PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 06:28 PM
today he talks to coles about how he's not trying to replace his freinship with chad, he's just here to help them win

bubba says #4 "still has it, ask any of the WRs" and that he's been "making incredible plays"

bubba's locker is rght next to lord's and he comes to him with any questions

brett says his arm is a little fatigued ("no pain") and that he felt 38 today - mangini states that this is normal for camp b/c u take more reps than most weeks during season.

brett also favorably compared coles and his other wrs to the ones he had in GB with respect to their play-making abilities (YACS) - this along with the fact that thomas jones is AT LEAST as good as grant gives team hope....

LET'S GOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Wait 10 minutes - he might change his mind.

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 06:34 PM
btw, im goin to use this thread to post info i get during #4's career with the jets. i will do my best to limit my comments about brett to this thread, so that the posters who cringe at my (and others') pro-favre/jet posts can simply avoid them by ignoring the thread

thanks

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't mind where you post em, though I may not agree with them.

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM

well i'll TRY to just post INFO and not conjecture for those who may have some interest. i dont intend on debating about jets this season.

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Why will they call them the New York Jets anyway? I can't believe that being from New Jersey is such a disgrace that you can't name the team by the actual location - especially given the city that the Bears are saddled with.

Bretsky
08-13-2008, 06:42 PM
btw, im goin to use this thread to post info i get during #4's career with the jets. i will do my best to limit my comments about brett to this thread, so that the posters who cringe at my (and others') pro-favre/jet posts can simply avoid them by ignoring the thread

thanks

As a sidenote, I read many Fave hater comments and threads all over as well in this forum.
So no way will I limit my comments to one thread MOBB

That means the haters have defeated us :lol: :lol:

LL2
08-13-2008, 06:42 PM

GOOOOOOOOO to a Jets forum. I don't want to read about Favre 38 yr old tired arm! Sounds like your more of a fan of Brett Favre than the Packers.

Bretsky
08-13-2008, 06:44 PM

GOOOOOOOOO to a Jets forum. I don't want to read about Favre 38 yr old tired arm! Sounds like your more of a fan of Brett Favre than the Packers.

We can be both

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 06:46 PM

i actually am and have admited that

but like my 2nd post states whoever doesnt want to read it can avoid it (the way i do romance novels - he he)

bretszky, u or madtown wont object will u???

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 06:46 PM
.......bunch of Jets jersey buyin traitors.......

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 06:48 PM

We can be both

basically favre is my fav player but pack's my fav team (SO glad they dont play each other this year!!!)

DannoMac21
The four or five Packerrats who care about Favre will enjoy this thread very much.

Bretsky

i actually am and have admited that

but like my 2nd post states whoever doesnt want to read it can avoid it (the way i do romance novels - he he)

bretszky, u or madtown wont object will u???

This is cool MOBB I think; it's also cool not to have all of the Favre/Jet threads in one spot.

What I don't agree with is people trying to push rules upon you, or any other poster, when the rules are not mapped out my Mad through the forum.

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
[quote="Scott Campbell"].......bunch of Jets jersey buyin traitors.......[/quote

lol....i actually asked wifey to order me a jerz and brett the jet grey T (hot!)

i figure if its a "gift" im still good

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 06:51 PM

thanks

As a sidenote, I read many Fave hater comments and threads all over as well in this forum.
So no way will I limit my comments to one thread MOBB

That means the haters have defeated us :lol: :lol:

lmao

mission
08-13-2008, 06:53 PM
"pushing rules"

bretsky, what do you have a mohawk and tight black jeans on with a studded belt... listening to the Misfits again? relax man, this aint 1984 or something.

there are no rules... how about courtesies ??? its obvious that the vast majority of users are here to talk about the packers. as brett-talk pertains to the packers (and that will be LESS AND LESS if at all), then the conversation is fine.

as is, it's OFF TOPIC. (if you really wanna be a dick about it)

"real talk"

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 06:55 PM
The four or five Packerrats who care about Favre will enjoy this thread very much.

I'm officially renouncing my membership in the Brett Favre fan club. I may re-consider once he is no longer affiliated with enemy teams. If he begs. But for now he is an enemy combatant.

I expect that this deeply disturbs him.

Bretsky
08-13-2008, 07:00 PM
"pushing rules"

bretsky, what do you have a mohawk and tight black jeans on with a studded belt... listening to the Misfits again? relax man, this aint 1984 or something.

there are no rules... how about courtesies ??? its obvious that the vast majority of users are here to talk about the packers. as brett-talk pertains to the packers (and that will be LESS AND LESS if at all), then the conversation is fine.

"real talk"

If I really wanted to be a dick about it I'd just simplify this and note that this area is for football talk and Packer talk

mission
08-13-2008, 07:01 PM

I'm officially renouncing my membership in the Brett Favre fan club. I may re-consider once he is no longer affiliated with enemy teams. If he begs. But for now he is an enemy combatant.

Because he cares just as much for how our boss treats us as we care about how his boss treats him.

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 07:15 PM
[quote="mission"]"pushing rules"

bretsky, what do you have a mohawk and tight black jeans on with a studded belt... listening to the Misfits a

"real talk"[/quote

SERIOUSLY, try to just avoid the thread. i only click on threads where i see the author is someone i respect or the topic is intriquing (MAYBE 4 on most days i log on; no way do i wanna read about possible 4th string guards' progress in TC)

btw, over the years people have posted on former packers' situations on other teams my man

mission
08-13-2008, 07:16 PM
ahh bro im just playin around man... i dont really care (one way or the other)

indifference to things you have no control over would help a lot of people's emotions around here.

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 07:17 PM

SC, you've changed man. it's NOT bretts fault he's in jersey so i dont thnk that qualifies as enemy especially since theyre not on pack sched. i think of it like my brother or cousin got shafted, i mean traded

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 07:19 PM
ahh bro im just playin around man... i dont really care (one way or the other)

indifference to things you have no control over would help a lot of people's emotions around here.

now thats REAL TALK,,,here and in life

Scott Campbell
08-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I think Brett deserves the vast majority of the blame for what happened.

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 07:25 PM
i havnt been able to bring my self to do it (in denial the past 7 days) but im going to go to a jets forum and nfl site to see whats going on before sat's game vs skins (man i wish it was here in DC; even tho jerz is close im on call at the psych unit til late, DAYUM)

VERY good chance i'll make it to miami for opener to AT LEAST tailgate (brother in law workn on tix)

MOBB DEEP
08-13-2008, 08:00 PM
from NFLN

lol, bubba was sayn that the other players were observing #4 in awe, wathchn him make incredible plays. meanwhile he, bubba, was sittn back laughn b/c he's SO used to seein brett do the things he was doing...

i can visualize that

brett says the jet's system isnt easy "at all" and that he has "just enuff down to run those plays saturday"

he says he isnt sure how things will turn out on sat

him and skins QB jason campbell went fishing on brett's property over the summer

btw, TheGangGreen.com forum is quite sophisticated except they swear even more than u heathens. i'll introduce myself friday and pray they give me a warm welcome....he he

pbmax
08-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I hope Mangini heeds Favre on the tired arm deal. They have been limiting his throws from OTAs, minicamps and Training camp since he came down with tendinitis in his elbow in 2000.

Rastak
08-13-2008, 08:24 PM

In a way. All the media circus was petty much generated by Favre obviously. I still come back to this over and over when discussing this. When Favre called McCarthy and said "I want to come back", I believe the official response should have been rather terse. Great, see you in camp. Rodgers starts out #1 on the depth chart and if he outplays him, he stays there.

Just my take.

gex
08-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanx for starting one of these Mobb, keeping us posted on how Brett is doing in New York.
Now, the haters don't need to open this thread and reply with insults and little sarcastic remarks every time a good word is said about Favre.

motife
08-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Chad Pennington is smart enough to give Bill Parcells' latest reclamation project a chance. Not only does he know Dan Henning's offense from their year together with the Jets in 2000, but right now he knows Brian Schottenheimer's offense better than Favre. And no doubt he's already spilling his guts.

If Pennington beats the Jets, GM Mike Tannenbaum will have some explaining to do about how, in the euphoria of trading for Favre, he couldn't trade Pennington and get him out of the AFC East.

"When somebody is a free agent, we can't control where he goes," Tannenbaum said Tuesday. "The fact that he is going within the division is another challenge we have to deal with as an organization. He makes Miami a better team."

Pennington was a free agent only because the Jets made him a free agent. The Packers refused to trade Favre to the Vikings or Bears in the NFC North and would not cut him because they knew he would sign with Minnesota.

motife
08-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Bucs should have tried harder for Favre
Posted by Keith Kidd

After a back-and-forth soap opera in Green Bay, QB Brett Favre has been traded to the New York Jets. However, Tampa Bay should have tried harder to trade for Favre because he would have been a perfect fit and would have made the Bucs much better.

Jon Gruden and Brett Favre should have been reunited in Tampa Bay.
It is clear the Packers didn't want to trade Favre within the NFC, which is why their asking price from Tampa Bay was more than what they got from New York. But if it would have taken just a slightly better draft pick than the Jets reportedly traded plus a veteran player to bring the future Hall of Fame quarterback to Tampa Bay, the Bucs' organization dropped the ball.
Bucs coach Jon Gruden has a prior relationship with Favre from when he was on the Packers' coaching staff from 1992-94, and Gruden has a history of getting the most out of experienced quarterbacks. He did wonders for Rich Gannon in Oakland and Brad Johnson in Tampa Bay when the Bucs won the Super Bowl, and even for Jeff Garcia last season. This move would have been good for the defending NFC South champion Bucs as well as for Favre, who would have joined a team in a winnable division loaded with veteran players, making for an easier transition.

Even though Gruden's playbook is one of the most sophisticated, Favre wouldn't have struggled transitioning to a different West Coast offensive system. Gruden would have sat down with him and quarterbacks coach Greg Olson to figure out what Favre is most comfortable with and would have built on that as the regular season neared. Gruden's playbook has a lot of similarities to what Favre is used to because it is all derived from Mike Holmgren's system. The hardest part for Favre would have been getting familiar with the Buccaneers' terminology, but he would have done all he could to make a smooth transition. He would have spent extra time in the meeting room working with Gruden, Olson and the other quarterbacks trying to catch up.

Favre would have made running backs Earnest Graham, Warrick Dunn and Carnell Williams better. The Buccaneers love to pound the rock, and opposing defenses wouldn't have been able to play eight men in the box like they do with Jeff Garcia under center, because Favre would have picked them apart. Favre would have done things Garcia can't do because Favre has a lot more arm strength and can attack all levels in the passing game.

The offensive linemen would have been much-improved because they would be able to protect him much easier than Garcia, since Garcia tends to move around in the pocket a lot, which makes it difficult for the linemen to have a common ground and know their depth within the pocket. Even though Favre is somewhat of a gunslinger, he is still primarily a pocket passer. The addition of C Jeff Faine in free agency also would have helped Favre's transition because of Faine's ability to handle the protections while identifying fronts and blitzes, which is less that Favre would have had to worry about. He would have had to focus only on his position and worry only about the back end in regards to zone concepts and coverage designs.

Favre was able to do wonders in Green Bay with a young receiving corps, and there are many similarities between the Packers and Bucs. Both have one veteran receiver -- Donald Driver in Green Bay and Joey Galloway in Tampa -- and both have a stable of young talent. Favre would have had no problem connecting with Galloway because he is a true No. 1, even though he isn't getting any younger. But Favre could have done wonders for Michael Clayton, who should be in the No. 2 role since Ike Hilliard fits best as a No. 3. Adding a premier passer would have helped Clayton's chances of getting back to producing like he did during his rookie season (1,193 yards and seven touchdowns). TE Alex Smith's production would have also increased because Favre loves to incorporate his tight ends, especially near the goal line.

