PDA

View Full Version : Dear Nutz

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

SkinBasket
08-25-2012, 08:20 AM
So you have ordered shit from this website?

budsguns.com is about as cheap as you'll get. I also get good prices from this place: http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/ but it's entirely dependent on your local dealers, who set the prices. Good way to find a FFL, if nothing else, since you can see their prices in comparison to others and decide who's trying to hose you.

The KSG is made by a small shop, so production is limited, and people are still auctioning them as they come to market for over $1000. The price should settle in the $600-700 range once they're more common. I like the compact size and 14 round capacity. But that probably makes it illegal for you in CA.

Do you know someone in a decent state that can order you non-CA compliant weapons? Otherwise you're going to have serious trouble building a legitimate collection beyond the shotgun. You might even have restrictions on .22 magazines like the one for the sig. 10 round magazines and magazine release buttons are your reality.

And no. You are not allowed full auto weapons in any state unless you have a class 3 FFA license.

SkinBasket
08-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Oh, I almost forgot. Go to a shop and get your hands on anything you're considering buying. If it doesn't feel right in your hands, and it doesn't fit your body/ethnicity, you're not going to be happy with it no matter how reliable or cool it is.

Little Whiskey
08-26-2012, 03:56 PM
I have an 870 that i have had for years. just keeps Firing. I've plugged tons of ammo thru it. bought it from walmart for $300 bucks. I clean it only when I think about it. just shot a ground hog yesterday with it. parts are easy to get your hands on and very inexpensive.

the advice Cumby gave you was spot on. same with the stuff skin was saying. the most important thing is to get a weapon you can handle and know it inside and out. then shoot the hell out of it.

MadtownPacker
08-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Fucking bling shooting chili chopper.
I might have to engrave that on the 12g.

MadtownPacker
08-27-2012, 08:03 PM
budsguns.com is about as cheap as you'll get. I also get good prices from this place: http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/ but it's entirely dependent on your local dealers, who set the prices. Good way to find a FFL, if nothing else, since you can see their prices in comparison to others and decide who's trying to hose you.

The KSG is made by a small shop, so production is limited, and people are still auctioning them as they come to market for over $1000. The price should settle in the $600-700 range once they're more common. I like the compact size and 14 round capacity. But that probably makes it illegal for you in CA.

Do you know someone in a decent state that can order you non-CA compliant weapons? Otherwise you're going to have serious trouble building a legitimate collection beyond the shotgun. You might even have restrictions on .22 magazines like the one for the sig. 10 round magazines and magazine release buttons are your reality.

And no. You are not allowed full auto weapons in any state unless you have a class 3 FFA license.I like having a scale of sorts on pricing. I dont mind paying for what I want but overpaying is BS. Good to know this website can provide that.

Sounds like I would overpay for the KSG so fuck that. I will just wait until it is readily available. I dont know about the round capacity. Here is what wiki says:
"It is illegal to import, sell, give, trade, or lend a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition, except for fixed tubular magazines for lever-action rifles and .22 caliber rifles; however, the possession of such magazines is legal. It is illegal to possess an automatic firearm or a short-barreled shotgun or rifle without permission from the Department of Justice; such permission is generally not granted." So I guess I can have one of those 50 rd ones.

Harlan but he cant be trusted with shit like that. Sick fuck.

Too bad. Figure I will have to go on the dirty for those.

Deputy Nutz
08-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Dear Skinbasket,

I don't think I will be going to Cincinnati on September 7th. After it is all said and done I will only be in Cincy for one full day. If you would like to come up to Milwaukee that weekend we would have the complex to ourselves. you can even sleep without guarding your nuts

SkinBasket
08-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Dear Skinbasket,

I don't think I will be going to Cincinnati on September 7th. After it is all said and done I will only be in Cincy for one full day. If you would like to come up to Milwaukee that weekend we would have the complex to ourselves. you can even sleep without guarding your nuts

Jesus.

SkinBasket
08-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Too bad. Figure I will have to go on the dirty for those.

BTW, you would need a Class 3 FFL. I don't know what a FFA license is, though I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give you either one.

Little Whiskey
08-28-2012, 09:36 PM
BTW, you would need a Class 3 FFL. I don't know what a FFA license is, though I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give you either one.

FFA Card? Future Farmers of America? I thought all mexicans were given those at birth.

Like rednecks and jacked up trucks

SkinBasket
08-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Dear Nutz,

I just had a wonderful internet conversation. Remember when you had this job?

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/skinbasket/copy.jpg

cheesner
08-30-2012, 02:25 PM

And no. You are not allowed full auto weapons in any state unless you have a class 3 FFA license.Budsguns.com is cheap for a reason. My friend ordered a new gun, got a used one. It was in good shape, but definitely fired a few hundred times. Google it - lots of complaints. He tried to get his money back but they wouldn't take it back.

I just got a couple of walthers from Hinterland.com. Prices pretty good, and good service.

Crazy thread. Starts 3 years ago checking on how Deputy Nutz is, and here we are at page 38 discussing guns.

SkinBasket
08-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Budsguns.com is cheap for a reason. My friend ordered a new gun, got a used one. It was in good shape, but definitely fired a few hundred times. Google it - lots of complaints. He tried to get his money back but they wouldn't take it back.

I just got a couple of walthers from Hinterland.com. Prices pretty good, and good service.

Crazy thread. Starts 3 years ago checking on how Deputy Nutz is, and here we are at page 38 discussing guns.

I messed that up anyway. It's budsgunshop.com, in case madtown was confused.

As far as the service goes, nutz has used them and I have as well with no problems. They do massive business, so of course there's going to be some people who aren't happy, but there looks to be hundreds of positive reviews for every poor one. But to each their own, I suppose.

SkinBasket
08-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Dear Skinbasket,

Well my parents are going to visit that weekend anyway now. I guess I know who loves me more...

Deputy Nutz
08-30-2012, 05:08 PM
That really hurts, considering I could have ridden down with them.

shit totally fell apart, my mom had surgery on her shoulder and she can't do shit right now and I have the kids that weekend all to myself.

SkinBasket
08-30-2012, 05:12 PM
He tried to get his money back but they wouldn't take it .

Forgot to mention this, but that's going to be standard for anyone you buy from. That's why they tell you to thuroughly and closely inspect the firearm BEFORE accepting the transfer. Once you accept, the gun is yours, and is considered used. For business and legal reasons, they cannot simply "take it back."

Imagine how many returns they would have to process if every butthole took their new gun to the range, decided they didn't like it, and demanded a refund because te gun was shipped used. Not saying that's what your friend did, but from their perspective it's just as likely, if not more so, than a used firearm being shipped as new. I'm assuming you know enough to know that many manufacturers test fire the weapons (sometimes dirty off the production line) and don't clean them before shipping.

SkinBasket
08-31-2012, 09:39 AM
Dear nutz.

I need to move. Looked up Ohio hunting regulations, and deer hunting is limited to shotguns (no more than 3 rounds), handguns with 4" or longer barrels, and fucking .38 or larger muzzle loaders. Nothing says torturing deer like limiting hunters to the least accurate firearms available.

Meanwhile, if I understand correctly, I will be able to kill dear with impunity in Kentucky if I classify our property as a farm.

Freak Out
08-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Shotguns, handguns and muzzle loaders? Ohio have many accidental hunting deaths or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imWlSMgMFGE

mraynrand
08-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Shotguns, handguns and muzzle loaders? Ohio have many accidental hunting deaths or something?

I haven't accidentally killed anyone in years

HowardRoark
08-31-2012, 12:20 PM
I haven't accidentally killed anyone in years

Which begs the question.......

SkinBasket
08-31-2012, 12:31 PM

That's the argument, as far as I can tell - that Ohio is too populace to use more accurate firearms.

