PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Packers @ Rams game thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Anybody watching that Washington @ Detroit score?

Lion fans are in prayer.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Lions holdn on

SkinBasket
I don't think Peterson's line is that much better at all personally.

I haven't watched the Vikes so I have no fucking clue.

Fosco33
Lions are gonna win a game

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 02:48 PM

That's your cue to yourself to STFU about comparing the Packer line to the Viking line. Jesus fucking Christ.

Who even brought up the line? Not me. Peterson is like Sanders in the sense he would make plays without a line in front of him. Grant's suckitude has nothing to do with the Packers line.

Grant's sucktitude has NOTHING to do with the line. Okay.

When has he ever made a big play except when he had all-world talent around him led by Brett?? He hasn't made a play in two years. Last year it was "injury excuses". This year it is??? He gets to the second level often but never makes anyone miss and runs anyone over. He's just a guy.

Whatever you say P. You are obviously a better judge of things than the rest of us are.

I'm asking you a question that if you cannot answer, then you LOSE the argument.

When has Grant made a single big play since 2007? Even average players get lucky and make a big play. I haven't seen this guy make more than one or two big plays in the past two seasons. You tell me.

A running back is only as good as his offensive line. You'd be well to understand that. If our line can't run block, or backs can't run. There's your answer.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Vikes sucky

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 02:49 PM
rodgers now our leading rusher in the game.

crazy

Why is that crazy?

Uhhhhh, he's the QB not the RB...??

Do you think it's crazy when Vick is the leading rusher?

Partial

That's your cue to yourself to STFU about comparing the Packer line to the Viking line. Jesus fucking Christ.

Who even brought up the line? Not me. Peterson is like Sanders in the sense he would make plays without a line in front of him. Grant's suckitude has nothing to do with the Packers line.

When has he ever made a big play except when he had all-world talent around him led by Brett?? He hasn't made a play in two years. Last year it was "injury excuses". This year it is??? He gets to the second level often but never makes anyone miss and runs anyone over. He's just a guy.

Whatever you say P. You are obviously a better judge of things than the rest of us are.

I'm asking you a question that if you cannot answer, then you LOSE the argument.

When has Grant made a single big play since 2007? Even average players get lucky and make a big play. I haven't seen this guy make more than one or two big plays in the past two seasons. You tell me.

A running back is only as good as his offensive line. You'd be well to understand that. If our line can't run block, or backs can't run. There's your answer.

Barry Sanders. There are countless other examples, as well.

Excuses. Instead of acknowledging the results, you make an excuse.

Brohm
CW!

falco
woodson on his way to def MVP

Fosco33
Chuck - again.

Sparkey
Chuck wagon with the pick!

Bretsky
6 minutes left and Vikes have to punt; Niners might win this one

Gunakor
Well done Wood! Nobody jumps a route like Chuck does!

imscott72
Woodson!!

Tony Oday
Pro Bowl

PackerTimer
09-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Woodson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put the game away right now. TD damnit.

falco
09-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Pro Bowl

hof

Partial
09-27-2009, 02:51 PM
That shitty OL had a big play and beautiful block from Barber right there. Hmmm.

They're gonna pull ahead here. Finally!

Gunakor

Barry Sanders. Ahman Green. Frank Gore. Adrian Peterson. That is bullshit and you know it.

Ahman Green had one of the best offensive lines in Packer history to run behind, where the hell have you been?

And while you keep knocking the Vikings line, you freely admit you haven't seen them. So STFU you don't know what you're talking about.

Barry Sanders is the exception, not the rule. He's only the best RB the NFL has ever seen for crying out loud...

Fosco33
That shitty OL had a big play and beautiful block from Barber right there. Hmmm.

they've never been behind

ThunderDan
Haven't we been ahead the whole game?!?

MOBB DEEP
Pro Bowl

hof

QFT

Sparkey
09-27-2009, 02:52 PM
THE DAGGER!

falco

and inaccurate rodgers threw for another TD...DAMN

imscott72
DAGGER!!

Bretsky

who said they were shitty ?

Are you trying to piss people off with comments like this ?

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 02:53 PM

God, you really know how to ruin watching a game don't you?

Gunakor

who said they were shitty ?

Are you trying to piss people off with comments like this ?

I said they are shitty, and they are. Glad they made a play, but they're still a shitty line.

imscott72
49ers with the ball, 4 mins to go..

PackerTimer
09-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Ok, they finally made them pay for a turnover. Offense actually had some nice 4th quarter drives. Maybe it'll be something to build on.

MOBB DEEP
Now turn to vikes game to watch lord

Partial

Barry Sanders. Ahman Green. Frank Gore. Adrian Peterson. That is bullshit and you know it.

Ahman Green had one of the best offensive lines in Packer history to run behind, where the hell have you been?

And while you keep knocking the Vikings line, you freely admit you haven't seen them. So STFU you don't know what you're talking about.

Barry Sanders is the exception, not the rule. He's only the best RB the NFL has ever seen for crying out loud...

I'm not knocking there line at all. Where did I knock it? You tell me where I took one single shot at there line. I'm saying they have first year starters and young players on it too. By no means do I think it's exceptional.

Ahman Green was successful before the Pack line was spectacular. He did a lot behind average lines for several years.

No one says its the rule. God, you're so dense. Barry did it behind absolutely horrible lines. I don't think the PAck line is that bad.

I love how you ignore the question I answered and make more excuses. You lose. Game set match mother fucker.

imscott72
Vikings with the ball, 3 mins left..Can Favre win it?

Partial
09-27-2009, 02:55 PM

He made a good play. Again, one good pass doesn't off-set bad plays. He is looking better as of late. I still think he's hurt as his deep ball has been horrendous all season despite being spectacular in PS.

Fosco33
I can't wait for Al and Chuck to pick off Brent. You know chilly's hairless ballsack won't let him get in those positions.

Bretsky
update; Minn with ball with 2:30 left.......drove to 50yd line so far

Partial
09-27-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm very glad to see the O finally do something in a game. Hopefully this momentum will carry them through the Vikings.

Fosco33
this prevent is preventing an easy W

Fosco33
Raji whiffs

Partial
09-27-2009, 02:57 PM
I can't wait for Al and Chuck to pick off Brent. You know chilly's hairless ballsack won't let him get in those positions.

They're not going to have to throw with how pourous our run D is.

SkinBasket
You lose. Game set match mother fucker.

Why do you feel the need to insult someone after they take the time to address your idiotic arguments?

Bretsky
Favre just threw a real nice ball for about 25yds but I think he was over the line of scrimmage. Under review now

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Favre just threw a real nice ball for about 25yds but I think he was over the line of scrimmage. Under review now

which season ended with him being over the line?

Partial
09-27-2009, 02:58 PM

Why do you feel the need to insult someone after they take the time to address your idiotic arguments?

You're right, it was out of line.