Last season the Bucs were No. 17 in the NFL in third-down percentage, while Green Bay was No. 8. If the Bucs had Favre under center, the Bucs' defense would have been able to rest a little longer. Plus, the improved running game wouldn't hurt, either.

If the Bucs had Favre, maybe they wouldn't have been on a level with Dallas just yet, but they would have definitely gained ground in the NFC.

The marriage between Favre and Gruden definitely would have had a happy ending. The last time they were paired together (1994) Favre threw for 3,882 yards, 33 touchdowns, 14 interceptions and a 90.7 quarterback rating in Green Bay (while Gruden was the wide receivers coach). They'd be in the playoffs, possibly have a home game and then from there, with Favre, anything is possible. It wasn't out of the realm of possibility that Favre could have led the Bucs to a conference title game or even a Super Bowl -- which, by the way, is in Tampa this year.

pbmax
08-13-2008, 09:05 PM
At the receiving end of the deal, that's a hard call. Pennington might not generate the interest Favre did among teams that view him as a starter. And teams that viewed him as a backup could afford to out wait the Jets.

The Jets would have need to perform cap surgery to keep both until a trade could be arranged.

Chad Pennington is smart enough to give Bill Parcells' latest reclamation project a chance. Not only does he know Dan Henning's offense from their year together with the Jets in 2000, but right now he knows Brian Schottenheimer's offense better than Favre. And no doubt he's already spilling his guts.

If Pennington beats the Jets, GM Mike Tannenbaum will have some explaining to do about how, in the euphoria of trading for Favre, he couldn't trade Pennington and get him out of the AFC East.

"When somebody is a free agent, we can't control where he goes," Tannenbaum said Tuesday. "The fact that he is going within the division is another challenge we have to deal with as an organization. He makes Miami a better team."

Pennington was a free agent only because the Jets made him a free agent. The Packers refused to trade Favre to the Vikings or Bears in the NFC North and would not cut him because they knew he would sign with Minnesota.

Kiwon
08-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Things I noted from the article....

Arm "fatigued"

"I feel 38 today."

“I wondered this morning when I got up, ‘What in the heck am I doing?.....I hate to study....I hate to practice." - It's only been a week!

Brett ran a second penalty lap per team rules. - I really wonder how many more times he'll do this to be "one of the guys" without griping. I don't think he can keep being required to do it without feeling disrespected.

Farve has a habit of starting a sentence, "To be honest with you,...." and then speaks his mind, often just off the cuff. For his sake I hope he plays well because in the media jungle of New York it's not hard to imagine the writers dissecting every word he says and spinning it negatively if and when he plays poorly.

Farve owned GB in a PR sense after earning the respect of the football world over so many years. But the media of the Big Apple will chew him up and spit him out if he struggles through the first few games.

Being publicly trashed by your hometown media during the football season is pressure that Farve has never faced. I hope he doesn't experience that this season either because I have my doubts how well he and his quality family would positively respond to it.

Just my personal opinion, but I just don't think any family from Hattiesburg, Mississippi can easily adjust to the center stage glare of New York, much less when its head is a HOF quarterback expected to revive a disappointing professional football franchise.

Culturally, round peg in a square hole, IMHO, facing enormous expectations to succeed. I can't begin to imagine the pressure to perform well.

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Now, the haters don't need to open this thread and reply with insults and little sarcastic remarks every time a good word is said about Favre.

Are you hearing voices in your head, these "haters" you refer to? Because I don't see any of the remarks you describe in the forum. Did you read/hear any of these voices today?

I'm also confused how having this thread will block out the voices, but I'm glad its working for you.

boiga
08-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks Mobb. Good luck Brett.

gex
08-13-2008, 10:11 PM

Are you hearing voices in your head, these "haters" you refer to? Because I don't see any of the remarks you describe in the forum. Did you read/hear any of these voices today?

I'm also confused how having this thread will block out the voices, but I'm glad its working for you.

Harlan, its a Favre thread, others have asked for it and its not a bad idea.
I know nobody has to but, to keep things kosher, if you don't care to hear about Favre or just always have to cut him down, don't post in this one thread.

....btw, I am very much crazy, I got over the denial stage years ago. :shock:

Harlan Huckleby
08-13-2008, 10:18 PM
you are the problem, gex. your continued talk of "haters" is just carrying on an argument that ended long ago. Nobody is cutting down Favre, unless you are referring to the much-deserved criticism he got in the month before left Green Bay.

move on, its over.

gex
08-13-2008, 10:23 PM
you are the problem, gex. your continued talk of "haters" is just carrying on an argument that ended long ago. Nobody is cutting down Favre, unless you are referring to the much-deserved criticism he got in the month before left Green Bay.

move on, its over.

Ok :wink:

Packers4Ever
08-13-2008, 10:39 PM

I just finished about 1/2 hour at a Jett's website, talk about hard to find your way around - maybe I picked the wrong one (if they have more than one) but it seemed like a hodge-podge of info and all I wanted was the stupid 2008 schedule, that's what I put in their search box anyway.

Zool
08-13-2008, 10:51 PM

I just finished about 1/2 hour at a Jett's website, talk about hard to find your way around - maybe I picked the wrong one (if they have more than one) but it seemed like a hodge-podge of info and all I wanted was the stupid 2008 schedule, that's what I put in their search box anyway.

James Jett has his own site? Who knew.

superfan
08-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Bucs should have tried harder for Favre
Posted by Keith Kidd

After a back-and-forth soap opera in Green Bay, QB Brett Favre has been traded to the New York Jets. However, Tampa Bay should have tried harder to trade for Favre because he would have been a perfect fit and would have made the Bucs much better...

Hard to believe the difference one season makes. The writer above discusses how a trade of Favre to the Bucs would have greatly improved the passing game, running game, and defense, all with a single transaction.

Quite a contrast from the last 3-4 offseasons, when the majority media opinion was that Favre should just hang up the cleats already, that his continued play was only hurting his team and himself, and that he had little left in the tank. Talk about a 180. Now the media consensus seems to be that Brett could have made almost any team an instant title contender.

In my eyes Favre was basically the same player over the last 5 years or so in GB. His success last year over previous years was mostly a factor of improved protection, WR play, and limiting costly mistakes. His ability to make throws and lead an offense remained unchanged over that time period.

The media opinion of Favre's outlook as an impact player this offseason compared to last offseason is way off the mark. He has been undervalued and underappreciated the last few seasons, and this year it appears that opinion about him has swayed too far in the opposite direction.

Harlan Huckleby
08-14-2008, 11:39 AM

Get the hell out of here, hater.

This thread is a safe, sacred space created for Favrerians to worship free from persecution.

Zool
08-14-2008, 12:02 PM

This thread is a safe, sacred space created for Favrerians to worship free from persecution.

Everytime you pickup a 19 y/o at the gay 90's you make baby Jesus cry.

Guiness
08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks Mobb. Good luck Brett.

I'll chime in with a 'me too'. I'm a Packers fan first, but I certainly want to know how Brett is doing.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 02:16 PM
So any time we care to post about a former Packer we need to start an offical thread and keep all comment and content locked in the sole thread pertaining to said player?

mission
08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
So any time we care to post about a former Packer we need to start an offical thread and keep all comment and content locked in the sole thread pertaining to said player?

No but we don't need a third different thread stating the same Favre quotes just because someone didn't realize it's already been covered twice before.

Once is adequate. :bs:

Bretsky
08-14-2008, 04:47 PM

I'm not conforming my ways Nutz

Bretsky
08-14-2008, 04:48 PM

If true then I don't think you are welcome :lol:

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 04:52 PM

I'd love it if you Favre lovers had a little circle jerk in here away from the rest of us ;)

The Favre stuff and the Anthony Dilwig stuff are clearly in a different league. Obviously the Favre stuff is getting a little old and not really pertaining to the Packers anymore. I don't agree with the "keep it in one thread" concept, but I see where he's coming from adn I don't think comparing Favre threads to Antonio Freeman threads is relevant at all here.

Bretsky
08-14-2008, 04:54 PM

I'd love it if you Favre lovers had a little circle jerk in here away from the rest of us ;)

The Favre stuff and the Anthony Dilwig stuff are clearly in a different league. Obviously the Favre stuff is getting a little old and not really pertaining to the Packers anymore. I don't agree with the "keep it in one thread" concept, but I see where he's coming from adn I don't think comparing Favre threads to Antonio Freeman threads is relevant at all here.

And Mobb thought it was going to be for those who were interested in seeing Favre succeed; nice try man

JH has just killed the idea
:wink:

Now open up the floodgates :lol:

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 04:56 PM
I hope he fails and I'll be here to laugh it up with each failure.

Speaking of which, week 2 and 3 can't come soon enough ;)

Bretsky
08-14-2008, 04:57 PM

Speaking of which, week 2 and 3 can't come soon enough ;)

I'd expect nothing less from you and a few others

Cheers,
B

Lurker64
08-14-2008, 05:00 PM

Really? I want Brett to take the Jets to the Superbowl and lose to the Packers, so we get another Championship and a first round pick from the Jets. Since the compensation scales to how well the Jets do, it seems counterproductive for a Packer fan to want them to fail.

Bretsky
08-14-2008, 05:04 PM

Really? I want Brett to take the Jets to the Superbowl and lose to the Packers, so we get another Championship and a first round pick from the Jets. Since the compensation scales to how well the Jets do, it seems counterproductive for a Packer fan to want them to fail.

IMO some hate Favre more than they like the Packers; pretty sad. I don't think I'd put JH in that category.....he just liked getting a rise out of the forum.

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 05:10 PM
I'll be happy with either situation. I guess I'd rather get a higher pick, but it will still be fun if he falls on his face. I don't think he deserves success.

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 05:11 PM
IMO some hate Favre more than they like the Packers:

I don't hate Favre. I just think people who act the way he has the last couple of years need a little humility. Also, I enjoy seeing Favre lovers squirm so it's a double your fun situation if he fails.

MOBB DEEP
08-14-2008, 05:11 PM

And Mobb thought it was going to be for those who were interested in seeing Favre succeed; nice try man

JH has just killed the idea
:wink:

Now open up the floodgates :lol:

yeah, B, i guess i shoulda known better

question, WHY WOULD ANY PACK FAN HOPE HE DOESNT SUCCEED

takn this GAME/ENTERTAINMENT way too serious people

MOBB DEEP
08-14-2008, 05:14 PM

If true then I don't think you are welcome :lol:

ha ha ha right on B hh u and scottc have broken my heart

RashanGary
08-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Acctually, the more I think about it, I don't care what Favre does, ever. More than anything I like watching Favre lovers squirm. Hell, if not for the emotional paralysis of some, I think I might be seen as a Favre lover because I have been a big fan of his career, but the emotional blindness is so funny that I can't help but get a rise out of it from time to time. I acctually get a kick out of it every day still ;)

Bretsky
08-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Acctually, the more I think about it, I don't care what Favre does, ever. More than anything I like watching Favre lovers squirm. Hell, if not for the emotional paralysis of some, I think I might be seen as a Favre lover because I have been a big fan of his career, but the emotional blindness is so funny that I can't help but get a rise out of it from time to time. I acctually get a kick out of it every day still ;)

Yes, as split as this has made the forum lately I'm not sure there will be any peace in here for a long long long time.

Remember that Marty Morningwhelm video where as a Lions coach he screams to the ref.....That Favre, he's nothing but a Baiter !

You are our PR Baiter trying to stir the hot pot for whoever falls into it

mission
08-14-2008, 05:21 PM

Yes, as split as this has made the forum lately I'm not sure there will be any peace in here for a long long long time.

Remember that Marty Morningwhelm video where as a Lions coach he screams to the ref.....That Favre, he's nothing but a Baiter !

Impossible. No one is doing that.

superfan
08-14-2008, 05:23 PM

Sounds like something somebody who got dumped - hard - in a relationship would say.

