Page 143 of 188 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3744

Thread: OFFICIAL THREAD about "NOTHING"

That was a great album Mike.

RIP Ronnie.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by easy cheesy View Post
    "Bremerton 557, status. ... Bremerton 557, out of service - gone, but not forgotten."

http://themunz.wordpress.com/

Laid to rest today...
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    RIP
    Indeed... Thanks Rand...
    Football been very very good to me

The Boys first track meet tonight...running varsity...Woot!!

Did any of you ever read a book called "Paddle to the Sea"? The voyage of a simple toy felt epic, and I found it quite touching. The voyage of Anderson's Steadfast Tin Soldier fascinated me as well. Maybe that is why I enjoyed this video of an unusual tribute to the shuttle program.

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quir...tle_flies_high
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I got nothin'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

I got nothin'
    I can't help you. I'm out of coffee.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

If you ever tire of Packerrats, the venerable qirina.com has found comparable sites for you.

Qirina has identified a number of sites similar to packerrats.com. Here they are:
    aquariumlife.com.au

kugutsumen.com

[QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    The Boys first track meet tonight...running varsity...Woot!!
    Not bad for the first meet. 53.9 in the 400 and his best at the end of last season was 54.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    Not bad for the first meet. 53.9 in the 400 and his best at the end of last season was 54.
    How old is your son? How tall is he? That's the 400 meters your referring to?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    How old is your son? How tall is he? That's the 400 meters your referring to?
    Yes Woody, 400 M. He's a sophomore, 16, and 6'1 - 6'2

Sigh. We have one dog that needs to be put down this week because she can no longer hold her bladder at all. At 14 years old, this is to be expected, but her quality of life no longer supports keeping her. So I finally get through that gut wrenching decision only to have the other one wake up sick this morning. At first I thought she'd just had a seizure which would be no big deal, but she's not getting back to her normal self and has yelped once or twice when one of the other animals touches her. I just hope we can hold out 'til Monday. The doggie emergency room ain't cheap.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Sigh. We have one dog that needs to be put down this week because she can no longer hold her bladder at all. At 14 years old, this is to be expected, but her quality of life no longer supports keeping her. So I finally get through that gut wrenching decision only to have the other one wake up sick this morning. At first I thought she'd just had a seizure which would be no big deal, but she's not getting back to her normal self and has yelped once or twice when one of the other animals touches her. I just hope we can hold out 'til Monday. The doggie emergency room ain't cheap.
    Man, that sucks. When my dog was really ill I had a hard time functioning. One tells oneself it's dumb, but dogs, like it or not, become part of the family; we do have responsibility for their health and any undue pain we allow them to suffer. I had almost zero hope for Daisy, who had serious liver issues, and then she rather miraculously pulled through. Copper retention might have been the issue, but we tried three different treatments simultaneously and one of them must have worked.

I hope things turn out okay for your younger one.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Man, that sucks. When my dog was really ill I had a hard time functioning. One tells oneself it's dumb, but dogs, like it or not, become part of the family; we do have responsibility for their health and any undue pain we allow them to suffer. I had almost zero hope for Daisy, who had serious liver issues, and then she rather miraculously pulled through. Copper retention might have been the issue, but we tried three different treatments simultaneously and one of them must have worked.

I hope things turn out okay for your younger one.
    She somehow hurt her neck. Vet thinks it's a pinched nerve and gave her some shots and pills, but we concluded while we were waiting for her turn that the emergency vet may be the most depressing place on the planet. But we're home and my wasted dog is standing there staring at me...

I'm really, really sorry to hear about your pup Zigs. Like Swede said, for many of us our pets are like family- hell forget "like family", they ARE family to me. I've been in your position before and decisions like this are very difficult on many levels. My last "go round" was with my 18 year old baby Jefferson. As you say health issues at such an age are to be expected but nothing really makes the decision, and dealing with the finality and emptiness in the wake of that decision, any easier. ***hugs***
    Last edited by easy cheesy; 03-11-2012 at 05:29 PM.

I'm really, really sorry to hear about your pup Zigs. Like Swede said, for many of us our pets are like family- hell forget "like family", the ARE family to me. I've been in your position before and decisions like this are very difficult on many levels. My last "go round" was with my 18 year old baby Jefferson. As you say health issues at such an age are to be expected but nothing really makes the decision, and dealing with the finality and emptiness in the wake of that decision, any easier. ***hugs***
    Thanks, Cheez. I just wish that when I did actually make the decision, I could have gotten an appointment to get it over with already. I got it set in my mind and have been second guessing it ever since. And then to be at the ER with folks who desperately did not want their young dogs put down, but who had no choice was so very sad.

Thanks, Cheez. I just wish that when I did actually make the decision, I could have gotten an appointment to get it over with already. I got it set in my mind and have been second guessing it ever since. And then to be at the ER with folks who desperately did not want their young dogs put down, but who had no choice was so very sad.
    I know Zigs...I do... Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way...

I want no part of a Heaven that would not let me see my favorite dogs again and yet somehow finds a place for Slapping Sister Cecelia, St Thomas More, 4th grade, 5'10", 150, left-handed 31-inch reach.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    I want no part of a Heaven that would not let me see my favorite dogs again and yet somehow finds a place for Slapping Sister Cecelia, St Thomas More, 4th grade, 5'10", 150, left-handed 31-inch reach.
    I see all that therapy was wasted
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

You think putting the dog down is hard, try burying one in a rock pile in the middle of winter.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial