PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers -vs- Vikings game thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 10:54 AM
I think Rodgers is going to have a great coming out party on the biggest possible opening day stage. He and the great WR's of the Packers are going to dismantle the Vikings pass defense.

The ST's is going to have great plays, with a good chance of forcing a fumble or taking a return back for a TD.

I think the defense will bend, giving up over 100 yards to AP, but I think they will force more field goals than TD's, doing enough to get the win.

Have a GREAT season everyone. This game kicks off the next great era of Packer football.

BallHawk
09-01-2008, 11:13 AM
And the ban is for what?

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 11:17 AM
And the ban is for what?

It's in the Favre talks thread, a couple pages back. I called out some pretty high ranking posters for what I consider trying to hold people down.

I understand why they're pissed. I did call them out and people do not like that, but I didn't think it would get me a permanent ban. Regardless, I'm going to use my last day to say good bye and maybe they'll come around, realizing it was too steep and it will just be another crazy day at packerrats :)

BallHawk
09-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Reading the Favre thread, I saw it as no different than many of the other threads that we've had: bickering, bitching, and namecalling. While it is Mad's right to ban anybody he pleases, IMO, a probation period would be more reasonable. Does JH get out of line sometimes, yes. But no more out of line than a lot of other people do on this forum. Whatever your opinion may be, I found that having a Green Bay local on this forum was a plus, training camp reports coming to mind. He's been here for two years, a lot of these guys that are causing trouble have been here for a lot less time. Is a ban within reason? Yes. Personally, I feel a lifetime ban is ridiculous, but I'm not the guy that runs this site, so Mad can do whatever he feels best.

Just my two cents.

oregonpackfan
09-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Good luck, JH.

Someone once said, "A mature man learns more from his mistakes than his successes."

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Good luck, JH.

Someone once said, "A mature man learns more from his mistakes than his successes."

For sure :)

Thanks.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Good luck, JH.

...my mom said I was a mistake...I wonder what she meant...?

Dabaddestbear
09-01-2008, 12:21 PM
wow...
I was away for a while, but I couldn't imagine what you could have said that would have got you a lifetime ban on here. :roll:

mission
09-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I thought I was kinda geeky/computer smart but um... how do you post if ya banned?

:?:

GBRulz
09-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Reading the Favre thread, I saw it as no different than many of the other threads that we've had: bickering, bitching, and namecalling. While it is Mad's right to ban anybody he pleases, IMO, a probation period would be more reasonable. Does JH get out of line sometimes, yes. But no more out of line than a lot of other people do on this forum. Whatever your opinion may be, I found that having a Green Bay local on this forum was a plus, training camp reports coming to mind. He's been here for two years, a lot of these guys that are causing trouble have been here for a lot less time. Is a ban within reason? Yes. Personally, I feel a lifetime ban is ridiculous, but I'm not the guy that runs this site, so Mad can do whatever he feels best.

Just my two cents.

I would assume that Mad has garnished a ton of complaints about this site lately. Lots of regs who used to post here, don't come around much anymore and it's because of all the bickering and provoking going on. It's the same people over and over again who are involved. Mad gives people many chances before banning them, so I would think twice about calling him ridiculous.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I thought I was kinda geeky/computer smart but um... how do you post if ya banned?

:?:

...are you trying to be smart? :lol:

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Wait a second...this thread is about:

VIKINGS STILL SUCK

Sorry, Ras...damnit I always say sorry to Ras! So:

VIKINGS STILL SUCK

:P

GBRulz
09-01-2008, 12:37 PM
I'll be at this game, just wondering what other rats might be going?

Our standard tailgating spot is alongside the building at Sideline Sports Bar. You'll see about 10 Packer jerseys and one purple person. Yeah, one of my friends is dating a guy from MN who is a die-hard Queens fan. Stupid girl....j/k

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 12:42 PM

Our standard tailgating spot is alongside the building at Sideline Sports Bar. You'll see about 10 Packer jerseys and one purple person. Yeah, one of my friends is dating a guy from MN who is a die-hard Queens fan. Stupid girl....j/k

ME!!!

GBRulz
09-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Really? I thought you were going to the Falcons game?

PM me, we'll try to hook up again this year. two years ago, you ditched me for Bretsky....j/k

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 12:44 PM

..if it's the MN guy coming? - don't - we'll probably beat him up :lol:

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 12:46 PM

PM me, we'll try to hook up again this year. two years ago, you ditched me for Bretsky....j/k

What did I say??? I meant the PR game: Packers vs Falcons

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 12:46 PM

..if it's the MN guy coming? - don't - we'll probably beat him up :lol:

That explains the purple thing - my bad!

