Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach Exit Watch - Five NFL head coaches who will be fired. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Why does John Fox in Chicago not scare me?
    Fox is a solid, if not elite coach, and a clear upgrade over Trestman. He's taken 2 teams to Super Bowls. Yes, he had Manning last year, but he did it with Jake Delhomme as his QB in Carolina. That said, the Bears have a lot of problems. He will have a chance for some success there only if the new GM knows what he is doing.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Fox is a solid, if not elite coach, and a clear upgrade over Trestman.
    Ryan Pace comes from a pretty successful run in N.O (2002 to present, in control of pro personnel and then scouting the last few years). I anticipate a pretty effective and stable tenure there for Pace and Fox. Rats!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Yes it looks like John Fox 'a winner overall' will be the next Chicago Bears HC.

It's being reported that John Fox might select Kyle Shanahan as his OC. Kyle Shanahan looks like a good choice to work with Jay Cutler.

Evidently in some cases in the NFL QB's still run the show.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

John Fox might select Kyle Shanahan as his OC.
    If so, Fox ain't as smart as I gave him credit for.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ryan Pace comes from a pretty successful run in N.O (2002 to present, in control of pro personnel and then scouting the last few years). I anticipate a pretty effective and stable tenure there for Pace and Fox. Rats!
    He has, for the most part, been a good coach at getting a team back to competence (.500). He helped stabilize Denver's defense, though I suspect that he and JDR were both pretty chafed by Elway signing a bunch of names on defense and dropping them into their laps. Defenses (and teams) are best built, not bought, and Chicago's defense is just about out of parts. Kyle Fuller looks like a player, but they have a lot of work to do. His (and Pace's) first year are going to be spent re-stocking and rebuilding the defense to even move that unit back into the 15-20 range.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If so, Fox ain't as smart as I gave him credit for.
    Mike Shannahan was the guy who picked Cutler originally as the next franchise QB of the Broncos. That's partly a reason this makes sense... Kyle wants to start what his old man started and might have been wily enough to talk his way in to the job.

I'm glad Fox is going to Chicago. A worthy opponent is so much better than what they've produced recently.

Still needs to solve that QB issue, though.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I'm glad Fox is going to Chicago. A worthy opponent is so much better than what they've produced recently.

Still needs to solve that QB issue, though.
    I hear what you're saying, but one of my lifetime fan goals was to see the Packers even the series. The more dysfunctional the Bears the more likely it will happen. But it always feels better to beat a decent foe (2010).

After years of ol george cumby saying he was going to be in the playoffs, only to find out he'd bought tickets, I'm not really anxious to entertain thoughts of Bears domination.

Domination? Shit. Fox is a good coach, not a great one. We still own them. It just won't be a guaranteed thing.

The Bears officially sign John Fox - http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...ach-story.html

I haven't seen the Chicago media and fan base this excited since.....the Jay Cutler signing.

Meanwhile, back on the farm...

Garrett gets a 5yr extension, based on making the playoffs for the first time, on the back of two guys who will get MVP votes, after several years of going 8-8.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Fox is a good defensive coach. He got a HOF QB in Denver that would make anyone look good, so I'm not fully sold on him being a "winner coach". He was hot and cold in Carolina. Unless Jay stops being Jay, I don't see much difference than when Lovie was in Chi and the same pattern will emerge for Fox like in Carolina. A good year followed by a crappy one, then a good year, then 2 crappy ones. Chicago is a lot more of a building project than Denver was.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Fox is the guy you hire to right the ship and get some stability back after an out-of-the-box hire.

Fox is an upgrade as a coach, but they need help all over the place in Chicago. O-line and defense need major upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    He has, for the most part, been a good coach at getting a team back to competence (.500). He helped stabilize Denver's defense, though I suspect that he and JDR were both pretty chafed by Elway signing a bunch of names on defense and dropping them into their laps. Defenses (and teams) are best built, not bought, and Chicago's defense is just about out of parts. Kyle Fuller looks like a player, but they have a lot of work to do. His (and Pace's) first year are going to be spent re-stocking and rebuilding the defense to even move that unit back into the 15-20 range.
    I thought the defensive signings worked pretty well? Pass rush seemed to disappear at times at the end of the year, and losing Dumervillhe was an unforced error.

But I just read that DRC and a couple of scrap head Jags actually helped quite a bit after last season's conflagration in the Super Bowl.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    ^^^ where IS Chilly these days? I miss the good times.
    On March 28, 2013, it was announced that Brad Childress would become the new "spread game analyst" for the team.

I believe that's his current position with the Kansas City Chiefs.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-jets-staff/

Todd Bowles brings Mike Caldwell with him to Jets staff

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 16, 2015, 7:46 PM EST

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 60m60 minutes ago
    Bears requested permission to interview former 49ers DC Vic Fangio, per source.

I am beginning to believe Fox arranged his exit in Denver due to doubts about long term future with a shorter term contract. His agent might have known Atlanta and Chicago were interested.

In Chicago, rebuilding is happening, he enters it with a five year deal and knows he needs a new QB. In Denver, rebuilding might start this year, and he might need a new QB but won't know until March at the earliest.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eph-interview/

Broncos confirm Vance Joseph interview

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 16, 2015, 6:30 PM EST

Note:

The Broncos are reportedly set to interview Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak as their HC.

Vance Joseph was a member of the Texans’ coaching staff for Kubiak’s final three seasons as Houston’s head coach.

The interview of Joseph comes one day after the Broncos’ meeting with offensive coordinator Adam Gase.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In Denver, rebuilding might start this year, and he might need a new QB but won't know until March at the earliest.
    Especially if Manning starts crying at a retirement press conference.