One person with about as much firearm education as harlan suggested on a forum that we should all imagine the bloody insanity that would ensue if everyone in Ohio went out on the first day of deer season "with all manner of caliber rifles." Apparently a similar revelry in ignorance and fear go a long way toward crafting regulation down here.

Freak Out
08-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Doesn't say much for the hunters of Ohio.....or the lawmakers.

MadtownPacker
08-31-2012, 07:16 PM
You MFers buy your guns for animals?

SkinBasket
08-31-2012, 07:30 PM
You MFers buy your guns for animals?

We're all animals fudgepacker. We all got the same organs, and they all bleed just the same.

MadtownPacker
08-31-2012, 07:37 PM
We're all animals fudgepacker. We all got the same organs, and they all bleed just the same.
True but whats up with the "fudgepacker"? Is that like Nutty's "packer fan"? Or do you just mean I like getting corn on my cob?

Freak Out
08-31-2012, 09:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=BQMCy5IkGx8

SkinBasket
09-06-2012, 09:29 AM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/skinbasket/000.jpg

Will be adding this soon:
http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/images/prodimg/SBV1017.jpg

mraynrand
09-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I need to pick up some coasters for my semi-automatic rifles too.

mraynrand
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM

If it bleeds, we can kill it

http://www.ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/022411_ArnoldSchwarzenegger.jpg

SkinBasket
09-06-2012, 02:34 PM
I need to pick up some coasters for my semi-automatic rifles too.

Yeah, I put a huge scratch in our $70 desk, so the coaster is a good idea.

MadtownPacker
09-06-2012, 07:21 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/skinbasket/000.jpg

Will be adding this soon:
http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/images/prodimg/SBV1017.jpg
That's the .223 you showed earlier right? Whats up with silencers, I never fucked around with a real one (potatoes) before. Is it only good for so many rounds and how many times can you reuse it?

George Cumby
09-06-2012, 09:58 PM
That's the .223 you showed earlier right? Whats up with silencers, I never fucked around with a real one (potatoes) before. Is it only good for so many rounds and how many times can you reuse it?

Compensators.

Vent gas more efficiently.

Helps control your muzzle.

SkinBasket
09-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Compensators.

Vent gas more efficiently.

Helps control your muzzle.

Yeah, assuming they are not banned where you live, you need a class 3 FFL to order suppressors, then you'll need to register the silencer, which means fingerprints and approval from your local law enforcement, then you need to apply to the ATF, which takes months, and in some cases, you may need to pay the government an additional stamp tax. So, considering they cost a buttload for anything good, and the additional time and cost and probing involved, you can see why every COD fanboy isn't running around with one on his airsoft rifle.

Anyway, the 556 was already a heavy rifle when it arrived. Adding the laser/scope combo, the bipod, the emergency gold bullion in the grip compartment, and with 60 rounds loaded, it weighs more than most teenage emos. So I've committed to keeping it a heavy/stable build, like me. The compensator will help reduce recoil and muzzle rise. And I think it looks nice.

Little Whiskey
09-07-2012, 03:11 PM
got any pictures of the shit you shot with that thing? or is it just a wall decoration? speaking of which, just saw another ground hog.

George Cumby
09-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah, assuming they are not banned where you live, you need a class 3 FFL to order suppressors, then you'll need to register the silencer, which means fingerprints and approval from your local law enforcement, then you need to apply to the ATF, which takes months, and in some cases, you may need to pay the government an additional stamp tax. So, considering they cost a buttload for anything good, and the additional time and cost and probing involved, you can see why every COD fanboy isn't running around with one on his airsoft rifle.

Anyway, the 556 was already a heavy rifle when it arrived. Adding the laser/scope combo, the bipod, the emergency gold bullion in the grip compartment, and with 60 rounds loaded, it weighs more than most teenage emos. So I've committed to keeping it a heavy/stable build, like me. The compensator will help reduce recoil and muzzle rise. And I think it looks nice.

Right. Good luck with the suppressor.

That's a fine looking piece of armament, Skin. H&K? I see you're running a single-point, eh?

She's a little big for me, I like my .223 light. But if you're a big guy and can handle the weight, that's great.

Deputy Nutz
09-07-2012, 04:23 PM
that isn't a silencer, I think with putting all that shit on your .223 you should have bought a .308. You are basically building a sniper rifle with all that shit on it.

SkinBasket
09-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Right. Good luck with the suppressor.

That's a fine looking piece of armament, Skin. H&K? I see you're running a single-point, eh?

She's a little big for me, I like my .223 light. But if you're a big guy and can handle the weight, that's great.

It's the Sig556. Like I said, it was pretty heavy out of the box, so it didn't make much sense to try to keep it light. It's got another loop at the front, just hard to see. It also needs a better stock, I think. Something with a cheek pad.

In a couple years I maaaaaaaaay try to convince my wife we need another one - for her of course, and if I can, it's going to be an ultra-light suppressed build - for my... I mean her ear health.

SkinBasket
09-08-2012, 06:16 PM
that isn't a silencer, I think with putting all that shit on your .223 you should have bought a .308. You are basically building a sniper rifle with all that shit on it.

You're .308 obsessed. That shit's expensive. The ammo I mean.

Deputy Nutz
09-08-2012, 10:05 PM
.223 is a good round because the AR is a versatile weapon, it has some range, speed, and impact, but when your gun weighs 15 pounds it isn't very versatile anymore, it is a hobby.

SkinBasket
09-09-2012, 07:36 AM
.223 is a good round because the AR is a versatile weapon, it has some range, speed, and impact, but when your gun weighs 15 pounds it isn't very versatile anymore, it is a hobby.

It's not versatile if you're a pansy. Your weapon should be an extension of who you are. I'm heavy and cumbersome. Symbiosis.

Deputy Nutz
09-09-2012, 05:14 PM
You going to need a uhaul to carry that thing around. And who has problems with muzzle rise on a .223?

SkinBasket
09-09-2012, 08:13 PM
You going to need a uhaul to carry that thing around. And who has problems with muzzle rise on a .223?

Anyone trying to fire more than one round every 3 seconds, or who wants less recoil for quicker follow-up shots in general.

Freak Out
09-10-2012, 07:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/q2s3Y.jpg

mraynrand
09-10-2012, 08:24 PM
That was uncalled for

Deputy Nutz
09-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Anyone trying to fire more than one round every 3 seconds, or who wants less recoil for quicker follow-up shots in general.

I guess you are not as thick as you think you are. Fire an actual rifle once in a while and you will realize shooting a .223 is a small step up from a twenty-two

Freak Out
09-11-2012, 07:05 PM
well it's moose season once again so I went out and worked the 375HH magnum for a few strokes. Beast mode. Going out in the morning...been cold and the snow is creeping down the hills...I'm feeling good.

MadtownPacker
09-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I guess you are not as thick as you think you are. Fire an actual rifle once in a while and you will realize shooting a .223 is a small step up from a twenty-two
Yeah that bitch is probably just all fat now. I always knew you where the real dangerous one Nutty. I was wondering about the .223, thats just the longer .22 size bullet right? And this lil fucker called 22 a woman's gun!

BTW - Nutz What size dildo do you recommend for me to use to shove up SkinnyB's ass?

MJZiggy
09-11-2012, 09:35 PM
well it's moose season once again so I went out and worked the 375HH magnum for a few strokes. Beast mode. Going out in the morning...been cold and the snow is creeping down the hills...I'm feeling good.
Snow? SNOW??? It's freaking September! Practically summer still.

George Cumby
09-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah that bitch is probably just all fat now. I always knew you where the real dangerous one Nutty. I was wondering about the .223, thats just the longer .22 size bullet right? And this lil fucker called 22 a woman's gun!

BTW - Nutz What size dildo do you recommend for me to use to shove up SkinnyB's ass?

Centerfire and a shitload more powder and correspondingly better ballistics.