Which is essentially what the Favre/Packers break up has been like.

Hell hath no fury like JH scorned. :lol:

Freak Out
08-14-2008, 05:29 PM
The Favre thread needs to remain atop all others.

Freak Out
08-14-2008, 05:35 PM

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2008, 06:19 PM

I think he has been doing it now for almost three years.

Scott Campbell
08-14-2008, 06:32 PM

LOL

As opposed to when exactly. As far back as I can remember, there's always been something for us to take sides on. And that's the way it should be. It's sports.

Bretsky
08-14-2008, 06:34 PM

LOL

As opposed to when exactly. As far back as I can remember, there's always been something for us to take sides on. And that's the way it should be. It's sports.

You are right; I guess this one just seems 5x worse and will undboutely continue for a long time with both QB's playing this year

Before there was just you vs. Harlan........etc.....now there are football teams of posters on each side :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-14-2008, 06:37 PM

LOL

You are right; I guess this one just seems 5x worse and will undboutely continue for a long time with both QB's playing this year

Before there was just you vs. Harlan........etc.....now there are football teams of posters on each side :lol:

Before that there were Shermy lovers vs. Shermy haters. Ted lovers vs. Ted haters. Javon lovers vs. Javon haters. Grailee lovers vs. EC Gals. Etc.

MJZiggy
08-14-2008, 06:52 PM
How nice to have an honorable mention...

Freak Out
08-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Bump for Woody.

HarveyWallbangers
08-14-2008, 07:51 PM
At the end of March we would have been happy if we found out the Packers were going to get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick next year for nothing. Plus, the NFL is more interesting because Brett actually went to the right team. We can root for him. ARod was going to get massive attention whether Favre was in the league or not.

Freak Out
08-14-2008, 07:55 PM
At the end of March we would have been happy if we found out the Packers were going to get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick next year for nothing. Plus, the NFL is more interesting because Brett actually went to the right team. We can root for him. ARod was going to get massive attention whether Favre was in the league or not.

What...not a 1st? :lol:

This really is a win win situation.....we get to see how Rodgers goes, still see #4 do his crazy game and get a draft pick out of it.

Joemailman
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Favre's Jets jersey is the #1 selling jersey since April 1. The #2 selling jersey is Favre's Packer jersey. Dude is a marketing machine.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/businessofsports/archive/2008/08/11/favre-s-packer-jets-jerseys-still-selling.aspx

MJZiggy
08-14-2008, 08:08 PM
All of Wisco bought a Packer one when he retired, and all of New York needed one when he showed up on their doorstep.

GBRulz
08-14-2008, 09:35 PM
All of Wisco bought a Packer one when he retired, and all of New York needed one when he showed up on their doorstep.

That's news to me. Thought everyone here already owned one!!

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2008, 01:38 AM

sounds like, "NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!"

What you are really saying is that the people who are unhappy about how the Favre saga ended will be carrying a giant chip on their shoulders for a long, long, long time.

Merlin
08-15-2008, 04:35 AM

Let me guess, you never changed your mind, not once in your life. Someday I hope the company you work for pressures you into retirement so they can "move on" with a younger, cheaper, and not as good replacement. I hope the CEO of the company leaks lies about you to the press, lies about you to everyone, and lies to your face. I then hope you try to get unemployment and lose the appeal because someone like you is on the panel...

Lurker64
08-15-2008, 05:07 AM
Let me guess, you never changed your mind, not once in your life. Someday I hope the company you work for pressures you into retirement so they can "move on" with a younger, cheaper, and not as good replacement. I hope the CEO of the company leaks lies about you to the press, lies about you to everyone, and lies to your face. I then hope you try to get unemployment and lose the appeal because someone like you is on the panel...

And if you believe that's what happened with Favre, I have some pictures of Bigfoot I'd like to sell you.

pbmax
08-15-2008, 07:03 AM
Don't forget Sherm vs. T2, Woodbuck and Favre vs. T2, Barnett lovers vs. Barnett haters, Mario vs. Hawk, Jennings vs. Chad Jackson, everyone vs. media.

I liked every single one of these debates. It might be one of the reasons I keep coming back here.

How did the Jennings vs. Jackson debate come out, btw? :lol:

If you REALLY wanted to start a fight that would lead Mad to lay waste to the lot, we should go back on score the debates in hindsight, like draft classes after year three. Boy would that go over well. :satan:

Before that there were Shermy lovers vs. Shermy haters. Ted lovers vs. Ted haters. Javon lovers vs. Javon haters. Grailee lovers vs. EC Gals. Etc.

Bretsky
08-15-2008, 07:52 AM

sounds like, "NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!"

What you are really saying is that the people who are unhappy about how the Favre saga ended will be carrying a giant chip on their shoulders for a long, long, long time.

Take off your sunglasses; that's not even close to what I'm saying

Scott Campbell
08-15-2008, 09:13 AM

You seem to have some anger issues.

cpk1994
08-15-2008, 01:26 PM

Let me guess, you never changed your mind, not once in your life. Someday I hope the company you work for pressures you into retirement so they can "move on" with a younger, cheaper, and not as good replacement. I hope the CEO of the company leaks lies about you to the press, lies about you to everyone, and lies to your face. I then hope you try to get unemployment and lose the appeal because someone like you is on the panel...You are deluded. It was FAVRE that leaked lies to the press. It was FAVRE that was lying about everyone. FAVRE even said that he wasn't pressured into retirement. Your blind hatred of TT has really rotted your brain. You are even more of a tool than I first thought.

KYPack
08-15-2008, 01:47 PM

Ya forgot

"And may all your teeth fall out the day before Thanksgiving"

Then ya got him all cussed out, "Wizard".

LEWCWA
08-15-2008, 06:36 PM

Let me guess, you never changed your mind, not once in your life. Someday I hope the company you work for pressures you into retirement so they can "move on" with a younger, cheaper, and not as good replacement. I hope the CEO of the company leaks lies about you to the press, lies about you to everyone, and lies to your face. I then hope you try to get unemployment and lose the appeal because someone like you is on the panel...You are deluded. It was FAVRE that leaked lies to the press. It was FAVRE that was lying about everyone. FAVRE even said that he wasn't pressured into retirement. Your blind hatred of TT has really rotted your brain. You are even more of a tool than I first thought.

You have no real idea what exactly happened. You just think you do. Don't report as fact when you really don't know.

cpk1994
08-15-2008, 08:10 PM

You have no real idea what exactly happened. You just think you do. Don't report as fact when you really don't know.Either does Merlin, yet I don't see you going after him for doing the same thing. Oh thats right, Yuor a Favre lover. Explains everything.

SnakeLH2006
08-16-2008, 01:04 AM

You have no real idea what exactly happened. You just think you do. Don't report as fact when you really don't know.Either does Merlin, yet I don't see you going after him for doing the same thing. Oh thats right, Yuor a Favre lover. I'm a TT lover and help out in his basement. Explains everything. :shock: :shock: :shock:

MOBB DEEP
08-16-2008, 09:13 AM
i believ tonite will b the start of sumthn big. b/c hs's learning a new system , will b playing against diffrent foes, and is displeased that the pack didnt allow him to play with the talent/team he navigated SO well last year, #4 will enjoy this opportunity for a fresh start. like was reported, he's like a rookie and that should be very interesting and motivating for him

shoot, he's don EVRYTHING a hof QB can except go to another team and lead them to respectability

im happy for him and feel that once he settles in (week 3 or 4) he'll impress even the DIE HARD PACKER/TT fan cynics on this forum

GO BRETT GO....

brettfavre4ever

2nd in MVP voting in january 08.....

MOBB DEEP
08-16-2008, 06:10 PM
FAVRE STARTS WITH 3 STRAIGHT COMPLETIONS..!!!!!!!!!

MOBB DEEP
08-16-2008, 06:11 PM
goes for it on fourth...GOT IT

MOBB DEEP
08-16-2008, 06:14 PM
IN SHOT GUN...dayum, incomplete

MOBB DEEP
08-16-2008, 06:26 PM
FIRST TD AS A JET, classic hard ball to dustin keller, rookie TE....great drive.....

Brando19
08-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Hahaha...you're desperate for someone to post in this thread.

MOBB DEEP
08-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Hahaha...you're desperate for someone to post in this thread.

well, thank u buddy

MOBB DEEP
08-16-2008, 06:30 PM
ohhhh, i didnt know someone started a jets skins thread (thats even better if we'er going to do that this season....)

i was wondering where all the favre fans were

boiga
08-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Brett looked good tonight. They kept it simple for him, but he was on target, read the blitz successfully, and did what was needed to keep moving forward.

The Jets should have a good team this year.

Brando19
08-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Brett looked good, indeed.

The Gunshooter
08-16-2008, 08:46 PM
It's good to see Rodgers get knocked around a little. It will make him less susceptible to injury later.

Bretsky
08-17-2008, 02:07 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-2-87/Favre---I-made-the-right-decision-.html

The Leaper
08-17-2008, 07:24 AM
It's good to see Rodgers get knocked around a little. It will make him less susceptible to injury later.

Huh?

imscott72
08-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Brett looked good yes, but it was very vanilla. I'm anxious to see what happens the first couple weeks of the season. It sure seemed like the whole Jet team was amped up though. Can't help but think Favre's presence has the whole team believing it could happen this year.

The Leaper
08-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Yeah...big difference between Favre as a leader and Rodgers as a leader right now. I'm not knocking Rodgers, since he hasn't started a game yet and it will take time and wins for him to garner that leadership quality...but like I've said before, IMO we don't win that Seahawk playoff game last year with Rodgers at QB. The collective belief in Favre in the huddle is a very real factor that we will certainly miss at times in 2008.

Scott Campbell
08-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Yeah...big difference between Favre as a leader and Rodgers as a leader right now. I'm not knocking Rodgers, since he hasn't started a game yet and it will take time and wins for him to garner that leadership quality...but like I've said before, IMO we don't win that Seahawk playoff game last year with Rodgers at QB. The collective belief in Favre in the huddle is a very real factor that we will certainly miss at times in 2008.

If Brett played like he did against the Seahawks in every game last year, we'd have joined the Pats at 16-0. He was terrific.

packerbacker1234
08-17-2008, 11:57 AM

If Brett played like he did against the Seahawks in every game last year, we'd have joined the Pats at 16-0. He was terrific.

He played well like that in spirts throughout the season too - such as games at denver, KC, and the Giants, and who can forget the great game he played against the chargers. I mean, there was nothing like that Snow Game to compare too, but Brett has always said he loves snow games... and it showed.

Iron Mike
08-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Brett has always said he loves snow games... and it showed.

Was it snowing in Chicago last year on December 23rd, when he was 17 of 32 for 149 yds, no touchdowns and 2 interceptions? I forget.

packerbacker1234
08-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Brett has always said he loves snow games... and it showed.

Was it snowing in Chicago last year on December 23rd, when he was 17 of 32 for 149 yds, no touchdowns and 2 interceptions? I forget.

It snowed the first 5 minutes of the game... then it stopped and it was just plain cold the entire game.

So, while technically it di dsnow, it wasn't snowing for a majority of the game.

Scott Campbell
08-17-2008, 12:25 PM
So as long as it snows the entire game, Brett should be just fine. :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-17-2008, 12:26 PM

GrnBay007
08-17-2008, 10:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

By DENNIS WASZAK Jr., AP Sports Writer

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP)—Brett Favre was having fun again.

His tearful retirement and tumultuous offseason were tucked away in his memory. Favre was back where he’s always been happiest: in the huddle with thousands of cheers providing a perfect soundtrack.

“It’s like starting all over again,” the New York Jets’ new quarterback said. “I had some feelings that I haven’t felt in 17 years.”

After throwing a touchdown pass to cap his second series against Washington in his Jets debut Saturday night, Favre urged coach Eric Mangini to let him play some more.