The topic isn''t idiotic, though. Grant sucks. Stats say he sucks. Watching him says he sucks. Rodgers at least has nice stats to off-set the suckiness I've saw last year watching him.

falco
09-27-2009, 02:59 PM

because he's a cock

Tyrone Bigguns

Barry Sanders. There are countless other examples, as well.

Excuses. Instead of acknowledging the results, you make an excuse.

Barry Sanders didn't have a decent line? Certainly wasn't the Cowboys, but Compton was a solid, lutz solid, brown....GREAT, Widell solid, etc.

MOBB DEEP
Quick thnkn 9ers

PackerTimer
I'm very glad to see the O finally do something in a game. Hopefully this momentum will carry them through the Vikings.

Something I can finally agree with you on. :D

Gunakor
I'm not knocking there line at all. Where did I knock it? You tell me where I took one single shot at there line. I'm saying they have first year starters and young players on it too. By no means do I think it's exceptional.

Ahman Green was successful before the Pack line was spectacular. He did a lot behind average lines for several years.

No one says its the rule. God, you're so dense. Barry did it behind absolutely horrible lines. I don't think the PAck line is that bad.

I love how you ignore the question I answered and make more excuses. You lose. Game set match mother fucker.

I can't argue if you can't even remember what you said.

You said the Vikings line is no better than our shitty line. You said that. Then immediately backpedaled and said you haven't seen them. So you don't know. Stop acting as if you do.

Ahman Green ran behind the same line his entire time in Green Bay. Obviously you missed the fact that the Clifton/Whale/Flanigan/Rivera/Taucher line was together for 5 seasons. That was the line he ran behind up until his last year here, where he actually had fewer yards rushing than Ryan Grant had last year. Then he went to Houston and disappeared behind their shitty line. Sorry you lost this one too.

Again, Barry is the best RB the NFL has ever seen. You can't use him as the rule. He's the exception. Stop pretending that any RB can do what he did. Adrian Peterson couldn't do what Barry did behind that line, and neither could Frank Gore or Ahman Green or Ryan Grant. Stop using Barry as an example of what you expect. You aren't going to get it.

MOBB DEEP

because he's a cock

now now boys

falco
09-27-2009, 03:00 PM

because he's a cock

now now boys

sorry mom

imscott72
09-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Favre is 18/34 238 yards..

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:02 PM
AD not havn best moment today!

Singletary

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 03:02 PM

They're not going to have to throw with how pourous our run D is.

4.3 ypc for Jackson....hardly porous.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 03:03 PM
4th and 5 for the Vikes

gbgary
09-27-2009, 03:04 PM
s.f. will win.

Bretsky
GAME OVER !!!!

imscott72
VIkings turn it over on downs!

SkinBasket
Aaron Rodgers QB
13-23, 269 yds 2 TDs
6 Rush, 40 yds, 1 TD

Another lackluster performance by a middle of the road QB who makes poor decisions. :roll:

Partial
09-27-2009, 03:05 PM

I can't argue if you can't even remember what you said.

You said the Vikings line is no better than our shitty line. You said that. Then immediately backpedaled and said you haven't seen them. So you don't know. Stop acting as if you do.

Ahman Green ran behind the same line his entire time in Green Bay. Obviously you missed the fact that the Clifton/Whale/Flanigan/Rivera/Taucher line was together for 5 seasons. That was the line he ran behind up until his last year here, where he actually had fewer yards rushing than Ryan Grant had last year. Then he went to Houston and disappeared behind their shitty line. Sorry you lost this one too.

Again, Barry is the best RB the NFL has ever seen. You can't use him as the rule. He's the exception. Stop pretending that any RB can do what he did. Adrian Peterson couldn't do what Barry did behind that line, and neither could Frank Gore or Ahman Green or Ryan Grant. Stop using Barry as an example of what you expect. You aren't going to get it.

I haven't seen them this year, but from what I know of them from watching them in the past I don't think they're that much better. Seeing as they lost a very solid center I can't imagine them being any better.

What does that have to do with the argument, anyway? Stop focusing on details that have ZERO effect on the argument and start focusing on the meat of the argument.

Yes, and those players were great from there first days in GB :oops: That line was not all-world until 2003. Why are you bringing up more about Green's history instead of addressing the topic at hand: How Grant sucks?

Okay, that is fair to not use Barry. But again, how does that change the fact that Grant sucked? Was he a great college player? No. Has he done anything outside of one big year when teams had to respect Favre? No.

He was horrible last year, and is horrible this year. He is a good backup, but he has absolutely zero big play ability.

He has averaged 3.9 yards per carry last year and has got off to a 3.6 ypc average this year. He makes zero big plays and has very few long runs of 20 yards or greater.

Please address the above fact instead of irrelevant details that we don't agree on.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Singletary is no joke, man's man....

Turning V. Davis into a HOFer since sendn him to shower last yr

falco
09-27-2009, 03:07 PM
do you mean to say that Favre failed to rally his team for a 4th quarter comeback? omg!

jmbarnes101
Somehow the horrible Ryan Grant has been able to pick up two big 1st downs and is closing in on 100 yards. No, he's not Adrian Peterson but he's not horrible either.

Kiwon
Good win by the Pack.

Next victim, the Vikings!

gbgary
09-27-2009, 03:08 PM

he's been great!!

imscott72
09-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Favre gets another shot. 1.30 left..

falco
09-27-2009, 03:09 PM

perhaps i spoke too soon :oops:

jmbarnes101
09-27-2009, 03:09 PM

He needs to take them 80 yards in 1 and 1/2 minutes. We'll see.

imscott72
09-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Of course the idiots at Fox won't switch games..

gbgary
minn has the ball with 1:00 to go...hope i didn't speak too soon. :shock:

Tyrone Bigguns
Aaron Rodgers QB
13-23, 269 yds 2 TDs
6 Rush, 40 yds, 1 TD

Another lackluster performance by a middle of the road QB who makes poor decisions. :roll:

And, again...no ints...no stupid turnovers that suck the life out of the team

Gunakor
CAPS...

I haven't seen them this year, but from what I know of them from watching them in the past I don't think they're that much better. Seeing as they lost a very solid center I can't imagine them being any better.

What does that have to do with the argument, anyway? Stop focusing on details that have ZERO effect on the argument and start focusing on the meat of the argument.

YOU ASKED WHERE YOU KNOCKED THE VIKINGS LINE, AND I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION. IF IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ARGUMENT, DON'T ASK THE QUESTION. IF YOU ASK A QUESTION I'M GOING TO ANSWER IT.

Yes, and those players were great from there first days in GB :oops: That line was not all-world until 2003...

WHAT DID AHMAN DO BEFORE 2003?

Okay, that is fair to not use Barry. But again, how does that change the fact that Grant sucked? Was he a great college player? No. Has he done anything outside of one big year when teams had to respect Favre? No.

1200 YARDS BEHIND A SHITTY LINE IS 1200 YARDS BEHIND A SHITTY LINE. HIS YPC IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO HIS OFFENSIVE LINE. A RB IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HIS OFFENSIVE LINE, THAT'S THE POINT IM MAKING AND THE ANSWER TO EVERY ONE OF YOUR QUESTIONS.