Here is a good read:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/05/03/guest-post-22-lr-vs-223-rem/

SkinBasket
09-12-2012, 07:51 AM

Oh, look who's all about a .223's versatility until the versatility doesn't match his idea of being versatile. No wonder you're such a democrat. I'll expect that the next time I see your rifle, the compensator, the stock, and any aiming device will be removed since you don't believe in such "accessories."

Little Whiskey
09-12-2012, 08:29 PM

biggest difference is the amount of powder and available heavy bullet weights. Knock down power is huge compaired to a 22. I know a guy who deer hunts with a .223

Little Whiskey
09-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Centerfire and a shitload more powder and correspondingly better ballistics.

Here is a good read:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/05/03/guest-post-22-lr-vs-223-rem/

Great Article. this should answer your questions mad. the pictures tell the story.

MJZiggy
09-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Ah lawyers, guns and money. Some folks at work want to teach me to shoot. Trying to figure out when and if to take them up on it...

George Cumby
09-14-2012, 01:40 AM
Ah lawyers, guns and money. Some folks at work want to teach me to shoot. Trying to figure out when and if to take them up on it...

Zig:

"Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!"

IMO: make sure your friends focus on fundamentals.

L,G & M. What a great tune.

MJZiggy
09-14-2012, 07:20 PM
It will have to be a day when I am actually in that part of the region. The idea of driving 4 hours on a Saturday to go shoot guns seems a little nuts. Instead, I thought a date might be a nice idea (though maybe I really should learn shooting first...lol)

wootah
09-15-2012, 03:28 AM
I guess this should be in this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oYl-Lm9a6U

SkinBasket
09-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Hey ladies. Just so you know, when you try to hold your tits in place with your forearms when you run you look stupid. And you look like you're afraid of sex. Not that anyone will want to have sex with someone pinning their boobs in place an looking like a retard when you run.

George Cumby
09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
It will have to be a day when I am actually in that part of the region. The idea of driving 4 hours on a Saturday to go shoot guns seems a little nuts. Instead, I thought a date might be a nice idea (though maybe I really should learn shooting first...lol)

A first date at the range? Don't walk away, RUN!

MadtownPacker
09-18-2012, 07:18 PM
biggest difference is the amount of powder and available heavy bullet weights. Knock down power is huge compaired to a 22. I know a guy who deer hunts with a .223That big a difference huh. Interesting.

MadtownPacker
09-18-2012, 07:25 PM
I guess this should be in this thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oYl-Lm9a6U
Great idea.

Little Whiskey
09-18-2012, 09:33 PM
http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/22_penny_223-tfb.jpg

The article cumby posted was really good. there is a whole lot of get up and go in a 223. the pic that showed how each round impacted water pipe helped tell the story.

MJZiggy
09-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Hey ladies. Just so you know, when you try to hold your tits in place with your forearms when you run you look stupid. And you look like you're afraid of sex. Not that anyone will want to have sex with someone pinning their boobs in place an looking like a retard when you run.

Dude, we don't do that shit to look sexy. It has two reasons: 1) Those things hurt when they bounce around like that and 2) we don't want our boobs hanging around our belly buttons, so not stretching all that stuff out is worth not turning your ass on while we run.

MJZiggy
09-18-2012, 09:49 PM
A first date at the range? Don't walk away, RUN!
No, dear, I blew off the guns for the date. In hindsight, four hours is not that long a drive...

MadtownPacker
09-18-2012, 10:31 PM
The article cumby posted was really good. there is a whole lot of get up and go in a 223. the pic that showed how each round impacted water pipe helped tell the story.
Yeah saw that. Very nice penetration. I can see why Skinshady likes it.

George Cumby
09-19-2012, 02:43 PM
No, dear, I blew off the guns for the date. In hindsight, four hours is not that long a drive...

Bummer. I take it no second date?

SkinBasket
09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Dude, we don't do that shit to look sexy. It has two reasons: 1) Those things hurt when they bounce around like that and 2) we don't want our boobs hanging around our belly buttons, so not stretching all that stuff out is worth not turning your ass on while we run.

Then ya'll should wear a bra. Hippies. Or don't run. Or only run at night when no one can see you.

mraynrand
09-20-2012, 12:15 PM
http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/22_penny_223-tfb.jpg

the one on the right looks like a N. Korean ICBM.

MJZiggy
09-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Then ya'll should wear a bra. Hippies. Or don't run. Or only run at night when no one can see you.
That's with a bra. Try having boobs once. It's more complicated than you'd like to believe.

wootah
09-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Come on guys. This is the only bra that should be discussed in this topic:

http://www.dhoommasti.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Lady-Gaga-gun-shaped-bra.jpg

MJZiggy
09-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Come on guys. This is the only bra that should be discussed in this topic:

http://www.dhoommasti.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Lady-Gaga-gun-shaped-bra.jpg

She'd knock herself unconscious if she tried to run in that thing. :mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
09-26-2012, 07:26 PM
biggest difference is the amount of powder and available heavy bullet weights. Knock down power is huge compaired to a 22. I know a guy who deer hunts with a .223

How does that work out killing deer? I just read an article in Outdoor Life, and it seems that you have to go high, and I mean high liking shooting the fucking thing in the head. I am nervous about aiming the shot around the front shoulder for fear that it won't penetrate and the bullet will fragment when it hits the shoulder.

Little Whiskey
09-26-2012, 09:27 PM
How does that work out killing deer? I just read an article in Outdoor Life, and it seems that you have to go high, and I mean high liking shooting the fucking thing in the head. I am nervous about aiming the shot around the front shoulder for fear that it won't penetrate and the bullet will fragment when it hits the shoulder.

Sniper Style.

my buddy works maint for our local Airport. anything that walks near the runway gets a bullet and they can't have it bleed out running across the runway to take out a corporate jet.

Deputy Nutz
10-07-2012, 10:16 PM
For all of you hunters out there, what is your favorite go to cartridge? I am moving on from 30.06 to the .308. I am not exactly happy about it. I think the 30.06 is still an all around better cartridge. If you had to pick one rifle chambered in only one round what would it be?

sooner6600
10-08-2012, 07:37 AM
A female hispanic lesbian lawyer.

mraynrand
10-08-2012, 08:32 AM
A female hispanic lesbian lawyer.

a little redundant there, eh? Homeland security knows all about you....

SkinBasket
10-08-2012, 11:20 AM
For all of you hunters out there, what is your favorite go to cartridge? I am moving on from 30.06 to the .308. I am not exactly happy about it. I think the 30.06 is still an all around better cartridge. If you had to pick one rifle chambered in only one round what would it be?

When we move to Kentucky, I'm picking up the M1a. Then I'm going to murder every animal on the property and burn them in a giant pit and invite the homeless to gorge themselves on the carcasses in said pit. Then, I'm going to fill the pit with dirt. If any homeless successfully dig their way out, then they've earned a place in my home, and they will no longer be homeless. But they will wear a shock collar.

Point being, I'm going to shoot things with a .308 at a later date and that is of no help to you.

Freak Out
10-08-2012, 12:05 PM

What are you hunting? Whitetail I assume?

Deputy Nutz
10-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Yes Whitetail, but this isn't really a question that I need answered, I have read all the magazines. What gun and or caliber could you simply not do without? In your opinion what is the best all around cartridge?

I am a 30/06 man myself, and don't like the knocked down cartridge of the .308, but I can get it in a tactical weapon, not just a regular old 4 shot rifle. 20 round clips go a lot further.

.300 win mags are highly powerful, but I don't think I will ever need that much gun.

Deputy Nutz
10-08-2012, 05:16 PM
When we move to Kentucky, I'm picking up the M1a. Then I'm going to murder every animal on the property and burn them in a giant pit and invite the homeless to gorge themselves on the carcasses in said pit. Then, I'm going to fill the pit with dirt. If any homeless successfully dig their way out, then they've earned a place in my home, and they will no longer be homeless. But they will wear a shock collar.

