:

We will stop the run first?

What if I want to pass a little on first down?

We will stop the run first no matter what!

You don't understand me.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I think its a gambler's fallacy on the part of the defense. If you never run, the defense gets a creeping feeling that you're due.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

You know, the Colts should be thanking their lucky stars that maggot backed out. He’s got a proven history of scumbaggeryand this bush league stunt just reinforces that. Think about what a mess he would have made of their team after two or three years. How long did it take Denver to recover after he messed them up?

Let me pose a hypothesis. An NFL team “talks” to a players agent before free agency opens. They have a wink wink nod deal. Player starts looking for property, then the team declines. Is the NFL team a bunch of scumbags?

Who the fuck let McDaniels hire coaches before he had a contract? That guy/group of guys is fully to blame IMO. Who schedules a press conference before there’s a signed contract. How about don’t be a moron? He has every right to change his mind if he’s not yet signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.