Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    To ease poster pangs of not enough QB’s getting drafted high:

The Top Three Picks Will Likely Be Quarterbacks For Just The Third Time: http://www.footballperspective.com/t...he-third-time/
    i saw one mock yesterday that now has 6 qb's going in the first

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    A.) Josh Sweat, (EDGE) - DE/OLB, FSU - 6' 4", 251 lbs Mid Second - Top Third Round Pick Prospect.

B.) Kemoko Turay - EDGE - Rutgers - 6'5" (253) I've got him as a Sixth Round Pick Prospect.

Question ?

Does that seem right to you wist43 ?
    these guys have him rated very high

http://www.draftace.com/2018-edge-defenders/

but i agree with george

just say no to FSU

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    A.) Josh Sweat, (EDGE) - DE/OLB, FSU - 6' 4", 251 lbs Mid Second - Top Third Round Pick Prospect.

B.) Kemoko Turay - EDGE - Rutgers - 6'5" (253) I've got him as a Sixth Round Pick Prospect.

Question ?

Does that seem right to you wist43 ?
    For Turay, I think the question is health... think he's had some shoulder probs in the past. If he's healthy I'd say he's no worse than a 3rd round pick - probably 2nd round.

As for Sweat, 3rd round seems about right... he's long, and has some bend to him - easy to like those qualities.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    For Turay, I think the question is health... think he's had some shoulder probs in the past. If he's healthy I'd say he's no worse than a 3rd round pick - probably 2nd round.

As for Sweat, 3rd round seems about right... he's long, and has some bend to him - easy to like those qualities.
    I've got EDGE Josh Sweat - Florida State - 6'5" and 251 lbs. at DRAFTTEK and Overall NO. 65 today or possibly in Round Two.

AND

** EDGE Kemoko Turay - Rutgers - 6'5" and 253 lbs. Ranked overall at DRAFTTEK @ Overall NO. 177 today.

** https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/4/1...couting-report

Kemoko Turay's Hamstring Injury:

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...nch_press.html
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I would not be the least bit disappointed if the first three picks were Landry/Davenport, Turay, and Sweat. Stock up on pass rushers, line up them hungry dogs all over the field on 3rd down, and make it happen.

You know what you call unbalanced teams that have too many pass rushers? Winners.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ell/458027002/

Blair Sanderson@BlairRIVALS

CB Prospect Josh Jackson - Iowa Pro Day Results ...6003, 188 lbs

4.52 & 4.54 Forty ( on two attempts )

3.95 shuttle; 40.0” vertical; 10’2” broad jump ... https://rvls.co/IAProDay18

3:06 PM - Mar 26, 2018

For CB Joshua Jackson, the uptick in measured speed could be worth hundreds of thousands — even millions — of dollars. It's a stop-watch position.

According to Spotrac.com, which does a great job tracking NFL salaries, the No. 14 pick owned by the Green Bay Packers — middle first round — will merit a contract worth roughly $13.8 million (including $8.1 million guaranteed).
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I would not be the least bit disappointed if the first three picks were Landry/Davenport, Turay, and Sweat. Stock up on pass rushers, line up them hungry dogs all over the field on 3rd down, and make it happen.

You know what you call unbalanced teams that have too many pass rushers? Winners.
    That would be a lot of reaching if those were your R1-3 picks -- Turay and Sweat are listed as Day 3 picks most places, and some think Landry might slide out of the top 20 (I don't). I definitely like the idea of bringing in a bunch of young athletic pass rushers, but I'd be surprised if they don't go with either a DB or offensive skill player within the first 3 rounds.

I want to be baffled by two players I had not even heard of in the first three rounds. I don't even want to recognize the school.

Unless its the Colorado School of Mines.

Then watch the board self-immolate.

Harvey have one kid on his spreadsheet as ridiculously athletic.

SPARQ have the other kid in Top 3 at position.

Watch reports trickle out that teams actually rated these guys higher (Belichick comment, picture of Jerry Jones draft board, Shefter Tweet, King MMQB tidbit).

Two players develop into Pro Bowlers in three years time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I want to be baffled by two players I had not even heard of in the first three rounds. ...
    Two players develop into Pro Bowlers in three years time.
    I want a repeat of the 1981 49ers backfield draft. Plus a pass rusher. Not asking for much, but we are due for a 2000-like draft.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    That would be a lot of reaching if those were your R1-3 picks -- Turay and Sweat are listed as Day 3 picks most places, and some think Landry might slide out of the top 20 (I don't). I definitely like the idea of bringing in a bunch of young athletic pass rushers, but I'd be surprised if they don't go with either a DB or offensive skill player within the first 3 rounds.
    I like Turay over Sweat, assuming he's healthy.