Point being, I'm going to shoot things with a .308 at a later date and that is of no help to you.I know it is Kentucky but they do have laws about when and how you can kill certain animals. I thought the M1a was still chambered in 30/06?

SkinBasket
10-08-2012, 05:28 PM
I know it is Kentucky but they do have laws about when and how you can kill certain animals. I thought the M1a was still chambered in 30/06?

308 fancy pants. Although I might look at a cheap .338 as well, but I do love the look of the Springfield stocks. But it's an expensive gun that needs another 150-200 for the scope mount alone, not to mention the scope and rings. It's all so confusing.

I've read on KY government site that if you're zoned agricultural in KY, you can take what you want, when you want, with whatever weapon you want. I fully intend to make good use of that if I can verify that's true with my local authorities. Payback time for those walking rats.

Freak Out
10-08-2012, 05:32 PM
I could not live without my 375 HH Magnum. I've killed Moose, Caribou, Buffalo, brown and black bear...even Sitka Black Tail with it. I take it deer hunting in Kodiak because I am not getting caught in a bad spot with a brown bear with a fucking 30/06. I know people who prefer the 338 or a Weatherby of some caliber...but I have always shot the 375 HH.

Deputy Nutz
10-08-2012, 07:50 PM
That is quite a large caliber, but then again I don't ever have to worry about Brown Bear. 12 years ago I almost bought a .444 Marlin lever action. I just couldn't, simply based on the 3 dollars it cost to fire one round. I could have shot and killed lots of Brown bear with that gun.

GrnBay007
10-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I could not live without my 375 HH Magnum. I've killed Moose, Caribou, Buffalo, brown and black bear...even Sitka Black Tail with it. I take it deer hunting in Kodiak because I am not getting caught in a bad spot with a brown bear with a fucking 30/06. I know people who prefer the 338 or a Weatherby of some caliber...but I have always shot the 375 HH.

Off topic...lol Whenever I hear Kodiak Alaska it makes me think of the movie The Guardian with Kevin Costner. Love that movie! So 20 yrs. after graduating I find out one of my classmates that joined the military right after graduation was a rescue swimmer in Alaska (from a small midwest town). Yeah, he was (and still is) pretty hot too. Can't even imagine what that job must be like.

George Cumby
10-08-2012, 11:01 PM

You made me curious so I looked it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.375_Holland_%26_Holland_Magnum

Good stuff, Freak, I have learned something new tonight. Thanks.

Little Whiskey
10-09-2012, 07:09 AM
I like the 30/06. Good all around gun (i don't have to worry about dangerous game). Most of my hunting is done in the Midwest. I can also buy ammo anywhere.

SkinBasket
10-09-2012, 02:17 PM
I forgot to mention, I'm going to craft a custom heat shield/bipod mount for the 338. It's going to look so terrible it's awesome.

http://grabagun.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/265x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/S/V/SV111LRH338LAP.jpg_297.jpg

SkinBasket
10-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Anyone looking for a good deal on .40S&W?

$263 shipped for 1000 180gr brass CCI. Today only.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/cci-blazer-brass-ammunition-40-sw-180-grain-full-metal-jacket.html

SkinBasket
10-15-2012, 07:19 AM
http://distilleryimage4.instagram.com/a82ba1fc166611e2a94622000a1e8b13_7.jpg

Deputy Nutz
10-19-2012, 08:02 PM
That is pretty racist

SkinBasket
10-19-2012, 08:11 PM
you going to answer my text or not?

SkinBasket
10-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Dear nutz,

I've become very concerned for you. If you don't respond, I will simply show up at your house around 4pm on Friday. Then I will get some answers.

Deputy Nutz
10-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Phone? Oh I broke it, I use my wife's purple phone now

SkinBasket
10-26-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm coming over soon. I hope you're excited.

I have to do some shopping first though. Need some .44 mag ammo so I can try to shoot a deer in the face. Also need to order a scope mount and a cheap handgun scope. I would ask you if you want to go to Gander Mountain or Fleet Farm with me, but I don't even know if you have the same phone number.

MadtownPacker
10-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Why don't you two just come to Cali, hit the borders and smoke illegals?

SkinBasket
10-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Dear nutz,

I hope you recover quickly.

Godspeed,
Skinbasket

MadtownPacker
10-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Is he dying or did he just get a light bulb stuck in his rectum?

MJZiggy
10-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Is he dying or did he just get a light bulb stuck in his rectum?
I'm guessing the latter, but if it lights up every time he farts, he might want to reconsider having it removed. That sounds like it could come in handy.

SkinBasket
10-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Neither you sick fucks.

MJZiggy
10-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Neither you sick fucks.

You're no fun.

Deputy Nutz
11-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Nutz is finally better. It is no fun to get sick when you are getting drunk. It was really bad timing.

SkinBasket
11-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Someone's trying to buy my house. Fools.

SkinBasket
11-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Also, lots of dirty farts lately.

swede
11-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Also, lots of dirty farts lately.

You do the laundry anyway, so that lessens the shame.

SkinBasket
11-07-2012, 07:19 PM
You do the laundry anyway, so that lessens the shame.

Actually I don't. because I have a huge cock.... and maybe my wife doesn't trust me to do it right.

SkinBasket
11-07-2012, 07:20 PM
House sold!

Fuckers.

MadtownPacker
11-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Why did you sell? Did the Blacks start moving into the neighborhood? :lol:

Deputy Nutz
11-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Skinbasket is a social retard and can't live in a neighborhood that takes pleasure in conversing with each other.

In his last neighborhood he had blacks living across the street from him, they never said a word to him when his crazy snow plower tore up their grass.

Freak Out
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
So Mr. Basket....you moving deeper in to the woods or out of that fucked up area all together?

SkinBasket
11-09-2012, 10:41 AM
So Mr. Basket....you moving deeper in to the woods or out of that fucked up area all together?

Just south, into northern Kentucky, where they don't gleefully vote for their own demise.

Freak Out
11-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Bourbon country?

SkinBasket
11-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Falmouth or Corinth areas.

SkinBasket
11-14-2012, 09:54 AM
So it's coming down to a very nice house with 20 acres in Falmouth, with a 1000 acre private game farm across the road. Or a smaller, but still nice, house on 65 acres in Foster, which is also much cheaper but... has a shared driveway with an abandoned foreclosed farmhouse that you drive right past every time you come or go. By right past, I mean the driveway is 4 feet from the house. So do we take the chance on being able to buy the property when the bank finally gets around to liquidating it and hope it doesn't attract a meth lab or collapse on the driveway in the meantime, or play it safe with less land and a nicer house that's already set up for chicken and rabbit slaughter, but has also become a focus of the local community as a source of self-sufficient eggs, animals, and produce (in other words the new owners will be a bitter disappointment to them because I suck at growing stuff)?

mraynrand
11-14-2012, 10:58 AM
You probably can make more money prizing the rent out of the meth lab guys, and you can always bulldoze them when they are passed out. Alternatively, they will blow the building up in an industrial accident. Either way, win win.

Freak Out
11-15-2012, 11:17 AM
How much surface water on the parcels....and how deep are the wells? Good water?

SkinBasket
11-15-2012, 12:42 PM
I think we're moving on the 20 acres. It has a cistern, a spring fed pond, and a stream. There are no wells in the area. The counties are really pushing the water lines to the most remote places, so it'll probably be routed up there soon as an additional option. They must make a nice profit on water.

Freak Out
11-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Interesting.....cisterns eh? I wonder why not wells...? The expense of drilling or the water quality? The pond sounds nice as does the stream.

Little Whiskey
11-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Hey Nutz- how is your deer season going this year?

Deputy Nutz
12-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Holy shit where the fuck have I been. Thats right working for the man, and all of your stupid children.

