Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
If he were to run out of bounds its a waste. If he were to throw the ball away its a waste. If he gets sacked trying to extend the play to get a higher percentage pass that's too greedy if anything. That's reasoning that he'll always be able to fire off a 50/50 ball and flying too close to the sun while trying to get something better.

I actually don't think any of these situations are what set Rodgers apart though. These situations would be memorable and I can't recall any. My guess is that he'll make a guy try for a circus catch on the sideline or rely on a WR's yards after the catch in situations where Manning, Brees, and Brady would throw a contested ball. Something like that.
He did throw some very tightly contested balls in the Super Bowl, esp. that one to Jennings where I still cannot believe Polamalu didn't take Greg's head off (post route into a deep Cover 2).

I think we see two repeated patterns late when he could actively make a different choice;

1. Short throw to back. I understand he might not trust Lacy and Starks hands, but sometimes someone else has to make a play.

2. Contested ball. Perhaps not as true of Nelson as it used to be (especially along sidelines) but Driver and Jones weren't bad at them.