He was horrible last year, and is horrible this year. He is a good backup, but he has absolutely zero big play ability.

HIS OFFENSIVE LINE....

He has averaged 3.9 yards per carry last year and has got off to a 3.6 ypc average this year. He makes zero big plays and has very few long runs of 20 yards or greater.

HIS OFFENSIVE LINE...

Please address the above fact instead of irrelevant details that we don't agree on.

HIS OFFENSIVE LINE...

End caps.

Partial
Aaron Rodgers QB
13-23, 269 yds 2 TDs
6 Rush, 40 yds, 1 TD

It was a solid enough performance as a sum of parts, but there are still things to be concerned about:

1. Deep ball
a. This is Rodgers best pass yet he cannot seem to hit it during the season as he looks off.

2. Hits
a. Rodgers has been hit a lot so far this year and is risking injury by holding onto the ball too long.
b. Rodgers needs to throw the ball away more. Today was better as we had fewer sacks.

3. Decisions
a. Always going deep instead of taking the short passes and what the D gives him.

4. Third down
a. At one point in the game they were 1 for 8 on third down. This falls on the QB and play calling.

5. Play calling (not Rodgers)
a. The playcalling is not setting Rodgers up for success. Still too many long dropbacks and not enough short passes

6. Quality of passes
a. Catchability? Still too many drops. Is this on Rodgers? Not entirely.

Good performance, sure, but again he started out very shaky. This game could have been a lot different if the Rams didn't suck so much. The O did very little to capitalize on opportunities in the first half.

That kind of performance won't win you games against elite teams. I don't think they will win against the Vikes unless they play a lot better on third down and make some plays early.

imscott72
09-27-2009, 03:11 PM
OMG, Fox idiots switched to Lions game!!

Sparkey
Why do they go to the Detroit game ?

gex
they switch it to the fkn lions game.....get a clue fox!!!

imscott72
09-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Why do they go to the Detroit game ?

F'ing idiots at Fox! Hell most of LaCrosse is Viking fans and they switch to Lions?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 03:13 PM

Turning V. Davis into a HOFer since sendn him to shower last yr

Naw, mike nolan holding him back.

gbgary
rodgers isn't the problem, grant isn't the problem. it's scheme, tactics, execution.

Partial
CAPS...

YOU ASKED WHERE YOU KNOCKED THE VIKINGS LINE, AND I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION. IF IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ARGUMENT, DON'T ASK THE QUESTION. IF YOU ASK A QUESTION I'M GOING TO ANSWER IT.

Yes, and those players were great from there first days in GB :oops: That line was not all-world until 2003...

WHAT DID AHMAN DO BEFORE 2003?

1200 YARDS BEHIND A SHITTY LINE IS 1200 YARDS BEHIND A SHITTY LINE. HIS YPC IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO HIS OFFENSIVE LINE. A RB IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HIS OFFENSIVE LINE, THAT'S THE POINT IM MAKING AND THE ANSWER TO EVERY ONE OF YOUR QUESTIONS.

HIS OFFENSIVE LINE....

HIS OFFENSIVE LINE...

HIS OFFENSIVE LINE...

End caps.

*sigh*.

Sayign I don't think of saying they're on the same level as the Pack's line as a knock. Did I say they suck? No, I didn't. So STFU with this stupid argument.

Blah blah blah.. That horrible offensive line let Rodgers put up big numbers last year. It let Grant put up big numbers the year before (less experienced then and more undersized)? Why is that? You tell me.

Grant sucks. He is horrible. He is a jag. Think waht you want, I don't care.

Bretsky
39 yards
16 seconds

this one is going to be tough for MN to pull out

Bretsky
32 yards
12 seconds

gex
aaahhh i hate people who run tv programs and have no clue!!!

gbgary
32 yards and twelve seconds left for minn

steve823
09-27-2009, 03:14 PM
TD SEAHAWKS. LET THE BEARS SUCKING BEGIN

Bretsky
OMG OMG OMG OMG

Fosco33
wow.. guess vikes are 3-0

imscott72
OMFG he did it

falco
*sigh*.

lol @ partial getting exasperated by another poster...tasting his own medicine

Bretsky
WOW

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:15 PM
LORD FAVRE

gbgary
td for minn...it'll stand.

gex
what WHAT HAPPENED :shock:

MJZiggy
OMFG he did it

Yes that receiver made a spectacular catch.

Bretsky
And that is exactly why a team like Minnesota signs Brett Favre :!: :!:

Rastak is in heaven right now

MOBB DEEP
GOAT

Screw training camp

Fosco33
80 yards, no timeouts. might be a big season momentum shift for minny.

imscott72
I think I just threw up..F U Ted Thompson..

Partial
What happened?

Sparkey
09-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Favre to Lewis for 32 yards down the right sideline.

Bretsky
under review

MichiganPackerFan

Love direcTV - have the min sf game going and the det-was on dvr!!

gex
80 yards, no timeouts. might be a big season momentum shift for minny.

That will carry over to MON. night

Partial
OMFG he did it

Way to give zero credit to the gunslinger... 3-0. Wish we had a guy with Moxy to ignite a team like Favre. :(

No way do I see us beating them next week. Sad.

Partial
09-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Detroit fans are going nuts. I'm really happy for them. That city needs a win!

gbgary

no...back of the end zone.

falco
OMFG he did it

Way to give zero credit to the gunslinger... 3-0. Wish we had a guy with Moxy to ignite a team like Favre. :(

maybe we could give rodgers his own locker room and let him skip training camp?

Sparkey
09-27-2009, 03:18 PM

no...back of the end zone.

lol espn gamecast is so accurate.

Tyrone Bigguns
OMFG he did it

douche

Partial
Aaron Rodgers QB
13-23, 269 yds 2 TDs
6 Rush, 40 yds, 1 TD

It was a solid enough performance as a sum of parts, but there are still things to be concerned about:

1. Deep ball
a. This is Rodgers best pass yet he cannot seem to hit it during the season as he looks off.

2. Hits
a. Rodgers has been hit a lot so far this year and is risking injury by holding onto the ball too long.
b. Rodgers needs to throw the ball away more. Today was better as we had fewer sacks.

3. Decisions
a. Always going deep instead of taking the short passes and what the D gives him.

4. Third down
a. At one point in the game they were 1 for 8 on third down. This falls on the QB and play calling.

a. The playcalling is not setting Rodgers up for success. Still too many long dropbacks and not enough short passes

6. Quality of passes

Good performance, sure, but again he started out very shaky. This game could have been a lot different if the Rams didn't suck so much. The O did very little to capitalize on opportunities in the first half.

That kind of performance won't win you games against elite teams. I don't think they will win against the Vikes unless they play a lot better on third down and make some plays early.

Curious to see what some of you think about this post.

Pack won the game big but still looked shakey to me. I addressed the QB problems here. I will address the others in another post I think.

