View Poll Results: DOES AROD play as long as Tom Brady at a similar level of quality ??

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

4 18.18%
  • NO

18 81.82%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: AROD vs BRADY

Blog Entries

AROD vs BRADY

Does Aaron Rodgers play as long as Tom Brady at a similar quality of play

Poll request be Tex
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Thanks. Emphatically YES!!!! Similar, probably better, and it damn well better be for the Packers.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

It's possible, but there are so many reasons why he might not. Hell, we aren't even sure he'll play this year.

In 100+ years of football it has happened once. Just look at brees and Favre recently. Great and then cliff at 41. Why would rodgers be different?
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Sheeeeesh, you guys are serious?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Sheeeeesh, you guys are serious?
    I'm not convinced you are looking at this from a probabalistic perspective but rather as a fan
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

What's a "probabalistic" perspective? It just seems eminently logical, as Mr. Spaak used to say, that in this day and age of rules pampering QBs, etc., somebody like Rodgers who is more athletic, more mobile, and more cerebral, in addition to that wonderful mindset of not throwing interceptions, would be more likely, not just equally likely, to last as long as Brady. Combine that with the fact that he apparently says he intends to play that long, and HOW could ya'all seriously think he would not?

Two season ending collar bone breaks one never allowed to rest and recover knee injury (2019 vrs bears I believe in game 1) and 468 sacks, a lot while on the run which are worse on the body.

I maybe wrong but the odds are long against him.

George Orwell

And Brady missed all but 1 game with a torn ACL in 2008. BFD! That didn't hamper him, and the shit Rodgers had hasn't hampered him since it happened. I was there for that Bears game in 2019, and Rodgers on one leg was/is better than just about anybody else including Brady on two legs. I will give you the fact that Brady had a helluva lot better pass protection over the years than Rodgers, and incredibly, the many of the same fools thinking he will fade away at a younger age than Brady are in denial of that, overly praising the Packers O Lines over the years.

And Brady missed all but 1 game with a torn ACL in 2008. BFD! That didn't hamper him, and the shit Rodgers had hasn't hampered him since it happened. I was there for that Bears game in 2019, and Rodgers on one leg was/is better than just about anybody else including Brady on two legs. I will give you the fact that Brady had a helluva lot better pass protection over the years than Rodgers, and incredibly, the many of the same fools thinking he will fade away at a younger age than Brady are in denial of that, overly praising the Packers O Lines over the years.
    Funny how with a quicker pass the line looks better than when the qb holds the ball longer...
    But I do think Brady has had some amazing lines just like rodgers. In fact I cant think of one great qb who had a great year without a great line, but that is a different discussion you and I disagree on.

Brady has never used mobility as a key aspect to his game so an acl injury to him isnt a big deal. Any upper body injury would be though. He rarely holds the ball longer than about 2.3 seconds though so way less chance of injury.

George Orwell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I'm not convinced you are looking at this from a probabalistic perspective but rather as a fan

I could say the same about some of the Gutesuckers in here.....lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I'm siding with Tex....cause his wife is hot ))

I'll just add this. One of them is in OTAs trying to do everything he can to win another ring and the other is butt hurt. One is motivated by winning the other wants respect or something.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I could say the same about some of the Gutesuckers in here.....lol
    How is thinking it is unlikely that rodgers will play well til age 43 equal being a gute fan? The odds of rodgers being good @41 is like 1 in 500 or so.

George Orwell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    How is thinking it is unlikely that rodgers will play well til age 43 equal being a gute fan? The odds of rodgers being good @41 is like 1 in 500 or so.

my point was the natural "fan" reaction is to jump on the Gutetrain and condemn Rodgers for not being here

I was not trying to compare the poll; but I did a poor job in decribing it

my point was the natural "fan" reaction is to jump on the Gutetrain and condemn Rodgers for not being here

You are absolutely projecting that on to anyone who disagrees with you. You’re nearing Tex territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

It's almost like you we can't think both are being stupid.

I'm siding with Tex....cause his wife is hot ))
    She says thanks, and I do too. I'm still wondering what "probabalistic" means hahahahaha.

She says thanks, and I do too. I'm still wondering what "probabalistic" means hahahahaha.
    Probabalistic is when you use a combination of probability and logic to project a certain outcome in the future. It is far from error free as each new time reference going forward introduces the possibility of new errors in the model but for a fixed time point the logic aspect of it helps provide a better framework. My observation is you replace the logic with fandom. Hence nonprobabalistic outcome. The simplyblogic is the exception (brady) isn't the rule (all other qb > age 40)

George Orwell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    It's almost like you we can't think both are being stupid.

To be honest I think there is plenty of fault along both sides.