Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I remember in the late 90s, the Packers were hyping a Bennett/Levens or Levens/Green split backfield package, but I don't remember much special coming out of it.

(As I obviously can't even remember who the combination was.)
    Last edited by NewsBruin; 02-28-2024 at 10:53 PM.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    I remember in the late 90s, the Packers were hyping a Bennett/Levens or Levens/Green split backfield package, but I don't remember much special coming out of it.

(As I obviously can't even remember who the combination was.)
    It was Bennett and Levens. Both were bigger backs, and Bennett actually was drafted and used by the Packers as a FB. They pretty much split carries in 1996, and they were set to be a two headed monster in the run game the next year and Bennett tore his Achilles Tendon in the first preseason game. I don't know how much they would be used together as William Henderson was a dude at FB.

Max Melton, a Rutgers CB who is seen as a likely 3rd round pick, is the brother of the Packers Bo Melton.

Payton Wilson, a NC State LB who is a likely 2nd round pick is the brother of the Brewers Bryse Wilson.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Max Melton, a Rutgers CB who is seen as a likely 3rd round pick, is the brother of the Packers Bo Melton.

Payton Wilson, a NC State LB who is a likely 2nd round pick is the brother of the Brewers Bryse Wilson.
    Max put up a really good combine. Something like a 9.6 RAS. Probably moved him up a bit, but then again, this draft is CB deep so maybe he could still be had in the 3rd.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Matt Schneidman
    @mattschneidman

Cooper DeJean said his college teammate Lukas Van Ness has given him good insight during the pre-draft process.

“It’d be cool to play with Lukas again, for sure. I love my Iowa guys. He was a great teammate to play with. Just an absolute freak.”

Dan Parr
    @TheDan_Parr

Iowa CB Cooper DeJean not working out at NFL Scouting Combine but says he plans to work out at some point before draft, although probably not at Iowa’s pro day. Working his way back from broken fibula suffered in November. Started running full speed last week.
    DeJean did mention he's met with Steelers a couple of times. Lot of mock drafts have Steelers taking him at #20.

DeJean did mention he's met with Steelers a couple of times. Lot of mock drafts have Steelers taking him at #20.
    A lot of Cover 2 with DeJean at Iowa. he is physical and aggressive and would fit what the Steelers want in a player. Off the top of my head I am not sure how much Cover 2/2 Read gets played by Steelers.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Yo Nutz, what’s your take on J-Love? Do you think he’s a phony like your pal Skinbasket does?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Yo Nutz, what’s your take on J-Love? Do you think he’s a phony like your pal Skinbasket does?
    The Dallas game was a thing a of Beauty, the Niners' game was awful. His play down the stretch of the regular season was pretty damn good with pocket awareness, footwork, and especially his timing and accuracy. Things that you all might not notice is his ability or lack of ability to set protections and pre-snap identifications of where the pressure should be coming from. All these thing are not talent based but are acquired through time and experience. He has to protect himself better and set up his hot routes when expecting blitz.

I would sign him to a 9 figure deal soon. He made a bunch of 22 year old receivers look like All-Pros down the stretch.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The Dallas game was a thing a of Beauty, the Niners' game was awful. His play down the stretch of the regular season was pretty damn good with pocket awareness, footwork, and especially his timing and accuracy. Things that you all might not notice is his ability or lack of ability to set protections and pre-snap identifications of where the pressure should be coming from. All these thing are not talent based but are acquired through time and experience. He has to protect himself better and set up his hot routes when expecting blitz.

I would sign him to a 9 figure deal soon. He made a bunch of 22 year old receivers look like All-Pros down the stretch.
    Good take. Love can still get better. Hopefully he ain’t a one-hit wonder.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Let's hope he's more like Stevie Wonder.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Sweat at 366 pounds ran a 5.27 forty.

Sweat at 366 pounds ran a 5.27 forty.
    But did he . . . Sweat?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Best 40 times by DL.

LB Payton Wilson, a likely 2nd round pick, ran a 4.44 40. Quay Walker, by comparison ran a 4.52

LB Payton Wilson, a likely 2nd round pick, ran a 4.44 40. Quay Walker, by comparison ran a 4.52
    I don't know about him. I would like to think he is Luke Kuechly but he is not close to that level.
    Coming off a ACL injury in 2022. He is smooth and I think his pass coverage is decent, but he is not a downhill impact guy from the one game I have watched from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I don't know about him. I would like to think he is Luke Kuechly but he is not close to that level.
    Coming off a ACL injury in 2022. He is smooth and I think his pass coverage is decent, but he is not a downhill impact guy from the one game I have watched from him.
    What LB's do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    What LB's do you like?
    Packers need coverage at the linebacker position more than anything else. Colson from Michigan isn't a terrible option.

I'm just not into the draft this year. IDK why. Give me some big uglies that can play ball and I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I'm just not into the draft this year. IDK why. Give me some big uglies that can play ball and I'm good.
    My interest is down a little bit. I think it's because I think the Packers 2 biggest needs are safety and linebacker and I don't see any 1st round prospects at those positions. I think they'll go CB or OT in 1st round and I'll probably be ok with whoever they pick.

Day 2 could be interesting though with the Packers as of now having 4 picks.

This is not a strong LB group. Quite possible none get drafted in 1st round, although some like Cooper. PFF has only 2 ranked in top 60. Daniel Jeremiah has 3 ranked in his top 50.