Bretsky
What a F'ckin Great Pass

And all of Minnesota Loves Brett Favre

falco
OMFG he did it

douche

qft

gex
THEE FAVRE!!!!!!!!!! SAWEET!!!!!!!

falco
09-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Aaron Rodgers QB
13-23, 269 yds 2 TDs
6 Rush, 40 yds, 1 TD

1. Deep ball

2. Hits

3. Decisions

4. Third down

6. Quality of passes

Pack won the game big but still looked shakey to me. I addressed the QB problems here. I will address the others in another post I think.

had to bump your own attempt to get under everyone's skin, since it didn't attract enough attention the first time? lol

Fosco33
Detroit fans are going nuts. I'm really happy for them. That city needs a win!

21 months?

Partial
OMFG he did it

Relevance? I don't see what your point is. Roger Clements does the same thing...

gbgary
miracle play to win it. damm!

imscott72
09-27-2009, 03:20 PM

Love direcTV - have the min sf game going and the det-was on dvr!!

I have d* too, but refuse to cough up $400 bucks for ST

MOBB DEEP
THEE FAVRE!!!!!!!!!! SAWEET!!!!!!!

BRETT LORENZO FAVRE

Tyrone Bigguns
Aaron Rodgers QB
13-23, 269 yds 2 TDs
6 Rush, 40 yds, 1 TD

1. Deep ball

2. Hits

3. Decisions

4. Third down

6. Quality of passes

Can't wait.

Partial
Aaron Rodgers QB
13-23, 269 yds 2 TDs
6 Rush, 40 yds, 1 TD

1. Deep ball

2. Hits

3. Decisions

4. Third down

6. Quality of passes

had to bump your own attempt to get under everyone's skin, since it didn't attract enough attention the first time? lol

It is a well-thought out articulate post. It presents many of the problems with the QB play. There are still a ton of questions.

MichiganPackerFan
ol' #4 still has some magic :(

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Just to update y'aal.

Vikings 27 - San Fran 24

G.Lewis 32 yd. pass from B.Favre (R.Longwell kick is good) Drive: 10 plays, 80 yards in 1:27

BRETT FAVRE does it again with 2 seconds on the clock!! THE LENGEND CONTINUES. with his 40th forth quarter comeback.

What a drive and a fantastic 32 yard TD pass to the back of the end zone.

I hope y'all saw it. He's still has it. :D

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 03:22 PM
San Fran 24 - Minnesota 20 with 8:12 remain. in 4th Qtr.

What could that mean? :D

It means the Vikings will come back and win..

Crazy... but can Brent play like this after week 11?

Unlucky for the Pack that we get him midseason.

Partial
09-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Anybody else anxious to see how Cinci does against Pitt?

imscott72
09-27-2009, 03:23 PM

I don't know about you guys, but the emotions of him leaving are all coming back again. Why couldn't they work it out? I'm fucking pissed at TT right now..

Tyrone Bigguns

Yes he does.

But, ty thinks we can all see the beginning of the trend. The vikes finally played a decent team...and they had to go to the wire to pull it out.

doesn't bode well for them.

That kind of magic isn't reliable...and won't happen against a good team...like Steelers or Ravens.

MOBB DEEP
G.Lewis 32 yd. pass from B.Favre (R.Longwell kick is good) Drive: 10 plays, 80 yards in 1:27

BRETT FAVRE does it again with 2 seconds on the clock!! THE LENGEND CONTINUES. with his 40th forth quarter comeback.

Fvare was 6-10 on that drive too...BOOM

Bretsky

Never bought into him not performing late year

He no longer excels in the frosty cold/bad weather

He no longer performs when he is injured

MN was the perfect gig for him; 13 of 16 good weather games

If he stays healthy he'll do well IMO

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 03:24 PM

I don't know about you guys, but the emotions of him leaving are all coming back again. Why couldn't they work it out? I'm fucking pissed at TT right now..

I think that had every bit as much to do with Favre's sense of entitlement as it had to do with Thompson's ego. Be pissed at both of them if you have to be pissed at anyone.

In any case, here's what happened today.

Brett Favre - 24/46, 301 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 87.3 QB rating, Win.
Aaron Rodgers - 13/23, 269 yards, 3 TD (2 pass, 1 rush), 0 INT, 126.9 QB rating, Win.

Tough to get too upset about it.

Brohm
09-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm fine with AR as our QB. I hope Brett does well, just not against the pack. No emotions here. Should be good football next week.

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 03:27 PM

Never bought into him not performing late year

He no longer excels in the frosty cold/bad weather

He no longer performs when he is injured

MN was the perfect gig for him; 13 of 16 good weather games

If he stays healthy he'll do well IMO

While I agree - it's been that way for like 4 or 5 years. It's why they play the games. 40 yr old body taking the shots he's been taking -- it'll be tough to play at 100%.

Partial
I told you guys Harvin would be a star and called for us to draft him and you all thought I was crazy.

Boom.

imscott72

I think that had every bit as much to do with Favre's sense of entitlement as it had to do with Thompson's ego. Be pissed at both of them if you have to be pissed at anyone.

Maybe so but Brett was here a helluva longer than Thompson and did wayyyy more for the franchise than TT ever fucking will. They should of worked it out. Maybe I'm just emotional right now. I know at this point I don't want next Monday to ever come.

gbgary
09-27-2009, 03:29 PM
s.f. will win.

i blame myself for the minn win. :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 03:29 PM
I told you guys Harvin would be a star and called for us to draft him and you all thought I was crazy.

Boom.

Yes, because we needed another WR or scatback.

No other pressing needs, let's take harvin.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 03:30 PM

Maybe so but Brett was here a helluva longer than Thompson and did wayyyy more for the franchise than TT ever fucking will. They should of worked it out. Maybe I'm just emotional right now. I know at this point I don't want next Monday to ever come.

You are reliving the past. Don't. Brett was here a helluva lot longer than Thompson and did wayyy more the franchise, but that doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is right now. Today. Today, Brett won. Today, Rodgers won. What are you bitching about?

Brohm
Tenure shouldn't matter. Need stability at the position instead of the year in year out drama that was the retirement debacle. If Farve did stay, he'd be taking the beating that ARod has been taking the past few weeks.

gbgary
seahawks look like a bunch of crossing guards. :shock:

Partial
09-27-2009, 03:31 PM

Boom.

Not saying that isn't the case, but man, he sounds very good so far from all accounts.

Partial
09-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Anybody think we can run with the Vikes? I do not but I would love to be proven wrong. I have a hunch AP has a field day :( and Favre is lights out as you know he wants revenge.

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 03:33 PM

He looked awesome on that drive even before the long TD. Cool hand Brett.

I have to say that the Vikings were fortunate to get that one back MOBB DEEP. All the same Favre and Greg Lewis will combine for the play of the week likely. Greg Lewis was double covered too and that made that play so sensational being so deep in the end zone. One of those most memorable of all palys by Brett Favre.

