PDA

View Full Version : Return of the King

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Harlan Huckleby
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
I think kids should get a dixie cup of tang and a bowl of gruel like I got in catholic school.

HowardRoark
09-13-2011, 08:10 PM
So, from the land of government over-regulation...

We get a reminder from our kid's preschool today, along with a copy of Michelle Obama's new "food plate," of the school's lunch policy. They state that State Licensing standards require them to require parents to include the following in our 4 year old's lunch: Protein, grain, dairy, 2 fruit and/or vegetables. So I guess tomorrow, I will be sending this with my kid.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vGzknGyuCqc/RhSTwE9_5KI/AAAAAAAAAO0/KgdAPx0OgMQ/s320/Food-Pyramid.jpg

I'm going to have to buy him a bigger backpack.

What happened to the home schooling?

SkinBasket
09-14-2011, 07:37 AM
What happened to the home schooling?

The first one got some time in preschool, so according tho my wife's separate but equal laws for the kids, the second one does too. It's useful for the basics, and he can use the extra work he gets there. Apparently it will also be a good lesson in the state bureaucracy embedding itself into the education system, even non-public schools.

Partial
09-14-2011, 08:36 AM
You intend to homeschool your kids in high school?

SkinBasket
09-14-2011, 09:18 AM
You intend to homeschool your kids in high school?

That will be their choice.

Scott Campbell
09-14-2011, 10:07 AM
They state that State Licensing standards require them to require parents to include the following in our 4 year old's lunch: Protein, grain, dairy, 2 fruit and/or vegetables.

I'm not too worried about the other 4, but please don't try and be funny with the protein.

Deputy Nutz
09-14-2011, 11:12 AM
The first one got some time in preschool, so according tho my wife's separate but equal laws for the kids, the second one does too. It's useful for the basics, and he can use the extra work he gets there. Apparently it will also be a good lesson in the state bureaucracy embedding itself into the education system, even non-public schools.

How much does your poor social behaviors/fear have to do with you choosing to home school your children? How much does your dislike of working or creating a career for yourself play into your choice for home schooling your children? It is like a band aid, you just have to pull it off because the longer you leave it one the harder it gets to remove.

SkinBasket
09-14-2011, 11:22 AM
How much does your poor social behaviors/fear have to do with you choosing to home school your children? How much does your dislike of working or creating a career for yourself play into your choice for home schooling your children? It is like a band aid, you just have to pull it off because the longer you leave it one the harder it gets to remove.

Just cuz you couldn't hack it is no reason to hate h8r.

And for your information I'm forced out into the throngs of the mentally unwashed far more regularly than if our kids were public school buffoons. I usually feel like Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov though.

mraynrand
09-14-2011, 11:40 AM
I usually feel like Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov though.

That's funny, because Rodya was supposed to be good-looking. I could see Nutz as Razumikhin, if he weren't quite so bitter.

Little Whiskey
09-14-2011, 11:43 AM
That's funny, because Rodya was supposed to be good-looking. I could see Nutz as Razumikhin, if he weren't quite so bitter.

was he a favre fan too?

Partial
09-14-2011, 12:23 PM
That will be their choice.

Cool. I personally am not a fan of home schooling but for the sake of your children I'm glad you're giving them a choice come high school. Please strongly push math and science.

SkinBasket
09-14-2011, 12:25 PM

That's what you took from his character?

But, yeah, nutz makes a pretty good Dmitri Prokofych. Except Four Loco is nutz's vodka. I was just thinking too that Partial makes a splendid Zamyotov (or Zametov as the case may be).

SkinBasket
09-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Cool. I personally am not a fan of home schooling but for the sake of your children I'm glad you're giving them a choice come high school. Please strongly push math and science.

I'm saving all your posts to make sort of a study bible.

mraynrand
09-14-2011, 12:47 PM
That's what you took from his character?

It was just a quip

But, yeah, nutz makes a pretty good Dmitri Prokofych. Except Four Loco is nutz's vodka. I was just thinking too that Partial makes a splendid Zamyotov (or Zametov as the case may be). I always had Partial as Prince Myshkin.:wink:

Little Whiskey
09-14-2011, 12:52 PM

says the guy without kids.
your perspective on whats best for your kids changes dramatically once you actually have them.

Deputy Nutz
09-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Just cuz you couldn't hack it is no reason to hate h8r.

And for your information I'm forced out into the throngs of the mentally unwashed far more regularly than if our kids were public school buffoons. I usually feel like Rodion Romanovich Raskolnikov though.

Hack what?

SkinBasket
09-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Why do you bother me with such things?

Partial
09-14-2011, 03:32 PM
says the guy without kids.
your perspective on whats best for your kids changes dramatically once you actually have them.

Sure, it's not my place to tell Skin how to raise his kids. My experience with home schooled kids and also private schooled kids hasn't been the best. I certainly hope that he and his wife will take their roles seriously and do a good job. I can't imagine anyone taking that job lightly.

Deputy Nutz
09-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Why do you bother me with such things?

I really hope you are not paying attention to your kids right now.

HowardRoark
09-14-2011, 04:52 PM
My experience with home schooled kids and also private schooled kids hasn't been the best.

Another good reason to home school or send your kids to private school.

