Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Coronavirus And Sports

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Do they also report the amount of recoveries or just the more fear inducing figures such as cases and deaths?
    If one uses math, one can figure it out.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Could the NFL season be cancelled? Right now we are along way (and I don't mean time), from being able to safely fill a stadium with fans.

Mark J. Burns

@markjburns88
    This quote from NFL's chief medical officer, Dr. Allen Sills, is pretty telling of the future for all pro sports (via NFL)

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    NFL should pipe in crowd noise and sell streaming games a la carte. Just quarantine the entire team together. They get paid enough to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    NFL should pipe in crowd noise and sell streaming games a la carte. Just quarantine the entire team together. They get paid enough to deal with it.
    That's likely what will happen.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Tuesday the only path for sports to return this summer includes no fans in attendance and players being kept in quarantine for the duration of their seasons.

Fauci, an advisor to President Donald Trump, laid the groundwork for a potential return to play amid the coronavirus pandemic during an interview with Peter Hamby of Snap Originals (via ESPN).

"There's a way of doing that," he said. "Nobody comes to the stadium. Put [the players] in big hotels, wherever you want to play, keep them very well surveilled. ... Have them tested every single week and make sure they don't wind up infecting each other or their family, and just let them play the season out."

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The NFL should just have the homeless attend. They are all testing positive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    That's likely what will happen.
    Well shit I finally got something right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The NFL should just have the homeless attend. They are all testing positive.
    If they are like the homeless around here they will only accept the luxury suite.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    If they are like the homeless around here they will only accept the luxury suite.
    lol

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral

The NFL is examining various contingencies should the COVID-19 pandemic force changes for the 2020 season.

The Washington Post's Mark Maske reported Wednesday a shortened season is on the table, with one person saying the upcoming schedule "is being done in such a way that builds in that flexibility."

Maske also reported the NFL could close off stadiums entirely for fans or only allow a certain percentage of the stadium to be filled.

The NFL provided a statement to Maske while declining to address any specific proposals related to the pandemic:

"As we have said, we are committed to protecting the health of our fans, players, club and league personnel, and communities. We look forward to the 2020 NFL season, and our guidelines and decisions will be guided by the latest advice from medical and public health officials, as well as current and future government regulations. We will continue to plan for the season and will be prepared to adjust as necessary, just as we have done with free agency, the draft, and now the offseason program."
    Dr. Jeffrey Smith, the county executive for Santa Clara County, told ESPN's Steve Fainaru and Mark Fainaru-Wada "a major miracle" might be required for games at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California, to be held as usual in the fall.

Smith questioned whether keeping fans away from stadiums is enough to limit the spread of the coronavirus because players and team employees will still be traveling from areas where the pandemic may not be contained.

NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills told NFL.com's Judy Battista that widespread testing will need to be available to provide league officials with the confidence necessary to start the season.

Broncos' Von Miller has coronavirus.

What's the draft looking like?

Like the 1960's, team phoning their picks in?

I'd watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Sharpe, send me some scans of the sport almanac man. Help a brother out!
    Well, I guess we now know why he couldn't send you those scans with no sports and all....
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

These are the facts as they are known today. The source is the CDC.
    This hasn't aged well. The CFR is .4% according to the CDC. And .1% in this graph is actually the IFR so the information was dishonest. The IFR of wuhan bat flu is .26%

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    This hasn't aged well. The CFR is .4% according to the CDC. And .1% in this graph is actually the IFR so the information was dishonest. The IFR of wuhan bat flu is .26%
    Headline in paper:

China flu deaths over 100% worse than flu!
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Ezekiel Elliott tests positive.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Ezekiel Elliott tests positive.
    Moral of the story: a man should never betray his race for a woman of another race.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Moral of the story: a man should never betray his race for a woman of another race.
    You have to stop this one. It's actually more annoying than most of your shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Somebody has a gun to your head, forcing you to read my posts?

If someone annoys or bores me, I ignore his posts. It ain’t hard. Click on a thread. Read the screen name first. If it’s a colorless poster, scroll down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Thats weird to me. He is just being a caricature. He isn't serious....or if he is, he shouldn't be taken so. Once in awhile APB annoys me, but mostly I take him as comedy. And often he is actually funny. This isn't particularly, but it doesn't offend me either as I know he doesn't believe it. It would be akin to taking some of Skins posts seriously. He intentionally inflames, and its humorous most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    It would be akin to taking some of Skins posts seriously. He intentionally inflames, and its humorous most of the time.
    It's a mistake to not take Skin seriously, most of the time. Even so, when he's here, he eviscerates poor arguments with economical precision cuts. It's delightful.