I feel badly for all those NFL and Packer fans that have given up on Favre. He's overall such a treat. :D

MJZiggy
I knew something was missing lately, though. The spike. We need better clock management at the end of games.

Tyrone Bigguns

Boom.

Not saying that isn't the case, but man, he sounds very good so far from all accounts.

How many rushing yards? How many yards in receptions? Today.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Anybody think we can run with the Vikes? I do not but I would love to be proven wrong. I have a hunch AP has a field day :( and Favre is lights out as you know he wants revenge.

They almost got beat by a 49ers team playing most of the game without their best player.

Yes, I think we can hang with the Vikes.

Partial
09-27-2009, 03:35 PM

Boom.

No idea but didn't he return a kick for a TD per the highlights on fox? Didn't he also cartch a 30ish yard TD from Favre?

MichiganPackerFan

thats EXACTLY what my wife & i were saying!

Tyrone Bigguns

Certainly he will kill us...his 4.5 ypc, 85 yards and zero tds against a much tougher defense have us all quaking.

gbgary
09-27-2009, 03:36 PM

if we don't try to run wide all the time i think we can run...but keep up yards-wise???? no! we'll have to do it through the air and it'll have to be quick, it'll have to short, it'll have to be accurate, and it'll have to be caught. go deep once in a while but not every fifth play.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 03:37 PM

They almost got beat by a 49ers team playing most of the game without their best player.

Yes, I think we can hang with the Vikes.

Niners team on the road.

Starting Shaun Hill at QB.

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 03:37 PM

Yes he does.

But, ty thinks we can all see the beginning of the trend. The vikes finally played a decent team...and they had to go to the wire to pull it out.

That kind of magic isn't reliable...and won't happen against a good team...like Steelers or Ravens.

The 49ers were a really good team today Ty. Adrian Peterson had a lot of carries under 3 yards. 19 carries for 85 yards and that included a long of 35 yards.

gbgary
09-27-2009, 03:38 PM

thats EXACTLY what my wife & i were saying!

lol

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:39 PM

He looked awesome on that drive even before the long TD. Cool hand Brett.

I have to say that the Vikings were fortunate to get that one back MOBB DEEP. All the same Favre and Greg Lewis will combine for the play of the week likely. Greg Lewis was double covered too and that made that play so sensational being so deep in the end zone. One of those most memorable of all palys by Brett Favre.

I feel badly for all those NFL and Packer fans that have given up on Favre. He's overall such a treat. :D

QFT all around...

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 03:39 PM

Yes he does.

The 49ers were a really good team today Ty. Adrian Peterson had a lot of carries under 3 yards. 19 carries for 85 yards and that included a long of 35 yards.

That's what Ty was alluding to. The fact that the Vikings finally had to play a decent team this week, and it took them 59+ minutes to put it away. That the 49ers are much, much better than the Browns or the Lions.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 03:40 PM

Boom.

No idea but didn't he return a kick for a TD per the highlights on fox? Didn't he also cartch a 30ish yard TD from Favre?

He busted a kick return. Neg 8 yards rushing. Not on the leaderboard..and all it woulda taken was 4 catches.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 03:42 PM

Yes he does.

Hello. What exactly are you saying.

You are making my case. The niners are an ok team...not good, not great...but, ok. And, with an extremely average qb, average receivers, and missing a very good back.

imscott72
09-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Tenure shouldn't matter. Need stability at the position instead of the year in year out drama that was the retirement debacle. If Favre did stay, he'd be taking the beating that ARod has been taking the past few weeks.

Yeah you guys are right. Just needed someone to remind me of all the drama that comes with it. It's just hard to watch him do it with our arch rival.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 03:44 PM

Yes he does.

That's what Ty was alluding to. The fact that the Vikings finally had to play a decent team this week, and it took them 59+ minutes to put it away. That the 49ers are much, much better than the Browns or the Lions.

Alluding? Jesus Christ...i thought i spelled it out. Sigh. :wink:

Yes, the niners a much, much better team than the lions and browns...and still not even in the same category as the giants, ravens, steelers, falcs, pats, eagles, saints, etc.

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 03:45 PM

Boom.

It's the 100 times your wrong for every time your right that makes us think your crazy, not because you picked a 1st round pick to produce in his rookie season. Really went out on a limb there brah.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 03:45 PM

Yes he does.

Yes, the niners a much, much better team than the lions and browns...and still not even in the same category as the giants, ravens, steelers, falcs, pats, eagles, saints, etc.

You know what I meant...

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 03:46 PM
LIONS WIN ! LIONS WIN !! LIONS WIN !!!

DETROIT 19 - REDSKINS 14.

imscott72
09-27-2009, 03:47 PM

Yes he does.

The 49er defense is way, way better than ours. Many 49er fans will tell you Willis is more important to their team than Gore. I don't think we match up well at all with Minny. They're gash us all day with the run and Favre will do the rest of the damage. I'm not normally pessimistic, but I we get beat by at least 10 in the dome.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 03:48 PM

Yes he does.

You know what I meant...

Of course, i just didn't think i'd would need help explaining my position.

Woody is like Emily Litella. "whats all this i hear about endangered fesces?"

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 03:52 PM

Yes he does.

You know what I meant...

I'll go on record right now. No team should take the 49ers lightly. Mike Singletary has inspired his team and S. Hill has to be the starting QB and has played as well as his HC has coached this team.

I really felt that the Vikings would win this match-up but no way did I expect the 49ers 'D' to play as well as it did. Favre and the Vikings running game was under a lot of pressure.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 03:53 PM

Yes he does.

The 49er defense is way, way better than ours. Many 49er fans will tell you Willis is more important to their team than Gore. I don't think we match up well at all with Minny. They're gash us all day with the run and Favre will do the rest of the damage. I'm not normally pessimistic, but I we get beat by at least 10 in the dome.

Maybe. Maybe we stiffen up on the run like we did against Forte. Maybe we get gashed like we did against Benson. Maybe we give up an average 4 ypc like we did today against Jackson. It's just too inconsistent to know for sure.

All I know is this. Our defense is gonna be just as fired up for this game as Favre is. Nobody's licking their chops more than Al and Chuck are. We already know how long Barnett has been looking forward to this, as he's been very clear about it via Twitter. Don't take anything away from the Packers here. They'll be just as ready to play as anyone on the Vikings roster will be.

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 03:54 PM

I may take tomorrow off...it's gonna be ugly here...

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 03:57 PM

Yes he does.

You know what I meant...

What's superior Ty. Intelligence or manners?

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 03:59 PM

Hey. I would like to see all of the NFCN teams win. That's just me. I want our division to come back to real strength.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 04:05 PM

Yes he does.

Way better? Dude, you need to pass ty whatever you are smoking.

DL: big advantage GB..pickett, jolly, jenkins over sopoaga, franklin, smith
LB: Advantage Niners...but, not by much and maybe a push...spikes and willis are good/great..lawson and haralson..not much.

DBs: Advantage big time GB. Wood, harris and tramon..way over clements, bly and spencer. Safeties..collins and ? against Lewis and Goldson (who replaced MARK ROMAN)...push.