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 12:49 PM

I thought B was a hot eastern euro chick (just arrived) that needed a good time... :lol:

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 01:14 PM

What did I say??? I meant the PR game: Packers vs Falcons

You got this GBR? :D

GBRulz
09-01-2008, 01:28 PM

I thought B was a hot eastern euro chick (just arrived) that needed a good time... :lol:

Nooo, B would be someone looking for two hot eastern euro chic's looking for a good time...together. lol.

Ok, I've got it straight on when you'll be here. Not for the MN game, but the Falcons game!

oregonpackfan
09-01-2008, 02:04 PM
I so badly want the Packers to win on MNF. First, I despise the Vikings more than any other NFL team. Second, because I have two different bets of 12-packs against two different Minnesota transplants out here. :)

MJZiggy
09-01-2008, 02:06 PM
I so badly want the Packers to win on MNF. First, I despise the Vikings more than any other NFL team. Second, because I have two different bets of 12-packs against two different Minnesota transplants out here. :)

Wait, are you a happy drunk? (and are you sharing your winnings with Mrs. OPF?)

oregonpackfan
09-01-2008, 03:26 PM
I would be a happy "fat man" as I bet 12 packs of soda, not beer.

Diet Pepsi is my downfall. :)

MJZiggy
09-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Ok. Order has been restored to the universe...

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2008, 12:37 PM
a game thread a week in advance??

Rastak
09-04-2008, 05:58 AM
First injury reports are up:

Vikings
QB Tarvaris Jackson (knee); RB Maurice Hicks (foot); WR Robert Ferguson (ankle); and S Madieu Williams (neck).

Packers:

S Atari Bigby (ankle); T Chad Clifton (knees/chest); DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (knee); RB Ryan Grant (hamstring); LB A.J. Hawk (chest); WR James Jones (knee); S Charlie Peprah (hamstring); G Josh Sitton (knee); DE Jeremy Thompson (groin); C Scott Wells (back); LB Tracy White (ankle).

BooHoo
09-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I am predicting a Pack victory. The Vikes QM will throw the ball away at least 3 times.

Pack: 20
Vikes: 14

Harlan Huckleby
09-04-2008, 03:35 PM
wow, packers are really banged up, most of those injuries are legit, serious problems.

I take it the game thread is up because the Packers-Vikings are the thursday night game. That sure crept up in a hurry, better get that big screen tv rented.

BooHoo
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
The early Monday night game. Just starting early.

Okay, Harlan you got me!!

Carolina_Packer
09-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Remember how the Giants stunk on ice to start last season. I think by the end they proved that it's a long enough season to get healthy and gel as a team, so even if the Pack limps out of the gate, I wouldn't be all doom and gloom. Now, if Rodgers gets sacked and doesn't get up, then that will be tough to recover from. Then we might have another retiree to call...Culpepper.

Freak Out
09-05-2008, 01:00 PM
So is Harrell banned or what? What did he edit out of the original post? Ty? Call your contact with the Enquirer. :lol:

I'm glad it's a long weekend for the Packers so they get a chance to heal up.

RashanGary
09-05-2008, 01:32 PM
No, Mad spared me.

When he comes to town, we better get a poker game going so I can take his money ;)

As far as Minny goes, we've got to take the beat down to Peterson. Hit him hard. Hit him low. Hit him often.

packers11
09-05-2008, 01:40 PM
The key to the game is if Hawk plays... I cannot imagine Chillar going out there playing like he did in preseason against a top 5 RB (AP)... That would be a mess.

If Rodgers can just manage the game and not take many sacks / throw int, the packers should be fine... The packers have the best receiving core when it comes to YAC, so just get them the ball and let them do all the hard work...

Carolina_Packer
09-05-2008, 01:47 PM
The key to the game is if Hawk plays... I cannot imagine Chillar going out there playing like he did in preseason against a top 5 RB (AP)... That would be a mess.

If Rodgers can just manage the game and not take many sacks / throw int, the packers should be fine... The packers have the best receiving core when it comes to YAC, so just get them the ball and let them do all the hard work...

Can LB's be made to look bad if the D-line sucks? Just curious for all those who know football well. I'm guessing the answer is yes, but technique-wise, couldn't tell you diddly. Perhaps someone else could explain it in terms of our scheme and break down what was happening in the pre-season and how that might look different in the regular season.

rpiotr01
09-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Can LB's be made to look bad if the D-line sucks? Just curious for all those who know football well. I'm guessing the answer is yes, but technique-wise, couldn't tell you diddly. Perhaps someone else could explain it in terms of our scheme and break down what was happening in the pre-season and how that might look different in the regular season.

