Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Winners - Losers Packers vs. Bills

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    See, I don't find the aggressive defense theory persuasive. They have also struggled with passive, rush four, Cover 2 man under and Cover 2 zone under defenses before. If both were always true, they wouldn't be leading the league in points. They struggle with good Defenses with good plans well executed. Matchups are more important.

Nelson is big enough to get off press, but he is faster than quick and shorter routes are not his forte. Cobb runs better route adjustments than he runs actual routes. All we need to know about Cobb's ability to shake off press coverage is that he spends his time in the slot or in the backfield. Both Boykin and Adams are good enough about getting off the line. But one is unreliable and the other is a rookie. If Boykin from last year, Adams from this year or James Jones were alive, contested slants might have been caught and all are better on that route than Cobb or Nelson.

Defenses that hide their coverage with a pass rush cause them problems, and Rodgers had the look of a man who did not want to wait at times for something to break open n Buffalo.

The Buffalo coverage plan was to play off receivers just a bit (one CB would press at times) and jump the earliest route they saw coming. That is why so many throw were contested. This was a game they should have run more and thrown deeper. Screen are always helpful if someone is going to play man.

TE is a problem, Quarless needs help to shake tight coverage.

I will say this about Rodgers, he has been off target more as the season has progressed. Not sure what is happening there. Its especially notable short, though I can't explain the emergence of Starks as a pass catching threat at the same time. I'l claim small sample size.

Well, to work this to the Packers' advantage, we need to create a shitstorm about how horrible Rodgers played in Buffalo, then use your claim to extrapolate that Rodgers has gotten more and more inaccurate as the season has gone on. This gets Rodgers's thin-skinned dander up, he hoists a 500 lb. chip onto his shoulder, and if the ST can get straigthened out, he leads the team to the Super Bowl, home or road.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I don't notice this stuff, no opinion. I just ignore people I don't like. If you think Madtown should not have unbanned tank, direct your anger at him.
    1. He didn't un-ban him, Tank created another account
    2. Contacting Mad is a one way street these days, his Inbox is full
    3. Despite breaking two of the only three rules, you would just ignore him.

If Mad wants him here to have a little fun and drive posts, that's his call. But lets not pretend we haven't been down this road before.
    Last edited by pbmax; 12-16-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Pbmax, I don't mean aggressive the blitzing sense, because as soon as you create one on one matchups Rodgers is an MVP. I think at times, even in single game situations he struggles against the soft zone, or the under coverage while rushing 4. When I say Rodgers I mean the offense. Rodgers doesn't like to take chances with the football is one reason, he like to throw to the guy that is the most open. Which is ok when the Packers are up by 14, but when the game is close he gets tight. This offense like to run longer routes, not just deep routes but longer routes. When they're are more guys in coverage it takes a longer period of time to have a guy bust the zone. Sometimes pressure gets to Rodgers in the pocket and he breaks contain, but then you have receivers not aligned with QB, because they are not looking his way yet. Again personnel has to be good on the defensive side of the ball, and if a team rushes four, and drops coverage, along with a strong coordinator this is the type of defense that give the Problems. Seahawks, Giants, Detroit, Bills, and possibly the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, to work this to the Packers' advantage, we need to create a shitstorm about how horrible Rodgers played in Buffalo, then use your claim to extrapolate that Rodgers has gotten more and more inaccurate as the season has gone on. This gets Rodgers's thin-skinned dander up, he hoists a 500 lb. chip onto his shoulder, and if the ST can get straigthened out, he leads the team to the Super Bowl, home or road.
    I am Tweeting insulting questions to #AskAaron as we speak.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I pretty much agree, Rodgers was due to have a shit game, and a perfect place to have it was in Buffalo because the Packers always play like shit there. They also had shitty production from everyone on offense but the running backs. 7 drops is the most this season by any NFL club, not exactly Rodgers problem. So to play the blame game, sure Rodgers was terrible, but nobody picked up the slack that was allowed to.

" – Classic Troll Tactic Number 5: When all else fails, claim to be leaving forever. Trolls who claim they are leaving never do, of course; you can bet that anyone who proclaims, "I'm never coming back here," will most certainly at least check back for responses, and probably will not be able to resist posting again. "

That type is familiar. He never learned this lesson:

Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-16-2014 at 01:39 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Pbmax, I don't mean aggressive the blitzing sense, because as soon as you create one on one matchups Rodgers is an MVP. I think at times, even in single game situations he struggles against the soft zone, or the under coverage while rushing 4. When I say Rodgers I mean the offense. Rodgers doesn't like to take chances with the football is one reason, he like to throw to the guy that is the most open. Which is ok when the Packers are up by 14, but when the game is close he gets tight. This offense like to run longer routes, not just deep routes but longer routes. When they're are more guys in coverage it takes a longer period of time to have a guy bust the zone. Sometimes pressure gets to Rodgers in the pocket and he breaks contain, but then you have receivers not aligned with QB, because they are not looking his way yet. Again personnel has to be good on the defensive side of the ball, and if a team rushes four, and drops coverage, along with a strong coordinator this is the type of defense that give the Problems. Seahawks, Giants, Detroit, Bills, and possibly the Cardinals.
    Well, they have to do something good on offense to get up 14.

But I do agree he prefers not to throw the contested ball, though he has before at times (Packers don't win the Super Bowl if he doesn't throw Jennings open over the middle twice*). And in close games (meaning closely contested on both sides, not a defensive surrender game like Cardinals playoff game) I do think this can hurt him in a comeback.

