Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

They gave up on Dave Tollefson early, and he went on to be a solid contributor for the Giants for a few years. But, I doubt the Packers have any real regrets about it.
    They also gave up on Clarke Harris, who is now the Bengals longsnapper. Again, I doubt the Packers have regrets about it.
    The Packers didn't quite give up on Tollefson. He was signed by Oakland off the Packers practice squad in 2006 before ending up the NYG for several years. Also, when he became a free agent in 2012, the Packers were one of four teams he visited with.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The Packers didn't quite give up on Tollefson. He was signed by Oakland off the Packers practice squad in 2006 before ending up the NYG for several years. Also, when he became a free agent in 2012, the Packers were one of four teams he visited with.
    The Raiders signed him after the Packers season ended, when their PS contracts were done. The Packers signed Tramon Williams, Spencer Havner, and their other PS guys to futures contracts at that point, but not Tollefson. Maybe it was Tollefson's choice not to sign with GB, but the Raiders signed him to their off season roster as a FA.

We discussed it at the time here:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...off-Packers-PS