Thread: Best Rosters: Patriots 1st, Packers 2nd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    While we have a great roster, I don't think we are the #2 in depth. Oline, WR, RB, S and CB are solid. DL and LB not so much. Our secondary depth is some what limited in its effectiveness by our only mid quality pass rush.
    Don't get me wrong, I think our team can beat anyone else, but it helps having the QB we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    While we have a great roster, I don't think we are the #2 in depth. Oline, WR, RB, S and CB are solid. DL and LB not so much. Our secondary depth is some what limited in its effectiveness by our only mid quality pass rush.
    Don't get me wrong, I think our team can beat anyone else, but it helps having the QB we have.
    We're pretty okay at QB, WR, Oline, OLB, S, and CB. ILB and DL could use some help, and maybe the rookies will show something, but that's a pretty significant portion of the roster to have in good shape at least from a 1's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    We're pretty okay at QB, WR, Oline, OLB, S, and CB.
    That's 15 of 22 starting positions that look to have solid starters and reliable backups. I would throw RB in there too, with a rejuvenated Lacy and Starks. I am hopeful TE might be just a notch below that, with Cook being a pleasant surprise as the starter, but backups being rather pedestrian. It has the potential of an offense without apparent weakness.

Defense being solid at CB, S and OLB is a very good start in the pass-happy NFL. Now it will be up to the three rookies and maybe Ringo to come in and make them better at DL and ILB, with hopeful upticks from Ryan and Barrington.

I think you also have to consider Crosby and the take-your-pick return men to be solid components of the roster. Masthay seemed to have a down year, yet demolished the Packer record for net punting average by a full yard (40.2/39.2), a record that was set in 1963 and never seriously challenged since then by anyone other than Masthay. (I hope Masthay bought nice gifts for Janis, Goodsen and the other members of the punt coverage team.)

Darn, this kool-aide is good!