Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Either he was the highest rated on the board, thus no interest in trading down. Or they wanted a NT is the worst way since Raji left. And the best guy for the job was still there at 27.

By this reasoning he could be Harrell or A-Rod.

Exactly. While I do wish Ted could have and would have made the trade with Denver that Seattle did, I will never know if he had the chance to do so, though the fact the Cowboys were in the game too, from what I understand, suggests that there was some competition for Lynch and the likelihood is then that Denver knew it would have to move ahead of the Cowboys and so went up to Seattle.

So it seems unlikely the Packers could've swapped #27 to Denver for #31 plus a third. I wish they could've made a swap, got an extra pick, and maybe still have gotten Clark.

But none of us know how good Clark will be. Not me, not you, not Patler nor Wist nor Ted (maybe especially Ted?).

I hope the guy is an anchor in the middle for the next ten years. I'm not jumping for joy, but I've learned not to get too disappointed, either. Last year I had no idea who Randall was and I was not too excited, but after a year it looks like the guy is a starting caliber NFL corner and maybe better than that.

We'll see.