“He said, ‘Let me think about it,”’ Favre said. “As he turned away, he turned back and said, ‘I thought about it.”’

Sorry, Brett. You’ll have to wait until next Saturday against the defending Super Bowl champion Giants.

“This is one of those times where everything seemed to be clicking,” Favre said. “We’d like to have scored on the first drive. All in all, it was good. I was OK with it.”

Favre was solid in his brief Jets debut after a week of cramming to learn his new playbook. Just 10 days after being acquired from Green Bay, Favre finished 5-of-6 for 48 yards and threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to Dustin Keller in a 13-10 loss to the Redskins.

“It worked out better than I thought it would, not that I thought it would go badly,” he said.

Saying it felt “a little weird” wearing a Jets uniform, Favre was on the field for 14 plays and Mangini said the three-time MVP had between 30 and 40 plays to work with.

“I thought I threw the ball well and moved around OK,” Favre said. “Ten days ago, I was doing yard work.”

Favre retired in March and then decided he still wanted to play, leading to a bitter divorce with Green Bay. He said his arm felt tired Wednesday and had his throws limited in his final two practices leading up to the game, but showed no signs of weariness against the Redskins.

“He was the same old Brett,” receiver Jerricho Cotchery said. “Very much in control of the huddle, like he always is, and very much in control of the game. And that allowed us to be in control as an offense, as a unit. We felt like everything that we were going to run was going to work.”

Favre, in his first game since losing to the Giants in the NFC championship in January, got things started quickly. He zipped an 11-yard pass into Cotchery’s hands on his first play, and tossed a 10-yarder to Chris Baker two plays later.

The Jets converted a fourth-and-1 on a 3-yard run by Thomas Jones, but Favre was sacked two plays later. After Favre was short on a pass to Jones, the Jets were forced to punt.

On the next possession, Favre found Cotchery on a nice crossing route for a 19-yard gain on third down. Three plays later, Favre took the snap, looked to his left and found Keller in the end zone to give the Jets a 7-0 lead with 5:25 remaining in the first quarter.

“It was an excellent start,” Mangini said. “He moved the team down the field and put us in a position to score.”

That’s the type of presence Favre brings to a team that hasn’t been to the Super Bowl in 40 years, when Joe Namath—the Jets’ last superstar quarterback— led the franchise to its only title.

“I felt like I’m a Jet, I do,” Favre said. “Does that sound a little awkward or funny? Maybe a little bit. Believe me, I feel very comfortable here. The guys have been great. They’ve welcomed me. … I feel like I’m here for a reason. As I’ve told the guys, ‘I’m here for one reason, to help you win.’ I’ll do whatever that takes and I hope it works out.”

Favre spent the previous 16 seasons with the Packers, becoming an icon with his gritty playmaking ability and rifle right arm. The fans in Green Bay always knew they could count on him to show up on Sundays as Favre has played in a record 253 regular-season games.

His close-cropped hair and the ever-present stubble on his face are speckled with gray these days, but his desire to play football—which some doubted— clearly remains.

Gone are the troubling thoughts that swirled through Favre’s mind, that maybe he made the wrong choice by leaving retirement and Green Bay behind.

“Obviously a lot of things have gone on the last few months,” he said. “I’m not going to sit here and say I haven’t second-guessed decisions, not only this year but along the way. One thing I know for sure, when I stepped on the field, as I did tonight, I knew I made the right decision.”

Favre has been careful to say all the right things since joining the Jets on Aug. 6, guaranteeing nothing except his best effort.

“We’re a team and I’m just one piece of this puzzle,” Favre said. “At some point, we have to go on and focus on what we’re trying to do as a team and not on one person.”

But Favre isn’t just anyone. And his teammates have quickly discovered that.

“He’s definitely much more relaxed than you would think he was,” Keller said. “He has been in this offense for what, a week? As fast as he has been getting everything, it’s ridiculous.”

Bretsky
08-17-2008, 11:01 PM
We had two chicks come into the bank with Brett Favre New York Jets Uniforms. Dark complected...brown hair........they were hot............

I mean the uniforms !

Anyways, that dark green and white uniform actually did look pretty cool.

GrnBay007
08-17-2008, 11:03 PM
We had two chicks come into the bank with Brett Favre New York Jets Uniforms. Dark complected...brown hair........they were hot............

I mean the uniforms !

Anyways, that dark green and white uniform actually did look pretty cool.

LOL you buying one? :D

GBRulz
08-17-2008, 11:25 PM
As if seeing Favre in a Jets uniform isn't weird enough, I'm starting to see quite a few people around GB wearing Jets apparel.

GrnBay007
08-17-2008, 11:32 PM
As if seeing Favre in a Jets uniform isn't weird enough, I'm starting to see quite a few people around GB wearing Jets apparel.

I read in another forum that one of the shops in GB has a waiting list for #4 Jets jerseys. That's gotta seem so weird in GB.

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2008, 10:30 AM

I read in another forum that one of the shops in GB has a waiting list for #4 Jets jerseys. That's gotta seem so weird in GB.

TED THOMPSON HAS WRECKED GB FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS IMHO...

Zool
08-18-2008, 10:36 AM
I WANNA YELL THE LOUD FUNNY WORDS TOO!

Bretsky
08-18-2008, 06:24 PM
ESPN giving some great Favre analysis

prsnfoto
08-19-2008, 09:24 AM
ESPN giving some great Favre analysis

Thats not possible we all know they are the FOX news of sports, everything they report is Favre propaganda, his stats are slanted to his advantage and they sometimes even Photoshop a polo shirt on him for his postgame presser cause we all know Brett never wore no stinking polos, whats next his grey beard will be digitally enhanced to show no age. Damn those bastards can't they ever report honestly. There have been reports from a handful of people that were not brainwashed during the showing of the Wrangler jean commercial on the the jumbotron that Favre actually didn't complete any passes. Erik Rodgers fro Cali stated that "he was way off on all of them, ESPN doctored the highlights to show those laser shots everyone knows my cousin er I mean most QB's in the NFL have stronger arms than Favre." Another fan Brittney McCarthy from Pittsbugh said "it was quite obvious to me that he has no desire left to play, the way he threw those balls so hard right at the recievers chests he just wants to hurt people so they cut him."

Pacopete4
08-19-2008, 09:35 AM
It actually just broke down his 4-5 passes and I thought it was pretty good too.. showed his eyes and how he looked people off and allowed people to break from coverage. He also anticipated the throw and threw it a step before the guy was actually open... very cool to watch when ESPN actually does something right

BallHawk
08-19-2008, 09:45 AM

Unless you can back that up with a logical arguement, putting it in caps does nothing.

hoosier
08-19-2008, 11:47 AM

Unless you can back that up with a logical arguement, putting it in caps does nothing.

That's not quite true. I believe that putting it in all caps makes it one louder.
http://www.adrants.com/images/spinal_tap.jpg

Partial
08-19-2008, 12:15 PM

That's not quite true. I believe that putting it in all caps makes it one louder.
http://www.adrants.com/images/spinal_tap.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akaD9v460yI

BallHawk
08-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Somehow, a large portion of threads here end up with a Spinal Tap reference.

woodbuck27
08-19-2008, 01:08 PM

and I'm always poised to see your reaction 'of course'.

As if anyone should relegate that opinion relative to anything important Scott. :D

You have been so behind Brett Favre. Obvious sarcasm.

Go Pack GO!

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 07:01 PM

sorrry pal unless pushed i dont deal in logical arguments in something as mundane as sports/entertainment; just sheer emotion....

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 07:14 PM
saturday will be a good test for brett/jets. that giants pass rush really did a number on cleveland (put anderson out with a concussion). madden curse anyone???

jets oline is much better that browns but i think giants are on a mission to quiet the doubters (i cant recall a defending champ being SO overloooked - which is what i think most of the players get off on/chip on shoulder)

osi, et.al are beasts so i believe jets will use bubba and keller (who brett AND the NY media are high on) in two te set to protect our lord Favre...

brett "jokingly" said he hopes GB goes 0-16 lol

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 07:19 PM
I WANNA YELL THE LOUD FUNNY WORDS TOO!

lol, JUST DO IT

GBRulz
08-19-2008, 07:40 PM
A good read, posted today on the Jets website.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/2375-favre-thinking-about-future-not-past

gex
08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
This was on page 2, It brought a little tear to my eye.
Posted by teri b:(from the jets forum thread by Mobb)

With Brett Favre, Are People Forgetting a Legend?

I never really understood the word “fickle,” so I finally looked it up in the dictionary:

Fickle: (adj) not constant or loyal.

I don’t think there could have been a more appropriate word to describe the comeback of Brett Favre.

No, I am not referring to Brett Favre himself as being fickle; I am referring to the fans of football, the front office of the Green Bay Packers, and most surprisingly, those diehard Packer fans that donned No. 4 on their backs every Sunday, watching their so-called “hero” give his all to get a victory for, not only his team, but to his fans as well.

Every football fan out there knew Brett was all about the game. You never heard about Brett demanding more money or going to jail—Brett stayed out of the public eye unless it had something to do with the game he loved most.

After Brett Favre retired in March of 2008, football fans everywhere hung their head and showed not only appreciation for one of the league’s most valuable players, but respect. He was a legend, a man in his own league, a man that had so much class and dignity, you could see it through a television screen.

I watched his tearful retirement and got a little teary myself, as I knew that HE knew he wasn’t quite ready to throw in the towel, but he did it because he didn’t know if he could give 100 percent to the Green Bay Packers; let’s face it, 100 percent is the only thing Brett Favre knew how to give.

But could he really let the last play he ever made be an interception?

Some of us might be okay with that being our last play, knowing we would still be going down as one of the greatest QBs of all time, but some of us, most of us, do not have the competitiveness that Favre has.

"Competitiveness alone won't win games, but when someone has some skill and then has competitiveness, they have a chance to be good," Irvin Favre, Brett’s father once said. "I knew Brett had a chance. I just did not know what he would do with it."

Many football fans, mainly GB ones, were irate at Favre for wanting to be traded to the Minnesota Vikings, calling him selfish and a traitor.

Wasn’t it Brett Favre that spoke openly about the Packers being his No. 1 team to play for? So Favre finally spoke out and said, “If you won’t let me play for you, let me play against you.”

Selfish? No. Competitive? Yes. There is a difference. And that difference is what sets him apart from many athletes today.

Brett Favre played 16 seasons with the Packers. During his time in Green Bay, he won three consecutive AP MVP awards—the first and only person in NFL history to do so.

He has led the Packers to 11 postseason appearances, including seven division crowns, four NFC Championship games, two Super Bowls, and he won Super Bowl XXXI. He ranks first all-time with 160 victories, and also in virtually every significant passing category.

Back in March of 2004, Brett was chosen as the No. 1 “Toughest Guy in America” on the basis of his “fearlessness, perseverance, a willingness to take a risk, a tolerance for pain, and even a dash of modesty." That was four years ago, and now people are saying he is “too old to play the game?”

Funny how just a year ago, fans everywhere were singing a different tune.

I wasn’t aware that after retiring, one of the greatest athletes of all time would be ridiculed for wanting to come back and play for the team, the game, and the fans he loved most. Unfortunately, his comeback was not as welcomed as one would have hoped.

He was criticized left and right and was made to feel like more of an inconvenience than a man who dedicated half of his life to the Packers. A man that has started in 253 consecutive games for Green Bay. A man that, learning of his father’s death the night before, took the field and passed for a total of 399 yards and four touchdowns, crediting it all to his Dad:

"I knew that my dad would have wanted me to play," Favre said. "I love him so much, and I love this game. It's meant a great deal to me, to my dad, to my family, and I didn't expect this kind of performance. But I know he was watching tonight."

He is a man who chooses to play with his heart, no matter what the circumstances are, even if it meant walking away from the team he honored more than most of us will ever know.