My hunting season went all right, not great but it was the first season that I saw deer every single day. I passed on all does this year, I wasn't looking for the meat. I was slow on the uptake on a monster 10 pointer. I was set up over a small field, looking up into a newly cut road, The buck popped out at like 3:00 in the afternoon about 200 yards up the road. I wasn't expecting it since it was 56 degrees. It appeared to be walking towards me, so I didn't panic, but by the time I put the scope up it literally began to disappear into the edge of the road. Later I went up to check out the trail he was on and it was a trick angle type thing he was really just cutting across the road. After meeting up with my brother in law at the end of shooting hours, he told me he had jumped the buck, so it was on the move and wasn't gonna stop for nothing.

The last day of hunting I took my .223 instead of my .308 into the woods. There was a lot of fog and I have a red dot on my.223. I spoted a deer along the line fence and it was a medium size buck, I got the scope on it but it was in between some trees, I took a pretty good shot but it ran off like nothing. I went to check for blood and saw the downed branch that I hit instead of the deer's vitals. Fog really blows.

SkinBasket
12-14-2012, 07:06 AM
I'll probably come visit you like on the 3rd of January, so prepare yourself.

Deputy Nutz
12-14-2012, 07:07 AM
exciting.

SkinBasket
12-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Thanks for calling me all the time by the way.

Deputy Nutz
12-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Still haven't fixed my phone so you have wasted a good two months of your life trying to communicate with me.

Deputy Nutz
01-02-2013, 09:20 PM
I'll probably come visit you like on the 3rd of January, so prepare yourself.

Should I be waiting at the door? I hope you still plan on coming, and if you are coming I hope you stay till Saturday because I have to work on Friday.

Deputy Nutz
01-02-2013, 09:21 PM
My phone is working again. So feel free to call me, I probably won't answer but it is working

SkinBasket
01-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Oh, I'm coming. But I have to leave Friday morning. Our time together shall be short, but sweet, indeed. I'll be leaving soon.

SkinBasket
01-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Dear Nutz,

I was so inspired by those violent video games we played that I came home and ordered a shotgun. It is shipping today, so i should get it before these fucking liberal hippie commies try to make it illegal.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/411536137.jpg

MadtownPacker
01-07-2013, 03:06 PM
That's a nice one. How much that shit cost? Never shot one with a pistol grip like that, can you fire it accurately one-handed?

George Cumby
01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
That's a nice one. How much that shit cost? Never shot one with a pistol grip like that, can you fire it accurately one-handed?

If you don't mind tearing your rotator cuff.

SkinBasket
01-07-2013, 05:41 PM

during our most recent gun retreat, I fired the same model without a stock like you would a pistol. Not too bad. Probably looked pretty dumb, but without the stock and without the fore end strap, it yanks right out your front hand.

SkinBasket
01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
It was about $400. Wanted to get one since these home defense shotguns are high on the fucking idiot list of things to ban and some democrats have been talking about banning "tactical" shotguns since fuckface took office. Here's the link:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/411536137/mossberg_500_tactical_persuader_12ga_185_6_pos_sto ck

SkinBasket
01-11-2013, 04:42 PM
You know what? I don't really feel that homosexuality is a sin, but I get the feeling God is watching these people with his hand on his forehead, saying, "Hey! You're doing that totally wrong."

Deputy Nutz
01-12-2013, 10:31 AM
totally

Deputy Nutz
01-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Besides, sin is total bullshit anyways.

SkinBasket
01-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Hey, so if this is what your boyhood friend is now, would you friend him?

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/227037_21966900176_4251_n.jpg

MJZiggy
01-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Thank god I don't have to worry about that.

SkinBasket
01-15-2013, 08:45 PM
To be fair, I did choose the worst picture. He's actually a rugged outdoorsman now, like the child I knew. Still totally queer as far as I know, but not... well...

MadtownPacker
01-15-2013, 08:57 PM
To be fair, I did choose the worst picture. He's actually a rugged outdoorsman now, like the child I knew. Still totally queer as far as I know, but not... well...
Aha, so Nutty replaced this guy in your heart. It all makes sense now.

But if he was your true homie before he deserves to be your homie now. Unless like he wants you to plug him in the rear or something.

Deputy Nutz
01-20-2013, 01:54 PM
That dude is pretty gay.

Anyways, a family friend asked to buy some .223 off of me. I told him I wold sell it to him for .75 a round. I think I was being more than fair. I don't really want to sell any of it.

SkinBasket
01-22-2013, 08:04 AM
If that's for the steel case stuff, I think that's fair. Really, the only brass that can be found in stock is going for a buck or more. Really fucking wish I would have doubled that last order. I've got less than 1000 rounds on hand and I feel naked.

mraynrand
01-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Hey, so if this is what your boyhood friend is now, would you friend him?

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/227037_21966900176_4251_n.jpg

It depends on why his shirt is wet

mraynrand
01-22-2013, 09:26 AM
You know what? I don't really feel that homosexuality is a sin, but I get the feeling God is watching these people with his hand on his forehead, saying, "Hey! You're doing that totally wrong."

homosexuality is not a sin; it's the behavior that's labeled sinful. Still, the bible says 'You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination' - so I think it's the deliberate, mocking simulation of marriage and wanton promiscuity that are sinful - i.e., Sodom and Gomorrah stuff. Still, I think what's labeled homosexuality is too often incorrectly designated. It's too bad, because there are people who are actually intersexual and have genuine feelings for people who are ostensibly of the opposite sex. It's hard to see those relationships as sinful. But it's not a topic that people are all that interested in having a serious discussion about, because it's 'ooogy' Just make sure not to lay bare thy woman's flux, lest ye die.

Deputy Nutz
01-22-2013, 02:35 PM
If that's for the steel case stuff, I think that's fair. Really, the only brass that can be found in stock is going for a buck or more. Really fucking wish I would have doubled that last order. I've got less than 1000 rounds on hand and I feel naked.

On hand? Did you bury any of it? I can't believe I got more rounds than you. Also when are you coming up next? I am bored.

I sold him some Wolf.

SkinBasket
01-23-2013, 07:40 AM
On hand? Did you bury any of it? I can't believe I got more rounds than you. Also when are you coming up next? I am bored.

I sold him some Wolf.

Good.

Anyway, I'm going to try to make a quick run sometime soon to drop my guns off at my parents house, then come stay with you, then go home the next morning. I don't trust the in-laws to keep the guns safe while we move. If I get pulled over with 13 shotguns, rifles, and handguns in Iliinois, I will not be seeing you for several years I'm sure.

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2013, 04:43 PM
The guy refused to take steel cased ammo. I guess beggars can be choosers.

SkinBasket
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
The guy who just gave us an estimate on moving all our shit says he was at Walmart last week. Six guys were waiting in line for the new shipment of .223 ammo, which was a cart full. So the first fucker said he'll just take the cart. What a dick.

Deputy Nutz
01-27-2013, 10:14 PM
So you got a nice cart of ammo.

SkinBasket
01-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Holy shit. I got to move in 3 weeks. Maybe I should pack something.

mraynrand
01-28-2013, 07:29 AM

All you need is a dance belt and a tube of chap stick.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ILM_7gq9gmU/0.jpg

Deputy Nutz
01-28-2013, 08:22 AM

Are you coming up for valentines day? we have had some good times

SkinBasket
01-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Are you coming up for valentines day? we have had some good times

Shit. Yes. Better tell your wife now that your Friday the 15th night is booked. Got to bring the firearms and dog up to my parent's house. What is this, the 3rd consecutive Valentines we've spent together?

SkinBasket
01-28-2013, 03:04 PM
http://sofunnylol.com/images/2013/January/26/51041c8e5e97a.gif

Freak Out
01-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Damn....that looks like one of those alien face fucker things from Half Life.

Freak Out
01-28-2013, 04:19 PM
The face crab.

http://liquorlunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Headcrab_by_Bedbug200.jpg

Deputy Nutz
01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Nice to see you in here, do want thang out with us on Valentine's day?

