Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Playoffs

Why is Steve Austin wearing Dad pants?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Why is Steve Austin wearing Dad pants?
    so he can run faster in slow motion?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Unless the current rules about not hitting a defenseless receiver in the head/neck area are why he went low. Just guessing.
    I read that’s what he said. He didn’t want to get flagged for defenseless receiver and went low and inside to keep him in bounds and he completely whiffed.

I still don't get what with 10 seconds left the d-backs don't just hold like crazy if they let anyone past them. At worst they get a five yard penalty and an untimed down. Same with interference on anything short. Then there's no choice but to throw the hail mary - no chance for a FG.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I still don't get what with 10 seconds left the d-backs don't just hold like crazy if they let anyone past them. At worst they get a five yard penalty and an untimed down. Same with interference on anything short. Then there's no choice but to throw the hail mary - no chance for a FG.
    Defensive holding wouldn't have been the worst thing to do but couldn't interference put them in FG range and even if there was no time left on the clock there would still have been an untimed down for MN to kick it?

Like I said interference could happen only on short stuff. But just grab if your guy gets by you.

Still the rule is to be more aggressive because refs don’t want to decide games. Belichickism.

Lol. Kudos to both photoshop jobs.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I don't understand why going low means lower than his feet. I think that excuse doesn't wash.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The New England Patriots listed Brady as questionable to play against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Sunday's AFC Championship Game because of a hand injury.

A source close to the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport that Brady suffered a cut to his right thumb during Wednesday's practice. The cut was gushing blood and required stitches, per Rapoport.

After not practicing Thursday, Brady was limited Friday. A source told Rapoport that Brady was "zinging it pretty good" during the session.

Brady wouldn't talk about the injury during Friday's news conference, giving only short, clipped answers about his status. The Patriots quarterback mostly vacillated between "I'm not talking about it" (when asked about his hand), and "we'll see" (when queried about his status). Brady also wore gloves on both hands during the entire media session.
    Not sure if Brady ever plays with a glove. A cut that required stitches has to be protected. I'm sure he'll start, but a problem with a thumb can make throwing more difficult.

Brady no glove, partial love. FG on first drive where they went down the field in small chunks with one 4th down conversion.

Hard to say if affecting him, didn't look like it on throws or handoff. Romo said he thought it was more shotgun than normal, but its early.

Jags got to Brady just once.

Brady no glove, partial love. FG on first drive where they went down the field in small chunks with one 4th down conversion.

Hard to say if affecting him, didn't look like it on throws or handoff. Romo said he thought it was more shotgun than normal, but its early.

Jags got to Brady just once.

Jags are getting after them big time.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Jax offense looking good.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Jags are getting after them big time.
    True, but never count Brady and hoody out.

Odd though that a team with a great defense and running game can look this good. It's the anti stubby way and that can't work.

Good thing for Spectrum here in Wausau Packers aren't playing. Cable still out. Internet was out but is back.

They’ve hit Tommy a few times now after a throw. If they can get away with it, might aggravate injury.

They have schemed themselves a passing game versus 8 in a box. We’ll see if it holds up

They’ve hit Tommy a few times now after a throw. If they can get away with it, might aggravate injury.

They have schemed themselves a passing game versus 8 in a box. We’ll see if it holds up
    Haven't seen anything I would consider a foul. They haven't been hitting him late.

Evidently the Jags can mug the Pats receivers today without any danger of a flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Haven't seen anything I would consider a foul. They haven't been hitting him late.
    There was one that was easily late.