MadtownPacker
09-14-2011, 07:17 PM
My experience with home schooled kids and also private schooled kids hasn't been the best.
Damn you got picked on at your own house?? Was it a sister? :lol:

SkinBasket
10-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Hey nutz, are you going to start a new thread or are we using this one?

yesterday was baseline day.

1.1 mile variable Tour de Skinbasket circuit. Some pilates leg action. Stretching. Shoulders with little weight balls. Push-ups.

Breakfast: Au gratin potatoes
Lunch: Turkey sandwich with provolone and miracle whip on wheat bread
Diner: Chef Boy-r-dee ravioli, bread with butter, giant pretzel with cheddar cheese dip, chocolate covered pretzels and 2 herseys nuggets and 3 red bull gimlets

mraynrand
10-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Diner: Chef Boy-r-dee ravioli, bread with butter, giant pretzel with cheddar cheese dip, chocolate covered pretzels and 2 herseys nuggets and 3 red bull gimlets

You had to go to a Diner to get that? What a shitty diner. Why dip over cheese cubes? Your diet makes no sense. You need some organic broccoli picked by an illegal in there

hoosier
10-13-2011, 12:22 PM
You had to go to a Diner to get that? What a shitty diner. Why dip over cheese cubes? Your diet makes no sense. You need some organic broccoli picked by an illegal in there

That might help explain why he has gone from ~198 in the original thread to 218 today. Twenty pounds in two years. If the Skinbasket is still in its 30s, imagine what its annual weight gain will look like when it is 60. We might be talking Grady Jackson sized.

mraynrand
10-13-2011, 12:25 PM
That might help explain why he has gone from ~198 in the original thread to 218 today. Twenty pounds in two years. If the Skinbasket is still in its 30s, imagine what its annual weight gain will look like when it is 60. We might be talking Grady Jackson sized.

I'm guessing it all has to do with the giant pretzels:

http://www.listicles.com/wp-content/upload/pretzelsalzburg.jpg

SkinBasket
10-13-2011, 01:27 PM

Fuck 2 years. I've put that on in the last 5 months. I am now a big ol' blank fat slate. A lump of clay to mold as I choose.

I've got some good baselines to work with. 175 is peak condition. 200 is training but being a slob otherwise. 220 is bottom of the barrel. I've tried to hit rock bottom, and this is as much weight as I can carry. Getting back to 200 will be easy since it's just water and new fat. It's the old fat that you have to dig at.

Zool
10-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Finally, was waiting for this to get fired back up.

Finally able to run again without much pain so its time. I'm looking to hit 190 again.

SkinBasket
10-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Finally, was waiting for this to get fired back up.

Finally able to run again without much pain so its time. I'm looking to hit 190 again.

I think nutz was looking to make a Biggest Loser type thing here where we could all compete while having a common goal. But he's sick and lonely. We'll have to wait and see if he wants to start a new venture or just stay fat.

SkinBasket
10-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Today!

More stretching (my legs need it big time) sit up circuit, arms and back on the ol' weight machine, curls, rows, and triceps pulldowns. 5 minute cool-down jog.
breakfast: PB and J on english muffin once I realized my kid couldn't take it to school (OMG! Peanuts!), dried apples, dried figs, walnuts, water
lunch: au gratin potatoes with turkey and v8 fusion
dinner: 12" of Subway, 6 " ham and cheese, 6" tuna, long expired potato chips, a giant salted pretzel with cheese, a little cookie cake, and 3 red bull gimlets.

Deputy Nutz
10-14-2011, 07:56 AM
240 pounds of nasty. I won't bore you with the decimals. On Tuesday I played a double header to finish out the fall softball season. Just brutal on the body, I actually dove for a ball. Thursday I played a confrontational basketball game with our students for 45 minutes. I sweated a lot.

Breakfast today i ate a bagel that was stuffed with salami a apple and a diet cherry coke. I might go for a walk this afternoon for my lunch break.

Little Whiskey
10-14-2011, 08:21 AM
I actually dove for a ball. .

A mark Kotsay head first type slide?

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19888029

woodbuck27
10-14-2011, 08:22 AM
what the kind of bicycle tire do you change with a tire iron?

That would be one that your changing with 'baby hands'.

woodbuck27
10-14-2011, 08:33 AM

Surely Skin's seldom serious. I just take this poster as 'the King of Grossness'; the original whore Master of all things tasteless and really repugnant in a virtual reality sense. In all reality Ski ns likely into Kraft Dinner served with extra cheees and catsup (heavy on the pepper) and he really digs tna and eg answich's and peanut butter and Jelly. Just 'in reality' your all American Boy-Adult. Kinda of a John Carlin A Plus Extention.

Partial
10-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Nutzy are you working as an educator again? I thought you started your own company? That's what Facebook said not too long ago. Cool beans man.

I'm weighing about 195 these days.

Happy iPhone day everybody. Apple stock is making it's ascend to 1000 dollars a share.

Zool
10-14-2011, 09:39 AM
201...fuck

Breakfast: had effing meetings all morning
Lunch: Leftover pasta, grapes, coke 0
Dinner: turkey sandwich dry, apple diet coke
At the bar: 1 Captain coke
Late night binge: 4 oreos and a cup of skim

Had no time to exercise. Right after work I went to my friends house to hang some siding. Did that until 8-ish then to the bar for a friends birthday thing. Only 1 drink then home for the end of the Brewers. Thankfully work out world is only $10/mo. I'm not getting my money's worth.