On Mar. 4, 2008, Favre formally announced his retirement. Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, believed that Favre had not received the impression from the Packers that they wanted him back.

Would he still have retired had he felt different?

I guess we will never know, but what is clear is where the disloyalty came from in the Packers front office: Ted Thompson. Favre released this statement about his former boss:

“It’s hard for me to, you know, trust, you know, this guy when I...either I’m told one thing and everyone else is told another, or he’s telling the public one thing and telling me another. And so...that’s part of the reason for requesting the release. Not only was I told that playing here was not an option, we’re moving on—it’s kind of in their company line, moving on. That’s OK.”

Brett knew he wasn't wanted, so he did what many feared most and filed for reinstatement with the NFL. His petition was soon granted by Commissioner Goodell. Brett was traded to the New York Jets and was no longer a Green Bay Packer.

But, being the class act he is, Favre left Green Bay with these words, "I always wanted to be a Packer," he said. "I think I'll always be a Packer. People will say it was the best 16 years. I think it was made clear this offseason that they were moving forward—that's OK —it's time for me to move forward."

Only time will tell if one of football’s greatest athletes will succeed in New York. It still feels so wrong to be writing Brett Favre and New York Jets in the same sentence. But what feels right is that Brett is on that field again.

He is following the one thing many of us are too scared to follow because of the risk: He is following his heart.

And that is why he will always be a hero. A hero on and off the field and a hero within. Good luck Brett. You truly are an inspiration to athletes everywhere.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2008, 11:38 PM
I never really understood the word “fickle,” so I finally looked it up in the dictionary:

Fickle: An inability to decide whether or not to retire from pro football. Typical symptoms include wild mood swings and wavering between staying retired or returning to play. Can be aggravated by a middle age crisis, and/or Bus Cook. Known Cure: Take $25M over 10 years and call me in the morning.

Ironically, fickle starts with "F", as in Favre.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2008, 11:46 PM

As you should be, you bewildered old coot.

I think you love Favre in large part because it helps fuel your unholy hatred of Ted. It may be better for your tortured soul if you found it in your heart to forgive Ted for whatever despicable act you think he committed, even though you likely hallucinated the entire episode during a moment of severe dementia.

Don't be a hater Woody.

gex
08-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Your a funny guy lol
Those were both pretty good zings.
I got a chuckle.

cpk1994
08-20-2008, 08:01 AM

I think you love Favre in large part because it helps fuel your unholy hatred of Ted. It may be better for your tortured soul if you found it in your heart to forgive Ted for whatever despicable act you think he committed, even though you likely hallucinated the entire episode during a moment of severe dementia.

Don't be a hater Woody.The despicible act TT committed? In Woody's mind? Getting hired.

gex
08-20-2008, 10:31 PM
So when do the Jets play again? Fri or Sat?

GrnBay007
08-20-2008, 10:44 PM
So when do the Jets play again? Fri or Sat?

Sat. vs Giants.

Will be televised on NFL network on Sunday at 3pm Central

GBRulz
08-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Hey Gex.... if you live in Hodag country, you will be happy to know that Channel 7 out of Wausau has just contracted to broadcast 8 or 9 Jets games this year. Our CBS station in GB is doing the same thing...and trying to get more. HUGE demand - which means of course stations start salivating over advertising revenue opportunities for football games and will do whatever they can to get rights to carry them.

gex
08-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Very cool :D
Thanx ladies!

Bretsky
08-20-2008, 11:12 PM
I signed up for Direct TV today; the hottie on the other end of the phone noted there has been a huge surge in WI signups for the NFL Package since many Packer fans want to watch the Jets games as well.

SnakeLH2006
08-20-2008, 11:17 PM
I signed up for Direct TV today; the hottie on the other end of the phone noted there has been a huge surge in WI signups for the NFL Package since many Packer fans want to watch the Jets games as well.

You could just download Sopcast and/or TVUPlayer and stream most of the noteworthy games for free to your PC while you watch the Packers or the other noteworthy games too. Pretty good shit for catching all the NFL Network games. Last year, I streamed the Cowboy/GB game with Sopcast off my laptop to my 50" Plasma with a VGA cable to watch with some buddies. Works great and is free. Check it out for all that don't know. :?

woodbuck27
08-21-2008, 01:43 PM

Don't be a hater Woody.

Scott your either senile or have a certain inability to discern TRUTH because of your own extreme views and opinions based in you quasi Ultra egomaniacial delutions.

I want Ted Thompson to hang around for awhile, so you and some others here will get a good fill of him. For the upteenth time SCOTT CAMPBELL.

Can YOU read poor man?

I don't hate Scott Campbell. I've discovered in my experience that usually those who accuse others of that ( or hatred) well know what hatred means in their own suffering and guilt. I wish you well with that Scott. Sincerely.

Scratching my head. Shaking my head. :D

pbmax
08-21-2008, 06:09 PM
The CBS channels in the state can request that the network feed them specific matchups if there is a clear indication that it will boost local viewership. Clearly, Jets games with Favre will do that. For Jets games not on CBS, then it up to the other networks to agree with local affiliates. The CBS guy quoted in the Journal Sentinel said unless there was a conflict on times or the double-header, the requests usually get approved. There probably will be a lot of Jets games all over the state on CBS.

One mention of the fan post from the Jets blog. When people start to believe that they know the inner workings of people's minds and their feelings like they are close, personal friends or family, I think fandom has crossed a line. No one knows whether Favre's intentions are pure or not, nor do they know if Thompson's intentions are despicable or not.

And she certainly should not lump all fans who did not want to see Favre in a Vikings uniform as disloyal. I know loyal Vikings fans who did not want him, so that they didn't have to start to root for him. Treating a celebrity (or even a hero) like he is your best friend and you KNOW him is a little bit sad.

imscott72
08-21-2008, 06:19 PM

You could just download Sopcast and/or TVUPlayer and stream most of the noteworthy games for free to your PC while you watch the Packers or the other noteworthy games too. Pretty good shit for catching all the NFL Network games. Last year, I streamed the Cowboy/GB game with Sopcast off my laptop to my 50" Plasma with a VGA cable to watch with some buddies. Works great and is free. Check it out for all that don't know. :?

Sometimes Sopcast gets unstable though. I wouldn't want to have to rely on that to see the game. I tried it a few times last year and had some troubles. Sometimes the game listed wasn't the right game or it was choppy or poor quality.

GrnBay007
08-22-2008, 06:30 PM
New York Jets' offensive line has tough test against the Giants

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. — With protecting their new quarterback a top priority, the New York Jets' revamped offensive line is looking forward to its next big challenge: the Giants' sack-happy defence.

"I think everybody knows about their front," left guard Alan Faneca said Thursday. "It helped them win the Super Bowl, so it's going to be a good gauge for us."

The Jets, with new additions Faneca and right tackle Damien Woody, are eager to take on a Giants squad that piled up 53 sacks last season and will have its sights set on Brett Favre on Saturday night.

"I try to keep all quarterbacks who are behind me healthy," left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson said. "Obviously, you want to keep that guy healthy as well."

The Giants, with defensive ends Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck leading the way, have firmly established a reputation for dominating quarterbacks. They sacked Tom Brady five times in the Super Bowl victory against New England.

"Their front four is phenomenal," fullback Tony Richardson said. "Any one of those guys could have been right up there for MVP of the Super Bowl. They took over the game."

Coach Eric Mangini was uncertain how much Favre would play, but teams usually leave their starters in the third pre-season game for at least the entire first half.

"It's really going to depend on how many plays we have offensively and how long their first group is in," Mangini said. "It's really hard to say at this point."

Favre looked good in his two series last week in his Jets debut against Washington. He was 5-for-6 for 48 yards and touchdown, and was hoping to see more action Saturday.

"With every pre-season game I've played in, I'd like to play the whole game," Favre said earlier this week. "It's kind of a touchy situation, but based on how much I've played, or haven't played, I would think I would play more."

That would mean more time for the offensive line to make sure the Giants' swarming defence stays away from its rifle-armed 38-year-old quarterback.

"We want to do all the small things right," Woody said. "We want to really be crisp out there for the third game, knowing that we will not likely be out there for the Philly game (next week). This game is going to be as close to a regular-season procedure as possible. We really want to go out there and make a statement."

That's easier said than done against a Giants defence that dominated the Cleveland Browns early in a 37-34 victory Monday night.

"They were really impressive against Cleveland and they have some really good athletes in their front seven," Woody said. "We feel like we're a pretty good group up front, too."

Even before the Jets acquired Favre from Green Bay two weeks ago, the offensive line was considered by many the biggest key to success this season. The Jets got only adequate pass protection for Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens last season, and that also affected the running game.

Promising third-year players Ferguson and centre Nick Mangold, along with veteran guard Brandon Moore, remained from last season's unit. After a botched salary dispute led to left guard Pete Kendall being traded to Washington, the Jets struggled to find a replacement.

So, they headed into free agency targeting the best available at the position. They signed Faneca, a seven-time Pro Bowl performer with Pittsburgh, to a five-year, US$40-million deal - making him the league's highest-paid offensive lineman. They also signed Woody, a former Super Bowl-winning centre with New England, to bolster the right tackle spot.

"I think we have potential and we've laid a really good groundwork here in training camp," Faneca said. "You're starting to see signs, not of life, but things beyond just the X's and O's. It's getting to where you're starting to do some things in some pretty difficult situations and being able to get the blocks."

Favre faced the Giants in the Packers' loss in the NFC championship game and wasn't sacked, but was hurried and felt the pressure in subzero temperatures at Lambeau Field.

"That's over and done with," Favre said. "Obviously, it's a new year. A lot of things have changed. It's a pre-season game for us. I'm not thinking about the past. They're the team to beat in this league. We're just trying to get better this week."

Notes: Wide receiver Laveranues Coles (left leg), who hasn't spoken to the media since the team released Pennington, has been limited in practice. Mangini was unsure if he would play against the Giants. "It's all measured steps," Mangini said. "You don't want to have a setback this late in the process. We'll just see how it is." ... Mangini said defensive end Shaun Ellis (hand) is "getting closer," but didn't know if he'd play this week. ... The game will mark the 40th time the teams have met in the pre-season, with the Jets leading 20-18-1.

gex
08-23-2008, 04:20 PM
J-E-T-S JETS,JETS,JETS

GBRulz
08-23-2008, 08:17 PM
I am unable to see the Jets pre-season game tonight, but Favre finished 9/12 98 yds, no TD's no INT's. 3-0 Jets in the 3rd vs the Giants. Sounds like an exciting game!!!

NFL Network will be rebroadcasting this game Sunday at 3 pm CDT

MJZiggy
08-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Are they rebroadcasting yesterday's Pack game again? I looked on the schedule but couldn't find it.

The Gunshooter
08-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Giants' Umenyiora carted off.

GrnBay007
08-24-2008, 08:09 AM
I am unable to see the Jets pre-season game tonight, but Favre finished 9/12 98 yds, no TD's no INT's. 3-0 Jets in the 3rd vs the Giants. Sounds like an exciting game!!!

A TD was brought back due to a Bubba Franks illegal motion. So he woulda been 10/13 145 yds and 1 TD.

Tarlam!
08-24-2008, 09:06 AM
He looked damned good in the NFL.com highlight film.

But A-Rod played very well, too! :oops:

Bretsky
08-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Super Bowl or Bust

Packers vs. Jets

And we'd get a first round draft pick to boot; that would be sweet

Tarlam!
08-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Super Bowl or Bust

Packers vs. Jets

And we'd get a first round draft pick to boot; that would be sweet

Pick 31, though B.

Edit: And 32!! TT would trade up fer sher!!