Yes. In our scheme our DTs are counted on to eat up blockers and free gaps for the LBs. Scratch that. In many ways in EVERYONE'S scheme. If they wear down or get washed out you're going to have linemen with 50+ lbs on our LBs going head to head with said LBs and it's not going to be pretty. Regardless of who is playing at LB, they need the freedom to make first contact with the ball carrier and really swarm.

As for pre-season vs now, the way it'll look different is Ryan Pickett will be there, and he is our best DT. A big guy, good quickness and power. We're counting on him to eat up those O-linemen. Even injured he's effective.

As for Hawk, I agree with the statement a few posts ago - he's really the key to us getting off the field and winning this game. He's so fast and such a sure tackler, we've really missed him in pre-season.

That's why it's been impossible to gauge our D this pre-season. Hawk missed 3 games. Pickett 4. Two guys vital to our run stopping weren't there. No wonder a couple teams ran all over us.

RashanGary
09-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Chillar looked weak.

He is a pussy, relatively speaking (I'm sure he'd beat my ass in a heartbeat). The reason I say this is because every time he tackled a running back he was getting shoved back like a safety or corner back. I really can't believe how weak he his. Brady Poppinga has blown up several FBs, TE's and running backs. Barnett usually finishes a tackle in a tie, not a loss. Hawk is between Barnett and Poppinga. Chillar just gets physically beat down. I'm not sure you can fix that until next off season if he changes his workout approach. We need Hawk. If not, I'd go with Bishop.

packers11
09-05-2008, 05:31 PM
JH...

I couldn't have said it any better... I think Ahmad Carroll tackled better... Ok ok ... I won't go that far :lol:

RashanGary
09-05-2008, 05:56 PM
shart (went to edit but accidently squeezed out a new post)

The Gunshooter
09-05-2008, 07:40 PM
I would like to know what is so different between the last time these two teams played and now. Ok, I don't believe it will be 34-0 but it can easily be 27-10. I really don't see how MN can win this one. No worries.

mmmdk
09-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Bold prediction: the winner of this game wins the NFC North.

Rastak
09-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Ok, the official injury reports are out: (edit: comments by Kevin Siefert)

GREEN BAY PACKERS
Out

G Josh Sitton (knee)
Doubtful

WR James Jones (knee)
Questionable

LB A.J. Hawk (chest)
S Charlie Peprah (hamstring)
C Scott Wells (back)
Probable

S Atari Bigby (ankle)
T Chad Clifton (knees/chest)
DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (knee)
RB Ryan Grant (hamstring)
DE Jeremy Thompson (groin)
LB Tracy White (ankle)
What it means: Unless he has a setback, Gbaja-Biamila will play Monday night against Minnesota. Hawk's status might not be known until game time. Neither Jones nor Wells are expected to play. They would be replaced by Ruvell Martin and Jason Spitz, respectively.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MINNESOTA VIKINGS
Out

S Madieu Williams (neck)
Doubtful

RB Maurice Hicks (foot)
Probable

WR Robert Ferguson (ankle)
QB Tarvaris Jackson (knee)
What it means: Hicks probably won't play, and the Vikings will have to find someone else to return kickoffs, likely will be receiver Aundrae Allison. Jackson will play. Ferguson is healthy enough to play, but could be inactive due to numbers at the receiver position.

b bulldog
09-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Vikings 24
Packers 16

gex
09-06-2008, 01:29 PM
After watching some highlights of the Queens pass rush on espn, I'm thinking this might be more one sided than originally thought. Don't know if poor aaron makes it the full game.
Queens 27-Pack 13
Thats one hell of a defense they got up there. :shock:

TheCheese
09-06-2008, 02:11 PM
After watching some highlights of the Queens pass rush on espn, I'm thinking this might be more one sided than originally thought. Don't know if poor aaron makes it the full game.
Queens 27-Pack 13

Alright, I'm gettting sick of this shit. We downright dominated the Vikes last year with our O against their D and they add 1 player, just 1 player and all of the sudden they are going to fuck us up? Come on guys get real this is Jared Allen we are talking about not Deacon Jones. We blocked Jared Allen almost all 1 on 1 with Tauscher and he did't record a stat. Now we are going to be asking Clifton to do the same and he will do just as well.

Seriously, this is just ESPN hype and you guys are buying it. Certainly the Williams brothers will help Allen but hes still going to have to go through Clifton. Rodgers is going to chew through that defense just like we did last year.

Pack wins 24-10.