Upnorth
10-14-2011, 10:02 AM
When I left the military I was 210 of mostly muscle. In the next year put on 40 lbs of mostly fat. Still holding at 250ish these days, still mostly fat. When your jobs goes from physical with manditory PT to meals out with clients as networking you get fat quick. My poor wife, marries a man in uniform, ends up with a guy who always need the pants let out in his suits.
I have a gym membership, but instead of using it for physical activity I am mostly using it as a donation to the local economy. Just north of our ranch we have a valey that I ran when wee first moved here. From my house it is 2.5 miles to the river in the center of the valley, then 2.5 hard miles back up. I ran it 4x a week then my knee acted up so I had to take it easy for a while. Awhile has turned into have gone again.

Deputy Nutz
10-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Just ate a turkey sandwich without anything to drink so I gagged a little bit.

SkinBasket
10-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Surely Skin's seldom serious

And you would be wrong.

SkinBasket
10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Just ate a turkey sandwich without anything to drink so I gagged a little bit.

Well, that's better than Zool. All that diet coke is going to give him ass cancer.

mraynrand
10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Grape nuts with chocolate milk. Pot worth of French roast coffee grounds, brewed into two cups water. Resuscitation with paddles.

Zool
10-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Well, that's better than Zool. All that diet coke is going to give him ass cancer.

I know I just realized what I did through the day as I thought back. Might have to wean myself off caffeine again and go back to drinking scotch.

woodbuck27
10-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Today!

More stretching (my legs need it big time) sit up circuit, arms and back on the ol' weight machine, curls, rows, and triceps pulldowns. 5 minute cool-down jog.
breakfast: PB and J on english muffin once I realized my kid couldn't take it to school (OMG! Peanuts!), dried apples, dried figs, walnuts, water
lunch: au gratin potatoes with turkey and v8 fusion
dinner: 12" of Subway, 6 " ham and cheese, 6" tuna, long expired potato chips, a giant salted pretzel with cheese, a little cookie cake, and 3 red bull gimlets.

"dinner: 12" of Subway, 6 " ham and cheese, 6" tuna, long expired potato chips, a giant salted pretzel with cheese, a little cookie cake, and 3 red bull gimlets." SkinBasket

Who are you ... really? Jesus Christ !??

woodbuck27
10-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Another good reason to home school or send your kids to private school.

Partial stay STRONG. Your the ROCK at the precipice of the cliff not the pebble tumbling down it.

SkinBasket
10-16-2011, 08:38 AM
"dinner: 12" of Subway, 6 " ham and cheese, 6" tuna, long expired potato chips, a giant salted pretzel with cheese, a little cookie cake, and 3 red bull gimlets." SkinBasket

Who are you ... really? Jesus Christ !??

I don't think they had Subway during Christ's time. Or salted pretzels.

Upnorth
10-16-2011, 10:14 AM

Since we are being nitpicky I don't think they had redbull or potato chips either. I might be wrong, but call it a hunch.

Partial
10-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Bought myself and iPhone 4S today. It's wonderful so far. Now I've gotta find a case.

woodbuck27
10-17-2011, 06:54 AM

Yes but JC lives forever and keeps up with the times.

SkinBasket
10-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Yes but JC lives forever and keeps up with the times.

So... you're saying I'm Jesus because I like to eat?

retailguy
10-17-2011, 08:21 AM

Only if you eat broiled fish.

SkinBasket
10-17-2011, 08:42 AM
I'll eat broiled baby if it tastes good.

Deputy Nutz
10-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I moved my fat loss/gain posts to a new thread

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I moved my fat loss/gain posts to a new thread don't leave me hanging. which one? which one?

Deputy Nutz
10-17-2011, 12:03 PM
it is quite new

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2011, 12:39 PM
If I really gave a crap about your fat that would be even newer.

sorry, nutty buddy

woodbuck27
10-17-2011, 10:25 PM

No Skin. I'm rather sure your NOT Jesus. Evidence abounds to that suggestion but you can live just like Jesus because he loves you.

SkinBasket
10-18-2011, 07:40 AM
No Skin. I'm rather sure your NOT Jesus. Evidence abounds to that suggestion but you can live just like Jesus because he loves you.

Who's to say I don't live like Jesus? And by suggesting I don't, are you passing judgement on me or on Jesus?

Zool
10-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Who's to say I don't live like Jesus? And by suggesting I don't, are you passing judgement on me or on Jesus?

I would assume he's judging you, but he might be old enough to have met J himself.

SkinBasket
10-19-2011, 10:02 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/319174_2348692408165_1575724732_3707250_2017826732 _n.jpg

GrnBay007
10-19-2011, 11:11 AM
^^ Ha Ha^^ :)

GrnBay007
10-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Ok, I was still laughing tonight about Skin's pic above. Showed my kids. Was called a dork. IDC....still think its funny! Teens!! ...no sense of humor!! :)

MJZiggy
10-19-2011, 09:15 PM
My kid laughed...

Then again, I gave it the wrong song. "It's Dynomite, mom!"

Oops.

