Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: This man can hit ! LB Vontaze Burfict...The Meanest Man in College.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    He ran a 5.09 forty what more really needs to be said?

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post

So where is the disconnect here? All this talk about great closing speed, but even Harlan could run a 5.09 forty.

Good point, Nutzy. The really fat guy in Im Bruge was really pissed and mean, but he couldn't catch anyone.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The following statements are entirely uncontroversial:

1) Burfict flashed dominance in college in 2010, but was guilty of freelancing and had a lot of personal fouls called on him.
    2) Contrary to expectations, Burfict played terribly in 2011, and was repeatedly benched for it.
    3) At the combine, and at his pro day Burfict displayed athleticism that was far below what was expected or acceptable for a linebacker.
    4) Many reports have Burfict's interviews at the combine going very poorly.
    5) Overall, the arrow is pointing down.

It is not at all uncommon for a player to be highly rated before the college football season and end up falling precipitously (in terms of his draft stock) by the time the draft occurs. This is the other side to players really coming on in their last year of college ball and getting drafted highly. It's not just Burfict this has happened to. In Todd McShay's initial mock draft dated May 4, 2011 he had Donte Paige-Moss going 6th overall to the Cardinals. Currently Paige-Moss is not in McShay's top 150 (or so) and Rob Rang of CBS Sports has him as the 21st best DE, which puts him as a late round prospect.
    Last edited by Lurker64; 04-11-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    4) Many reports have Burfict's interviews at the combine going very poorly.
    from what i've seen and read, that would be putting it nicely

this is how my favorite draft site puts it.

from draft ace

http://draftace.com/blog/2012/01/11/...outing-report/

" At worst, he’s flat-out dirty; at best, he’s just plain stupid. Either way, Burfict is often a detriment to his team."

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Woody, I know you had a rough go around here recently but you aren't being very nice either for jumping all over Cheesehead Craig for stating his opinion.
    Mad here is the post your refer to and the post I'm responding to above it:

Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig
    I don't think he'd want to just play ST and be a backup. Just a train wreck mentally so I don't think he could handle it.

"You claim that he's 'a train wreck'. Have you met this man? Know anyone that your TRUST that has met him?
    Can you seperate 'fact' from fiction (rumor)? Help me out here as I want to know exactly what happened to this man in something less than 2 years.
    I'm assuming from your commentary that you have 'the inside scoop ' on Vontaze Burfect'.
    Enlighten me... 'us' please." woodbuck27

Mad:

Your position is that my post isn't nice. If that's the case I disagree. I've a side of me that I will not allow that certainly 'isn't nice'.

That post to Cheesehead Craig is nothing even remotely NOT vaild in terms of my interest in trying to learn something about this once highly touted prospect. My interest in Vontaze Burfict is now clearly centered on why? Why he's fallen from grace. Falllen in terms of his once lofty draft staus to possibly not being draftable.

The focus of this thread....... as I would enjoy seeing it. Isn't on any poster here. It certainly isn't on Cheesehead Craig or any other poster that can't contribute something entirely focused on the question.

Back to your concern Mad.

Is there really anything even remotely unmannerly in my post to Cheessehead Craig? Is my post outside of what's considered mannerly or ethical? Please?

Now look carefully at how members here post me. Do you have time for that? Be truly honest with yourself as you examine this to see if there's a difference in my manner of posting Vs some members here. Can you find the time?

There's the rub.

You don't have the time to deal with the CRAP that some members here choose to push onto this forum. It's posters like me that must deal with these clowns; go on hiatus or leave Packerrats permanantly.

How many good posters. People that really contribute have we lost because of these 'rotten attitude people' that love to gang up on a poster with their judgementle ridiculing insensative stinking ways.They smell shit and love it. They hang on the dirtiest street corners of Packerrats. These are the haters and the absolutely most ignorant and insulting posters we have here. These are the people that would stab you in the back so fast; your stupid if you turn sideways to them.

Those posters....create a monster out of really 'little to nothing'. Personally....I've never seen such a bunch of sissys... drama queens 'no CAPS'. These are the posters here that can dish it out; but for 'the sake of Job', don't ever come back with anything. You have to just take...take ...take it. Take their rotten manners and need to stir up trouble.

You have to wither like a caterpiller when these fellas piss on you. Ohh don't stand in for yourself. Ohh be Jaysus that's just not acceptable. That becomes a ... " Look at Woody ... the CRAZY Canuck."

Mad and all of you at Packerrats....I'm not crazy. I'm not even remotely close to not being able to handle this garbage these posters get away with here. Their IMO mostly out to lunch and incapable of understanding the real issues and how I'm tring my best to be a [positively contributing member. These fellas are salivating to get a few licks in on me and what does that amount to but pain for Packerrats.

I'm not suggesting that Cheesehead Craig is among that group. I don't name these posters as their obvious and 'only attract their kind. Am I a poster here that whines to you about anything? I take care of my own affairs Mad. I take em on one at a time and capably so. This latest barrage isn't any more challenging...hahaaha. (-:

RE: Cheeseheasd Craig:

If my response to him is one that could even remotely be judged by him and any other member of Packerrats as unkind or intimidating....they should be looking out the window of 'my house'. Maybe that member might try to deal with 'a sensativity issue'.

Time after time I have to deal with what is clearly defined as bullshit from where I come from from. Bullshit... innocuous claims against me from noone who's ever met me; but in the clearest sense are insults and FLAMES. I deal with that garbage. What makes me strong?

I clearly understand why they get away with forcing their CRAP down my throat. Why their behaviour is condoned.

Mad....You certainly know me. You know that they do NOT threaten me.

If my post to Cheesehead Craig affronts his ego. I recommend the following;

Being sensative is challenging. There are plenty of 'self help' books out there that are available to read and learn from.

Mad I'm sick of posters here coming to packerrats with litle more to offer this Green Bay Packer HOME. This NFL Team site with litel that's overall positive to contribute but derision, insults and stirr the pot sicko attitudes. I'm tired of posters unfamiliar with the way it has to be done criticizing what is done exactly right.

I'm really sick of the 'piss assed attitude' of any poater that can jump into a thread and try to command attention that's off topic. I realize some of us are guilty of that but lately it's become just ridiculous in terms of the extent of that lousy way of dealing with an issue.

As always I'm a member here that's totally prepared to do all I can to help make Packerrats GREAT.

What can I do....short of bending over and taking it up .................. ?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-11-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough. You have been treated wrong at times and I have admitted as much to you. But CC was just stating HIS OPINION on the topic. Was it backed up by an article? I guess not even though lots of sources say this dude is a POS. It was just his thoughts. That why we are here man. He didnt come crying to me, he even responded to you well IMO. I just hate to see things dissolve to the point where opinions are spit on. You know how it feels so why would you do it to someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Have YOU met him? Do YOU know "the TRUTH"?

I don't appreciate the talking down that you're doing. Does it make you feel like a big man? Go look at the mirror yourself and take a good look at what kind of person you're being here. What about your post was helpful to those here at Packerrats? Say something constructive or else get off my back. If you imagine that I'm impressed or intimidated by your CRAP... you're sadly mistaken.
    Cool man. I couldn't help notice some familiarity in your post and funny how the issue of plagerism is coming to the forefront here. Not a problem with me CC.

Then reading your post a couple of times. I realizse that you and I are exactly on the same page. Welcome aboard. I appreciate it man. Can you help keep this thread on task (TOPIC)? I really appreciate that.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    You don't take any time to consider why he ran that 5.09 40 yard dash? I want to know what happened to that man on that day Deputy Nutz. What has been happening to that man? I believe there's something for us to learn here centering on this once so highly touted prospect.

It's not enough for me to just read posts her likie...'Ohh he was crazy (went crazY) or insane or has Bi-Polor Disorder or Borderline Personality Disorder or has this or that mentle illness'. What are the facts concerning such claims or rumors
    RE: Vontaze Burfict Vs 'a reality'?

That's where I desire to have this thread focused. Thanks. (-:

GO PACKERS !

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Cool man. I couldn't help notice some familiarity in your post and funny how the issue of plagerism is coming to the forefront here. Not a problem with me CC.

Then reading your post a couple of times. I realizse that you and I are exactly on the same page. Welcome aboard. I appreciate it man. Can you help keep this thread on task (TOPIC)? I really appreciate that.
    I wasn't offended at all by your post. I just felt like quoting you and see if you would recognize it.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    As a matter of fact, I do know a guy - my cousin in New Jersey - who has a friend whose daughter attends Arizona State. Her roommate's best friend (who by the way is related to the Ben-Gals' Sarah Jones) dated Burfict a few times. It turns out he has a slight, pea-sized brain tumor, which presses on his medial-frontal cortex when he doesn't take his tumor-shrinking medication. This alone, however, does not account for his erratic behavior - or so his neurologist has apparently told him, at least according to the roommate's best friend. She also said even when on his meds, he would sometimes strip naked during a full moon and run the concrete steps at Sun Devil Stadium. She also said his penis flopped crazily around, glinting in the moonlight, and Burfict would curse like a sailor, swearing he was going to punch the student-assistant in the kidneys for not bringing him his water quickly enough during breaks and for not participating in the team sing-along after the first practice.

My cousin's friend's daughter's roommate's best friend also says that Burfict is as erratic in the back seat of a car as he is on a football field. Shooting off his mouth is not the only thing he does too quickly, she says.

So there ya go. The inside scoop.
    You had me at "penis flopped crazily around, glinting in the moonlight"
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Fair enough. You have been treated wrong at times and I have admitted as much to you. But CC was just stating HIS OPINION on the topic. Was it backed up by an article? I guess not even though lots of sources say this dude is a POS. It was just his thoughts. That why we are here man. He didnt come crying to me, he even responded to you well IMO. I just hate to see things dissolve to the point where opinions are spit on. You know how it feels so why would you do it to someone else?

I posted Cheesehead Craig with certain manners. Manners that should be acceptable. I do call him out in terms of his claims Vs Vontaze Burfict in respect to what CC has that supports his judgement on Vontaze Burfict. Is it your position Mad that it's not in good taste at Packerrats for me or any other poster here to request 'call out' another poster RE: backing him/herself up as concerns a stated position.

Must I simply accept all that any poster posts?

This isn't anything RE: ' Geee poor me ..I'm being mistreated.' I'm used to the CRAP Mad. I've always dealt with their CRAP. Sometimes posters here see it my way but I never ask anyone here to come to my aid. You know that's the TRUTH.

RE: Cheesehead Craig and any issue with me. I certianly don't ponder what he takes to you or not.

I react to the post Mad. Not 'the poster'. I can't even imagine many of us here at Packerrats is 'qualified' to make a mentle assessment of Vontaze Burfict. I have seen a post fron Fritz that is interesting and I'm trying to wade out to read it again without the fricken aligators chompin' at my ass.

Mad don't let this get to you. We'll work it out. Greater minds and well spirited peope will prevail.

See this should never come down to anything woodbuck27 Vs MadtownPacker. Tha's 'just what some here salivate' to get it to. Mad simply shuuusssshh them away.

Again and read my previous post. I do not imagine or infer that Chesehead Craig is one of them. The TRUTH now?

Don't alow them to get to you Mad. WE CAN WORK THIS OUT. We meaning 'Packerrats' and that is bigger than 'a pack of hooligans' and their never changing attitudes and self preserving ways.

Mad .Let's be just this way man............. c o o l. (-:

GO PACK GO !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I wasn't offended at all by your post. I just felt like quoting you and see if you would recognize it.
    Yes well I knw who i am. I certainly recall what I write when I wrote it not so long ago. (-:

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    this is how my favorite draft site puts it.

from draft ace

http://draftace.com/blog/2012/01/11/...outing-report/

" At worst, he’s flat-out dirty; at best, he’s just plain stupid. Either way, Burfict is often a detriment to his team."
    Thanks red. I'm a little tied up here but look forward to reading that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    As a matter of fact, I do know a guy - my cousin in New Jersey - who has a friend whose daughter attends Arizona State. Her roommate's best friend (who by the way is related to the Ben-Gals' Sarah Jones) dated Burfict a few times. It turns out he has a slight, pea-sized brain tumor, which presses on his medial-frontal cortex when he doesn't take his tumor-shrinking medication. This alone, however, does not account for his erratic behavior - or so his neurologist has apparently told him, at least according to the roommate's best friend. She also said even when on his meds, he would sometimes strip naked during a full moon and run the concrete steps at Sun Devil Stadium. She also said his penis flopped crazily around, glinting in the moonlight, and Burfict would curse like a sailor, swearing he was going to punch the student-assistant in the kidneys for not bringing him his water quickly enough during breaks and for not participating in the team sing-along after the first practice.

My cousin's friend's daughter's roommate's best friend also says that Burfict is as erratic in the back seat of a car as he is on a football field. Shooting off his mouth is not the only thing he does too quickly, she says.

So there ya go. The inside scoop.

All 'Righty Then' I recomment that we hire Jim Carey to investigate this story for verification.

Mad ..... do we have 'the $ funds $'? Jim doesn't come cheap. He's Canadian.

Hey Mad it's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWWMO...endscreen&NR=1

You cannot 'ever' put 'a good man' down. (-:

woodbuck27..... My name is Ed.

GO PACK GO !

Mad and all of you at Packerrats....I'm not crazy.

I don't need to read a Scott Campbell post. I can easily imagine it's lack of genuine wit and decency. It's 'low life' attempt at humour at another person's expense.

I always feel sad for Scott Campbell. He can never get his gun clear of his holster.

'Damn! Shot myself in the foot again' ...Scott Campbell.

Scott Campbell again demonstrates his sparse wisdom combined with a weakened state of constitution to demonstrate just what 'Public Relations' isn't.

Scott Campbell always reminding me of 'a lesser form of the pesky black fly' we often 'spit out' up here in Canada.

You cannot ignore em....when their around and they will always be around.

SO YOU 'just' IGNORE HIM.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-11-2012 at 10:50 PM.

I don't need to read a Scott Campbell post. I can easily imagine it's lack of genuine wit and decency. It's 'low life' attempt at humour at another person's expense.

I always feel sad for Scott Campbell. He can never get his gun clear of his holster.

'Damn! Shot myself in the foot again' ...Scott Campbell.

Scott Campbell again demonstrates his sparse wisdom combined with a weakened state of constitution to demonstrate just what 'Public Relations' isn't.

Scott Campbell always reminding me of 'a lesser form of the pesky black fly' we often 'spit out' up here in Canada.

You cannot ignore em....when their around and they will always be around.

SO YOU 'just' IGNORE HIM.

Nice job!