MadtownPacker
09-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Im surprised by all the low expectations. Doesnt seem to reflect the discussions we have had for the last 8 months. I dont expect to see a shut out but the Pack should be favored for this game IMO. The teams are really not alot different. Thinking this game is going to have several mistakes from both teams. Whoever makes the last one is gonna lose it at the end. As long as M3 doesn't pull that crap playcalling he did in SF everything will be fine.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Kind of funny that I actually think we might be more likely to win in Minnesota than this game. The two main reasons: 1) this is ARod's first start, so I'd expect some issues in this game, 2) I don't like that we have a lot of guys who are out or who might be rusty. I'm not sure I've seen the Packers have so many nagging injuries in the preseason.

esoxx
09-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Vikings - 23
Packers - 16

cpk1994
09-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Im surprised by all the low expectations. Doesnt seem to reflect the discussions we have had for the last 8 months. I dont expect to see a shut out but the Pack should be favored for this game IMO. The teams are really not alot different. Thinking this game is going to have several mistakes from both teams. Whoever makes the last one is gonna lose it at the end. As long as M3 doesn't pull that crap playcalling he did in SF everything will be fine.I agree with this.

RashanGary
09-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Sucks to open on Monday night.

mngolf19
09-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Queens 27-Pack 13

Alright, I'm gettting sick of this shit. We downright dominated the Vikes last year with our O against their D and they add 1 player, just 1 player and all of the sudden they are going to fuck us up? Come on guys get real this is Jared Allen we are talking about not Deacon Jones. We blocked Jared Allen almost all 1 on 1 with Tauscher and he did't record a stat. Now we are going to be asking Clifton to do the same and he will do just as well.

Seriously, this is just ESPN hype and you guys are buying it. Certainly the Williams brothers will help Allen but hes still going to have to go through Clifton. Rodgers is going to chew through that defense just like we did last year.

Pack wins 24-10.

Cheese, you also lost Favre. I'm not sure any of you realize how big he was last year and not just in the MN games.

mngolf19
09-07-2008, 08:54 PM
After watching today's games, I guess I shouldn't be surprised if both teams suck tomorrow. Wow there was a lot of bad football today. Hard to watch.

Pacopete4
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
I expect some sloppy football, some bad clock management, missed assignments and I expect it on both sides, Vikes and Pack... with all that being said, it'l probably come down to a game winning kick.. hopefully by crosby

Brando19
09-07-2008, 09:06 PM
I expect some sloppy football, some bad clock management, missed assignments and I expect it on both sides, Vikes and Pack... with all that being said, it'l probably come down to a game winning kick.. hopefully by crosby

Damn right! Crosby's on my FF team. 8-)

Bretsky
09-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I would like to know what is so different between the last time these two teams played and now. Ok, I don't believe it will be 34-0 but it can easily be 27-10. I really don't see how MN can win this one. No worries.

I'm wondering if this is a trick question but if not I'll take a shot

We have a new QB
Our DL seems be be weaker due to CW loss and injuries
Our OL seems to be weaker due to injuries
We have Jordy Nelson instead of James Jones

Partial
09-07-2008, 10:32 PM
31-12 minne is my prediction.

bobblehead
09-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Queens 27-Pack 13

Pack wins 24-10.

Cheese, you also lost Favre. I'm not sure any of you realize how big he was last year and not just in the MN games.

I think most of us realize more than you do, just what favre meant to us...for every OT TD pass in denver and late heroics in KC is an INT before the half at KC and the OT pick against the giants. If ARod is mistake free we will win this game. Grant will probably get shut down cuz the queens are that good at stuffing the run, but our controlled passing game will decide if we win or lose. 8 men in the box will control peterson, so a lot comes down to arod vs. Tjack....you make the call.

Rastak
09-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Okay guys, best of luck.....well, maybe a minor bit of luck. It sucks that the first game of the year has to be such a tough game. These teams are evenly matched and as fans, who wants to see their team lose on opening night after the long offseason? Well, when you have two teams that want to win, only one can win as that goofball Denny Green once said.

I expect a lower scoring , tight exciting game. Green Bay at home, I give them the edge. Could go either way though!

mmmdk
09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
I predict a loss but I'm desperate....I'll buy danish for all PackerRats at the PR-game - if - Packers beat Vikings tonite on MNF!

GBRulz; I hope you can help get some deal or something in GB :P :pack:

red
09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
well, i have around 150 bottles of beer on hand. so i'm prepared for the worst

i hope for the best, but prepared for the worst. and i'm sure i'm not alone

either packer fans will be put at ease tonight, or green bay will be in flames by the end of the night

a lot has been building for this moment

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I have a slightly sick feeling that the Packers aren't ready because of all their injuries.

