Dan Quinn is not leaving Dallas unless someone throws a HC gig at him. He's got a good defense on a playoff bound team that -- with luck in the playoffs - could avoid SF and make it. Unlikely, but still. Why would you leave that team unless it was for a HC job?

What has Al Harris done? Does he have experience making calls? I love the dude, but he's a DB coach, that's a jump to DC. DAL has a passing game coordinator already (Whitt), so M3 is basically the boss of Harris' bosses boss. That would be a hell of a jump.
Joe Whitt was here and I didn't get the sense he was happy when he left. Wasn't that under Pettine? Would he really come back? Dude made chicken salad out of you know what in the secondary a few times, but... I dunno. I think he's about where he should be.

Time to get someone new. No old retreads please.

Go out there and Google Joe Barry Washinton defense -- the stories of him being fired read like our current complaints. I don't understand why they thought hiring him would be much different, unless they thought the defensive talent was that much better.
I mean, yeah talent matters a lot. Coaching matters too. Gotta have both to be successful.

Barry seems like a nice guy and I hear he's great in the building, but I wonder if he's just garbage at teaching or -- possibly the issue - play calling. MLF presumably meets with the coaching staff to go review and approve gameplans, so Barry must be able to put those together. Play calling in game is something of an art (so I've been told) and some people are better than others. I suspect adjusting on the fly is a big part of that. I do wonder if he's just really bad at that.

As for him being fired... it's funny, after KC, I thought he was safe, what a difference 2 games makes. MLF no longer back him up unequivocally in press conferences, so I suspect he's gone after the season. That's when it makes sense to let him go and find who else is out there. Right now there's nobody worth bringing in for 2-3 games, and there's nobody on the staff who really seems like they could run the defense and make calls. That last point, to me, stands out as something of an indictment of the coaches -- the fact that there's nobody who has shown enough to be a successor or latch on to another team tells me they either aren't good at developing coaches or the coaches stink. (Probably extends to inability to develop players as well.)