Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
Ok ...one more time:

Brett Favre wasn't forced out of Green Bay.

It was simply time for the Green Bay Packers to turn their attention to the future and as their NO. 1 QB...Aaron Rodgers. Anything else might have turned out as disastrous and frankly a foolish move in terms directly related to Aaron Rodgers and respect for that man.

Is there any poster (s) here at Packerrats that believe he was forced out of Green Bay?

The pressure on Favre was simply to retire/stay retired.

Of course ...that didn't go well.

GO PACK GO!
Well stated. No, never an easy exit for a star. Hard to plan to be succeeded by the next guy, but if you give the team a reason to replace you (retirement and delaying decision to come back until July), don't be surprised that you are not back as the starter automatically. Then, it's nothing to do with your play on the field, but how you handle your business off the field, and the team's need to get ready for the next season and beyond.

His Green Bay exit does not make me forget what a great player he was, and I hope they can mend fences and get together on what is a well-deserved celebration of his career in a public ceremony at Lambeau. I don't know how the fans would react on that day, but hopefully with class and remembering all that he gave the fans during his time in Green Bay, regardless of how it ended or who he ended up playing for.