Freak Out
01-29-2013, 06:23 PM
I"m always down with some thang. Wang dang sweet poon thang.

Freak Out
01-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Ordered this over the weekend.

http://www.swampratknifeworks.com/images/rodent6.jpg

http://www.swampratknifeworks.com/rodent.html

mraynrand
01-29-2013, 09:35 PM

Don't they sell mouse traps where you live?

mraynrand
01-29-2013, 09:36 PM
http://sofunnylol.com/images/2013/January/26/51041c8e5e97a.gif

Disturbing!

Deputy Nutz
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
That's a knife!

George Cumby
01-30-2013, 06:58 PM

They got some nice looking stuff. Dunno' if I like that blade shape, though. I prefer a Tanto-tip, myself.

1k post and it's about knives. WTH is wrong with me?

Freak Out
01-30-2013, 08:56 PM
That's because you're an assassin Gumby...normal survivalist have more use for a blade like that.

Deputy Nutz
01-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Like chopping down trees

swede
01-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Like chopping down trees

Or scraping bark off of trees for sustenance. Some parts are edible. Keep a tourniquet handy.

SurvivalMan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCtcltJ9yxQ)

Freak Out
01-30-2013, 10:23 PM
People love this...but it's hype and 300 bones. The Rats blow it away.

http://www.topsknives.com/product_thumb.php?img=images/tbt010.jpg&w=276&h=207

Freak Out
01-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Any of you own a Browning High Power Handgun?

SkinBasket
01-31-2013, 06:01 AM
Any of you own a Browning High Power Handgun?

That sounds way too dangerous.

Deputy Nutz
02-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Don't forget to bring my wife's valentines present

Deputy Nutz
02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Seriously. If you don't plan on selling it, you need to let me know

SkinBasket
02-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Fuck. Good thing you reminded me. I got so many firearms deals going on that don't involve a universal background check that I forget sometimes.

Deputy Nutz
02-09-2013, 08:28 PM
I don't have to work on Friday. When are you coming?

SkinBasket
02-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Either Thursday evening or earlier on Friday - like whenever you're awake. Have to decide if I'm leaving the kids up there for a week. It seems like a good idea, but I don't know. Check back here for details.

SkinBasket
02-11-2013, 07:07 AM
So what time you get up on Friday? We should go hang out at the mall.

SkinBasket
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Also, you should go rent Call of Duty: Black Ops II before I get there so we're not running around to all the redboxes like a couple of homos looking for scat porn at the fag convention.

Freak Out
02-11-2013, 05:10 PM
The Boar Spear is now on sale!

http://www.ltspecpro.com/Category/12_1/Spears.aspx

http://vimeo.com/14092520

Deputy Nutz
02-12-2013, 06:47 AM
So what time you get up on Friday? We should go hang out at the mall.

I have to drop the kids off at school. So I will be up around 7:30am. We could go for a nice country breakfast.

SkinBasket
02-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Holy shit. I'll have to set an alarm.

MadtownPacker
02-12-2013, 11:42 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/tv-station-hacker-warns-zombies-montana-002641825.html

Sounds like a cover up for the truth. Are Nutty and Skinny ready to get there blast on?

mraynrand
02-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Looks like another epic weekend is in the works

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/78/11/781110ae7cdd49fe628d6ac3bdf32e9d.jpg

http://slav.global2.vic.edu.au/files/2009/09/Gamers-far-from-loner-losers2.JPG

mraynrand
02-12-2013, 03:44 PM
BTW, I found a picture of Partial and his wife, hanging out on the weekend:

http://onwardstate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/how-gamer-nerds-cuddle.jpg

George Cumby
02-12-2013, 11:28 PM
That dude is a real gentleman. The broad gets to play on the computer table whilst he plays on the ironing board. Who says gallantry is dead?

mraynrand
02-13-2013, 10:12 AM
The Boar Spear is now on sale!

That's a great weapon, especially if I'm attacked by a pot roast or the hood of a Datsun.

SkinBasket
02-13-2013, 05:57 PM
http://img.izismile.com/img/img6/20130212/1000/daily_gifdump_305_05.gif

Freak Out
02-13-2013, 06:15 PM
If you cunt lick them....

swede
02-13-2013, 09:59 PM
You boys in the back settle down.

SkinBasket
02-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Dear nutz,

I will be attempting to stay with you March 6th. This is a delicate matter, as that is both my father and my sister's birthday. I need to be freed from this cage.

RIP
Skinbasket

Deputy Nutz
03-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Well, who is going to write me sweet love poems now?
"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead."

Freak Out
04-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Both of these fucks have gone off the grid.

wootah
04-12-2013, 04:44 AM
I miss them but I know that in their hearts they are more free now...

http://relatie.blog.nl/files/2012/12/Ennis-Jack-brokeback-mountain-4727112-1008-630.jpg

3irty1
04-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Seriously where is Skin? He's my all-time favorite poster and he's just MIA.

Skin if you read this and you're cheating on Packerrats with another forum I want you to know that I forgive you. I also want you to PM me which one.

Freak Out
04-22-2013, 05:43 PM
He is at the Dusty Springfield website with Harlan and Scott Campbell.

SkinBasket
04-27-2013, 07:11 AM
Seriously where is Skin? He's my all-time favorite poster and he's just MIA.

Skin if you read this and you're cheating on Packerrats with another forum I want you to know that I forgive you. I also want you to PM me which one.

I was banned for a month or two for talking about Reader's Digest in the Packer forum. I wouldn't expect to see me around much. Shame on me for not listening to myself, I suppose. It played out exactly how I described last time, and probably will again for "daring" to talk about it. I would have told those of you who find a perverse humor in me how to contact me, but that wasn't allowed, which was probably the point, to remind me that my time here can be erased with a single brave and powerful finger.

Also, I now have a data cap and baby chickens to look after. An atv and a brand new tractor to clean up my own fishing pond stocked with bass, prep an acre garden, clear a woods littered with deadfall before deer season, and drunk racist neighbors who like to hang out, drink, and smoke weed, so my priorities have been altered in an unrelated manner. I imagine I'll come around more in the cold months, if I'm allowed.

swede
04-27-2013, 01:40 PM
I was banned for a month or two for talking about Reader's Digest in the Packer forum. I wouldn't expect to see me around much. Shame on me for not listening to myself, I suppose. It played out exactly how I described last time, and probably will again for "daring" to talk about it. I would have told those of you who find a perverse humor in me how to contact me, but that wasn't allowed, which was probably the point, to remind me that my time here can be erased with a single brave and powerful finger.

Also, I now have a data cap and baby chickens to look after. An atv and a brand new tractor to clean up my own fishing pond stocked with bass, prep an acre garden, clear a woods littered with deadfall before deer season, and drunk racist neighbors who like to hang out, drink, and smoke weed, so my priorities have been altered in an unrelated manner. I imagine I'll come around more in the cold months, if I'm allowed.

If I come for a visit how do I get to the front door without getting shot?

Joemailman
04-29-2013, 01:15 AM
If I come for a visit how do I get to the front door without getting shot?

Lay down some covering fire.

SnakeLH2006
04-30-2013, 03:22 AM
If Snake came by your houses (Nutz and Skin) and jacked off on your shoes you left outside, while I jumped rope..would you guys be pissed and call the cops....or just enjoy the security videos and bring me inside for a muffins, tea, and a pleasant circle jerk? And would it change a thing if I had an entourage of dirty Vietnamese prostitutes looking for a basement to crash?....It's weird I know...but just asking....

mraynrand
10-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Classic Beat Down of Partial by Bigguns. RIP, Tyrone

Nicolet: I don't get the hate? You desire to be wealthy, you say you have a family business that will make you wealthy when you are in it, etc.