MOBB DEEP
08-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Hey Gex.... if you live in Hodag country, you will be happy to know that Channel 7 out of Wausau has just contracted to broadcast 8 or 9 Jets games this year. Our CBS station in GB is doing the same thing...and trying to get more. HUGE demand - which means of course stations start salivating over advertising revenue opportunities for football games and will do whatever they can to get rights to carry them.

smart move; all about the benjamins....

btw, Lord Favre's all-important passer rating is 118.5 during the all-important pre-season

pennington did well last nite for the phins as well (hopefully he'll toss some balls to the jets out of confusion week 1; cant wait to see THAT game...)

MOBB DEEP
08-24-2008, 11:37 AM

A TD was brought back due to a Bubba Franks illegal motion. So he woulda been 10/13 145 yds and 1 TD.

that was a GREAT pitch and catch too; he looked off the safety and froze him stiff. xcellent protection....

mark schlareth insists Jets are a playoff team using the word "great" to describe the squad...

LETS GO...

GBRulz
08-24-2008, 11:44 AM
pennington did well last nite for the phins as well (hopefully he'll toss some balls to the jets out of confusion week 1; cant wait to see THAT game...)

No doubt! I'm so glad that this game isn't overlapping our game.

Pacopete4
08-24-2008, 11:53 AM
that throw he made on Bubba's illegal movement was amazing... if you really wanna see a QB with arm strength... there it was, wowzers! You don't see QB's throw like that very often..

MOBB DEEP
08-24-2008, 12:35 PM

No doubt! I'm so glad that this game isn't overlapping our game.

"our" game? who do pack play that sunday?

J/K

MOBB DEEP
08-24-2008, 12:39 PM
i wonder if mangini will "allow" brett to play a significant amount of time in their last pre-season game vs eagles since he's only played in two so far (in both games he asked coach if he could play more snaps - gotta love that, btw)??!!

that would give the squad more time to gel as well as be a good test vs a good-to-great defense

MOBB DEEP
08-24-2008, 12:53 PM
2 hours and 7 minutes....

until jets/giants game on nfl network!!!

im interested in jenkins, etc play on d-line; if they give the O good field position this year....BOOM

GrnBay007
08-24-2008, 08:46 PM
that throw he made on Bubba's illegal movement was amazing... if you really wanna see a QB with arm strength... there it was, wowzers! You don't see QB's throw like that very often..

It sure was a great throw....wow! I only watched the first half of the game today. I was at a cook out and had to be social :?

Need to get hooked up with Direct TV. With Favre gone I'm not even guaranteed the Packer games will be shown here.......and I want to follow Brett the Jet too!

prsnfoto
08-25-2008, 11:08 AM
i wonder if mangini will "allow" brett to play a significant amount of time in their last pre-season game vs eagles since he's only played in two so far (in both games he asked coach if he could play more snaps - gotta love that, btw)??!!

that would give the squad more time to gel as well as be a good test vs a good-to-great defense

They said during the rebroadcast on Sunday that he and Reid alraedy had a gentlemans agreement no key starters in the last game Favre will not play. Without the wideouts and o-lines stupid penalties Brett would have had about 90 more yards and a TD and the Jets QB's as a whole would have had an awesome QB rating probably 130. There was one sequence in the second half where there where three falsestarts,illegal motion, and illegal shift penalties in a row. :shock:

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2008, 11:34 AM

They said during the rebroadcast on Sunday that he and Reid alraedy had a gentlemans agreement no key starters in the last game Favre will not play. Without the wideouts and o-lines stupid penalties Brett would have had about 90 more yards and a TD and the Jets QB's as a whole would have had an awesome QB rating probably 130. There was one sequence in the second half where there where three falsestarts,illegal motion, and illegal shift penalties in a row. :shock:

yeah, 12 penalties overall and 10 on offense. at least those are "mental" mistakes and not b/c of effort/ability (bubba knows better).

BRETTS been balln and thats w/o any semblance of a running game (jones 12 carries for 29 yrds) and w/o wr coles to help stretch the field. jerricho cotchery is a BEAST like driver

kris jenkins is a MAN on that dline; i think he has sumthn to prove to the naysayers who said he's lost a step (i remember how well he played against pack two and three years ago...) and vernon gholston, although raw, is as athletic as barnnett but stronger

btw, skip bayless thinks #4 will lead jets to a 12-4 record......WHOA!

and even notorious favre basher two live stew's youngest bro retracted his neg comments about brett and says brett's bn playn "like he has somethng to prove" to the pack and others (thats scary for the weak afc east) and that "if anyone could do it, brett can" e.g., that nice 8 yard jaunt for a first down at age 39 - pulled down hard out of bounds but got up quicker than a hi schooler and sprinted back to the huddle...

LETS GOOOOO....!!!

woodbuck27
08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
NBC loves Favre

Good news Brett Favre fans.

I just read in the Montreal Gazette today that NBC will be carrying the Final 6 Jets games of 2008 and 12 of 16 overall.

Jim Nance made the comment that NBC should be paying a part of Brett Favre's salary.

GO Pack Go.

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2008, 05:37 PM
NBC loves Favre

Good news Brett Favre fans.

I just read in the Montreal Gazette today that NBC will be carrying the Final 6 Jets games of 2008 and 12 of 16 overall.

Jim Nance made the comment that NBC should be paying a part of Brett Favre's salary.

GO Pack Go.

WOW... what a draw; everybody but GB Brass wants to see ol' brett

cpk1994
08-26-2008, 07:11 AM
I think Woody may mean CBC as NBC is not allowed to have that many games for one team per NFL rules.

EDIT: Now I think he is full of it as their is no mention of this on NBC Sports' website nor NFL.com

MOBB DEEP
08-26-2008, 11:17 AM
I think Woody may mean CBC as NBC is not allowed to have that many games for one team per NFL rules.

EDIT: Now I think he is full of it as their is no mention of this on NBC Sports' website nor NFL.com

gulp...

MOBB DEEP
08-26-2008, 02:38 PM

yeah, espnews just reported that mangini is leaning toward sittn brett against eagles. makes sense normally but i would think b/c he only playd in 2 games and he's on new team....

guess staff is satisfied with progresss in camp and with ALL these injuries to key folk around nfl...

so stats are 14-18, 144 pass yards, TD this pre-season

mraynrand
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM

NBC only has the Sunday Night Game. CBS has the AFC. Still, kind of funny - FOX feasted on Favre now CBS can milk 'em until he gets injured. CBS should get Dianna to do another one of those "My Brett..." voice overs that they can run on a continuous loop, like they did during the Monday Night Game v. Denver. That was soooo inspiring - it never got old, trite, boring, or insipid at all.

cpk1994
08-27-2008, 04:45 AM

NBC only has the Sunday Night Game. CBS has the AFC. Still, kind of funny - FOX feasted on Favre now CBS can milk 'em until he gets injured. CBS should get Dianna to do another one of those "My Brett..." voice overs that they can run on a continuous loop, like they did during the Monday Night Game v. Denver. That was soooo inspiring - it never got old, trite, boring, or insipid at all.I guess my Woody translating skills are rusty. Even if he means CBS they are carrying 12 of 16 Jets games this year, Favre or no Favre. I really don't know why Woody wasted his time with that post, or why he is acting as if that is big news.

EDIT: By the way Woody it's "Nantz" not "Nance".

GBRulz
08-27-2008, 07:37 AM
I really don't know why Woody wasted his time with that post,

So people like you can feel good about themselves for finding something else to bitch about besides ripping on Favre? :roll:

MOBB DEEP
08-27-2008, 09:15 AM

So people like you can feel good about themselves for finding something else to bitch about besides ripping on Favre? :roll:

lol

the guys on nfl live agree with me that brett should be allowed to play b/c #4 admits he's not as comfortable with the DENSE playbook as one would like (ALL ABOUT CHEMISTRY too)...

im surprised b/c mangin could just allow the first team to play 1 quarter as a good tune up. whats this "agreement" with andy reid to not play starters all about? the JESTS should be the coache's main concern and they need to get off to a good start b/c they have pats and chargers week 2 and 3...

if they could upset one on those top guns and be 2-1 facing the cards and subsequent weaker teams....tampa here we come!

Zool
08-27-2008, 09:22 AM

lol

the guys on nfl live agree with me that brett should be allowed to play b/c #4 admits he's not as comfortable with the DENSE playbook as one would like (ALL ABOUT CHEMISTRY too)...

im surprised b/c mangin could just allow the first team to play 1 quarter as a good tune up. whats this "agreement" with andy reid to not play starters all about? the JESTS should be the coache's main concern and they need to get off to a good start b/c they have pats and chargers week 2 and 3...

if they could upset one on those top guns and be 2-1 facing the cards and subsequent weaker teams....tampa here we come!

Why is the playbook so dense? Don't they repeat the same 10 plays over and over?

cpk1994
08-27-2008, 09:23 AM

So people like you can feel good about themselves for finding something else to bitch about besides ripping on Favre? :roll:YOu are missing my point. The way Woody posted it, he is acting as if CBS(NBC, or whatever network he is talking about) is alterting their coverage becuase of Favre and that this is some big breaking news. It isn't. CBS's coverage oif the Jets is the same now as it was before Favre. On a side note, I checeked the Montreal Gazette, no article referring to this info.

Deputy Nutz
08-27-2008, 10:47 AM

NBC only has the Sunday Night Game. CBS has the AFC. Still, kind of funny - FOX feasted on Favre now CBS can milk 'em until he gets injured. CBS should get Dianna to do another one of those "My Brett..." voice overs that they can run on a continuous loop, like they did during the Monday Night Game v. Denver. That was soooo inspiring - it never got old, trite, boring, or insipid at all.I guess my Woody translating skills are rusty. Even if he means CBS they are carrying 12 of 16 Jets games this year, Favre or no Favre. I really don't know why Woody wasted his time with that post, or why he is acting as if that is big news.

I guess if we are being picky, It is Deanna, not Dianna. Get the womans name right.

And What makes you think Favre is going to get injured? madden Cover? I don't even think that curse is strong enough to tackle Favre, but all the doubters we will see won't we, we will see.

Zool
08-27-2008, 11:09 AM

I guess if we are being picky, It is Deanna, not Dianna. Get the womans name right.

And What makes you think Favre is going to get injured? madden Cover? I don't even think that curse is strong enough to tackle Favre, but all the doubters we will see won't we, we will see.

Did Brett give you a reach around once or something? Its unnatural your manlove for him.

Deputy Nutz
08-27-2008, 11:15 AM

Did Brett give you a reach around once or something? Its unnatural your manlove for him.

Why are you so crude?

I was being overly dramatic, and I think it is bush league to comment on someone's miss spelling a name. Woody has his faults having to point out spelling errors is petty in comparison. I realize CPK didn't commit the spelling error I referred to, but I was pointing out that it does happen to everyone, EVERYONE!!! AHHHHH

You wouldn't take a hand job from Brett Favre?

mraynrand
08-27-2008, 11:23 AM

I think I googled Deanna's name as Dianna and got a ton of hits - my mistake. Anyway, I have the feeling he is going to get injured because of the off season (lack of) prep. It always seems to get the holdouts at a higher rate, but that's probably a skewed perception because they are under the microscope. Still, the law of averages are against Favre, but his way of playing the game is to his advantage. I certainly hope he DOESN'T get hurt. I love watching him play. Can't stand the fawning over Deanna - and gagged on that treacle they played TWICE on the Denver MNF game.

Zool
08-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Why are you so crude?

I was being overly dramatic, and I think it is bush league to comment on someone's miss spelling a name. Woody has his faults having to point out spelling errors is petty in comparison. I realize CPK didn't commit the spelling error I referred to, but I was pointing out that it does happen to everyone, EVERYONE!!! AHHHHH

Spelling nazi's are a universal forum truism. They are unavoidable and best left ignored.

Would and did. He wasn't that great.

Deputy Nutz
08-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Why are you so crude?

Spelling nazi's are a universal forum truism. They are unavoidable and best left ignored.

Would and did. He wasn't that great.

At least you have the memories.