Coach: Capers against manusky...manusky was just promoted.

No way are they way, way better.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 04:07 PM

Yes he does.

You know what I meant...

What's superior Ty. Intelligence or manners?

What's superior rocky road ice cream or waffles?

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 04:07 PM

Hey. I would like to see all of the NFCN teams win. That's just me. I want our division to come back to real strength.

I guess I'd rather see all the NFCN teams that don't dress in Green and Gold lose every game they play. I'm less concerned with the quality of the division than I am with getting back to the playoffs.

sheepshead
09-27-2009, 04:09 PM

Hey woodbcuk, your mom has your PR password

imscott72
09-27-2009, 04:46 PM

Yes he does.

LB: Advantage Niners...but, not by much and maybe a push...spikes and willis are good/great..lawson and haralson..not much.

DBs: Advantage big time GB. Wood, harris and tramon..way over clements, bly and spencer. Safeties..collins and ? against Lewis and Goldson (who replaced MARK ROMAN)...push.

They held ADP under 100 yards today. You think we're capable of that next week? I don't care about which defense on paper has more talent, it's about who's playing better. The 49ers held a very potent Arizona offense to 10 pts in Arizona week one and gave up 10 pts to Seattle week 2. Compare the two defenses and the yards they've given up and tell me who's playing better.

Waldo
09-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Crazy. They played Chillar at SS a lot today.

Didn't see that coming. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 05:01 PM

Yes he does.

They held ADP under 100 yards today. You think we're capable of that next week? I don't care about which defense on paper has more talent, it's about who's playing better. The 49ers held a very potent Arizona offense to 10 pts in Arizona week one and gave up 10 pts to Seattle week 2. Compare the two defenses and the yards they've given up and tell me who's playing better.

1. You are changing the criteria..you said they were way, way better.
2. The goal is to win. doesn't matter how many yards AD gets if we win.
3. Yes, we are capable. We have the players, we have the coordinator..and guess what..we have done it in the past. We shut down forte. And, we gave up a little over a hundred to jackson. And, as to who is playing better right now...which team just allowed the vikes to march 80 yards down the field on them.
4. AZ offense.Um, wrong. Breaston was hurt, Q was hurt, Beanie didn't play much in the preseason. AZ offense looked horrible in preseason. Timing was for shit. You don't wanna talk AZ or NFC west with me as i live in AZ..i'll give you all the problems they have and what is going on in the west. Oh, and btw, on top of all the injuries, etc....they lost OC Todd Haley. And, that potent AZ offense...you arent' referring to the running game, are you?
5. Yes. Niners beat two weak teams. I give them credit.
6. Yards. Yes, why don't we. We played 2 teams....and we gave up like 40 more yards per game. Ooops.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 05:24 PM
They held ADP under 100 yards today. You think we're capable of that next week?

If Chilly only lets Adrian Peterson carry the ball 19 times next week I'd say we have a chance.

imscott72
09-27-2009, 05:26 PM

Yes he does.

3. Yes, we are capable. We have the players, we have the coordinator..and guess what..we have done it in the past. We shut down forte. And, we gave up a little over a hundred to jackson. And, as to who is playing better right now...which team just allowed the vikes to march 80 yards down the field on them.
4. AZ offense.Um, wrong. Breaston was hurt, Q was hurt, Beanie didn't play much in the preseason. AZ offense looked horrible in preseason. Timing was for shit. You don't wanna talk AZ or NFC west with me as i live in AZ..i'll give you all the problems they have and what is going on in the west. Oh, and btw, on top of all the injuries, etc....they lost OC Todd Haley. And, that potent AZ offense...you arent' referring to the running game, are you?
6. Yards. Yes, why don't we. We played 2 teams....and we gave up like 40 more yards per game. Ooops.

I'm not changing anything. I think the 49er's D is much better than ours.
Coming into this week we had given up 335 yards and 23 pts/game. The 49ers had given up 291 and 13 pts/game.

They played Zona and Sea, we played Chicago and Cincy. Fairly equal opponents imo. Sure Zona had injuries, but the Bengals had a rusty QB and a RB that historically had underachieved, but he torched us.

We are winning the turnover comparison 7-4. Yes the 49ers let the Vikings score late, but it took a perfect throw and catch to win it as the 49ers were obviously in a prevent setting. They were in a position to win a road game against a team that was heavily favored. We'll see how good our defense really is next week.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:49 PM
TD to DD was great

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:49 PM
They held ADP under 100 yards today. You think we're capable of that next week?

If Chilly only lets Adrian Peterson carry the ball 19 times next week I'd say we have a chance.

He he....

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 06:09 PM

Yes he does.

I'm not changing anything. I think the 49er's D is much better than ours.
Coming into this week we had given up 335 yards and 23 pts/game. The 49ers had given up 291 and 13 pts/game.

They played Zona and Sea, we played Chicago and Cincy. Fairly equal opponents imo. Sure Zona had injuries, but the Bengals had a rusty QB and a RB that historically had underachieved, but he torched us.

We are winning the turnover comparison 7-4. Yes the 49ers let the Vikings score late, but it took a perfect throw and catch to win it as the 49ers were obviously in a prevent setting. They were in a position to win a road game against a team that was heavily favored. We'll see how good our defense really is next week.

yardage is negligible. Points...we played a much more explosive team in the Bengals than either az or seahags. And, now the difference is 16 yards per game. So, they are normalizing...if we can even say that after 3 games.

Equal teams. No way. Bengals have a way better offense than seattle..ocho, coles, chris henry, palmer (he played last year)...not like hasselbeck who was practically injured all season. Benson...he was good last year. Off the bears he has been a new man. Seattle has nobody on offense and a new coach.

Cards...not even close to the same team. And, they can't run the ball. Simple as that. Offense has been outta synch since haley left. And,missing the fire.

Yes, we have the turnovers and points scored off turnovers, the points per game is now a difference of 3, we have a better passing defense by #s, we lead in receiving defense, 1 behind in sacks, and more tackles.

One might also acknowledge on your part that our offense hasn't clicked and has put tremendous strain on the defense. And, that even makes our defense look better in comparison.

No matter how you slice it....there is no way to justify saying they are way, way better....you don't have the players, you don't have the stat...all you have is a subjective viewpoint.

MadtownPacker
09-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Pack didnt play the best they could have and still won big. Not the worse thing that could have happened.

ARod needs to feel the pressure a little better. Grant needs to be replaced with a real starting RB and the OL is what it is. On D I think the lack of sustained drives by the offense are catching up to them. They seem to be on the field alot. M3 needs to call plays better. Too many bombs. This all falls back on his game management though. He aint some rookie anymore and needs to keep in touch with the pulse of the game. The Kuhn plays were good signs in regard to that.

Lurker64
09-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Pack didnt play the best they could have and still won big. Not the worse thing that could have happened.

They won and nobody got hurt. That's a good weekend for anybody.

