PDA

View Full Version : The official Packers VS Redskins game day thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

imscott72
10-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Rodgers blew off the media after the game..

vince
10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
#Packers TE Jermichael Finley talking live w/Fox6 Milwaukee. On crutches, will have MRI Mon. a.m. Says it is not ACL/MCL, maybe out 2-3 wks

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Obviously not perfect, but the defense did its job today.

This offense is not even close to the same without Finley.

I'm really bugged about this - supposedly all this talented receivers would take up slack - there was so much talent! - but when MM won't even pretend to run the football, stuff's not going to work in the passing game because the Skins' D doesn't have to honor the run.

This seems to be to me about more than just injuries. This is an offense that has no identity. An offense without a running game is like a man without balls.
I don't think the running game is the problem. The Redskins have about the worst pass defense in the league and they couldn't attack them there effectively. Finley opens up the whole offense IMO. Without him, it's too easy to take Jennings out of the game and the rest of the guys can pretty much be singled up pretty consistently.

Completely agree here; and anybody who really thought Jones and Nelson could be dominant number two WR's for most teams are probably disappointed here.

Sounds like AROD has a concussion

Damn!

Bretsky
10-10-2010, 04:21 PM

He has a concussion

retailguy
10-10-2010, 04:21 PM
How bout the fucking TOP receiving corp in the league catch the fucking ball? How many drops today? Useless motherfuckers. Oh, and I thought the refs weren't supposed to call close calls at the end of the game. Two in a row to fuck us over (I'd argue neither were even real penalties). MM did his job (except for not challenging Jordy's TD early in the game). The receivers we have are shit, and fuck the refs.

woodson practically tackled the guy. pretty tough to argue that one.

poppinga? maybe, but his hand was around the guys waist.

both of them were fair calls in my opinion

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 04:22 PM

That's ok - it's McCarthy that needs to be told. potential concussion could factor too.

Tarlam!
10-10-2010, 04:22 PM
How bout the fucking TOP receiving corp in the league catch the fucking ball? How many drops today? Useless motherfuckers. Oh, and I thought the refs weren't supposed to call close calls at the end of the game. Two in a row to fuck us over (I'd argue neither were even real penalties). MM did his job (except for not challenging Jordy's TD early in the game). The receivers we have are shit, and fuck the refs.

Chan, you're always sitting on the fence. Why don't you try and share your true feelings? :lol:

pbmax
10-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Forgetting the QB, the Packers ran 13 times for 127 yards. Take out the big play (not fair since no other running game metric does this) and its 12 runs for 56 yards, for 4.67 yards per carry.

Running game not the problem today. Except, perhaps, its lack of use. They did not absolutely need to run. As with all other games, if they had fewer penalties, better Special Teams or (in this game) less drops, they would have been fine.

Or if M3 and AR had figured out the pressure package of the Redskins.

Joemailman
10-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Seemed like Orakpo became more of a factor when lined up against Clifton. I wonder if Clifton will finish the season as the starting LT.

denverYooper
10-10-2010, 04:30 PM

He has a concussion

Gee, I wonder how that happened? Couldn't have been the helmet to helmet, could it?

mmmdk
10-10-2010, 04:31 PM

Chan, you're always sitting on the fence. Why don't you try and share your true feelings? :lol:

Chan, let's face it; refs are here to stay and so is Rodgers. McCarthy isn't safe no more and he is the chief responsible for this mess. A mess that started before the injuries: a mess that's on McCarthy firstly...

I'm just afraid the injury bug will save McCarthy's ass.

Jimx29
10-10-2010, 07:50 PM

That's ok - it's McCarthy that needs to be told. potential concussion could factor too.hopefully he'll tear m3 a new one and start the process of getting rid of that worthless piece of shit coach

pbmax
10-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Seemed like Orakpo became more of a factor when lined up against Clifton. I wonder if Clifton will finish the season as the starting LT.
Bulaga had some trouble, but mostly he looked like a beast.

Bretsky
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Forgetting the QB, the Packers ran 13 times for 127 yards. Take out the big play (not fair since no other running game metric does this) and its 12 runs for 56 yards, for 4.67 yards per carry.

Running game not the problem today. Except, perhaps, its lack of use. They did not absolutely need to run. As with all other games, if they had fewer penalties, better Special Teams or (in this game) less drops, they would have been fine.

On paper this may be accurate. But the running game has no consistency.

I recall at least twice when there was a decent run on first down and then the next run gets blown up. We couldn't punch it in the end zone.

