Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
this is a guy that is starting to pop up in the first round of a few mock drafts i've seen lately. he sounds like a perfect TT draft pick

from draft ace http://draftace.com/blog/2012/04/03/...outing-report/

Shea McClellin OLB Boise State #92
Ht: 6’3″ Wt: 260

Strengths: Prototypical 3-4 outside linebacker. High energy, high effort player. Experience lining up at end and linebacker. Reliable wrap-up tackler. Impressive agility for a guy his size. Has the speed to make plays in pursuit. Strong pass rusher off the edge; has the speed to blow past slower offensive tackles, especially when lining up with his hand off the ground. Does a nice job fighting through traffic when blitzing inside. Strong enough to shed blocks fairly consistently. Weaknesses

:
Inconsistent explosion of the snap; seems to guess at the snap count a lot, occasionally explodes out of his stance but other times will be the step behind the rest of the linemen. Overaggressive in pursuit; gives a great effort, but often inefficient with the angles he takes which results in missed opportunities. Needs to do a better job keeping his eyes on the quarterback when blitzes; often misses opportunities due to his inability to adjust. Missed time with a leg injury as a freshman. Comments

:
McClellin may not be a great fit for every defense, but he’s a perfect fit at outside linebacker a 3-4 system. At this stage of his career, he’s overaggressive and inconsistent but he possesses all the physical tools necessary to develop into a quality starter.
McClellin Brooks Reed

Height 6-3 3/8 6-3
Weight 260 263
40 4.63 4.65
Bench 19 30
Vertical 31.5 30.5
Broad Jump 9'08" 9'05"
3-Cone 7.07 7.11
Arms 32 3/4 32 1/4

Reed rookie stats:

GP TACK SOLO AST SACK FF FR YDS INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD STF STFYD

16 45 31 14 6.0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 1 8 0

Would you trade #28 for Reed? TT passed on him at 32 last year. On the hoof they appear to be similar athletes. On film McClellin looks more comfortable in space and in pass drops. I'd prefer to see him in the 35-45 range but wouldn't be too big a reach at 28. He'd fill a need but at 28 I don't know if he'd be BPA.