Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Sure. However a lot depends on what kind of scrambler you are, do you slide left and right or bail backwards? Rodgers used to dance his way into trouble while waiting for someone to break free. He hasn't really done that since 2008 and maybe early 2009. He generally gets himself in good positions on moves so I don't have much of a beef with that choice.

However, holding the ball until sack time on 4th down is just a waste.
If he were to run out of bounds its a waste. If he were to throw the ball away its a waste. If he gets sacked trying to extend the play to get a higher percentage pass that's too greedy if anything. That's reasoning that he'll always be able to fire off a 50/50 ball and flying too close to the sun while trying to get something better.

I actually don't think any of these situations are what set Rodgers apart though. These situations would be memorable and I can't recall any. My guess is that he'll make a guy try for a circus catch on the sideline or rely on a WR's yards after the catch in situations where Manning, Brees, and Brady would throw a contested ball. Something like that.