Rastak
09-08-2008, 05:46 PM
well, i have around 150 bottles of beer on hand. so i'm prepared for the worst

i hope for the best, but prepared for the worst. and i'm sure i'm not alone

either packer fans will be put at ease tonight, or green bay will be in flames by the end of the night

a lot has been building for this moment

Yea, you guys really do have a ton of pressure. Vikes are on the road, losing isn't the end of the world. Packers have a huge changing of the gaurd and a semi-civil war which erupted during the summer.

Just remember, it's just one game.

Rastak
09-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I have a slightly sick feeling that the Packers aren't ready because of all their injuries.

Isn't Sitton the only guy out? I'm nmore worried about the Vikings QB lacking mobility. The Vikings are missing a starting safety and are starting a rookie. They are missing a starting left tackle (suspension). It seems to me they are worse off.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure who is out, i just woke-up from my nappy-poo, but the starting units haven't worked together on either side of the ball.

boiga
09-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Isn't Sitton the only guy out? I'm nmore worried about the Vikings QB lacking mobility. The Vikings are missing a starting safety and are starting a rookie. They are missing a starting left tackle (suspension). It seems to me they are worse off. Wells and Jones are our major inactives. Hawk and KGB are active and starting, which should help against AD.

I'm going out to watch the gamenow , so till I get back:

GO PACK! GO RODGERS!

red
09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
big question

will the packer game thread surpass the jets game thread?

Rastak
09-08-2008, 05:55 PM
big question

Mo definately.

pack4to84
09-08-2008, 05:55 PM
big question

will the packer game thread surpass the jets game thread?easily

pack4to84
09-08-2008, 05:57 PM
both teams are evenly matched, so this should be a nail bitter.

MadtownPacker
09-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Break it down tavaris, break it down AP!!!!! Time to take out the offseason frustration out on a divisional rival!

pbmax
09-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Cable impaired?

Justin TV-> Sports -> look for Jets logo

ironic, huh?

MJZiggy
09-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I just walked in the door. I'm gonna starve to death at this rate, but I don't care, it's Packer Football!!!!

red
09-08-2008, 06:03 PM
well, the new year begins

mmmdk
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Let's roll.

Watching the game in HD :pack:

Lurker64
Kornheiser needs to shut up. Favre's performance yesterday raised the bar for Rodgers? Really? Is there any rational football fan that doesn't realize that Minnesota is a significantly better defensive team than the Dolphins? Does anybody really think that Rodgers couldn't throw for 2 TDs and 194 yards against the Fish?

red
LOL

and a favre commercial right off the bat

MadtownPacker
09-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I predict a loss but I'm desperate....I'll buy danish for all PackerRats at the PR-game - if - Packers beat Vikings tonite on MNF!

GBRulz; I hope you can help get some deal or something in GB :P :pack:Your bringing Danish dank?? 8-)

Badgerinmaine
09-08-2008, 06:05 PM
LOL

and a favre commercial right off the bat
I saw that...I shoulda known that was coming.

Badgerinmaine
09-08-2008, 06:06 PM
big question

it had better. Here's my contribution. :D

mmmdk
09-08-2008, 06:06 PM

GBRulz; I hope you can help get some deal or something in GB :P :pack:Your bringing Danish dank?? 8-)

Uhm yeah - said it - know a good deal?

Badgerinmaine
09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Did anyone else have the same thought about Jaws when he said "Aaron Rodgers can be a solid NFL quarterback" as me, namely "Ron Jaworski, on the other hand, can be a gaseous ex-NFL quarterback". :P

HowardRoark
09-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Tony Kornheiser likes to look at Jared Allen in a cowboy outfit. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Lurker64
09-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Did anyone else have the same thought about Jaws when he said "Aaron Rodgers can be a solid NFL quarterback" as me, namely "Ron Jaworski, on the other hand, can be a gaseous ex-NFL quarterback". :P

Heh. Is there any chance we can get just Tirico commenting on this game?

Lurker64
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Pretty shallow kick by Longwell...

Rastak
09-08-2008, 06:12 PM

Average return by Nelson. :)

Lurker64
Welcome back Ryan Grant. I'm sure that he's feeling better now that he's gotten hit.

imscott72

You sound surprised?

imscott72
first down!

Lurker64
09-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Now there's a play I haven't seen for a while...

Rastak
Both teams look kinda tight.

mmmdk
Go deep!

Bretsky
09-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Let's Rock

imscott72
09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
oh shit that was close..Come on Spitz..

Lurker64
Well, there goes the momentum on this drive...

mmmdk
Both teams look kinda tight.

Spot on.

gbgary
3rd and big

imscott72
09-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Stupid penalties..Come on..

imscott72
09-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Nice punt!!