BTW, plenty of those kids aren't super wealthy..meaning there parents. Most of those kids don't belong to super expensive clubs. LeClub wasn't (if it still exists today) expensive.

More importantly, it doesn't matter. They took ADVANTAGE of an opportunity. They worked hard, and they faced tremendous pressure from their families to succeed. Shouldn't you be complaining about kids that don't take advantage..isnt' that your usual argument?

I and my friends took lessons early on...at Nicolet in the summer. Not expensive. We played every day of the summer...6 hours a day. It was fun. We loved it. Had nothing to do with parents.

Pricks: Yep, people that succeed and have money often are. Then, you have folks like yourself. Pricks cut across all economics.

I wouldn't call Fox point pretentious....what does that leave for the really wealthy who live in places like River Hills.

The simple fact is that most of those kids are/were busting their ass every day in school. Their parents expected excellence....and excellence doesn't mean getting As and Bs...it means all As.

You think that some of my friends didn't want to have fun. Yeah, my buddy chris sure wanted to go to language camp because his parents realized it would be beneficial. :roll:

And, most of those kids didn't have parents with family businesses to fall back on in case they failed. They had parents that busted their asses to become lawyers, doctors, businessmen/women. That means you aint' gonna coast on your parents success.

Stop being down on people that did the work. You fucked around in high school and paid the price. Be proud of it. Tell people how it made you who you are. Or, you can continue to hate, realizing that you fucked up and are now behind..and that most likely you can't catch up on your own merit. You wont' be attending Harvard or Yale. So what, no big deal. Live your life.

You think those kids got into good schools cause their parents had money? Are you saying they didnt' work for it.

Funny, you are all about working hard and succeeding...and that is what those kids did. They took advantage of the opportunities...isn't that what you are all about?

Most of the kids i knew didn't start on 3b and thought they hit a triple.

Frugal: Oh, i see, because you live in Fox Point you aren't frugal? How so? By simply buying a house in a suburb makes you not frugal? Get serious.

I'd like to introduce you to my mom...who freaking kept the house cold, rarely turned on the ac, and went around with an attitude of "we are working to pay the electric company."

My mom who never wasted food. We always ate leftovers...and leftovers were eaten for lunch at school.

I'd also like to introduce to all of their friends...friends who exchanged baby clothes, etc...as new kids were born. Or, passed down blazers and suits to each other. Maybe you'd like to talk to my brother about hand me downs.

What you dont' get is that people who get rich do so, by not spending money and saving. Most everyone i knew was like that. My parents drove their cars for a minimum of ten years. And, they never drove a "luxury" car till they were in their 50s.

See, while you were fucking around in high school, people like myself were busting ass....and it wasn't fun. You want to drive OUR car? Well you better have great grades cause we aren't paying the insurance unless you get a good student discount.

I'd like to introduce you to kids that worked through high school. How about Erik konik. I still remember him cutting lawns like in 7th grade. Built a business out of that. Just saw the other day that he bought a 3 million dollar home in scottsdale.

http://www.biztimes.com/news/2007/4/27/turning-trash-into-cash

Or perhaps Jonathan Nelson.
www.madisonavenuejournal.com/2007/04/11/jonathan_nelsons_organic/ -

call_me_ishmael
10-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Ha! That guy! That was an epic read. I agree with pretty much everything he said. Lets get that guy back here!

SkinBasket
01-25-2016, 08:31 AM
Dear Nutz,

My March visit is tentatively scheduled for March 4th. Don't make any plans. I'll bring the bananas.

xoxo,
Skinbasket

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2016, 09:27 AM
Is it warm enough to fish at the end of March? When do the bass start spawning?

Deputy Nutz
01-25-2016, 03:11 PM
you know in like Kentucky

SkinBasket
01-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Fuck if I know.

Deputy Nutz
01-26-2016, 08:25 AM
So I am making knives from scratch. It is hard. I got a belt grinder, and I made a homemade coal forge. Steel isn't to expensive so I can deal with the mess ups. If I had a better belt grinder I could probably do a better job. My work shop(garage) is cold as shit right now so production has slowed.

3irty1
01-26-2016, 08:34 AM
So I am making knives from scratch. It is hard. I got a belt grinder, and I made a homemade coal forge. Steel isn't to expensive so I can deal with the mess ups. If I had a better belt grinder I could probably do a better job. My work shop(garage) is cold as shit right now so production has slowed.

That's awesome, got any pics?

Deputy Nutz
01-26-2016, 08:56 AM
Not yet, but I will

Deputy Nutz
01-26-2016, 08:58 AM
I made a bunch of knives at once. I then had to figure out how to harden them, so I had to build a forge. Two of the knives didn't turn out after heat treating them. Then a few of them I couldn't get a straight bevel so I said fuck it. So out of six knives I have like two of them that I am going to finish with handles.

SkinBasket
01-26-2016, 09:30 AM
That's weird. I was just thinking of doing the same. But mostly because the guy we had mount our deer skulls this year makes knives and has all the proper equipment, but that stuff is expensive so I'll just pay him to do it.

3irty1
01-26-2016, 09:49 AM
I've always wanted to try it too. I've already got tons of expensive waterstones and sharpening gear for my cooking cutlery that now only gets used about twice a year. So It'd be a fun project to get to do more sharpening.

I've got a few nice leaf springs set aside and I built one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBVa2bw3r_k

...but haven't gotten around to it. Too much reloading to do.

Deputy Nutz
01-26-2016, 11:11 AM
The Soup can forge is hard to beat, but I wanted to pretend I was a blacksmith and made a coal forge out of a 8x12" baking pan, steel pipe, and a air pump from an old blow up bed. I built a a table out of 2x4 but it kept catching fire. I am thinking about replacing with steel 2x4s but then they will get pretty hot.

Deputy Nutz
01-26-2016, 12:27 PM
That's weird. I was just thinking of doing the same. But mostly because the guy we had mount our deer skulls this year makes knives and has all the proper equipment, but that stuff is expensive so I'll just pay him to do it.

You can start with a cheap belt grinder on Amazon for less than 80.00 bucks.

Deputy Nutz
01-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Does anyone see what I am doing? It is so much fun!!!

SkinBasket
01-27-2016, 08:08 AM
You can start with a cheap belt grinder on Amazon for less than 80.00 bucks.

If you want to make a shitty knife.

Deputy Nutz
02-09-2016, 09:02 AM
It just takes more time.

All my knives are going to be shitty, I never made a knife before.

First knife is finished. It cuts soft tomatoes and can hack wood without chipping, or mangling the edge. It ain't pretty (pictures to follow) but it is completed.

Deputy Nutz
02-09-2016, 10:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLcP6PTMLN8

Deputy Nutz
02-18-2016, 10:17 AM
Hey Skin,

Just finished watching the last season of Justified last night. Enjoyable. Good day

SkinBasket
02-18-2016, 04:13 PM
We just finished watching the first seasons of Z Nation this last week. That was pretty decent.

Harlan Huckleby
02-18-2016, 04:48 PM
http://gocomics.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c5f3053ef0162fd96853a970d-800wi

mraynrand
02-18-2016, 04:59 PM
Caught in a time warp there, Harlan?

Harlan Huckleby
02-18-2016, 05:06 PM
I don't know what happened. I read Nutz's journal, and it was OK.

Deputy Nutz
02-19-2016, 08:42 AM
We just finished watching the first seasons of Z Nation this last week. That was pretty decent.

It looks like it is really poorly produced. I don't know how much I time I can spend on a show that I could shoot with my home video camera

SkinBasket
02-19-2016, 11:26 AM
You're poorly produced.

There's a scene or two here and there where Asylum F's low budget D film past is identifiable, but for the most part, it's just as well acted and shot as most shows these days. More importantly, the script is actually fun, willing to toss characters into the fire and have their emotional moments while still mostly keeping it's humor about it. I also appreciate that essentially each episode skips hundreds of miles of traveling and instead covers a specific episodic situation where they happen to be. Not like Walking Dead, where they spend an entire season at the farm, or 3 weeks walking from one place to another. They keep it moving and don't linger on deaths or whatever.