3irty1
09-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Crazy. They played Chillar at SS a lot today.

Didn't see that coming. :lol:

How do you do it Waldo?

MichiganPackerFan
09-28-2009, 11:13 AM

Hasnt been too bad at work for me today. People don't have much to say...

Partial
09-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Well, that dumb ass Partial, as usual, was correct is saying that both the Packers line and the Vikings line are struggling. Humph. Well I never. Too bad we all don't have to be held accountable.

retailguy
09-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Well, that dumb ass Partial, as usual, was correct is saying that both the Packers line and the Vikings line are struggling. Humph. Well I never. Too bad we all don't have to be held accountable.

be very very careful not to break your arm while patting yourself on the back.

Partial
09-28-2009, 10:10 PM

be very very careful not to break your arm while patting yourself on the back.

:wink: Just having a little fun after a LONG day of Partial bashing for thinking Rodgers has played rather unimpressively and then team isn't as good as we all thought they were.

SkinBasket
09-29-2009, 07:25 AM

Gunakor
09-29-2009, 12:45 PM
He' spinning that discussion anyhow. He didn't say that both lines were struggling, even if that's what he meant to imply. What he said was that both lines are EQUAL. That is to say, that the Vikings line is every bit as horrid as ours is. As much as the Vikings line is struggling in pass protection, you'd be hard pressed to find many people who would say that overall that line is every bit as poor as ours is.

And, especially where that argument was concerned, the Vikings line is far superior to ours. We were talking about the running game, not pass protection. Remember, that whole discussion was about how Ryan Grant sucks, he couldn't do a thing even behind a decent line, and his stellar 2007 season was all Brett Favre. The Vikings line can still at least blow their guy off the line on occasion when run blocking, even if they can't protect their quarterback in the passing game. Ours can't do either.

So you tell me.

Partial
09-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Here are the personal attacks from this thread. Please take a look at Skin and Falco, as both were completely out of line and contributed nothing but negative behavior.

Another spam post, without any rhyme or reason to it.

Boom.

It's the 100 times your wrong for every time your right that makes us think your crazy, not because you picked a 1st round pick to produce in his rookie season. Really went out on a limb there brah.

More pot stirring from Skin. As far as I can tell you've only contributed to this thread to encourage more personal attacks and bad behavior.

What was the purpose for this? Why are you trying to solicit this sort of behavior?

I posted a nice well-thought out post that was caught up in the madness of the Favre play and Falco responds with this. It ticks me off. It's unnecessary and inappropriate.

OMFG he did it

douche

qft

Encouraging bad behavior. This is completely out of line.

OMFG he did it

douche

Uncalled for and inappropriate.

OMFG he did it

Yet another post just trying to stir things up. I wasn't talking to you, why respond?

*sigh*.

lol @ partial getting exasperated by another poster...tasting his own medicine

Yet another spamming post from Falco not encouraging anything productive.

Aaron Rodgers QB
13-23, 269 yds 2 TDs
6 Rush, 40 yds, 1 TD

Another post just trying to spam the thread and encourage negative behavior.

FWIW, I don't think he had a good game. I don't think stats tell the story. It was an inconsistent performance that won't work against good teams in my opinion.

because he's a cock

Another personal attack. Is this really necessary?

So you insult me in this post?

I was wrong, made a mistake after 25 antagonizing posts and apologized for it. Where is your apology for posting porn in the RR skin, or for spamming this thread with all of your pointless responses just looking to get a rise out of me?

God, you really know how to ruin watching a game don't you?

And you really know how to spam a thread and ruin it, don't you?

What was the positive behavior you were looking to get out of this post? How is this helping?

What is with the spam? Are you trying to stir things up?

Skin with more spamming. How is this helping? What is the positive behavior you're trying to get out of this?

lool

Instead of actually addressing the post, you're doing this... again.

Never did I say that, instead of listing counter-points you're fueling the fire and making things worse.

I agree Clifton isn't a superb run blocker but how many LT's are? Is McKinney? I have no idea..

If you have no idea then stop arguing as though you do.

Who even brought up the OL? OL is irrelevant. Packer's OL is good enough to win. Grant sucks. That is the story.

http://static.footballguys.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/bs.gif Now you're just fishing for attention. I'm not even going to entertain this.

This begs the question of why did you, then? To fuel the fire and let the personal attacks continue.

That was like 5 minutes ago for fuck's sake. Take your bullshit shit-stirring somewhere else please.

What's with the language? How was this character not banned for posting porn in the RR the other day?

Is this necessary? You take quotes out of context, swear and insult me and think this is okay?

I8.

http://static.footballguys.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laughing.gif You are something else P...

I like you and think you're a reasonable guy, but this just isn't helping.

I agree Clifton isn't a superb run blocker but how many LT's are? Is McKinney? I have no idea..

If you have no idea then stop arguing as though you do.

See what I wrote to Skin. That quote is taken completely out of context.

This is just out of line. You don't need to watch a line to know they have two young guys and read about well-documented struggles. Why are you contributing just to spam?

[quote:9a470745b5="imscott72"][quote:9a470745b5="Partial"]

They need to cut Ryan Grant after this year and move on. He is not good.

You can't be serious. F'ing ADP couldn't run behind this line..

Dead serious. Peterson would dominate behind this line, are you kidding me? Grant doesn't elude people he runs right into them. He doesn't ever break a big play, which is all Peterson does.

Peterson only has 67 yards rushing against the 49ers today so far. I think it's safe to say their line is light years better than ours.

Petereson is a second half player and makes most of his big plays on the second level by himself. Peterson runs through traffic and makes plays. He'll clear 100+ yards I'm sure.

Maybe he will, but according to you he would dominate with our OL, so why isn't he dominating with a superior OL right now?

What is your definition of dominate? He is having success. I'm not watching the game, so I have no idea about his play today. Peterson is a completely different type of runner than Grant.

Grant hits a hole and goes down on contact. Peterson hits a hole and punches the first guy who tries to make contact, then bitch slaps the second and third while galloping for a long play. I don't think Peterson's line is that much better at all personally. I think Pete makes most of his big plays himself. He's unbelievably physical and strong.

You don't think their line is much better? How many sacks has Favre taken?

Wasn't it 8 prior to today? ARod has brought at least half of the sacks on himself imo.

And, of course, all of bert's are his line's fault. You are a piece of work.

Never did I say this. I haven't watched the Vikes so I have no fucking clue. Stop with your bullshit agenda.[/quote:9a470745b5]

says pot to kettle :lol:[/quote:9a470745b5]

An edited, inappropriate post doing nothing but stir the pot. How is the helping? Why bother, then?

Dead serious. Peterson would dominate behind this line, are you kidding me? Grant doesn't elude people he runs right into them. He doesn't ever break a big play, which is all Peterson does.

Peterson only has 67 yards rushing against the 49ers today so far. I think it's safe to say their line is light years better than ours.

Petereson is a second half player and makes most of his big plays on the second level by himself. Peterson runs through traffic and makes plays. He'll clear 100+ yards I'm sure.