Rastak
09-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Nice punt....hope he gets a good workout!

mmmdk
play of the day - FROST.

Lurker64
I don't get why Kornheiser is constantly insisting that Rodgers is being judged. Who's judging him? I'm not, are you?

He's the quarterback of the Packers, Packer fans want him to do well and Packer opponents want him to do not-so-well. I don't see where the judging is.

mmmdk
09-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Stupid penalties..Come on..

Jitters from facing Viking DL.

imscott72
09-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Nice punt....hope he gets a good workout!

Get this guy outta here!! :lol:

Brando19
09-08-2008, 06:19 PM
play of the day - FROST.

Hope not....it'll be a boring game. :lol:

MadtownPacker
OK, got the nerves out of the way. Time to take advantage of the vikings over aggressive DL with a nice screen.

mmmdk
I don't get why Kornheiser is constantly insisting that Rodgers is being judged. Who's judging him? I'm not, are you?

He's the quarterback of the Packers, Packer fans want him to do well and Packer opponents want him to do not-so-well. I don't see where the judging is.

...not even in the jury.

Lurker64
09-08-2008, 06:20 PM
The key to holding Peterson in check is playing assignment sure and gang tackling, I suspect.

Brando19
Kampman VERY energetic tonight....i love that guy!

Rastak
Must have been nice coverage there.

mmmdk
play of the day - FROST.

Hope not....it'll be a boring game. :lol:

...shoulda said: so far :lol:

Brando19
Damn...gotta stop the QB from running on us!

imscott72
09-08-2008, 06:21 PM
damn couldn't collapse on him there..

Rastak
09-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Knee doesn't look too bad.

Brando19
09-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Vikings are so dangerous...this game scares me a bit.

Lurker64
09-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Neither team able to run the screen pass tonight.

Rastak
Terrible screen pass execution.

Brando19
C'mon D....step up here! 3rd down......

imscott72
09-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I love the Packers intensity tonight. The D is pursuing like crazy..They're looking like Da Bears last night. Keep it up!

Brando19
BLITZ YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmdk
Knee doesn't look too bad.

...you hurt yourself dancing? :)

Lurker64
AK-74!

rdanomly
Awesome sack!

gbgary
nice!!

red
wow, that was nifty

imscott72
KAMPY!!!!!!!

Rastak
Nice sack Kampman. Nice stunt.

Brando19
09-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Sack number 1 of the year for Kampy!

Lurker64
I don't know who observed earlier that both teams look stiff, but that really is the case. I wonder if it's field conditions, or playing on monday night, or what. But everybody looks pretty stiff so far.

Brando19
Who needs Jared Allen...we have AK-74!

gbgary
09-08-2008, 06:27 PM
wow, that was nifty

nifty? do you say nifty a lot? :)

Brando19
I don't know who observed earlier that both teams look stiff, but that really is the case. I wonder if it's field conditions, or playing on monday night, or what. But everybody looks pretty stiff so far.
1st game of the season, maybe?

Rastak

That was me.

Yea, they look rather uptight. I'm guessing they loosen up. This is a big game for an opening night for all involved.

Badgerinmaine
09-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Sweet sack--and I loved Barnett's intro, especially Snap Crackle Pop-pinga.

red
wow, that was nifty

that might have been a 1st for me

Lurker64
Enough with the pre-snap penalties...

gbgary
09-08-2008, 06:29 PM
shit. come on guys...help him out a little.

imscott72
These fuckin penalties gotta go..

Rastak
wow, that was nifty

that might have been a 1st for me

Nifty is ok....try to work in keen.

mmmdk
Penalties - Packers aren't clickin' yet.

Brando19
09-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Come on guys....get a first down here.

Lurker64
Grant was hitting that hole harder last year...

pack4to84
Grant seem not to have his burst yet

red
jesus christ

Rastak
09-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Lucky bastards!!!!!!!!!!

Brando19
YES!!!!!!! BJACK Fumbled and Jennings picks it up for a nice first down!

imscott72
Brandon you moron and lucky bastard!!

Lurker64
I don't want to see the ball on the ground like that, as happy as I am about the outcome.

Brando19
12 men in the huddle? Gosh GB...stupid penalties!

imscott72
WTF..Fuckin penalties!! JEEZ

mmmdk
Lucky...then another pen :shock:

Lurker64
Okay, that's the third "mental error" by the offense in the first quarter. Discipline, guys! Discipline!

gbgary
another stupid penalty.

imscott72
09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
this is gettin ridiculous.. :roll:

mmmdk
Awful, just awful :x

Rastak
Man Green Bay is imploding......

red
good grief

piss poor play by the o-line right now

Brando19
Tripping? Damn...they're making up shit now....what next....Sexual Harassment on the Offense...10 yard penalty?