SkinBasket
10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
So I went into Sam's club this morning to pick some shit up while my kid's at art class. But I forgot to poop this morning, so by the time I get there, there's some serious downward pressure. grab a cart, find a nice display with some really nice gloves for only like $12, so I get them and head to the restroom. That's when things get dicey. You see, usually Sam's club keeps a reasonably clean restroom, but, and I never thought this existed, this is a "black" Sams club, so there's a couple guys who look homeless sitting on the bench right outside the men's room and it turns out there's some really long afro hairs on the toilet seat. So I want to be done with this quickly before I get a virus or robbed. So I start pushing while I'm squatting because I don't want my ass cheeks to be in contact with the seat for too long. Unfortunately, while I'm pushing out 1.5 pounds of sound, I'm also not aware that my cock is askance, and as such, I'm pissing on my shorts and underwear. Long story short, I pissed on myself. And I didn't get my gloves because I thought I should probably head home and change. Kind of a disappointing Sam's Club trip overall.

mraynrand
10-25-2011, 02:13 PM
So I went into Sam's club this morning to pick some shit up while my kid's at art class. But I forgot to poop this morning, so by the time I get there, there's some serious downward pressure. grab a cart, find a nice display with some really nice gloves for only like $12, so I get them and head to the restroom. That's when things get dicey. You see, usually Sam's club keeps a reasonably clean restroom, but, and I never thought this existed, this is a "black" Sams club, so there's a couple guys who look homeless sitting on the bench right outside the men's room and it turns out there's some really long afro hairs on the toilet seat. So I want to be done with this quickly before I get a virus or robbed. So I start pushing while I'm squatting because I don't want my ass cheeks to be in contact with the seat for too long. Unfortunately, while I'm pushing out 1.5 pounds of sound, I'm also not aware that my cock is askance, and as such, I'm pissing on my shorts and underwear. Long story short, I pissed on myself. And I didn't get my gloves because I thought I should probably head home and change. Kind of a disappointing Sam's Club trip overall.

I figured you just took the gloves so you didn't have to touch anything in the restroom.

hoosier
10-25-2011, 02:28 PM
You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble by taking your dump directly into one of the gloves in the glove aisle. I fully expected you to do that and am somewhat disappointed that you failed to realize that opportunity. Now go back to being scared of black people.

retailguy
10-25-2011, 03:01 PM
They have black people in Cincinnati? I had no idea. I thought Venus Flytrap was the only one.

Deputy Nutz
10-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Apparently their are a lot of black people in Cincy.

We have all pissed on ourselves.

Zool
10-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Black people piss their pants all the time. 'Sall good

HowardRoark
10-25-2011, 05:54 PM
We can get that pissing yourself issue fixed while we're down there if you like.

http://www.theurologygroup.cc/images/doctors/34.jpg

woodbuck27
10-25-2011, 07:26 PM
I figured you just took the gloves so you didn't have to touch anything in the restroom.

No ... Damn. He wouldn't have paid for them stinky gloves.

woodbuck27
10-25-2011, 07:27 PM
They have black people in Cincinnati? I had no idea. I thought Venus Flytrap was the only one.

Shoot yaa !

SkinBasket
10-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Apparently their are a lot of black people in Cincy.

But they don't belong in Sams Club. It's a club for a reason, and when was the last time you met a black person named Sam? The first time I went there, during gold club hours mind you, I got stuck at the register behind a black lady in a motorized scooter and two younger black folks behind her. We waited for several minutes while this fat woman, on oxygen, on the scooter, paid her $47 dollar and some cents bill with singles, folded into packs of ten. Of course the cashier had to unfold them all and count them. I was about to quip to the people behind her that she must be the oldest stripper I've ever seen, but was glad I didn't when it became obvious that they were with her, but paying separate, braking the order into parts and further delaying the entire process. I knew, I KNEW, it was a bad idea going there again.

We have all pissed on ourselves.

Yeah, I know. That's why I wasn't so concerned about it, walking out of Sams Club with a soaked ass. I mean, I totally hosed them. I guess I could have stood in front of the hand dryer for a few minutes, but by then I was just disappointed and wanted to leave.

Deputy Nutz
10-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Cosco.

Harlan Huckleby
10-25-2011, 10:52 PM
when was the last time you met a black person named Sam?
http://www.knopfnotes.com/assets/images/Casablanca.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
10-25-2011, 11:12 PM
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/SamkonMD.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
10-25-2011, 11:13 PM
http://www.wnd.com/images/elder090716.jpg

HowardRoark
10-25-2011, 11:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REjmIdpAHsw

Harlan Huckleby
10-26-2011, 02:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j2mzeyGZ8Y

Harlan Huckleby
10-26-2011, 02:52 AM
http://www.alef.net/ALEFPeople/SamuelLJackson/FromPulpFiction02.Gif

Zool
10-26-2011, 08:59 AM
You've never met any of those guys.

Harlan Huckleby
10-26-2011, 12:12 PM
you don't know shit, I met two of um

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSfGvptL_TY

Harlan Huckleby
10-26-2011, 12:14 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpryj2NwSD1qgpiow.jpg

hoosier
10-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Harlan needs help:

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1700/juansamuel.jpg

hoosier
10-26-2011, 01:15 PM
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3013/drsamuelsamuel.jpg

woodbuck27
10-26-2011, 02:01 PM
http://www.alef.net/ALEFPeople/SamuelLJackson/FromPulpFiction02.Gif

Now. There's a serious contender. IMO. That scene is one of the very best in all of the history of movies. I loved it . I loved that movie. Pulp Fiction ... ROCKS !

