I threw out a list of POSSIBLE thread topis off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. I could not care less if they are not the most exciting to each and every one of you. I couldn't care less if some of you are tired of one or the other topic, or if you have no interest in some. I wasn't trying to find topics that each of you would be chomping at the bit to comment on.

There was a time when this board could simply discuss anything football or Packer related in the off-seasons, like a discussion between friends over a beer. Not everyone participated in every topic, but at least a few would in one, then others in another. Almost any topic would generate a page or two of responses. It didn't matter what the topic was. It didn't matter how insignificant it was.

Now, apparently, a topic isn't "worthy" unless it is critical to the Packers and of interest to everyone. We have some who find it necessary to police the topics. Maybe it dates back to the Favre issue and those who felt it their duty to jump on anyone who mentioned his name in a thread other than the Favre thread.

My list was examples of possible thread topics. It certainly wasn't an exhaustive list, nor one generated with any thought or research. I didn't expect to debate the list, but the fact that we are debating it highlights what has changed on here, and not for the better. Quite frankly, its not worth the effort of starting a topic in the Packer forum anymore.

You can blame it on the lockout if you want, but I don't honestly believe the lockout is the problem because I think the same attitude existed during the season, quite frankly. I think we have all become too familiar with each other, while at the same time too impersonal hiding behind our monitors.