But Buffalo inverted the Giants formula. The Bills were jumping early routes and played some single high. And there was pass protection (though not unlimited time like Atlanta) for large stretches of time. Unless the Bills manhandled the OLine (on the road a possibility-see Seattle), they should have carved it up with those longer, double-move routes (like Nelson's dropped TD). In fact, the closest D performance to what the Bills did is probably Seattle this year. 49ers sat back in two deep man under and dared the offense to run.

Unlike the Giants and 49ers, the answer isn't as obvious for the Bills and Seahawks. My concern is that it doesn't appear McCarthy thinks they need a change. They are just not good at a patient offense early in games. Unless its the four-minute offense, they stumble over their own feet.

* bad description. He threw Jennings a ball inside three defenders. First thought was INT. Second thought was career ending hit.

I pretty much agree, Rodgers was due to have a shit game, and a perfect place to have it was in Buffalo because the Packers always play like shit there. They also had shitty production from everyone on offense but the running backs. 7 drops is the most this season by any NFL club, not exactly Rodgers problem. So to play the blame game, sure Rodgers was terrible, but nobody picked up the slack that was allowed to.

Look, Nutzy, this strategy is only going to work if we amass the blame upon Rodgers and Rodgers alone. He can't rustle up a big enough chip if he doesn't get all the blame. The more undeserved the criticism, the better he'll play in the following weeks.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Look, Nutzy, this strategy is only going to work if we amass the blame upon Rodgers and Rodgers alone. He can't rustle up a big enough chip if he doesn't get all the blame. The more undeserved the criticism, the better he'll play in the following weeks.
    So......... should MM and Clements be TRASHING Aaron Rodgers?

I've reviewed that game and Aaron Rodgers wasn't just a tad off his game.

He was horribly off his game and for whatever reason he played ugly.

He couldn't throw a ball into a hay wagon on the day.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Here is the other thing to consider:

Football Outsiders covers the excellent Defense usually stops great Offense. http://t.co/iPTodcJ2dJ

I would argue that a lot depends on match ups, but generally agree with the thrust. So if the Packers were ever going to score more than 24 points, what went wrong?

Special Teams is culprit #1 and the offense doesn't help here because they weren't pulling their weight in field position (3rd down conversion, INTs).

But the offense was maybe one drive away from putting the game away and that could come down to the holding on Sitton on the long run that came back and Nelson's drop. They fix one of those big errors and the game would have been reversed. Or if McCarthy had gone for a first down rather than FG.

Per ESPN:

The most surprising thing about Rodgers' uncharacteristically ineffective performance against the Bills might have been his inability to connect with receivers down the field.

It wasn't for a lack of trying.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Rodgers attempted a season-high 14 passes that flew at least 15 yards downfield but completed just two of them. Before Sunday, Rodgers had the fifth best completion percentage (51.3) in the league on such passes. He was averaging 17.7 yards per attempt and had 11 touchdowns without an interception on such throws.

Against the Bills, he completed just 14.3 percent of his passes that went at least 15 yards for an average of just 2.3 yards per attempt and also had one of his two interceptions on such throws.

Before Sunday, Rodgers had faced a defense ranked in the top three in Total QBR in Week 6 or later eight times in his career, and he was near dominant, with an 80.6 QBR, 23 touchdowns and only one interception, per ESPN Stats & Information. But against the Bills, who were second in the NFL in QBR entering the game, Rodgers finished with a season-low QBR of 17.2 and two interceptions.

The task should be much easier this week, when the Packers face a Tampa Bay Buccaneers team ranked 27th in opponent QBR, at 68.3.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    I'm with Fritz, Rogers plays his best when mad, not nervous like Sunday. Somebody needs to bitch slap him, call him gay or some shit like that.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    I'm with Fritz, Rogers plays his best when mad, not nervous like Sunday. Somebody needs to bitch slap him, call him gay or some shit like that.
    That's why I think Stubby psyched the team out. It's not a mystery. It's not an 'aggressive' defense that beats them, it's a good defense primarily with pass rush from 4 and/or the whole front seven. Then the secondary doesn't matter all that much, cuz Rodger's head is on a swivel. Stubby told the team that Buffalo is the toughest place to play and then - self-fulfilling prophecy - even though pass pro wasn't all that bad.

I think Stubby blew this one - before it even started.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

He was nervous. He was cold.

He refused SEX.

He was terrible and he adapted.

He sucked and he will be OK.

He farted...Did he fart? I think he farted !?

Everything about Aaron Rodgers is examined.

He does fart and he will be ............. OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Placing phone calls to high school principals is creepy at best, regardless of the intent.
    QFT. I would never call a high school principal.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It was a collective effort of suckiness.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    He was nervous. he was cold.

He refused SEX.

He was terrible and he adapted.

He sucked and he will be OK.
    LOL. I though you claimed he refused sex

"It was cold"

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    I was just kidding when I said he was gay, what's with all the 'suck' comments?

Anyway, I in no way believe Rogers is gay, nor do I care, cause that queer sure can throw a football...

I was just kidding when I said he was gay, what's with all the 'suck' comments?

Anyway, I in no way believe Rogers is gay, nor do I care, cause that queer sure can throw a football...
    Hey, don't smear the queer!

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    This is Harlan's old "move".

First he creates a tempest in a teapot.

Then he generates a shit storm over it.

Then he makes his famous "Joan of Arc" speech about freedom of speech or something.

Then he threatens to quit if he doesn't get his way.

Then he takes a few weeks or months off.

This would be hissy fit #10 by my inaccurate memory.

His motive this time is to take the forum heat off Tanky.
    Oh, the HUMANITY!!!