SkinBasket
10-26-2011, 02:24 PM
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3013/drsamuelsamuel.jpg

Now there's a black Sam Harlan's probably actually met.

mraynrand
10-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Almost every thread with Harlan ends in healthcare.

MadtownPacker
10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
you don't know shit, I met two of um

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSfGvptL_TY

Who gives a fuck? If you dont got a story about pissing yourself get lost!

Scott Campbell
10-26-2011, 05:11 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT SHIT AIN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN TO YOU TILL WOODY'S AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woodbuck27
10-27-2011, 02:24 AM
Two Newfoundlanders Harold and Harry were out jigging cod in a dory one day when a North Easter blew them off course into high seas in da ocean. €

They was stranded in their Dory for some four long days.

On the 4th day, a mermaid came up out of the water and offered dem one wish to improve their lives.

They taught bout it for five minutes when suddenly Harold shouted out , Ooo Kaa... I's wishs dat ta ocean was a sea of beer."

And it happened..... and as Newfoundlanders do they began to drink. Drink alot!

Soon they was pissed and Harry said ta Harold ,"Jeeeze ...really great Harold ! Now we has ta pee in da dory !"

and ... on the subject of pissing (and beer).

There's this big conference of beer producers. At the end of the day, the presidents of all beer companies decide to have a drink in a bar.

The President of 'Budweiser' orders a Bud.

The President of 'Miller' orders a Miller Lite.

Adolph Coors orders a Coors, and the list goes on.

Then the waitress asks Arthur Guinness what he wants to drink, and much to everybody's amazement, Mr. Guinness orders a Coke!

"Why don't you order a Guinness?" his colleagues ask.

"Naah. . . . . .If you guys won't drink beer, then neither will I."

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2011, 11:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWT_p4_GP5A

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
http://shop.sportsworldcards.com/ekmps/shops/sportsworld/images/new-orleans-saints-sam-mills-155-topps-1989-nfl-american-football-trading-card-37885-p.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm not stopping until Skinbasket admits that he is a goddamn, vicious, racist liar.

As to my claim to have met two of them: well, that requires some careful parsing. I count Sam & Dave as two. And by "met", I mean saw them at a small club called Headliners in Madison back in the 70's.

There, I've come clean. When is Skinbasket going to step forward and apologize for soiling our community with his slur against dark skinned Sams?

SkinBasket
10-27-2011, 11:34 AM
You've more than proven my point with your aged, dead, and forgotten black Sams. Thank you.

SkinBasket
12-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Listen to the audio here for perhaps the most succinct, accurate, and revealing insight into how partial, and his friends out at the Occupy "protests" were created, especially the part about how these people have been "shamed by real life" after being raised to believe they are too big to fail:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/adam-carolla-breaks-down-occupy-movement-fking-self-entitled-monsters/

Just don't listen at work. Adam Carolla used to be kind of a wank. But he seems much smarter now.

MJZiggy
12-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Listen to the audio here for perhaps the most succinct, accurate, and revealing insight into how partial, and his friends out at the Occupy "protests" were created, especially the part about how these people have been "shamed by real life" after being raised to believe they are too big to fail:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/adam-carolla-breaks-down-occupy-movement-fking-self-entitled-monsters/

Just don't listen at work. Adam Carolla used to be kind of a wank. But he seems much smarter now.

Doesn't this belong in FYI?

mraynrand
12-01-2011, 07:19 PM

The Skinbasket is obviously making the argument that Carolla is referring to people with Partial's attitude. Assuming Parial really has a job and is productive, I don't think it's a completely accurate comparison for Partial, but it certainly descries the OWS crowd

Since the thread is about Partial, it's appropriate here, IMO.

But I bet Mad will move it if you complain enough. Send a few PMs. Wouldn't want to ruffle your sensitive feathers.

MJZiggy
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
The Skinbasket is obviously making the argument that Carolla is referring to people with Partial's attitude. Assuming Parial really has a job and is productive, I don't think it's a completely accurate comparison for Partial, but it certainly descries the OWS crowd

Since the thread is about Partial, it's appropriate here, IMO.

But I bet Mad will move it if you complain enough. Send a few PMs. Wouldn't want to ruffle your sensitive feathers.

I don't send PMs over useless shit like this. At least make it something good.

SkinBasket
12-02-2011, 07:31 AM

No, it doesn't. There's nothing political about it in the least. The OWS crowd is pushing for a different form of government, to be sure - one that mirrors Obama's dreams from his father, but this is about the attitude and culture that allows such a movement to be successful at this time in history. An attitude and culture, that does, I think reflect both in Partial and the OWS crowd, rand. You point out that Partial has a job and is productive, but it goes beyond that, to the idea of entitlement and the continuing erosion of personal property rights that walk hand in hand. Partial said it best when he described him and his being "sold" the American dream, which when he described it was nothing more than a laundry list of entitlement based on inherent moralistic "rights" and the birthright of an empty higher education, without considering who it was sold to him by - namely those who took his money and taught him those corrupted moralistic rights. Or to sum it all up as Carolla does, a bunch of ass douches. Partial was a better man in theory than those pathetic pubic lice in the streets, but the same ideas and propaganda still set off the same educator-installed switch in his brain calling for outrage, anger, and revolution.