When that occurs it's natural for a coach to lose confidence in the running game.

pbmax
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM

He has a concussion

Gee, I wonder how that happened? Couldn't have been the helmet to helmet, could it?
Another case where justice may not be served until the fine is levied and announced Thursday.

I did not get a clear look. Was it definitely hat to hat?

pbmax
10-10-2010, 08:57 PM

I recall at least twice when there was a decent run on first down and then the next run gets blown up. We couldn't punch it in the end zone.

When that occurs it's natural for a coach to lose confidence in the running game.
B, no one runs for 4 yards a carry like this: 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4 = 18 carries, 72 yards

It always looks like this:
3,1,5,2,6,-1,0,6,3,8,2,11,4,0,-3,17,4,5,-1 = 18 carries, 72 yards

That not statistics making it seem non dependable. That is real life.

Bretsky
10-10-2010, 09:00 PM

B, no one runs for 4 yards a carry like this: 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4 = 18 carries, 72 yards

It always looks like this:
3,1,5,2,6,-1,0,6,3,8,2,11,4,0,-3,17,4,5,-1 = 18 carries, 72 yards

That not statistics making it seem non dependable. That is real life.

My point is still this
Whe he tried to rely on a run that was really needed it was blown up

I have a hard time criticizing MM much for not running much. Our running game sucks. Our OL is not consistent and our RB's are below average. How far below is a whole nothe debate

channtheman
10-10-2010, 09:16 PM

Chan, let's face it; refs are here to stay and so is Rodgers. McCarthy isn't safe no more and he is the chief responsible for this mess. A mess that started before the injuries: a mess that's on McCarthy firstly...

I'm just afraid the injury bug will save McCarthy's ass.

I know complaining about the refs is fruitless, but this receiving corp we have is overrated from top to bottom. I think Driver had 5 drops, Jones had 2, Jennings let one fly right through his hands, and I think that's about it. But really now, 8 catchable balls dropped? That is unacceptable and it is hard to blame McCarthy when the plays he called would have worked... if only the receivers would catch the damn ball.

My only issue with MM today was not challenging Jordy's TD in the first quarter. That was a TD and we ended up with no points on that drive. Also, Crosby has got to start making clutch field goals, but would it kill the offense to hurry up and spike the ball with 17 seconds instead of 7 so they can try for 5 more yards? Hell, 1 more yard on that long field goal and it's good and we win.

Frustrating to lose games like this, we should be 5-0... or I guess we could be 1-4. The NFL looks like shit this year so I think if we can somehow muster 7 more wins and get to the playoffs we'll have as good a shot as any other team.

Joemailman
10-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Trick of the camera, or did the Packers almost block the winning field goal?

http://media.jsonline.com/images/527*600/mjs-pack11-06ofx-wood-packers11.jpg

MJZiggy
10-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Watching it from the stands, I thought someone got a paw on it, but it didn't make much difference. It wasn't much more than a chip shot.

Bretsky
10-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Watching it from the stands, I thought someone got a paw on it, but it didn't make much difference. It wasn't much more than a chip shot.

you were in the stands

NOW WE KNOW WHO TO BLAME !

MJZiggy
10-11-2010, 06:19 PM

you were in the stands

MichPackFan was in a club seat. And believe me, we weren't the only Pack fans. Also worth noting that the stadium was no where near full. Apparently either they were all bought by scalpers, or the season ticket holders can't be counted on to show up on the most perfect football-watching day I've ever experienced.

Bretsky
10-11-2010, 06:25 PM

you were in the stands

MichPackFan was in a club seat. And believe me, we weren't the only Pack fans. Also worth noting that the stadium was no where near full. Apparently either they were all bought by scalpers, or the season ticket holders can't be counted on to show up on the most perfect football-watching day I've ever experienced.

Ah, but you have history behind you

Remember the Bears game at Lambeau ??

retailguy
10-11-2010, 07:11 PM

you were in the stands

Ah, but you have history behind you

Remember the Bears game at Lambeau ??

(And the Falcons game at Lambeau). :twisted:

MJZiggy
10-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Bastards! Both of you.

Bretsky
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Bastards! Both of you.

Earth to Ziggy

Playoff Games..........DON"T EVER GO

Joemailman
10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Gotta admit, I've been to all 3 Packer home playoff losses. :oops: 4-3 overall.

retailguy
10-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Gotta admit, I've been to all 3 Packer home playoff losses. :oops: 4-3 overall.

weren't you sitting with Ziggy at the Falcons game? :evil: :twisted:

Joemailman
10-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah, but I'm 2-0 this year. Someone needs to buy me a ticket for Sunday.