The other thing is that the other people they encounter are almost always fleshed out, even the ones who never talk through wardrobe and makeup, to the point that you wonder if just about any character you see could become a part of their group or be an interesting foe.

SkinBasket
02-19-2016, 11:28 AM
Also, the black lady has giant boobs.

Deputy Nutz
02-19-2016, 01:46 PM
I'll check back with you.
Are you still planning a trip on March 4th?

SkinBasket
02-22-2016, 07:26 AM
I'll check back with you.
Are you still planning a trip on March 4th?

Yes. I don't plan. I do.

Deputy Nutz
02-22-2016, 08:02 AM
Very Assertive.

mraynrand
02-22-2016, 08:18 AM
Very Assertive.

Woodyesque

Deputy Nutz
02-22-2016, 08:27 AM
^^^^^^
Careful, I don't want an enraged Woody in here.

Cheesehead Craig
02-22-2016, 11:25 AM
^^^^^^
Careful, I don't want an enraged Woody in here.

That's what she said.

Deputy Nutz
02-23-2016, 11:16 PM
Dear Skinbasket,

Two nights ago I had a dream about you, your family, a redneck, and butch.

SkinBasket
02-24-2016, 06:58 AM
Dear Skinbasket,

Two nights ago I had a dream about you, your family, a redneck, and butch.

Continue.

Deputy Nutz
02-24-2016, 07:13 AM
Had to visit Kentucky but was in a hurry. We did go fishing where Butch hooked a big bass and so did the Redneck. They bass got away. Some one spilled kool aide in your living room, which wasn't really your living room. Your property was sort of like the Shire. I couldn't leave when I wanted to . I was scared. At least in this dream I didn't kill you.

Deputy Nutz
02-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Skin,

I am passionately awaiting your visit. Also, it would be cool to have Tar come visit.

Deputy Nutz
02-25-2016, 08:53 AM
Also,

I started working out again. I think I am going to go straight power lifting and use my massive mass to my advantage!

Deputy Nutz
02-25-2016, 08:53 AM
I am sure Partial can give me some info about power lifting.

Deputy Nutz
02-25-2016, 09:32 AM
How can one be raped by a salamander?

SkinBasket
02-25-2016, 10:51 AM
I was thinking about trying that p90x bullshit, but sometimes I'm really tired in the morning, and I would have to get in the workout, a shower, and looking at porn before the kids get up, which is at like 6:30. I could do it, theoretically, but each morning is reality and it feels better to lay in bed.

So, for now I'm doing brief workouts - jogging and Pilates, and light weights on the machine on days I'm not going to be out building something or felling trees or having sex or whatever that requires physical effort. Also, right now we've been taking walks through the property looking for sheds. I'm becoming kind of a naturalist exercise person. But I still refuse to eat like those guys who get in shape do.

SkinBasket
02-25-2016, 10:53 AM
It was nice to talk to him. Madtown will have to have a family member alert us when he dies so Tarlam knows when to come back.

Zool
02-27-2016, 07:47 PM
P90 is effective but man, the ab ripper makes me feel close to puking. The yoga day is good.

SkinBasket
05-20-2016, 09:58 AM
Dear nutz,

Don't forget I'm going to visit you Thursday. I know you will be excited, but try to get some sleep this week so you're not so grumpy.

Deputy Nutz
05-20-2016, 10:42 AM
The anticipation has been dreadful

mraynrand
05-20-2016, 11:14 AM
It was nice to talk to him. Madtown will have to have a family member alert us when he dies so Tarlam knows when to come back.

Sometimes you want to go where no one knows your name, and they're never glad you came.

SkinBasket
02-03-2017, 08:13 AM
Dear Nutz,

My credit card fraud alert system ruined my wife's surprise gift for me this year: A week long bear hunt in Quebec. Walleye, pike, bass and trout fishing also whenever you want. I'll admit, I'm a little afraid of Canada, given the representation it's had here, and the AIDS and all, but I'll be thinking of you in early June.

xoxo,
Skinbasket

SkinBasket
02-03-2017, 08:44 AM
My life long dream is to become a member at a really nice golf club.

Also, how is this going?

3irty1
02-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Dear Nutz,

My credit card fraud alert system ruined my wife's surprise gift for me this year: A week long bear hunt in Quebec. Walleye, pike, bass and trout fishing also whenever you want. I'll admit, I'm a little afraid of Canada, given the representation it's had here, and the AIDS and all, but I'll be thinking of you in early June.

xoxo,
Skinbasket

Take as many pictures as you can without diminishing the experience. If that means taking zero and expressing your account of the events with ms paint that'll work. Actually that's preferred.

Deputy Nutz
02-06-2017, 08:41 AM
Dear Nutz,

xoxo,
Skinbasket

Are you going to be back for my yearly trip to Kentucky? You should shoot a bear with your bow, more challenging and dangerous.

Also an invite would have been nice.

Zool
02-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Take as many pictures as you can without diminishing the experience. If that means taking zero and expressing your account of the events with ms paint that'll work. Actually that's preferred.

You say this knowing the whole thing will be crudely drawn dicks.

SkinBasket
02-09-2017, 12:10 PM
You say this knowing the whole thing will be crudely drawn dicks.

Hey, it's Canada, not your mom's vagina.

Zool
02-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Hey, it's Canada, not your mom's vagina.

Those are real ones.

SkinBasket
02-09-2017, 12:18 PM
Anyway, how's your diet nutz? I only ask because my wife is making me prepare her paleo meals. I will also eat the paleo meals, but then I'm going to eat a bunch of potato chips and chocolate and cheese after that. I'm also not going to stop drinking. That's ridiculous.

Anyway again, you seemed kind of desperate sometimes without the whole bread or pasta option, although you ate cheese, so that means you must have been on the diet of that guy who had AIDS and died, which is different. What I'm getting at is... How is a world without bread or pasta? Are you okay?

Paleo seems okay by me. It's what we strive for anyway - the freshest natural stuff without processed sugars. I just need to supplement it. With sugar and alcohol and salty snacks.

SkinBasket
02-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Those are real ones.

Touche. If you mean to say that Canadians are real dicks.

SkinBasket
02-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Oh, I'm going to the Doctor today. I feel like I have high blood pressure. I'm only a couple months from 40 so maybe he'll want to finger my butthole. Jokes on him though, I haven't showered for a couple days.

Deputy Nutz
02-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Anyway, how's your diet nutz? I only ask because my wife is making me prepare her paleo meals. I will also eat the paleo meals, but then I'm going to eat a bunch of potato chips and chocolate and cheese after that. I'm also not going to stop drinking. That's ridiculous.

Anyway again, you seemed kind of desperate sometimes without the whole bread or pasta option, although you ate cheese, so that means you must have been on the diet of that guy who had AIDS and died, which is different. What I'm getting at is... How is a world without bread or pasta? Are you okay?

Paleo seems okay by me. It's what we strive for anyway - the freshest natural stuff without processed sugars. I just need to supplement it. With sugar and alcohol and salty snacks.

No real issues after the first few weeks of cutting that stuff out. I didn't realize what a significant fat ass I had become, and even though I am not exactly skinny there is quite a bit of difference in appearance. I started Crossfit last week. It's not exactly walking on a treadmill for thirty minutes and then sitting in a sauna, but I got through two workouts already and I am going back for a third tonight.

Well let me know how much this trip to Canada is gonna cost. I can maybe talk my wife into letting me go....

SkinBasket
02-13-2017, 08:28 AM
I don't know how much it cost, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't want you there.

Speaking of which, I should be visiting sometime soon. YOu have any family obligations in late Feb or early March?