I think he's a very instinctive, athletic OLB.

Let's say Ward or Fitzpatrick dropped to us - I'd be fine with Turay in the 3rd. I think his stock might rise enough though that it might take our 2nd to get him.

How's this for a 3 round mock...

Rd 1) Ward
    Rd 2) Chark
    Rd 3) Turay

???

As of now, I think I'd be happy with those picks.
    wist

Forget about all those other edge guys. I want Oklahoma's Ogbonnia Okoronkwo.

What round do I want him in? I assume, given the complete lack of talk about him, that either he is destined to be a Steeler OR he's a Day 3 pick because of some terrible injury history.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Forget about all those other edge guys. I want Oklahoma's Ogbonnia Okoronkwo.

What round do I want him in? I assume, given the complete lack of talk about him, that either he is destined to be a Steeler OR he's a Day 3 pick because of some terrible injury history.
    I hate you
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    If the Packers went and drafted Isaiah Oliver with the 14th pick I would be ok with it. I know the guy is listed as a late first or second round guy, but I think he is talented enough to plug and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    If the Packers went and drafted Isaiah Oliver with the 14th pick I would be ok with it. I know the guy is listed as a late first or second round guy, but I think he is talented enough to plug and play.
    Daniel Jeremiah has Hughes (15th overall) and Alexander (16th) ranked ahead. You like either of those?

Jackson is #26, he has Oliver at #32.

Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

Packers would have to draft him if he played DB.

My preference in this draft is still do the no brainer and draft Roquan Smith aka Pat Willis. Trade up to #10 to get him if needed.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Daniel Jeremiah has Hughes (15th overall) and Alexander (16th) ranked ahead. You like either of those?

I think the Packers have the biggest need at cornerback. I would take any of those guys at 14 and at least be content, especially if Ward, Fitzpatrick, Smith, James, Edmunds, Chubb, Nelson are all gone.

See Next Post # 599 ... somehow this became a double Post.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-17-2018 at 03:54 PM.

I just checked and it changes a lot:

Daniel Jeremiah has it:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2018-nfl-draft

Mike Hughes at NO. 16 - Hughes is a fluid, agile cornerback prospect with the versatility to play inside or outside. He has good size and excels in press coverage, where he incorporates a two-hand jam and rarely allows a free release. He has very quick feet. He redirects and mirrors opponents with ease. From off coverage, Hughes has a fluid pedal and shows some pop out of his plant/drive. He's rarely out of phase in coverage, but when he is, he has the speed to recover. His ball awareness is excellent. He isn't a physical tackler, but he goes low and gets the ball carrier on the ground. Hughes did have an off-the-field issue at his previous school (North Carolina). Overall, Hughes is an outstanding cover cornerback and he's ready to start right away at the next level.

Joshua Jackson atNO. 18 - Jackson has good size for the position and I love his versatility to play inside and outside. He was deployed in a variety of coverages in Iowa's scheme and was effective in all of them. In press coverage, he isn't physical, but he's very fluid to open up and mirror. I have some concerns about his deep speed, but he wasn't really challenged in the games I studied. He is at his best in zone coverage, where he sees through the wideout to the quarterback. He's quick to identify routes, break on the ball and finish. He has rare ball skills, which creates some spectacular picks. He's an effective wrap/drag tackler in the run game. Overall, Jackson might lack ideal twitch and deep speed, but his combination of size and ball skills is outstanding. He is a plug-and-play starter.

Jaire Alexander at NO. 23 - Alexander is a tough, instinctive cornerback prospect. He spent the majority of his time on the outside He's excellent in press coverage. He consistently re-routes his opponent with a quick two-hand jam. His route recognition, throw anticipation and ball awareness are elite. He collected several pass breakups in every game I studied. He's very willing in run support and provides some big hits. Overall, Alexander lacks ideal fluidity, but I love his instincts, swagger and ball skills.

Isaiah Oliver at NO. 36 - Oliver has excellent size, length and speed for the position. He's at his best in press coverage. He shoots his hands and re-routes wide receivers before staying on their hip down the field. He has plenty of speed to carry vertical routes. From off coverage, he has some stiffness when he has to open up and change directions. He has good ball awareness down the field (see: pass breakup against UCLA). I love his aggressiveness and physicality in the running game. He fights through blocks and he's a reliable tackler in space. Oliver has the ideal skill set to thrive as a press cornerback at the next level. He needs to improve his flexibility and transition movement in off coverage.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-17-2018 at 03:51 PM.

^ Its been updated three times total, first post was January:

Jan 23: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2018-nfl-draft

Sometime in between Jan and April: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...8-nfl-draft-20

April 4: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...8-nfl-draft-30

Oliver is #32 in the April edition.