Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
TE is a good point of reference here. While Thompson did select one ILB high (Hawk) that was a no brainer top 10 pick. He doesn't often take ILB or TEs in the first two rounds.

So while he still has a major hole at ILB (dime linebacker at least unless you think Joe Thomas can do it), he filled a hole with Cook at TE.

So I doubt its TE in first two rounds for the Packers. And only slightly more likely would be ILB, mainly because of the chance Ragland is there with a first round grade at a position of need while other high graded pass rushers will be available in Round 2.
I don't really care who the Packers take. My point is recognizing position depth in the draft and being able to wait or pull the trigger based on a tiered system. It's not about needing a TE or ILB. It is where you can get the best value for positions. No one can tell if if Cory Coleman is going to be better than Josh Doctson in the NFL, but you can estimate that they can compare. So you are happy with either one of those guys, but you do know that their is a drastic difference between Nick Vannett and Hunter Henry. You want to be able to close out a tier, not start the run on a new tier.