Lurker64
Anybody playing "penalty bingo"? So far we've had holding, tripping, illegal formation, false start, and too may men in the huddle.

gbgary
09-08-2008, 06:33 PM
MM needs to kick everyones ass for these penalties.

Rastak
Tripping? Damn...they're making up shit now....what next....Sexual Harassment on the Offense...10 yard penalty?

You can't do that.

imscott72
speechless...fag refs quit calling shit..

Rastak
Clifton holding Allen twice......

Gunakor
FIVE penalties on the offensive line in the first 2 drives...

Lurker64
09-08-2008, 06:34 PM

You can't do that.

Didn't somebody supposedly grope Pac-Man in a pile yesterday? That didn't get flagged...

Rastak
speechless...fag refs quit calling shit..

Yea, why have rules, let's play rollerball.

Brando19

You can't do that.

Didn't somebody supposedly grope Pac-Man in a pile yesterday? That didn't get flagged...

Hahahaha...only because he wasn't a Packer.

imscott72
no flag? Does that play count? :roll:

gbgary
listen to the crowd cheer for no penalty on the play.

mmmdk
09-08-2008, 06:35 PM
5/48 in penalties - in 1 Q???

Let's get going Packers!

retailguy
Is 1st & 33 kind of like 4th & 26? Sheesh.

Lurker64
This is one of the worst drive I've ever seen. It's kind of funny because the game is still tied.

imscott72
Kornhole's gonna piss me off in a hurry tonight.. :evil: Enough Favre shit..

Brando19
09-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Is 1st & 33 kind of like 4th & 26? Sheesh.

I try to forget that play.

rdanomly

2nd that.

Brando19
Tramon...damn he's fast!

retailguy

Would you rather have him talk about the 5 penalties?

Rastak
Nice hit....

Lurker64
That was a weird tackle by Tramon. Effective, but definitely not textbook.

mmmdk
09-08-2008, 06:37 PM
A-Rod not getting help. OL looks out of shape. Rodgers looks fine.

imscott72
Nice job TWill...At least we got em backed up to the 30..Could of been a huge disaster that ugly drive..

falco
alright tramon! put t-will on the o-line he'll do a better job

imscott72

YES

Badgerinmaine

What I really wish is that he didn't have five penalties to talk about. :(

Bretsky
09-08-2008, 06:38 PM
For the anti cut Joe Ryan guys........witness the last two punts.

Better hang time; me thinks that is very very important in a division with Hester in it.

mmmdk

2nd that.

Only Packers playing great and winning will shut him up. Bet on it!

falco

Better hang time; me thinks that is very very important in a division with Hester in it.

good location two, second punt put him right on the sidelines

Lurker64
Nice job TWill...At least we got em backed up to the 30..Could of been a huge disaster that ugly drive..

Well, the 12 yard gain on 3rd and forever helps a fair bit with field position. That's usually what teams do on 3rd and ultra-long, just call a play to improve your field position and then play defense. People usually go for 15-20 on 3rd and 30 for that reason.

ND72
Tony Kornheiser is a horrible announcer.

retailguy

they look great ... looks like a good find

Badgerinmaine

Yup--plus the rookie returner is going to learn to fair catch punts when he's about to get flattened. :shock:

Brando19
09-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Damn....Harris got jacked up!

falco
no way peterson would have knocked t-will down like that

Bretsky
Welcome to All Day Peterson :!:

Brando19
Damnit to hell!! Stop that bastard!

imscott72
09-08-2008, 06:40 PM
well that sucked..

rdanomly
Hawk is looking solid so far. Two saves back to back.

ND72
I counted about 8 holding penalties on the last 2 Peterson carries, where are their penalty calls?

retailguy
meltdown.... :shock:

Lurker64
Adrian Peterson is pretty good. Guys need to not try to stand up and tackle him while they're standing still and he's moving.

jmbarnes101
I was thinking the same thing.

I counted about 8 holding penalties on the last 2 Peterson carries, where are their penalty calls?

Bretsky
Crap...even the dirty Chester is running on us

falco
09-08-2008, 06:41 PM
they shouldn't even him play he's clearly a child of the gods or some shit

imscott72

Is it too early to bring out the conspiracy accusation?? :lol:

Rastak

Usually the refs overlook calls by the visiting team...... :roll:

I'm guessing they were less obvious than the home lads.

mmmdk
Damnit to hell!! Stop that bastard!