Maybe he will, but according to you he would dominate with our OL, so why isn't he dominating with a superior OL right now?

What is your definition of dominate? He is having success. I'm not watching the game, so I have no idea about his play today. Peterson is a completely different type of runner than Grant.

Grant hits a hole and goes down on contact. Peterson hits a hole and punches the first guy who tries to make contact, then bitch slaps the second and third while galloping for a long play. I don't think Peterson's line is that much better at all personally. I think Pete makes most of his big plays himself. He's unbelievably physical and strong.

You don't think their line is much better? How many sacks has Favre taken?

Wasn't it 8 prior to today? ARod has brought at least half of the sacks on himself imo.

And, of course, all of bert's are his line's fault. You are a piece of work.

Ty, contributing as he usually does, ignoring what is actually said, taking a personal attack without reason, and further fueling the fire.

So in lieu of play-by-play, we get more asinine trolling? Gee thanks Partial.

There's plenty to criticize on this team without your confabulation.

The Confabulist!!!

Fueling the fire. Is this necessary? You see things are getting out of line yet you continue to fuel the fire. Out of line and unnecessary. Just trying to stir up drama.

Finally. Atta boy J and ARod.

this.... partial goes as the wind blows....

What does this even mean? I call it as I see it. I'm happy for a good play. Why wouldn't I be? Because I think the team isn't spectacular I shouldn't be happy for a big play?

This makes absolutely zero sense. Please explain how this makes any sense at all.

you'll figure it out one day.

When called on your personal attack, you insult me again. This is completely out of line and inappropriate.

Finally. Atta boy J and ARod.

this.... partial goes as the wind blows....

Another personal attack without any rhyme or reason to it.

oh, and rodgers isn't accurate.... :roll:

Sarcastic remark aimed at me. Unnecessary.

So in lieu of play-by-play, we get more asinine trolling? Gee thanks Partial.

There's plenty to criticize on this team without your confabulation.

What is with the personal attack? I think it's out of line. Why fuel the fire instead of contribute to the thread. Please stop with the spam.

boy, jennings sucks, doesn't he partial.... lol

Why are you bringing me up? I don't understand this reference other than to poke the bear.

So much for calling things as they are...

Yet we've heard in recent days from Vikings fans how they have big issues at two spots of the OL and Brett is getting rocked and AP hasn't had a big game since week 1.

So... yeah... I was...

Rodgers does not throw the ball accurately anymore. I think he is hurt. Or just not that good. But probably hurt.

11 of 19 w/ 3+ drops?

He has some drops, sure, but who doesn't? He also was bailed out by his receivers on multiple occasions (low pass to Jordy).

Yet another inaccurate, deep pass and punt.

the pass was on, jennings ran into the defender. you're a cock.

I'm a cock because I call things as they are? Can't deny 1 for 8 on third downs, either... The D is sucking wind because the O cannot sustain a drive. Things keep going this way and they will lose again.

Your a cock, because you use every little issue as a means to try and push your fucked up beliefs. Like some fuck that sells tv's knows anything about football. Lose the I know everything about everything attitude. That shit is reserved for teenagers. You know just as little as all of us do.

I don't even know who you are, but you have some problem with me. This is a completely out of line, inappropriate post. I wasn't talking to you, yet you felt the need to interject this? Why? To spread negativity and add fuel to the fire?

Look in the mirror.

Rodgers does not throw the ball accurately anymore. I think he is hurt. Or just not that good. But probably hurt.

11 of 19 w/ 3+ drops?

He has some drops, sure, but who doesn't? He also was bailed out by his receivers on multiple occasions (low pass to Jordy).

I'm a cock because I call things as they are? Can't deny 1 for 8 on third downs, either...

no, you're just a cock in general. and i think very little of you for it.

This is not contributing anything positive to the thread after I called you on, and even addressed the topic being discussed pertaining to football. You ignored this point just to spam the forum and contribute to a negative environment.

11 of 19 w/ 3+ drops?

Completely unnecessary personal attack. Not contributing anything positive to the thread.

Dominate. Cmon. You are heading off into one of your patented partial death spirals.

Ty at least addressed the post, but he then took it off on a tangent and added fuel to the fire...

And now we rejoin the argument from last week...

Encouraging an argument... Thanks Skin. Instead of letting something go or even contributing, you poke the bear.

STFU

Great throw from Rodfgers to Nelson

STFU? Really.. At this point? I didn't say anything to you. This is inappropriate and out of line.

Lurker64
09-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Jesus Christ Partial, what was the point of that besides making it so people have to scroll?

Partial
09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Jesus Christ Partial, what was the point of that besides making it so people have to scroll?

Two reasons.

1. I prepared them for Joe and Tarlam, mainly. I'm really tired of this sort of behavior and the personal attacks here that are allowed. It's completely out of line that this sort of gang mentality is just allowed to continue willy nilly when I've been far more of a quality-football-post contributing poster as of late than say SkinBasket, who only seems to spam.

2. To hold people accountable so they can really see what sort of a beat down I'm taking and hopefully get a glimpse into how it feels. I don't like it, I'm tired of it and I think it's really uncool. 99% of these remarks would never be said to my face, so why say them here? I think there needs to be some accountability. I'm a good, smart person and I do not deserve to be treated as such for having a differing opinion on a topic or two. Especially when I take the time to present my opinion with points and counter-points in a well-organized pleasantly presented manner.

There has been ~100 posts attacking or making fun of me since Sunday. How many have I made doing the same to others unprovoked? That said, despite 100+ attacks in 3 days, only two people have ever PM'd me presenting an issue. One today, and one months ago.

hoosier
09-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Do you ever stop to wonder why so many different posters would be taking issue with you? It couldn't have anything to do with your style of posting, could it? :idea:

Partial
09-29-2009, 08:24 PM
edit.

SkinBasket
09-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Someone has officially fucking flipped the fuck out. I won't say who, because we've all turned over a new leaf as of this morning.

Whatever...

pbmax
09-29-2009, 08:55 PM
That is on heck of a hot link warning Sparkey. It also serves well as an accountability reminder, I think.

falco
09-29-2009, 08:55 PM
That is on heck of a hot linking warning. It also serves well as an accountability reminder, I think.

i must have missed that episode... =(

falco
09-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Someone has officially fucking flipped the fuck out. I won't say who, because we've all turned over a new leaf as of this morning.

it is nice of partial though to summarize the best parts of all these threads for those who are too busy to read the whole things.

SkinBasket
09-29-2009, 09:10 PM

it is nice of partial though to summarize the best parts of all these threads for those who are too busy to read the whole things.

Strange how he leaves out his own contributions...

Sparkey
09-29-2009, 09:21 PM
That is on heck of a hot link warning Sparkey. It also serves well as an accountability reminder, I think.

At some point we are all there. :oops:

Urban Dictionary
ass clown 457 up, 138 down love it hate it

A person who by ignorance or stupidity takes up unnecessary amounts of your time.