Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
I certainly don't consider Sitton and Lang impact players - they're good, but that's about it. I agree on Collins and Finley, but they weren't around long enough... another guy I would add to that level just below elite would Greg Jennings.

So that brings us back to Rodgers, Nelson, and Matthews.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So by my count, that would be 1 impact player (Rodgers), and 5 very good players (Collins, Finley, Jennings, Matthews, Nelson).

Perhaps that should have been enough to get us at least 1 more title in TT's 11 year run - but alas, he refuses to fix major holes on the roster, and we end up limping thru season after season with a pretty big, exploitable flaw somewhere on the field. The question always comes back to - if TT had only filled a hole here and there, would we have won more championships?? We'll never know - what we know is that we got 1 in '10, and it's likely that is going to be it for Rodgers career.
Collins, Matthews, Nelson, Finley are just very good? They are or were top 5 at their position consistently. As to Lang and Sitton, they are as well. You not even labeling them as very good, when you are hard pressed to find 10 better players in the league tells me you don't understand how to identify an oline players quality. For some one who likes 'tough' football players, you just threw some of the toughest in the league under the bus.
I acknowledge TT has not been good on the defensive drafting.