Deputy Nutz
08-27-2008, 01:55 PM

I think I googled Deanna's name as Dianna and got a ton of hits - my mistake. Anyway, I have the feeling he is going to get injured because of the off season (lack of) prep. It always seems to get the holdouts at a higher rate, but that's probably a skewed perception because they are under the microscope. Still, the law of averages are against Favre, but his way of playing the game is to his advantage. I certainly hope he DOESN'T get hurt. I love watching him play. Can't stand the fawning over Deanna - and gagged on that treacle they played TWICE on the Denver MNF game.

I liked the video clips an the poem, but I didn't care for it before the game, it was just way to over the top for me, I was thinking that if I was a Denver Bronco fan I would be pissed because all the attention was on Favre. I went back and watched it the day that retired and it meant a lot more then than before the game.

What I liked the best about it thought was Tony Kornheisers(spelling) lead up with the comparison to Jordan and Tiger. I thought that his piece was spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9nOzB4b62U

mraynrand
08-27-2008, 02:00 PM
I was thinking that if I was a Denver Bronco fan I would be pissed because all the attention was on Favre.

What I liked the best about it thought was Tony Kornheisers(spelling) lead up with the comparison to Jordan and Tiger. I thought that his piece was spot on.

Agree on both.

Bossman641
08-27-2008, 02:26 PM

lol

Why is the playbook so dense? Don't they repeat the same 10 plays over and over?

Haha, beat me to it. Brett still hasn't learned those 10 plays yet?

Bretsky
08-27-2008, 09:50 PM

Why are you so crude?

Lots of the Woody like references are complete Bush League IMO

Zool
08-27-2008, 09:54 PM

Ya gotta admit the guy brings a lot of it on himself.

Bretsky
08-27-2008, 09:56 PM

whatever

there are other posters who "bring it on themselves" IMO. Still Bush League

Zool
08-27-2008, 10:00 PM

whatever

there are other posters who "bring it on themselves" IMO. Still Bush League

And they get what they get too. Bush league is David Riske.

FavreChild
08-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Well, I think the point Woody was trying to make was that y'all in Wisconsin will be seeing lots of Jets games, thanks to the request by your local affiliates:

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/packers/299985

http://www.wfrv.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=5f161a3e-61d0-4e33-a94f-a1d931533248

GBRulz
08-29-2008, 08:34 PM
A few pics.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/joneszy65/610x143.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/joneszy65/340x145.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/joneszy65/340x144.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/joneszy65/09000-139.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/joneszy65/24jets_450-132.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/joneszy65/09000-141.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii262/Kimgfavre/Brett.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/joneszy65/610x90.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/joneszy65/340x101.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/joneszy65/340x119.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/joneszy65/610x123.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/joneszy65/340x124.jpg

cpk1994
08-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Well, I think the point Woody was trying to make was that y'all in Wisconsin will be seeing lots of Jets games, thanks to the request by your local affiliates:

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/packers/299985

http://www.wfrv.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=5f161a3e-61d0-4e33-a94f-a1d931533248Thing is, Woody is about 2 weeks late then.

packinpatland
08-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks GBR...................he still looks pretty good. :wink:

GrnBay007
08-30-2008, 12:15 AM

"Pretty good" ??
I'll take your pretty good and raise you 10....lol
:D :twisted:

At first I was really bewildered/hurt by all the Favre bashing I would read before/during/after the trade. To thousands of Packer fans the guy was gold for years and it seemed heartless and cold to me to see some turn their backs on him. Not those that were just ok with moving on and knew it had to happen at some point, but those that attack him relentlessly and try to pretend what he did for the Packer organization over the years meant nothing. Pointing out his flaws, rather than appreciating what he brought to Green Bay. I believe some of those are just plain old assholes and don't really "get it". I believe others, although they may not admit it, are just angry. They are angry that "our" Brett Favre is playing for another team. Nobody EVER thought that would happen. I suppose I could understand some anger if he was playing for an NFC team, but he's not. Some people really need to let it go....be happy reliving the Favre era and the fact he largely contributed to the Packers being a winning organization for years and years. Cherish the memories of games that other QB's would not have won. Hold close to your hearts him going out on that field after his Father passed and giving us the performance of a lifetime.

When I read posts from people downplaying what Brett Favre meant to the Green Bay Packers over the last 16 years and doing nothing but bashing him now, I can only think of one thing....you may be a football fan, but you are surely not a Green Bay Packer fan. To not appreciate everything that man gave to the Packers is just plain old idiotic. If some people post this type of thing in anger, maybe it's time to look inside...let go of the anger, it's not healthy!!

I will always be a Packer fan, but I will still always be a Brett Favre fan as well. I'm wishing the best for him with the Jets!!! Go Packers, Go Brett, Go Jets!!!!

gex
08-30-2008, 12:50 AM
QFT

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Scott Campbell
08-30-2008, 01:10 AM

"Pretty good" ??

If you ladies dig all that grey hair, you must love Thompson.

:lol:

packinpatland
08-30-2008, 08:13 AM
No, Ted has no grey hair.............it's all white! And it would take alot more than just the hair for Ted to turn heads. :wink:

esoxx
08-30-2008, 08:42 AM
At first I was really bewildered/hurt by all the Favre bashing I would read before/during/after the trade. those that attack him relentlessly and try to pretend what he did for the Packer organization over the years meant nothing.

07, you have to remember that the type doing the bashing are on the far reaches of the lunatic fringe. The pitiful few that continue their rant over and over.

As such, their views should not have any impact on you. Rather, they should be marginalized as the "black helicopter" crowd they belong to.

Frankly, I'm embarassed for them when I read some of the garbage they spew.

Tarlam!
08-30-2008, 08:54 AM
I think some of the unflattering comments put forward by "bashers" were unkind, made BF fans uncomfortable, but were true none-the-less.

What I have trouble deciphering in this whole discussion is:

1. When is it "respectful critique versus malicous bashing"?
2. When is it "healthy fanhood versus blind whorship"?

I've tried my best to be a healthy fan that will critique with respect and have managed to piss of both camps at different times and on a variety of discussions! :roll:

It's like I have the word antagonist tattooed on my forehead....

Fritz
08-30-2008, 08:56 AM

We can be both

I thought you only liked women who swung both ways!

esoxx
08-30-2008, 09:03 AM

This isn't hard.

1. Respectful critique: "Favre handled this situation poorly, he's not bigger than the team and shouldn't receive any special treatment."

Malicious bashing: "Favre is a piece of shit, garbage and an asshole."

2. Healthy fanhood is the former in the above scenario. The blind worship crowd I put in the same extremist camp as the malicious bashers.

GBRulz
08-30-2008, 09:41 AM

"Pretty good" ??

The man just gets hotter as he gets older. Sorta like George Clooney!!

GBRulz
08-30-2008, 09:49 AM
2. Healthy fanhood is the former in the above scenario. The blind worship crowd I put in the same extremist camp as the malicious bashers.

Speaking of which...I see that Brett's official site now has a Jets forum section in there for new members. Those people would be the blind worship crowd that you refer to. You probably will find the people who were walking around holding "Fire TT now" signs and that 6 year old who was cursing at Aaron, posting over there.

Harlan Huckleby
08-30-2008, 01:36 PM
If some people post this type of thing in anger, maybe it's time to look inside...let go of the anger, it's not healthy!!

you're the one with anger, dearie. why are you still making these speeches? You call people who criticized Favre's outragous behavior "bashers" and "haters." And you lobbied for Favre to be released rather than traded so he could play for the Vikings and fulfill your need for vengeance.

Let it go - it's not healthy.

mraynrand
08-30-2008, 02:45 PM

Speaking of which...I see that Brett's official site now has a Jets forum section in there for new members. Those people would be the blind worship crowd that you refer to. You probably will find the people who were walking around holding "Fire TT now" signs and that 6 year old who was cursing at Aaron, posting over there.

Finally, A happy home!

http://cobranchi.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/kid-middle-finger.jpg

mraynrand
08-30-2008, 02:48 PM
If some people post this type of thing in anger, maybe it's time to look inside...let go of the anger, it's not healthy!!

you're the one with anger, dearie. why are you still making these speeches? You call people who criticized Favre's outragous behavior "bashers" and "haters." And you lobbied for Favre to be released rather than traded so he could play for the Vikings and fulfill your need for vengeance.

My grandmother used that word all the time in scolding my aunt. She also used Depends.

GrnBay007
08-30-2008, 03:04 PM

My grandmother used that word all the time in scolding my aunt. She also used Depends.

It's kinda funny how HH gives me a sermon every time I post anything about Favre. I've noticed that. It's almost like Jr. stalking. :P I think when I post about Favre he gets these deep seeded guilt feelings so he must lash out. It will all be ok HH. 8-)

GBRulz
08-30-2008, 07:42 PM
It's kinda funny how HH gives me a sermon every time I post anything about Favre. I've noticed that. It's almost like Jr. stalking. :P I think when I post about Favre he gets these deep seeded guilt feelings so he must lash out. It will all be ok HH. 8-)

If there's a chance to stir the pot, HH will be there. BTW, the only QB I've seen him defend until he was blue in the face (hehe) was Michael Vick.

Harlan Huckleby
08-30-2008, 08:04 PM
It's kinda funny how HH gives me a sermon every time I post anything about Favre.

posted anything about Favre?! you just took a 20 minute turn on the pulpit to condemn people who disagreed with you on FAvre's behavior. The you have the hutzpah to accuse someone who responds to you a delivering a sermon.

Harlan Huckleby
08-30-2008, 08:07 PM

"Pretty good" ??

At first I was really bewildered/hurt by all the Favre bashing I would read before/during/after the trade. To thousands of Packer fans the guy was gold for years and it seemed heartless and cold to me to see some turn their backs on him. Not those that were just ok with moving on and knew it had to happen at some point, but those that attack him relentlessly and try to pretend what he did for the Packer organization over the years meant nothing. Pointing out his flaws, rather than appreciating what he brought to Green Bay. I believe some of those are just plain old assholes and don't really "get it". I believe others, although they may not admit it, are just angry. They are angry that "our" Brett Favre is playing for another team. Nobody EVER thought that would happen. I suppose I could understand some anger if he was playing for an NFC team, but he's not. Some people really need to let it go....be happy reliving the Favre era and the fact he largely contributed to the Packers being a winning organization for years and years. Cherish the memories of games that other QB's would not have won. Hold close to your hearts him going out on that field after his Father passed and giving us the performance of a lifetime.

When I read posts from people downplaying what Brett Favre meant to the Green Bay Packers over the last 16 years and doing nothing but bashing him now, I can only think of one thing....you may be a football fan, but you are surely not a Green Bay Packer fan. To not appreciate everything that man gave to the Packers is just plain old idiotic. If some people post this type of thing in anger, maybe it's time to look inside...let go of the anger, it's not healthy!!

I will always be a Packer fan, but I will still always be a Brett Favre fan as well. I'm wishing the best for him with the Jets!!! Go Packers, Go Brett, Go Jets!!!!

what do you call this? I call it crap. and why don't you stop lecturing people on the other side of the argument? MOVE ON. Most people are sick of it.

GrnBay007
08-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Most people are sick of it.

Hmm, then I think the intelligent thing to do would be to stay out of the "OFFICIAL BRETT THE JET THREAD". You sure have become a grumpy old blue dog.

Zool
08-30-2008, 11:02 PM
what do you call this? I call it crap. and why don't you stop lecturing people on the other side of the argument? MOVE ON. Most people are sick of it.

So essentially you're trying to tell 7 what she can and cannot post? Is that really your job here? Can I tell you to stop posting shit? If I do will you listen?

SnakeLH2006
08-31-2008, 02:34 AM

So essentially you're trying to tell 7 what she can and cannot post? Is that really your job here? Can I tell you to stop posting shit? If I do will you listen?

