Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: extending adams...

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Ok, so very rough math here

It’s an 18 million dollar signing bonus he gets right now. Because it’s an extension. That 18 million is spread out over 5 years not 4. Which will bring the overall cap number down somewhat

So 3.6 million get thrown on this years cap, leaving us with what amounts to a 4 year deal worth about 13.6 million a year

Next year he will count at least 4.5 million against the cap, and I’m guessing more cause Green Bay doesn’t do a ton of backloading.

My guess would be

This year. 3.6 pro rated signing bonus plus whatever his salary was

Year 1 . 3.6 pro rated 6 million salary 9.6 cap
    Year 2. 3.6 pro rated 10 million salary 13.6 cap
    Year 3. 3.6 12 million salary 15.6 cap
    Year 4. 3.6 12 salary. 15.6 cap
    I wasn’t too far off, Florio says he will receive 32 million over the first 2 years, I had him making 34 with the above numbers. So those cap numbers should be pretty close, give or take a million each year

This makes him the 4th highest paid wr in the nfl, based on average per yer

Ahead of Julio Jones

We really love to vastly overpay our own
    Once the bigger name WRs get extensions Davante's will look like a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Next up - A. Rodgers and Linsley
    One down. One to go.

Perhaps Burnett should be in this group as well?

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I'm good with this. As mentioned, he was the only guy who still performed with Brett freaking Hundley throwing the ball around.
    Yeah, that alone makes him a #1 WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    One down. One to go.

Let him walk

This makes him the 4th highest paid wr in the nfl, based on average per yer

Ahead of Julio Jones

We really love to vastly overpay our own
    Yet if we let him get to FA (like Lang) and someone offered him 4yrs for $60million you would bitch at TT for letting him hit FA.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Solid centers are a dime a dozen, let Linsley walk. This said sarcastically as it has taken the mighty ted how many years to get a decent center?
    I can only think of one short stint where we struggled at center. TT has drafted/developed 3 starting centers currently in NFL.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I can only think of one short stint where we struggled at center. TT has drafted/developed 3 starting centers currently in NFL.
    The truth will set you free.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    C'mon TeX. Was Luck better than Rodgers? Is Stafford? This is the NFL. Next man up gets more money. Cobb and Nelson got 10 mil per 3 years ago. The cap has increased the last 3 years. And at 13-14 mil per year for a younger player with a higher ceilung? Not to mention Alshon Jefferies just signed 4 years for 52. Id take Davante over Alshon. And he's 2 years younger.
    Yes, but you could say that's the point. The loser teams pay Rodgers money for Flacco or Luck or Stafford - and in most cases, regret it later. Are we glad in hindsight that the Packers paid that much to Nelson and Cobb? Could we maybe have combined that money and gotten a real superstar like Julio Jones or A.J. Green - I'd take one of them over the two we had any day. The comparison isn't Jeffries; It's whoever is the best FA WR coming available this year or next.

What I really want is for Ted to sign Jimmy Graham. I hope breaking the bank on Adams doesn't prevent that.

On a positive note, though, Aaron Rodgers supposedly wanted Adams re-signed - sooner rather than later. I just hope he wants Graham also, and communicates that.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Yes, but you could say that's the point. The loser teams pay Rodgers money for Flacco or Luck or Stafford - and in most cases, regret it later. Are we glad in hindsight that the Packers paid that much to Nelson and Cobb? Could we maybe have combined that money and gotten a real superstar like Julio Jones or A.J. Green - I'd take one of them over the two we had any day. The comparison isn't Jeffries; It's whoever is the best FA WR coming available this year or next.

What I really want is for Ted to sign Jimmy Graham. I hope breaking the bank on Adams doesn't prevent that.

On a positive note, though, Aaron Rodgers supposedly wanted Adams re-signed - sooner rather than later. I just hope he wants Graham also, and communicates that.
    You don’t think Sea will tag Graham and let him just walk in FA. The GM must be a TT disciple letting “good” players walk in FA.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    You don’t think Sea will tag Graham and let him just walk in FA. The GM must be a TT disciple letting “good” players walk in FA.
    They might tag him; I read one story that they will likely let him try free agency. Their GM in fact IS a TT disciple, right? Getting a star quality TE for Rodgers to throw to would do wonders for the Packers. There are a few other good ones around, but Kelce - who ain't available now - is the only other star quality I can think of. And TEs tend to last longer than WRs or some other positions - e.g. Tony Gonzales, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

the going rate is the going rate. you pay it or pay the franchise tag price which kills you (see kirk cousins) or even worse lose that player. cobb and nelson have been great with rodgers on the field. julio and green were resigned early like adams was. they were never going to be allowed to hit free agency.

graham is interesting. we should kick that tire.
    Last edited by gbgary; 12-30-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the going rate is the going rate. you pay it or pay the franchise tag price which kills you (see kirk cousins) or even worse lose that player. cobb and nelson have been great with rodgers on the field. julio and green were resigned early like adams was. they were never going to be allowed to hit free agency.
    This is usually true. I'd amend it by saying that difference makers will never be allowed to leave until their 3rd or 4th contract, making them over 30 years old. The old saying that "you'd rather let a player leave a year too soon rather than a year too late" is very true. The biggest exception to this rule is the difference making RB that may not make it to his 2nd contract because of shelf life.

One down. One to go.

3rd contract...much iffier.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    This is usually true. I'd amend it by saying that difference makers will never be allowed to leave until their 3rd or 4th contract, making them over 30 years old. The old saying that "you'd rather let a player leave a year too soon rather than a year too late" is very true. The biggest exception to this rule is the difference making RB that may not make it to his 2nd contract because of shelf life.
    true. tex was referencing jones/green's first contract extensions so that what i was referencing. when their next extensions come up we'll see what atl and cin decide to do. at this point i can't imagine they'll be allowed to go then either. they both two years left.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Correct, but he usually lets them walk.

Let him walk
    I donno. The communication on defense is better when he is back there. If we get a new DC - god willing - his leadership would be welcome.

I donno. The communication on defense is better when he is back there. If we get a new DC - god willing - his leadership would be welcome.
    He’s been back there all year and the last and the last

The communication with him is bad

Let him walk
    If there is a new DC, Burnett will be a probowler.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

He’s been back there all year and the last and the last

The communication with him is bad
    He missed a couple games this year and it showed. They are bad with him and worse without him. Jones is a tough tackling moron. If he gets astronomically smarter between now and August you can let him go. That’s a pretty big if.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.