Can't (today) - contain & give up FG(s) or turnovers.

Brando19
09-08-2008, 06:43 PM
What? A penalty on the Vikings?

imscott72
yeah flag those purple bastards!!

ND72
I'm expecting a lot of Viking love by the announcers tonight. A lot of "why isn't Aaron Rodgers Brett Favre?" (already got that going) and Viking love (got that going as well).

Rastak
Don't these team know how to line up?

Gunakor
09-08-2008, 06:44 PM

Maybe it's the refs...

Brando19
nice stop...hold em to 3.

Lurker64

It's the first week, both of these teams look solid but with some really rough edges.

Rastak
Piss poor pass.....

falco
09-08-2008, 06:45 PM
if i'm the vikings i run it on 3rd and 4....why not??

Brando19
3 to 0...we can come back..we can win this game.

Bretsky
nice stop...hold em to 3.

terrible pass; TJack is the weakest link

PackerTimer
Coming out of this with a FG is a small win.

Rastak
09-08-2008, 06:46 PM

Casue soon there will be 11 on the line. They had single coverage on the left side....that was lame.

Lurker64
3 to 0...we can come back..we can win this game.

I fully expect this game to be within one score as time expires. There's a lot of football left to play.

mmmdk

I'd run all day on us. No pun.

Tarlam!
Grim game for the Pack so far.

Dabaddestbear
09-08-2008, 06:47 PM
OK, I know its early. But the Pack may just lose this one BIG. They cant stop a run to save their lives. and the O-line looks worst than I thought they was.

PackerTimer

And yet, only down 3-0.

mmmdk

I'd run all day on us. No pun.

Strike deep too and screen to RBs & TEs.

MadtownPacker
Why the hellare they trying to tackle peterson high?? He is shedding off tacklers like dandruff!

I hate to say it but JustinHarrell is right. Gotta tackle him low. NOt saying to hurt him Rastak so chill. Just gotta wrap his legs up or he aint stop[ping.

gbgary
gotta slow peterson down and make tj pass. if this doesn't happen it's gonna be a long night...especially if our offense can't get going.

imscott72
09-08-2008, 06:48 PM
man I love Longwell and his short kicks..

Gunakor

Could be a lot worse. Hopefully the OL comes out focused this drive. 5 penalties in 2 drives is unacceptable at every level.

Badgerinmaine
I just took four cans of trash out the curb. Hopefully that will fix the stinking I have been sensing so far. :|

Brando19
man I love Longwell and hit short kicks..

Yeah....that pussy rules.

Rastak
09-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Why the hellare they trying to tackle peterson high?? He is shedding off tacklers like dandruff!

I hate to say it but JustinHarrell is right. Gotta tackle him low. NOt saying to hurt him Rastak so chill. Just gotta wrap his legs up or he aint stop[ping.

I agree in theory but he's got a quick feet, you might just find yourself on the ground behind him. I saw a few front line guys on the ground before the second line grabbed him high.

Brando19
I just took four cans of trash out the curb. Hopefully that will fix the stinking I have been sensing so far. :|

Have you had Taco Bell tonight?

MadtownPacker

And yet, only down 3-0.Agreed.The time to screw up it now not at the end of them game. Like I said during the week, the score will be close.

Rastak
09-08-2008, 06:50 PM
man I love Longwell and hit short kicks..

Yeah....that pussy rules.

yea, not so good so far, he had deep kicks last year......they rested him most of preseason. Either he is hurt or showing his age.

mmmdk

Could be a lot worse. Hopefully the OL comes out focused this drive. 5 penalties in 2 drives is unacceptable at every level.

Hit GJ in stride...fast balls, speed needed.

Dabaddestbear
I love that AL Harris Tackle..lol

rdanomly
nice :)

Brando19
YES 56 yarder to Jennings

Lurker64
And we're back in this in a hurry...

imscott72
Jennings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOTTT

Rastak
Fantastic catch by Jennings.

Badgerinmaine

Have you had Taco Bell tonight?

:P

No, that would be a lot of trash from one meal at Taco Bell. :rs:

PackerTimer
Throw the ball to that man all night. GREG EFFING JENNINGS.

Gunakor
How bout that deep ball?

I think the kid has a bit of arm strength!

Bretsky
Jennings is a star

mmmdk

Hit GJ in stride...fast balls, speed needed.

I CALLED IT :P

gbgary
09-08-2008, 06:51 PM
wow

PackerTimer
Jennings is a star

He is a big time star. PLAYMAKER.

Bretsky
Roll out time for option run or throw for AROD

Fosco33
Heck yeah!

56 yards - just like Brett's 1st TD yesterday 8-)