Holy hell. I almost coughed beer out my nose on that. :lol: Alright, I did. :oops:

swede
08-31-2008, 10:25 AM
I went to our first HS school football game and a football dad and grandpa walked in wearing "Favre--#4--JETS" jerseys.

It was my first chance to have an actual emotional reaction in real time to people representing Favre fandom over the Packers or even over the local HS team. I had heretofore staked out a mildly negative position on the issue, but I hadn't actually seen anybody wearing a Favre/JETS jersey.

My reaction was immediate: I hated them and assumed they'd be voting for Obama.

Move to NY you bastards!

So...now I know how I'd feel if I saw people wearing Favre/JETS jerseys.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Does anyone know what they're doing with the old Brett Favre wing in the Lambeau locker room? Does Donald get it based on seniority? Or is he just happier being one of the guys?

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2008, 04:32 PM

Bitter07 made a long speech calling Favre critics assholes & bashers. She capped her comments with some ironic advice for Favre critics to get over their anger. Then the ridiculous claim of victim status, persecution for supporting Favre. :?:

It is September, the Favre trauma is now a month in the past. If Favre fans want to carry on an argument with imaginary "bashers" into winter, and maybe through 2010, 2011, they can continue shadow boxing. And I will call them fools.

At least Woody is honest and open about his rage.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 04:34 PM

The correct term would be "vile hatred".

GrnBay007
09-01-2008, 03:52 AM

Bitter07 made a long speech calling Favre critics assholes & bashers. She capped her comments with some ironic advice for Favre critics to get over their anger. Then the ridiculous claim of victim status, persecution for supporting Favre. :?:

It is September, the Favre trauma is now a month in the past. If Favre fans want to carry on an argument with imaginary "bashers" into winter, and maybe through 2010, 2011, they can continue shadow boxing. And I will call them fools.

You know, you are really full of shit. If you don't like what I write, skip it. In the words of skinbasket (and although I don't like to see it repeatedly) go F yourself. You take so much stuff people write out of context just to stir the pot it's pathetic.

MOBB DEEP
09-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I went to our first HS school football game and a football dad and grandpa walked in wearing "Favre--#4--JETS" jerseys.

It was my first chance to have an actual emotional reaction in real time to people representing Favre fandom over the Packers or even over the local HS team. I had heretofore staked out a mildly negative position on the issue, but I hadn't actually seen anybody wearing a Favre/JETS jersey.

Move to NY you bastards!

as well they SHOULD be voting for obama - time for change; forget that old fool

MOBB DEEP
09-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know what they're doing with the old Brett Favre wing in the Lambeau locker room? Does Donald get it based on seniority? Or is he just happier being one of the guys?

SO disappointed in you. u're better than that....

mraynrand
09-01-2008, 10:07 AM

SO disappointed in you. u're better than that....

LOL!

mraynrand

The correct term would be "vile hatred".

AMEN!

mraynrand

You know, you are really full of shit. If you don't like what I write, skip it. In the words of skinbasket (and although I don't like to see it repeatedly) go F yourself. You take so much stuff people write out of context just to stir the pot it's pathetic.

U go GIRL!

mraynrand
09-01-2008, 10:08 AM

Holy hell. I almost coughed beer out my nose on that. :lol: Alright, I did. :oops:

SNAP!

mraynrand
09-01-2008, 10:08 AM

OMG!

mraynrand
09-01-2008, 10:09 AM

We can be both

I thought you only liked women who swung both ways!

TMI!

mraynrand
09-01-2008, 10:09 AM

This isn't hard.

1. Respectful critique: "Favre handled this situation poorly, he's not bigger than the team and shouldn't receive any special treatment."

Malicious bashing: "Favre is a piece of shit, garbage and an asshole."

QFT!

mraynrand
09-01-2008, 10:10 AM

Move to NY you bastards!

WORD!

gex
09-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Just a few more days to go!!!!!

GO PACK GO!
:D
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! :D

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 03:08 PM
No, Ted has no grey hair.............it's all white! And it would take alot more than just the hair for Ted to turn heads. :wink:

...wrong again; it's silver. Beware werewolves :lol:

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 03:20 PM

GO PACK GO!

I have to admit; I saw the Jets plays the Saints in 1992 (at the Meadows) and Saints won 20-0 in freezing cold NJ. My 3 weeks in NY, NO & Atl was when I really got to know that guy Brett Favre. I was a Packer fan (since 1989) but couldn't get tickets in that pre-internet age. I got my regular Packer Report paper (as it was) in the mail but it wasn't till I saw Brett play on US tv that I knew he was way, way better than my then hero Majik. I went to the US to see 3 NFL games in 1992 with a Falcs fan and a Saints fan; I didn't get to see Packers LIVE till 2006. The oct. 5th game at Lambeau will be my 7th NFL game & 2nd Packers game. Remember, Morten Andersen was playing for the Saints and he is Danish.

So go Jets, I guess, but freakin' Packers4Ever! :pack:

gex
09-01-2008, 05:10 PM

GO PACK GO!

I have to admit; I saw the Jets plays the Saints in 1992 (at the Meadows) and Saints won 20-0 in freezing cold NJ. My 3 weeks in NY, NO & Atl was when I really got to know that guy Brett Favre. I was a Packer fan (since 1989) but couldn't get tickets in that pre-internet age. I got my regular Packer Report paper (as it was) in the mail but it wasn't till I saw Brett play on US tv that I knew he was way, way better than my then hero Majik. I went to the US to see 3 NFL games in 1992 with a Falcs fan and a Saints fan; I didn't get to see Packers LIVE till 2006. The oct. 5th game at Lambeau will be my 7th NFL game & 2nd Packers game. Remember, Morten Andersen was playing for the Saints and he is Danish.

Heh, I got 10 years of the Packer Plus paper stored in a box out in the garage, just couldn't throw them away. One x-mas my girlfriend used some of them for wrapping paper for presents.
I freaked out.
She thought they looked cute.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 05:17 PM

GO PACK GO!

Heh, I got 10 years of the Packer Plus paper stored in a box out in the garage, just couldn't throw them away. One x-mas my girlfriend used some of them for wrapping paper for presents.
I freaked out.

Mine are gone :( save for a few from the 2 SB seasons. Women!!! :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2008, 06:34 PM

You know, you are really full of shit. If you don't like what I write, skip it. In the words of skinbasket (and although I don't like to see it repeatedly) go F yourself. .

go F myself? my, my. I think I will not skip it when you whine about the abusive treatment of Favre sniffers, when you're obviously the Keeper of the Revenge. And I'll ignore the snipes by the gents in shining armor who defend you because you're just a girl.

Actually you are one of my favorite people in the forum, my barbs are not a personal thing against you. It's just the matter of Favre where you are whacked out. In the head, to be specific.

cpk1994
09-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Kum by ah, My Lord, Kum by ah.................

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2008, 09:01 PM
This thread is awesome. Can we keep all of the Favre/Thompson hater/worshipper talk in here?

Bretsky
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
This thread is awesome. Can we keep all of the Favre/Thompson hater/worshipper talk in here?

I'd prefer to give the Turtle his own official thread :lol:

But to be honest...while I was opposed to this...this thread turned out to be a good idea

Deputy Nutz
09-01-2008, 09:24 PM

I am never showing you discovery channel boobs again.

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2008, 10:17 PM

You really think that throw to Jennings was a bad read by Rodgers? Watch the replay (on NFL.com). I've watched it a few times, and I'm convinced it's a great read and throw. Notice that he doesn't lead Jennings. If he had, the safety would have had a pick. He threw it to spot between the two players in a window where Jennings could catch. Jennings slowed up to make the catch, and he was off to the races. Yeah, he got lucky that it went for a TD, but it seems like a good read and a great throw to me. Hopefully, he can do that during the regular season.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2008, 01:31 PM

You really think that throw to Jennings was a bad read by Rodgers? Watch the replay (on NFL.com). I've watched it a few times, and I'm convinced it's a great read and throw. Notice that he doesn't lead Jennings. If he had, the safety would have had a pick. He threw it to spot between the two players in a window where Jennings could catch. Jennings slowed up to make the catch, and he was off to the races. Yeah, he got lucky that it went for a TD, but it seems like a good read and a great throw to me. Hopefully, he can do that during the regular season.

KEEP THAT FRICKIN RODGERS TALK THE HECK OUT OF THIS THREAD!

mmmdk
09-02-2008, 01:36 PM

Yeah like tiny ants doing weird stuff to a slug :) At your service people!

Zool
09-02-2008, 01:43 PM

? Anthropornography?

mmmdk
09-02-2008, 01:46 PM

? Anthropornography?

"They" made me do it! :shock:

bobblehead
09-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I freaked out.

Thats a mistype, you meant one christman my x-girlfriend....at least that is how it should read if she messed with your PP.

Zool
09-02-2008, 09:13 PM
A thought just popped into my head. Kellen Clemens must be secretly grumbling right about now. He's probably riding the pine till 2010 when they will most likely have drafted another QB to compete with him.

Bretsky
09-03-2008, 11:33 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=790788

Interesting article with comments from John Madden

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Interesting article with comments from John Madden

You had me until Madden.

pbmax
09-04-2008, 07:48 AM
I have a source at PackerChatters, the same one that told Bob McGinn that Favre was using a Packer cellphone, who says Clemens has already been texting Rodgers to see how he got the number one gig.

Apparently its all starts with a lot of meetings after 5:00 PM when senior citizens are usually getting ready to sleep.

A thought just popped into my head. Kellen Clemens must be secretly grumbling right about now. He's probably riding the pine till 2010 when they will most likely have drafted another QB to compete with him.

Scott Campbell
09-04-2008, 08:05 AM
I read that Brett Ratliff has had a terrific camp and is making a strong case for the 2 spot.

Deputy Nutz
09-04-2008, 09:14 AM

It wasn't a good read, I guess if you think throwing to a guy that is running his route into a coverage area with two defenders a good read then I hope you never decide to coach high school football much less junior high. He had the tight end with only one safety in coverage coverage and also had Driver up top. If I was the coach I wouldn't say much to Rodgers because he put the throw exactly where he needed to. He took a risk and it paid off.

Chevelle2
09-04-2008, 10:02 AM

It wasn't a good read, I guess if you think throwing to a guy that is running his route into a coverage area with two defenders a good read then I hope you never decide to coach high school football much less junior high. He had the tight end with only one safety in coverage coverage and also had Driver up top. If I was the coach I wouldn't say much to Rodgers because he put the throw exactly where he needed to. He took a risk and it paid off.

If Favre made that play everyone would be like "OMG WAT A GREAT THROW!!! BEST EWERR!!!"

Rodgers makes the throw: "Bad read, got lucky."

Deputy Nutz
09-04-2008, 10:15 AM
This is a discussion from another thread. I directly compared it to Favre. It was the same type of decision. So before you just entertain yourself with comparisons between Favre critique and Rodgers critique figure out where I am coming from.

Risky Read.

Great throw.

no luck involved.

HarveyWallbangers
09-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Risky Read.

Great throw.

no luck involved.

I disagree--despite your comments that I couldn't be a junior high coach. There was a hole in the coverage between the corner and safety. He hit the hole. If he had lead Jennings into the safety but Jennings made a terrific catch, I might agree with you. He didn't. Why take the dumpoff to the TE when you can have a big gain down the sidelines to your best receiver?

Guiness
09-04-2008, 11:00 AM

Ok lizard, time to introduce you to the Packer Rats Exclusive© internet slang. You danced all around it, but didn't quite get it.

BOMNF - Beer Out My Nostrils Funny
Use it at your own discretion.

cpk1994
09-04-2008, 11:25 AM
If Favre made that play everyone would be like "OMG WAT A GREAT THROW!!! BEST EWERR!!!"

Rodgers makes the throw: "Bad read, got lucky."

QFT. This will happen quite a lot, and already goes on.