Iron Mike
12-02-2011, 07:37 AM
http://images.betterworldbooks.com/143/Samuel-Fraunces-Black-Sam-Cole-Connie-9781436391047.jpg

Deputy Nutz
12-02-2011, 07:38 AM
He doesn't live here anymore, send his mail to his fowarding address.

Harlan Huckleby
12-13-2011, 09:26 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/580/590/103550193_display_image.jpg

SkinBasket
01-12-2012, 01:55 PM
I place my innocence in the vault of me heart. The door slams closed with the echos of the remorseful years and the tyranny of their scorched remains. Stupidly, I hope.

Little Whiskey
01-12-2012, 07:23 PM
too bad, I thought partial was back.

HowardRoark
01-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I place my innocence in the vault of me heart. The door slams closed with the echos of the remorseful years and the tyranny of their scorched remains. Stupidly, I hope.

Vague.

Deputy Nutz
01-14-2012, 01:49 PM

I need to remember this, so next time I see you I have reason to punch you right in the face.

mraynrand
01-14-2012, 11:31 PM
You need another reason?

SkinBasket
01-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Brushing up on my poetry jams. Another 4 years of Obama is going to mean required poetry jams and general vanigaism.

Freak Out
02-13-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm sure Partial shot a load after AAPL closed over $500 today.

Scott Campbell
02-13-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm sure Partial shot a load after AAPL closed over $500 today.

I always knew that kid was onto something.

call_me_ishmael
01-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Greetings and salutations. I intended to use this account to discuss the Pack exlcusively, but honestly this place is pretty much dead. Long live the king. Hope all is well.

Updates:

Mrs. B and I bought a house out in Pewaukee. We're closing Feb 15th. Nice little VDay gift for the Mrs. if I do say so myself.

Work is going well. Life is going well. Weigh a comfortable 200 lbs these days. Not a bad gig.

What are you nerds up to?

Oh, Patler... told you I was right. Since I bought AAPL, I basically tripled my money, then sold off in the high 600s, then bought another buttload of it in the low 600s. Wifey and I set ourselves up very well financially for the foreseeable future.

Protip: BUY EVERY PENNY OF AAPL THAT YOU POSSIBLY CAN RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT WILL HIT 1K within 15-16 months, effectively doubling your money.

mraynrand
01-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Insults and arrogance: well played, sir.

SkinBasket
01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I intended to use this account to discuss the Pack exlcusively

Well that lasted exactly... zero posts.

Patler
01-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Oh, Patler... told you I was right. Since I bought AAPL, I basically tripled my money, then sold off in the high 600s, then bought another buttload of it in the low 600s. Wifey and I set ourselves up very well financially for the foreseeable future.

Protip: BUY EVERY PENNY OF AAPL THAT YOU POSSIBLY CAN RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT WILL HIT 1K within 15-16 months, effectively doubling your money.

I think you are "mis-remembering" my position on AAPL. As you might recall, I too own AAPL. You did EXACTLY as I said you should, but you didn't seem to think was necessary a while back. You took profits off the table. At one time you suggested putting everything you own in APPL, and just sitting on it because it was on a one way rocket trip to $1000. I think you were predicting 1000/share by fourth quarter 2011, weren't you? It hasn't come close to that. I said there would be swings, and buying and selling opportunities along the way. The recent swing was a portfolio value buster for anyone who owned too much and held tight on the fall from 700.

I have done just fine buying and selling AAPL every now and then, while continuing to hold at least some since I first purchased it. But, I own less now than I did a year ago. I have not yet bought more for quite a while, and will not until they prove more to me again. They have missed earnings estimates 2 consecutive quarters, and three of the last five. If they miss again, the market will not be kind, and could present a much lower buying opportunity (or maybe a final warning to get out completely for a while). If they have a good report, there will be ample time to get back in if it seems like the right choice at the time.

Freak Out
01-08-2013, 01:08 PM
I can say the same thing about gold "Ishmael"....they would have made more money doing that.

Patler
01-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Since I bought AAPL, I basically tripled my money, then sold off in the high 600s, then bought another buttload of it in the low 600s. Wifey and I set ourselves up very well financially for the foreseeable future.

You sold AAPL "in the high 600s" and bought in the low $600s. Right now, the "buttload" you bought "in the low 600s" is showing a loss of around 15% with AAPL trading at around 525.

Meanwhile, I sold AAPL stock at $655 in October. I bought Leapfrog (LF) just under $7.80 and sold yesterday at just above $8.90. I can buy back into AAPL at a 15% discount from where you bought back in, if I chose to do that.

If I buy AAPL now, I can make 30% on the money I got from my sale of AAPL in October when you will have broken even on your sale "in the high 600s" and repurchase of "another buttload of it in the low 600s".

Pardon me if I don't take your investing advice.

mraynrand
01-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm worried about Partial - er, Ishmael - taking all these butt loads. Mrs. B may not like that so much. On the subject of butt loads however, where is Harlan?

wootah
01-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Damned rand I cannot rep you for that post since I have to spread my love around according to this hippie website. Funny stuff!

mraynrand
01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Damned rand I cannot rep you for that post since I have to spread my love around according to this hippie website. Funny stuff!

I appreciate that, Clark

http://cdn5.movieclips.com/warner-bros/c/christmas-vacation-1989/0094530_14892_MC_UTx360.jpg

call_me_ishmael
01-08-2013, 08:27 PM
They're not gonna miss Patler. They are going to have a blowout Q1 just like last year. Maybe not 25% above expectations, but well above wall st. I'm expecting 50M+ iPhones, 25M+ iPads, etc. Asymco has them at 60B revenue. That seems about right.

Not criticizing your strats. I don't care one bit. I don't have the time to read about many stocks. For me, holding AAPL long is where it's at. Andy Zaky is historically one of the best AAPL analysts and he has it hitting 1K in 15 months. I believe him. We have 27.2% in AAPL, 45.4% cash, 27.2% mutual funds right now.

Anyway, later guys. No time these days for this sort of thing anymore. Growing up is kind of a drag, man.

Iron Mike
01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDAQysz9dw4

HowardRoark
01-08-2013, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp5X4MBIbLs

HowardRoark
01-08-2013, 11:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h2ZixoCCWI

Iron Mike
01-08-2013, 11:17 PM
If old members are coming back, what happened to Jerry Tagge??

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/297060_10150753970715591_4038460_n.jpg

Freak Out
01-09-2013, 11:22 AM
LOL. It's always nice when you come by for a visit. Don't forget to call your mother!

SkinBasket
01-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Protip: cash is a great investment.

mraynrand
01-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Protip: cash is a great investment.

QFT

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MMR7FMGPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

MadtownPacker
01-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Is this lame assklown suppose to be partial? Wow the king truly is dead.

call_me_ishmael
01-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Is this lame assklown suppose to be partial? Wow the king truly is dead.

You got my account locked out homie. Just popping in for the playoffs. I'm excited, dude. Worried, but excited.

Cash is for down payment on house, Skin. We are closing in middle of Feb.

SkinBasket
01-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Just saying, that's a large percentage of cash. I'm guessing you're putting a large amount down and doing a short term mortgage, but still, half your assets in cash (or real estate for that matter)... yikes. Hope your other investments stay strong.

And congratulations on finally making an honest woman out of your dime piece. You going to start a family proper soon?

call_me_ishmael
01-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Just saying, that's a large percentage of cash. I'm guessing you're putting a large amount down and doing a short term mortgage, but still, half your assets in cash (or real estate for that matter)... yikes. Hope your other investments stay strong.

And congratulations on finally making an honest woman out of your dime piece. You going to start a family proper soon?

Thanks! The Mrs. wants to have a kid when she is 29 so in two years. Scary stuff.

mraynrand
01-10-2013, 10:05 AM

don't do 30 year unless you have to, and don't have to. 15 year max, pay twice a month.

George Cumby
01-17-2013, 09:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDAQysz9dw4

LOL!

"That was my grandma's table!"

I think it's bullshit but it was funny nonetheless.....

George Cumby
01-17-2013, 09:46 PM
I think you are "mis-remembering" my position on AAPL. As you might recall, I too own AAPL. You did EXACTLY as I said you should, but you didn't seem to think was necessary a while back. You took profits off the table. At one time you suggested putting everything you own in APPL, and just sitting on it because it was on a one way rocket trip to $1000. I think you were predicting 1000/share by fourth quarter 2011, weren't you? It hasn't come close to that. I said there would be swings, and buying and selling opportunities along the way. The recent swing was a portfolio value buster for anyone who owned too much and held tight on the fall from 700.

I have done just fine buying and selling AAPL every now and then, while continuing to hold at least some since I first purchased it. But, I own less now than I did a year ago. I have not yet bought more for quite a while, and will not until they prove more to me again. They have missed earnings estimates 2 consecutive quarters, and three of the last five. If they miss again, the market will not be kind, and could present a much lower buying opportunity (or maybe a final warning to get out completely for a while). If they have a good report, there will be ample time to get back in if it seems like the right choice at the time.

Patlerized with a baseball bat with a bunch of 16d nails pounded through it.

Holy shit that was an ass-kicking, Mr. P.

Bretsky
01-22-2013, 08:52 PM
You got my account locked out homie. Just popping in for the playoffs. I'm excited, dude. Worried, but excited.

Cash is for down payment on house, Skin. We are closing in middle of Feb.

And u didn't even look me up for the home loan ? Dick.................lol......j/k

Joemailman
01-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Apple drops 10% in after hours trading after missing forecasts again. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/23/us-apple-results-idUSBRE90M1HD20130123

Freak Out
01-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Time to buy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

SkinBasket
01-24-2013, 06:45 AM
And u didn't even look me up for the home loan ? Dick.................lol......j/k

I thought you were out of that business now.

call_me_ishmael
01-29-2013, 11:26 PM

We went with a close family friend. Otherwise I definitely would have. Locked in at a whopping 3.25% APR w00t w00t.

As for AAPL... amazing buying opportunity. They just had the best quarter by a company ever, excluding big oil companies. They aren't going anywhere any time soon.

AAPL will hit 1K. I planned it out to happen in 2014. It might take until 2015 or 2016, but it will happen (assuming a split doesn't occur).

PE of 10, record profits, record revenue, 20% growth, etc.

Last year for Q2, they had a 47% profit margin. This year they'll be about 39% for the same quarter. Updating all of their products in past 3-4 months killed margins in the short term, but that is a very short sighted view. They'll get production under control and get margins back up, while still selling an insane amount of stuff. I cannot emphasize enough how much I would buy. Bearish sentiment + strong fundamentals + obvious consumer interest = TIME TO BUYYYYYYY (Axel Rose)

Other stock tips from me:

1. AAPL is gonna fall to 370ish temporarily before a huge rally. Follow Peter Ghostine on Twitter. Dude has an unbelievable track record with technical trades and market patterns. I intend to offload around 470 and rebuy at 370ish.

2. AMZN is going to pop soon. Yes, they have the potential to be a huge, wealthy company someday. They are so incredibly overvalued right now, it's insane. They don't meet expectations (short on revenue, earnings per share, margin, etc) and the stock still jumps 10%. Fundamentals are very weak. Expect a correction soon.

Patler
01-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Don't make excuses for AAPL. They screwed up, plain and simple. Now they have to pay the piper.

In the market, perception and momentum mean a lot; and AAPL has managed of cut the guts out of amazingly strong positions in both. They screwed up in many, many ways; not the least of which was providing ultra conservative (which in the market means "inaccurate") forward guidance for years. When they continually beat estimates on ever increasing earnings, and almost continually increasing rates of increase, investors just winked and bought more shares. Now, in the last year and a half they have not only provided more accurate guidance, they have missed estimates, shown their worst earnings increase projections in years and lowered guidance significantly.

Until 6-12 months ago, fund managers HAD to own AAPL. Virtually every analyst provided continually increasing price estimates, so individual investors followed right along with the fund managers.

Fund managers have dumped a tom of AAPL shares in the last month, and will continue to sell as price estimate revisions come in lower and lower. Any momentum will be negative. Any glitch in AAPL's sales, supply or releasesswill likely bring on more downward pressure.

You may have to adjust your "offload" price. It looks like a ceiling could be forming at about $460. It might be a while before we see $470 again.

Will you be selling any of the "buttload" of shares you told us that you bought in the low $600s? That will be locking in a loss of about 20-25%. Locking in a loss and buying back in at a lower price is not the same as locking in a profit and buying back in on a dip. There are different tax and securities implications when you do that. Make sure you understand what you are doing and be aware of the timings of your transactions to avoid unintended consequences.

Patler
01-30-2013, 06:29 PM
AAPL could become a range bound stock, trading in a narrow band well below "typical" P/E and other ratios common among the smaller dogs in their industry. It is something that can happen to a big dog when the luster is lost from a stock with huge market capital. A fall from +700 to just above 400 in about 3 months can cause a strange change in perception.

call_me_ishmael
05-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Mean reversion under way. Time to buyyyyyy. Above the trendline, and 50 DMA is a positive slope for the first time in awhile.

Disclosure: Long AAPL, FB, GE, GOOG, PNRA

The SEC has labeled me a pattern day trader. Scumbag SEC.

Every night I code from 10pm-1:30 am after the Mrs. goes to bed. 6:30 AM is wake up. Thank god for caffeine, eh. Got some software in the works that will eventually make complex technical analysis available to the masses. It's a bitch, though. I feel so unproductive. 3.5 hours per day is really not that much. Progress is slow to say the least.

Home ownership is humbling. Wifey and I make great money and we are still broke as s@!# right now. Sucks man. Furniture and life in general is so absurdly expensive. We opted to go w/ high end furniture and have it shipped straight from NC since cheap stuff would look outta place in ishmael manner.

Iron Mike
05-08-2013, 07:06 AM
*manor

Zool
05-08-2013, 08:41 AM
*manor

Maybe he equates manners with fancy furniture?

MadtownPacker
05-08-2013, 03:56 PM
This crazy MFer won't die!!! Like fucking some kind of Internet Jason or Freddy. :lol:

call_me_ishmael
05-09-2013, 11:42 AM
This crazy MFer won't die!!! Like fucking some kind of Internet Jason or Freddy. :lol:

:-) That's hilarious. How's it going dude? tĂș eres mi hermano

MadtownPacker
05-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Well it aint bad you fuck. Working my ass off trying to make enough money so that my skin color wont matter. You speaking Spanish now? Did your neighborhood get overrun by Mexicans?

call_me_ishmael
05-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Well it aint bad you fuck. Working my ass off trying to make enough money so that my skin color wont matter. You speaking Spanish now? Did your neighborhood get overrun by Mexicans?

I hear your brother. Being an adult is a lot of work. It's humbling.

MadtownPacker
05-10-2013, 12:19 PM
You ain't no adult!! Do you even know how to wipe your ass right? :lol:

call_me_ishmael
05-20-2013, 11:57 PM
I've had my Babolat Pure Drive tennis racket for 11 years. The frame crumbled the other day hitting a ball. End of an era. I bought a clearance 2013 Head Radical MP for the replacement. $120 out the door at Les Moise. I'm super happy with it after three sessions. I'm hitting harder than ever and seemingly with more control. Still have a trash backhand, though :-/

call_me_ishmael
05-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Took PNRA from ~165 to 191. Made some dough.

Bretsky
05-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Let's hear the facebook hype story ! What is your target and why ? curious.........as I'm on the verge of buying it.

MadtownPacker
05-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Facebook? B you old fogey that shit is losing steam, especially with the trendy folks who power shit like that!

SkinBasket
09-16-2015, 08:08 AM
Stop yelling. We are awesome.

Stop yelling.