Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bryan Bulaga Signs With Packers

Spotrac has Packers with 25 million cap space. Which means TT ain't done if TWill signs elsewhere. If TWill signs with the Packers, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a front-loaded deal.

spotrac now has them at about 22 million after bulagas contract

we are in great shape for next year, with no other big time upcoming free agents

what to do with 22 million

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He's back!

Rats. I tried to copy this to use as an avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Bulaga's contract details:

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky · 17m 17 minutes ago
    Bryan Bulaga got an $8 million signing bonus as part of the five-year, $33.75 million deal with the #Packers. Cap number for 2015: $3.6M

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky · 14m 14 minutes ago
    Bulaga ranks 24th among all tackles in average salary per year ($6.75M). #Packers

So it ends up being 5 years for less than $34 million? Sounds like a very good deal for the team.

That's also pretty low on the guarantee, too!

Bring back T-Will! As ugly as my final memory of him is from that damn game, he'd be a good addition for the next two years, while the Packers draft his replacement.

I don't see Hayward or Hyde as his replacement, at all.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    That's also pretty low on the guarantee, too!
    He got half of what some other starters got upfront. Though he is only a year away from another $2.25 mil bonus.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...296010801.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bring back T-Will! As ugly as my final memory of him is from that damn game, he'd be a good addition for the next two years, while the Packers draft his replacement.

I don't see Hayward or Hyde as his replacement, at all.
    I'm not sure about that. Their styles are different but don't forget, Hayward was the best slot corner in the league his rookie year before getting injured his second year. Williams has better jumping ability but his high point is getting lower. Hayward has better change of direction and he has yet to hit his peak. Williams peaked and is on the way down.

Don't get me wrong... I'd love to see TWill resigned but I don't think it will hurt the defense considerably if he is not. In fact, it could push Hayward into his chance to really flourish as a starter.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I usually think of Hayward as not having outside speed, but he was 4.47 and Twill was 4.59. Haven't seen much of Hayward outside due to injury and seniority, so maybe it's just a matter of playing time. It seems the Packers are comfortable with where they are, so it must have something to do with Hayward, because Hyde isn't that guy.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I usually think of Hayward as not having outside speed, but he was 4.47 and Twill was 4.59. Haven't seen much of Hayward outside due to injury and seniority, so maybe it's just a matter of playing time. It seems the Packers are comfortable with where they are, so it must have something to do with Hayward, because Hyde isn't that guy.
    good call. With Heyward's ball skills I think they're willing to take their chances here. Williams has to be leaning back to the Pack at this point. Clearly he's not getting what he wants out there or he'd have signed somewhere. It's hard for me to see someone stepping up with anything much more than what Ted's offered at this point, and if Tramon's gonna sign a team friendly deal, it's not gonna be with anyone with a better chance of winning than Green Bay.

What happened to Seattle going hard after Williams? McGinn strikes again. A puppet willing to print anything the puppet masters feed him that he can get a headline and some views out of.
    Last edited by vince; 03-13-2015 at 12:47 AM.