Thread: The Inside Story of How the NFL's Plan for Its 1st Openly Gay Player Fell Apart

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    It's important for gay people to come out of closet, it reduces stigmatization. Obviously people still do care very much about athletes being gay, otherwise more gay athletes would be out of closet.
    " Obviously people still do care very much about athletes being gay..." H H

** Therein lies the rub.

Suddenly.....pausing to think..... !!!

A real experience I share with y'all.

Jheeesh, I did it again, or did I?

Is what I just wrote, **, demonstrative of my heterosexuality. NO...I'm OK there. Mae rubbed my back last night. It's OK to use that word 'rub'. Certainly OK... to use that word as I did.

A classic example of literary paranoia dealt with, and after some thought, easily dismissed.

Why should I ever care? I'm heterosexual so surely all that shouldn't matter to me. That's not my problem and thus why make it my concern?

In a society where marginalization is clearly alive and wielding it's bloody sword in a masterfully masked way?

Masked way... No ! Rather again, as it's always worked with the use of POWER.

' Power', improperly employed.

Why is so much that we might not ordinarily question as proper, 'even' in our writing; suddenly become open for interpretation in terms of it's gayness or gay vernacular !? Why should any time be lost to such thought/examination?

Now please, maybe!? take some time ......

Extend (or take that) to what Gay folk must endure, in the shadows of their daily struggles, to merely live and enjoy every advantage offered to the majority ?

Ohh wait, should I check again !? I must not error. I must be absolutely sure !

Just a wee while please.

Let me go into the attic and consult with my dusty edition of Gay Talk : A Dictionary of Gay Slang (Formerly The 'Queens' Vernacular) by: Bruce Rodgers.

There I did it again....I digressed Harlan Huckleby : I did so as simply an exercise in reality.

It's the manner and undeniable TRUTH in which " people ", " still do care very much " that's in contention.

It's about the NFL and bringing it up with the times.

About the NFL and open acceptance of same sex relationships.

About the NFL fully accepting same sex unions in any form of commitment without any negative repercussions.

It's about the NFL and any denial that it's not already there.

It's about that NFL and denial and obvious support for the openly gay side that's very aware this denial supports only one very clear NFL agenda:

No gay homosexual football players are allowed in NFL team locker rooms.

It's about an NFL that's homophobic and selfish in terms of the needed attention this issue deserves.

Obvious acceptance.

Allow the rest to take care of itself, as it will, in some order of time.

It's about the NFL embracing 'the so deemed distraction' in terms of the better good.

It's about the NFL focusing on the good of the game of football.

It's about the NFL catching up in this regard to where Pro hockey has been arriving/ has arrived and same sex relationship and 'NO' exclusion of such people at any level of participation in the NFL in terms of a career short or otherwise.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-03-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau