Page 461 of 563 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 459 460 461 462 463 471 511 561 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,220 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yes he could, it's called a 10 year $100,000,000 contract thru 2010. TT got to decide exactly where BF played. If BF wanted to retire that was his personal choice. If he didn't want to retire it was TT choice until he released BF from the contract or traded BF to another team.
    TT made a $20 million$ offer (might ne considered a bribe?) to retire a Green Bay Packer. By doing that he was doing all he could to ensure that Favre never played again and that he would never have to contend with Brett Favre the opponent.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    TT didn't make that offer, Murphy did.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Actually they needed the cap space, and had to cut him before the draft. If Favre was going to play he would have gotten to Minnesota a little bit earlier than the 3rd preseason game. The Jets would have been fools to hold on to Favre's contract, he was old and hurt, and couldn't play unless he had surgery on his bicep. You are telling me that you were gonna pay Favre 15 million dollars after he fell apart at the end of the season and damaged his throwing arm in the process?

Don't act like Bus Cook came out of no where, he was Favre's agent, of course he is going to act in his clients best interest.

The TRUTH of Favre Vs Ted Thompson and or Mike McCarthy is with the Brett Favre and NY Jets history. I refer to 'football related' history.

What happened RE: Brett Favre immediately after the final game of the 2008 season? It's right there ThunderDan.

After that season Brett Favre informed the NY Jets 'clearly'... to not consider that he would be their QB in the 2009 season. That it would be prudent to consider another QB for their starting position in the 2009 season.

We might speculate why Brett Favre took that position but rather than that... let's look at that facts;

Yes RE: Deputy Nutz's post.

As you may recall the New York Jets 'collapsed in the 2008 season's end'... going 1-5 down the stretch to lose the final game and miss what lookd like a sure playoff position after 10-11 games and following a 4-12 finish in 2007. This collapse was puzzling as Brett Favre was on FIRE in that seasons first ten games. For about a month that season Brett Favre looked like the best QB in the NFL. Then the floor collapsed.

It was revealed at seasons end 'in fact ... as was suspected', that Brett Favre was injured. inspite of that injury he was penciled in as the Jets starting QB and all to no avail. The New York Jets, collapse. For that the Jets HC was fined by the NFL HO.

Maybe alot of that may have contributed to Brett Favre and his solemn advice to the New York Jets for which he was appreciative of the opportunity to lead. It was clear that Brett Favre by his own volition was finished as a New York Jet. He was disappointed and hurting physically.

Can you NOT imagine he might have felt his career was finally at an end?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

TT didn't make that offer, Murphy did.
    OK.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    If I jumped down every members throat here for having a position or opinion different from mine. I would be one angry ass'd man Mad. I do not get that way as I know I'm generally right. My positions...solid. If you imagine that gives me certain satisfaction ... your wrong.

I'm actually incredulous to the ignorance of some here. That's what makes the earth spin.

Inspite of that I post by far with manners with decency even if I can't agree with some here.

Considered 'my manners' in an objective sense Mad:

I'm a true gentleman here and by far overall a solid support for you and Packerrats. I know there's alot of heat on you 'to piss all over me'. I understand the heat on you by members here that I can 'only try my very best' to respect.

We both have a true test.

I can meet mine. (-:
    I dont recall asking your opinion. So stick to the topic even if arguing about some shit from 3 years ago is a waste of time (my opinion only). Just dont forget that you ONLY speak for yourself, not PackerRats or any other poster here.

Did the Packers offer 'an olive branch'? Has that offer been made concretely?

I do not see it that way Pugger.
    I guess I thought this was an olive branch of sorts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...favres-number-

This true and fase post though I appreciate the effort put forth in it is moot and off topic.

ThunderDan...Focus please on the status of Brett Favre Vs TT and MM... 'in terms of continued bad feeling' or NOT.

I assure you. To go on trying to establish that Favre has such bad feelings is a losing position ThunderDan. I'll advise you further.

Maybe? consider this Thunderdan.

It's not self gratifying when I certainly know I can back myself up. It might just be easier for you to save face by standing down. Your position 'will lose' for you.

I've been a teacher most of my life. A good teacher ensures that the student puts in the necessary effort towords arriving at the correct answer / response / TRUTH. The window of time to arrive at that TRUTH is from AQugust 2008 untill well today. fill your boots.

Find the TRUTH and don't expect me to spoon feed you that TRUTH. Are you familiar at all with martial arts? My way and methods are much derived from that.

I won't give to you what I worked so hard to find.
    I doubt we'll ever know the complete truth until someone writes a tell all book. I hope someone does!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Sorry, woodbuck but that highlighted statement is a complete and utter bold faced lie!

As the GM of the GB Packers, TT's job was to "control" all of the players under contract with the GB Packers.

If TT would have released BF with no compensation I would have been on board with demanding TT's resignation.

The job of the GM is to make their team as competitive as possible in the NFL and releasing players for no compensation and letting them go to a divisional foe is complete mismanagement by a GM.

I agree. It would have been a stupid business decision to just let an asset - Favre - go for nothing. It would have been a nice gesture but only loser franchises do that. Remember when Miami let Pendington go and he signed with the Jets? All Chad did was come back to haunt the Dolphins by coming back to south Florida in the playoffs and knocking them out of the playoffs. Last I heard Miami is still searching for a QB.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    I am a tough guy. Tough guys don't wear jackets, just really bad ass Affliction T-shirts.
    Repped.
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I doubt we'll ever know the complete truth until someone writes a tell all book. I hope someone does!
    I think Favre has said as much as he is going to say. He gave a pretty detailed interview with Mens' Health a while back during the summer of 2010, before all the sexting stuff happened. He didn't throw anyone under the bus or anything. Detailed some of the process when he came back to Green Bay in the summer of 2008. Favre has lost the battle for Green Bay Packer fans. Take a poll around here and I think that will prove my point. Someone already said that he would boo during the retirement of his jersey presentation. Nothing Favre says is going to alter the perspective of Packer Fan.

Thompson is never going to say anything. The only one that I could see really getting into it would be McCarthy when he is done as coach.

I think Favre has said as much as he is going to say. He gave a pretty detailed interview with Mens' Health a while back during the summer of 2010, before all the sexting stuff happened. He didn't throw anyone under the bus or anything. Detailed some of the process when he came back to Green Bay in the summer of 2008. Favre has lost the battle for Green Bay Packer fans. Take a poll around here and I think that will prove my point. Someone already said that he would boo during the retirement of his jersey presentation. Nothing Favre says is going to alter the perspective of Packer Fan.

Thompson is never going to say anything. The only one that I could see really getting into it would be McCarthy when he is done as coach.
    No, there's a ton he could do to change my mind about him. He could say he was sorry about how everything turned out instead of saying that if you're a "real" packer fan, you'd support him. He could do an interview and actually praise the packers organization. I'll admit he's done that once, maybe twice since he's retired, but they're always one liners and most of the time whenever he's back in the news, it's about him sticking it to the pack - giving the lions hints, Saying he was surprised Rodgers hadn't won a Super Bowl earlier, although I'm not sure if that's a complement, I suppose you could take that one either way. One thing that he did that mended a bit of the fence for me was when he was chatting with the Army Reservists when they were training in Missouri before they deployed. That's frickin awesome. As of now though, in my opinion he hasn't done enough. I think time and a couple well placed comments will turn me around. I also think that there's some fans out there that will really hate him until the end, but there's nothing you can do about that. He played for the vikings just to get us and he beat the shit out of us when he played us. That's the thing rivalries are made of.

It's just like Holgrem. I hated him when he left after we lost the big game for Seattle. I found a way to blame everything on him and I just sort of stewed in it for years. Then I started seeing those NFL Films "behind the games" kind of shows and they had a few about the Pack. Specifically the super bowl in 96, I listened to MH talk about how awesome the whole team was. He talked about Brett like he was his son and he talked about Reggie like he was the best DE he'd ever seen. He talked about how great the fans were in Green Bay and what a great town it was and under so much praise, I had a hard time remembering why I was so mad at him. Yeah, you can go on about the things he did wrong - and there was a ton of things he did wrong on his way out - but he fixed it with those few interviews.

Are we still going over this fucking thing? It's amazing how there can be experts on something with they are only fed information from the media.

The first person here who can claim they were working in the Packers front office during the time can say what they think is fact. Everyone else is arguing conjecture, here say, and down right idiocy.

Let this shit be in the past where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Are we still going over this fucking thing? It's amazing how there can be experts on something with they are only fed information from the media.

The first person here who can claim they were working in the Packers front office during the time can say what they think is fact. Everyone else is arguing conjecture, here say, and down right idiocy.

Let this shit be in the past where it belongs.
    But... but... it's so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    No, there's a ton he could do to change my mind about him. He could say he was sorry about how everything turned out instead of saying that if you're a "real" packer fan, you'd support him. He could do an interview and actually praise the packers organization. I'll admit he's done that once, maybe twice since he's retired, but they're always one liners and most of the time whenever he's back in the news, it's about him sticking it to the pack - giving the lions hints, Saying he was surprised Rodgers hadn't won a Super Bowl earlier, although I'm not sure if that's a complement, I suppose you could take that one either way. One thing that he did that mended a bit of the fence for me was when he was chatting with the Army Reservists when they were training in Missouri before they deployed. That's frickin awesome. As of now though, in my opinion he hasn't done enough. I think time and a couple well placed comments will turn me around. I also think that there's some fans out there that will really hate him until the end, but there's nothing you can do about that. He played for the vikings just to get us and he beat the shit out of us when he played us. That's the thing rivalries are made of.

It's just like Holgrem. I hated him when he left after we lost the big game for Seattle. I found a way to blame everything on him and I just sort of stewed in it for years. Then I started seeing those NFL Films "behind the games" kind of shows and they had a few about the Pack. Specifically the super bowl in 96, I listened to MH talk about how awesome the whole team was. He talked about Brett like he was his son and he talked about Reggie like he was the best DE he'd ever seen. He talked about how great the fans were in Green Bay and what a great town it was and under so much praise, I had a hard time remembering why I was so mad at him. Yeah, you can go on about the things he did wrong - and there was a ton of things he did wrong on his way out - but he fixed it with those few interviews.
    So he has to apologize, and beg for your acceptance, and praise the Packers for how awesome they are. Forget about all the games he won and all the excitement he brought to the fans when he actually played for the Packers, none of that actually counts for anything anymore.
    Take a step back and recognize that this is only professional football. This isn't your career or your family, you are a fan and take it for what it is. Entertainment for 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Red face

I can't believe people still think that Favre has some giant secret on how the Packers screwed him but that he is only keeping it to himself.

Yes, the guy who went on Greta and was going to set the story straight and tell all about how he had been wronged. What were his complaints? That he couldn't play GM. That TT wouldn't sign Moss or bring in Mooch as coach. Boo fucking hoo.

The guy who had his family members speaking to the press for him. The guy who called the Lions out of nowhere to provide them with info about the Packers in hopes the Packers would lose. The same guy who told Urlacher "good luck and now go beat the Packers." The same guy whose family booked a block of 30 hotel rooms in April 2009 for the Packers-Vikings game that coming November, while he was still a member of the Jets.

Yes, I'm sure Favre has all kinds of dirt on MM and TT. He must just be too classy to make it public
    Go PACK

He doesn't have to apologize. He's a grown man and can do what he wants...but it would help.

I appreciated, and still appreciate, the time he put in to help the Packers. I did not appreciate his time put in to try to stick it to the Packers. Different people weigh those two things differently and come to their own personal opinions. No opinion is entirely wrong; no opinion is entirely right. For me, I have no problem honoring him for his time on the field (by retiring his number, etc.); but that doesn't mean I will defend when someone mentions the crap he pulled.

The sooner people on both sides stop trying to defend their position as if they could prove themselves right and others wrong, the better.

So he has to apologize, and beg for your acceptance, and praise the Packers for how awesome they are. Forget about all the games he won and all the excitement he brought to the fans when he actually played for the Packers, none of that actually counts for anything anymore.
    Take a step back and recognize that this is only professional football. This isn't your career or your family, you are a fan and take it for what it is. Entertainment for 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon.
    If he would let me have sex with his wife, that would go a long way toward helping me feel better about him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wow yall are losers! Three years later and we are still talking about this? We have a super bowl trophy, MVP at QB, and Farve showed exactly why we had to let him go in the playoff game against the Saints. You Farve lovers were wrong, TT was right... let's move on!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If he would let me have sex with his wife, that would go a long way toward helping me feel better about him.
    If he let Fritz do this, I would also feel better about him. Should we get a petition going?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    If he let Fritz do this, I would also feel better about him. Should we get a petition going?
    Feel better about Fritz or Favre?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!